Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,623 members, 7,816,567 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

Did He Go Too Far - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Did He Go Too Far (2786 Views)

When Playing "Hard-To-Get" Goes Too Far?! / How Did He Know She Cheated? / When Your Wife Pushes You Too Far,a Slap Or 2 Could Be Justified (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did He Go Too Far by r231(m): 1:10am On Oct 28, 2011
This is a true story about a recent wedding that took place in Lagos.

This was a huge wedding with over 300 guests. After the wedding at the reception, the groom got up on stage and took the microphone to talk to the crowd.

He said that he wanted to thank everyone for coming, many from long distances, to support them at their Wedding. He especially wanted to thank the bride's and groom's families for coming and to thank his new father-in-law for providing such a fabulous reception.

To thank everyone for coming and bringing gifts and everything, he said he wanted to give everyone a special gift from just him. Taped to the bottom of everyone's chair (even the chairs of the wedding party) was a manila envelope.

He said that was his gift to everyone, and told everyone to open their envelopes. Inside each manila envelope was an 8x10 picture of his best man having sex with the bride:/ undecided undecided. (He had gotten suspicious of the two of them and hired a private detective to trail them weeks prior to the wedding.)

After he stood there and watched the people's reactions for a couple of minutes, he turned to the best man and said ''F--- you!'' he then turned to the bride and said ''F--- you!'' and then he turned to the dumbfounded crowd and said. . . . . ''Thanks, I'm out of here.'' grin grin

He had the marriage annulled first thing that Monday morning.

While most of us would have broken off the engagement immediately after finding out about the affair, this guy goes through with it anyway as if nothing was wrong.

His revenge:
1) Making the bride's parents pay over 320,000/= for a 300 guests wedding and reception.

2) Letting everyone know exactly what did happen.

3) And best of all, trashing the bride's and best man's reputations in front of all of their friends, their parents, brothers, sisters, grandparents, nieces and nephews, etc.

Did the guy go too far?
Re: Did He Go Too Far by lagcity(m): 1:20am On Oct 28, 2011
damn that's a cold nigga. honestly i can't say he went too far cos i don't know how much sacrifice he made for the girl.
Re: Did He Go Too Far by HighChief4(m): 1:50am On Oct 28, 2011
Men I cant really judge that guy, but that was a sad one. Thought things like this only happen in the movies. Dayummmm
Re: Did He Go Too Far by kemmeye: 1:58am On Oct 28, 2011
he should have done it privately cuz the dumb skull failed to realize that no one is perfect and yh they deserved to be paid back but that was just TOO MUCH.
Re: Did He Go Too Far by HighChief4(m): 2:03am On Oct 28, 2011
^^^This has nothing to do with perfection, people overly use that "nobody is perfect" to get away with some silly act. Its pure deceit and betrayal. My heart goes out to the dude
Re: Did He Go Too Far by kemmeye: 2:10am On Oct 28, 2011
even tho its still too much regardless
Re: Did He Go Too Far by tpia5: 2:11am On Oct 28, 2011
yes, he went too far.

what concerns the guests with this matter?

true, the girl and best man wronged him, but still.
Re: Did He Go Too Far by arsenefc: 3:32am On Oct 28, 2011
tpia@:

yes, he went too far.

what concerns the guests with this matter?

true, the girl and best man wronged him, but still.

WTF are you talking about, madam crazy?

Oloriburuku ikeji aja
Re: Did He Go Too Far by arsenefc: 3:37am On Oct 28, 2011
[size=18pt]Description: Urban legend[/size]
Circulating since: 1995 (online versions)
[size=18pt]Status: False[/size]

http://urbanlegends.about.com/od/sex/a/mastercard_wed.htm
Re: Did He Go Too Far by harakiri(m): 4:22am On Oct 28, 2011
I have a gut feeling that the story is made up but if there's a guy out there that can really pull this off, i doff my hat for him. No other better way to do it.
Re: Did He Go Too Far by Acidosis(m): 5:39am On Oct 28, 2011
Interesting.
Re: Did He Go Too Far by itiswell1(m): 7:19am On Oct 28, 2011
Wow, too cold.
Re: Did He Go Too Far by Nobody: 7:24am On Oct 28, 2011
Yes, he went way too far and involved innocent people. Not cool.
Re: Did He Go Too Far by bekay911(f): 7:44am On Oct 28, 2011
He went too far but if i were d brides parent i wont give or pay a penny to him afteral dats marriage for him.
Re: Did He Go Too Far by neyostica: 7:58am On Oct 28, 2011
Serves her right, the girl is a LovePeddler,
Re: Did He Go Too Far by slimyem: 8:07am On Oct 28, 2011
Old fable!
Who can be that cold and wicked??
Re: Did He Go Too Far by deekseen(m): 8:27am On Oct 28, 2011
I think the guy did fine to pull that off. If he had just called that marriage off like that people who have thought he was the problem, especially if the girl went about playing the innocent victim - and she would have feigned that!
Re: Did He Go Too Far by Kanou(f): 9:05am On Oct 28, 2011
He went as far as his anger  angry

