Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,720 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:47 PM

New Drug Prices In Nigeria - Health (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / New Drug Prices In Nigeria (40138 Views)

This New Drug Reduces Your High BP After Five Days Of Usage / Crizanlizumab: New Drug For Sickle Cell By Novartis / Expect 100% Hike In Drug Prices, PSN Tells Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by membranus: 7:07am On Nov 18, 2023
Chetas81:
IF TINUBU IS NOT YORUBA MAN, YORUBA PEOPLE WOULD HAVE TURN DOG πŸ• TO TEAR HIM APART

The same way the Igbos are now turning DOGS to tear Tinubu apart?
Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by duduade: 7:14am On Nov 18, 2023
Zonefree:
Three days ago, i bought Augmentin 625mg at N18,000

Vitamin C 1000mg at N6500

Vitamin E at N8500.

Zithromax 250mg at N7500.

Nigeria don spoil finish!

Make person no sick ooo for this period still after eight years o

1 Like

Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by ogaontop(m): 7:39am On Nov 18, 2023
plaindealer:

It's common sense, prescription drug prices have nothing to do with Nigeria, it's part of the global inflation so it makes no difference if they stay or leave, the price will still go up.

Mr man check the percentage increase in prices of these drugs in other countries including nearby Ghana and South Africa, then tell me why the increase in Nigeria should triple the increase in every other country!!
Seems you no do economics
Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by a4cube: 7:40am On Nov 18, 2023
Image123:

Not defending the price of medicine or happy with it,but anyone who knows the UK can't use it as an example in this case. "The taxpayer-funded National Health Service, which provides free health care to more than 64 million people, is the main buyer of pharmaceutical products in the U.K. That means it can use its purchasing power to negotiate with drug companies to get lower prices."
Paracetamol is not included as you can buy from anywhere. The guy you quoted even put it on high side. A packet of para is as low ad Β£.16 pence.
Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by a4cube: 7:44am On Nov 18, 2023
membranus:

Igbos will not vote somebody like tinubu because he is Igbo. Igbos vote yhr best among yhr contestants irrespective of where the person comes from.
Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by IamAtikulate: 8:08am On Nov 18, 2023
YoungBlackRico:
You people are so ignorant, I feel ashamed for una sometimes. Na una sabi sha
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

As if we send your papa
Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by Chetas81(m): 8:22am On Nov 18, 2023
membranus:

I'm not igbo you war with
Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by membranus: 8:31am On Nov 18, 2023
a4cube:
Igbos will not vote somebody like tinubu because he is Igbo. Igbos vote yhr best among yhr contestants irrespective of where the person comes from.

Tell that to the birds.
Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by phemmyfour: 8:35am On Nov 18, 2023
Zonefree:

Vitamin E at N8500.

It's finished
Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by erico2k2(m): 8:57am On Nov 18, 2023
Image123:

Not defending the price of medicine or happy with it, but anyone who knows the UK can't use it as an example in this case. "The taxpayer-funded National Health Service, which provides free health care to more than 64 million people, is the main buyer of pharmaceutical products in the U.K. That means it can use its purchasing power to negotiate with drug companies to get lower prices."
you are still missing the point, Medicine are not manufactured by the NHS so this does n ot interfere with pricing of medication, Panadol is and off the shelf medicine meaning you can buy them yourself, however if you are not receiving Benefit and working full time you are not entitled to free medication as all you get from your doctor is prescription and you go buy your medicine yourself with your own cash. Some of us in Nigeria think the UK is just a land of free free free,No you pay for your own medicine if you are in ful time Employment. Now that you know this how does the taxpayer fund Drug manufacturing?
Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by missionmex(m): 9:41am On Nov 18, 2023
lexylaw40:
everything you are complaining about is caused by your brother Godwin Emefiele former CBN Governor. While you guys were busy cheering him up. Now you want to hypocritical blame us for what you did.

IT WONT WORK
Mumu don drop epistle
Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by drimzsmoke(m): 9:45am On Nov 18, 2023
Zonefree:

Vitamin E at N8500.

Na you won use Augmentin, we have fleming which works fine, and there is a cheaper erythromycin too. I don't know if this drug is for you aged father but if these drugs are for you, then something is wrong somewhere...you're spending more than 16K on supplements and it's not even glutathione 🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣
Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by highoctane: 9:48am On Nov 18, 2023
There are generic version of those drugs, this is an old news.
All our pharmacists where have their knowledge gone.
For good health and sustainable wellness.
Stop Smoking ,Heavy drinking
and substance abuse.
Though you may be ill, but your body will be in better condition to make these medications work.

1 Like

Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by YoungBlackRico(m): 9:58am On Nov 18, 2023
IamAtikulate:

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

As if we send your papa
Lol, jokes on you...it's sad that y'all are just like this. Really a shame, a whole Facking tribe
Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by DrMuzungu(m): 9:58am On Nov 18, 2023
igwebuike01:
Very good. Igbo pharmaceutical companies will take over production of those drugs

You mean those criminal Aba boys, or real pharmaceutical companies?
Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by Fizalis(m): 10:04am On Nov 18, 2023
Well, may your belief work for you according to your faith
stasius:

Yes. He will save us.
Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by tobolos(m): 10:18am On Nov 18, 2023
I bought a single dose of deworming drug 4 euros 2 days ago.

IamAtikulate:
1. Seretide, N5000 to N70,000
2. Ampiclox, from N1000 to N13,000
3. Ventolin inhaler, N2800 to N8000
4. Augmentin 625mg, N4500 to N25,000

All are GlaxoSmithKline GSK Products.

Sanofi (the makers of Tavanic 500mg & influenza vaccines ) are also planning to leave Nigeria. WHO IS NEXT IN LINE?

Nigeria moved from one relic to another. Bad misfortune; from frying pan to fire.

Nigerians are yet to fully appreciate the implications of GlaxoSmithKline GSK exiting Nigeria. When I say this, I don’t mean no Agbado (they can’t afford it). I speak of those hardworking Nigerians whose incomes & livelihoods have diminished.

Credit: Nefertiti
Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by stasius: 10:26am On Nov 18, 2023
Fizalis:
Well, may your belief work for you according to your faith

Amen.

1 Like

Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by gloriana(f): 10:40am On Nov 18, 2023
smileyoo:
lol. where are the needed chemicals needed for the manufacturing of such sensitive drugs
because they will still need to import the needed chemicals before they can manufacture such drugs.
or do you want them to manufacture fake drugs for you ?
better urge your government to address the main reasons why companies are folding up in Nigeria.
I just hope Access bank has not folded up with my money o
Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by Empredboy(m): 10:42am On Nov 18, 2023
plaindealer:
Drug prices increased above the inflation rate all over the world, but you don't think it should be increased in Nigeria.

Do you people really think Nigeria is above or immune to global inflation and price increases?

I bet you want the government to subsidize that too,,
I have never told anyone on the social media to shut up. I am sorry I have to tell you this. Cone to cotonuo and see a working country. The price of almost Everything they sale is still the same. Rice is still cfa21000, drugs ,frozen food are all the same price since I got here in 2014. Talk about your inflation and naira leave the world alone. Don't let these thieves lei to you
Jokers,,

Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by killsmith(f): 11:12am On Nov 18, 2023
[quote author=Babastrong post=127024676][/quote]
Me I no know you o.
I only know say e dey sweet me to watch una mama cry and protest of hunger.
Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by ClitRaider: 12:47pm On Nov 18, 2023
Boogyman557:
Holly Gram cool It's just getting started..

Them never see anything yet.

We still have 7years. # BIG 7

I just de happy say WEED still CHEAP..

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!