Good for him if that helps him recover, though I doubt. undecided   At least he won't owe anybody any explanation. wink

If their relationship was valuable enough to lead to marriage, he could have handled things differently, like this man:

"Because Joseph her husband was faithful to the law, and yet did not want to expose her to public disgrace, he had in mind to divorce her quietly."
Re: Did He Go Too Far by sexlog(m): 9:17am On Oct 28, 2011
It sounds like a story from james hadley chase. Wel, i like wat he did. He didnt go too far. Some of these ladies are LovePeddler, and d painful part of it is they would still prove hard to get.
Re: Did He Go Too Far by emofine(f): 9:34am On Oct 28, 2011
The story sounds quite cinematic so for a person to adopt this method does convey such a person probably went too far.

Whatever the inspiration, it is very callous to use a wedding as a plot in a cold revenge. More so whatever sin the bride committed her parents didn't deserve to be made to sponsor a sham wedding - in fact that's fraudulent.

In his revenge he has hurt innocent people now imagine if they were to have a mind like him what shall they then plot against him?

No doubt he deserves to win an Oscar along with the biggest jerk of the year award.
Re: Did He Go Too Far by Basildon1(m): 9:36am On Oct 28, 2011
Real or fake story, i dont think any1 can b that patient!!
Re: Did He Go Too Far by Dyt(f): 9:57am On Oct 28, 2011
blinkin
Re: Did He Go Too Far by Odunnu: 10:18am On Oct 28, 2011
I strongly support what he did. I would do likewise if I can bear the pain that long.
The wife and bestfriend are a disgrace to friendship.
Re: Did He Go Too Far by 677ano(m): 10:22am On Oct 28, 2011
Very well executed if it is true, he did not go too far
Re: Did He Go Too Far by freecocoa(f): 10:37am On Oct 28, 2011
He went too too too far abeg,agreed he was wronged,did the girl's parents hurt him too?personally if I was in attendance I for slap the groom for being an immature jerk.
The best thing to have done would be to call off the wedding,send the pictures to the girl's parents as reason for backing out,then demand for the bride price he paid.
As for the satan of a best man,just hire some ganja-smoking dudes to teach him a small lesson,without the back stabber knowing its his doing.

Abeg all this people saying"nobody is perfect"should stop that rubbish,many people are hiding under that cloak to do evil. That phrase just pisses me off most times.
Re: Did He Go Too Far by Nobody: 11:58am On Oct 28, 2011
This is a Cock&Bull cook-up story, undecided
Re: Did He Go Too Far by mashnino(m): 12:19pm On Oct 28, 2011
nice script, sell it to wale adenuga
Re: Did He Go Too Far by 2blunt: 12:40pm On Oct 28, 2011
e don tey wey i read dis stuff, i even get pictures, let me go searching i will be rite back
Re: Did He Go Too Far by yme1(f): 1:34pm On Oct 28, 2011
Man you rock cheesy
Re: Did He Go Too Far by Nobody: 1:59pm On Oct 28, 2011
Guy, the rule say an eye for an eye, u went for the neck.
My verdict: i permanently nullify this marriage and sentence u both to singlehood till further notice. grin
Re: Did He Go Too Far by r231(m): 2:01pm On Oct 28, 2011
Crown Prince:

Guy, the rule say an eye for an eye, u went for the neck.
My verdict: i permanently nullify this marriage and sentence u both to singlehood till further notice. grin

Lmao grin grin
Re: Did He Go Too Far by Spyker: 3:18pm On Oct 28, 2011
Even though the girl is a prostitute and slept with half of the crowd, he (as a gentleman) should have called off the wedding without any explanation. Gossips travel far and carries varieties of the story.

As for me. he as stooped to the level of a heartless and insensitive man, hence his action at the wedding reception. He did not consider the embarrassment to his friends and family members

(1) (2) (Reply)

Denrele Releases His 21 Qualitative Requirements In A Woman.- Check If U Qualify / Help! What Is She Trying To Do. / I Am Tired Of Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.