The sweet go reach everyone!
Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by Babastrong(m): 2:01pm On Nov 18, 2023
[quote author=killsmith post=127033220]
Me I no know you o.
I only know say e dey sweet me to watch una mama cry and protest of hunger. [that hunger kills your papa and mama over there.]
Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by killsmith(f): 2:07pm On Nov 18, 2023
[quote author=Babastrong post=127035842][/quote]
I'll be here to enjoy your harlot mother cry and protest over the price of ewedu next week.
Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by Image123(m): 3:57pm On Nov 18, 2023
erico2k2:

you are still missing the point, Medicine are not manufactured by the NHS so this does n ot interfere with pricing of medication, Panadol is and off the shelf medicine meaning you can buy them yourself, however if you are not receiving Benefit and working full time you are not entitled to free medication as all you get from your doctor is prescription and you go buy your medicine yourself with your own cash. Some of us in Nigeria think the UK is just a land of free free free,No you pay for your own medicine if you are in ful time Employment. Now that you know this how does the taxpayer fund Drug manufacturing?

NHS is the main buyer of pharmaceutical products in the U.K. That means it can use its purchasing power to negotiate with drug companies to get lower prices.
Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by Image123(m): 3:59pm On Nov 18, 2023
a4cube:
Paracetamol is not included as you can buy from anywhere. The guy you quoted even put it on high side. A packet of para is as low ad Β£.16 pence.

You buy from anywhere but it is cheap because NHS which is the major buyer gets it cheap. Law of demand and supply. NHS has more demand and gets cheap, other 'competitors also have to get cheap and sell cheap.
For example if the Ministry of Labour is the biggest importer of cement and imports at 1000naira per bag, other smaller importers have to source for cheap and sell cheap to compete in sales.

1 Like

Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by erico2k2(m): 4:02pm On Nov 18, 2023
Image123:

NHS is the main buyer of pharmaceutical products in the U.K. That means it can use its purchasing power to negotiate with drug companies to get lower prices.
what % of people in the UK do you think get free medication from the NHS relative to those who have to pay for prescription?
Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by erico2k2(m): 4:05pm On Nov 18, 2023
Image123:

You buy from anywhere but it is cheap because NHS which is the major buyer gets it cheap. Law of demand and supply. NHS has more demand and gets cheap, other 'competitors also have to get cheap and sell cheap.
For example if the Ministry of Labour is the biggest importer of cement and imports at 1000naira per bag, other smaller importers have to source for cheap and sell cheap to compete in sales.
Your post of full of assumptions, cos you are entirely wrong, just cos the NHS gets its meds from Uk manufacturers does not determine the price the coys sell thier product. Hey sell at inflation determined prices. I work with a company that does loads for the NHS, we will charge the NHS same price as we will charge siemens in Germany. Why dont you let those who actually pay the NI contribution tell you how it is done or you think they are Dunmb or smthing
Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by Image123(m): 4:21pm On Nov 18, 2023
erico2k2:

Your post of full of assumptions, cos you are entirely wrong, just cos the NHS gets its meds from Uk manufacturers does not determine the price the coys sell thier product. Hey sell at inflation determined prices. I work with a company that does loads for the NHS, we will charge the NHS same price as we will charge siemens in Germany. Why dont you let those who actually pay the NI contribution tell you how it is done or you think they are Dunmb or smthing

No arguements, you're free to your experience.
Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by a4cube: 6:33pm On Nov 18, 2023
membranus:

Tell that to the birds.
Maybe you are the bird.
Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by Babastrong(m): 7:46pm On Nov 18, 2023
[quote author=killsmith post=127035919]
I'll be here to enjoy your harlot mother cry and protest over the price of ewedu next week. [you made me remembered the last time i bleeped your mother.]
Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by liasmiram2567: 9:31pm On Nov 18, 2023
igwebuike01:
Very good. Igbo pharmaceutical companies will take over production of those drugs

Take over to produce Fake products

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Kano Runs Out Of COVID-19 Test Kits, As Testing Center Suspends Operations / COVID-19: Video Of NCDC Officials Taking Samples For Testing / Commercial Sex Workers Undergo Free Medical Tests In Onitsha (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.