Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,262 members, 7,811,731 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:15 PM

New Drug Prices In Nigeria - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / New Drug Prices In Nigeria (40045 Views)

This New Drug Reduces Your High BP After Five Days Of Usage / Crizanlizumab: New Drug For Sickle Cell By Novartis / Expect 100% Hike In Drug Prices, PSN Tells Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Drug Prices In Nigeria by IamAtikulate: 12:22pm On Nov 17, 2023
1. Seretide, N5000 to N70,000
2. Ampiclox, from N1000 to N13,000
3. Ventolin inhaler, N2800 to N8000
4. Augmentin 625mg, N4500 to N25,000

All are GlaxoSmithKline GSK Products.

Sanofi (the makers of Tavanic 500mg & influenza vaccines ) are also planning to leave Nigeria. WHO IS NEXT IN LINE?

Nigeria moved from one relic to another. Bad misfortune; from frying pan to fire.

Nigerians are yet to fully appreciate the implications of GlaxoSmithKline GSK exiting Nigeria. When I say this, I don’t mean no Agbado (they can’t afford it). I speak of those hardworking Nigerians whose incomes & livelihoods have diminished.

Credit: Nefertiti

78 Likes 9 Shares

Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by Boogyman557: 12:26pm On Nov 17, 2023
Holly Gram cool It's just getting started..

Them never see anything yet.

We still have 7years. # BIG 7

I just de happy say WEED still CHEAP..

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!

150 Likes 9 Shares

Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by AskProf: 12:43pm On Nov 17, 2023
IamAtikulate:
1. Seretide, N5000 to N70,000
2. Ampiclox, from N1000 to N13,000
3. Ventolin inhaler, N2800 to N8000
4. Augmentin 625mg, N4500 to N25,000

All are GlaxoSmithKline GSK Products.

Sanofi (the makers of Tavanic 500mg & influenza vaccines ) are also planning to leave Nigeria. WHO IS NEXT IN LINE?

Nigeria moved from one relic to another. Bad misfortune; from frying pan to fire.

Nigerians are yet to fully appreciate the implications of GlaxoSmithKline GSK exiting Nigeria. When I say this, I don’t mean no Agbado (they can’t afford it). I speak of those hardworking Nigerians whose incomes & livelihoods have diminished.

Credit: Nefertiti

What!

5 Likes

Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by Politicstoday: 12:45pm On Nov 17, 2023
Tinubu bad economic policies destroyed Nigeria economy no be small

124 Likes 12 Shares

Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by igwebuike01: 12:48pm On Nov 17, 2023
Very good. Igbo pharmaceutical companies will take over production of those drugs

151 Likes 20 Shares

Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by Zonefree(m): 12:50pm On Nov 17, 2023
Three days ago, i bought Augmentin 625mg at N18,000

Vitamin C 1000mg at N6500

Vitamin E at N8500.

Zithromax 250mg at N7500.

Nigeria don spoil finish!

114 Likes 12 Shares

Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by Boogyman557: 12:53pm On Nov 17, 2023
Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by SadiqBabaSani: 1:02pm On Nov 17, 2023
Not nice ooo, May God help those in sick beds. This is like a death sentence on those who need this meds for survival

113 Likes 3 Shares

Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by plaindealer: 1:04pm On Nov 17, 2023
Drug prices increased above the inflation rate all over the world, but you don't think it should be increased in Nigeria.

Do you people really think Nigeria is above or immune to global inflation and price increases?

I bet you want the government to subsidize that too,,

Jokers,,

24 Likes 13 Shares

Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by Zonefree(m): 1:04pm On Nov 17, 2023
lexylaw40:
Oya tell us d price for dis one
Are you not ashamed of yourself like this?

Average Nigerians are going through a lot to get medical care and you're here disgracing your community embarassed

106 Likes 8 Shares

Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by smileyoo: 1:05pm On Nov 17, 2023
igwebuike01:
Very good. Igbo pharmaceutical companies will take over production of those drugs
lol. where are the needed chemicals needed for the manufacturing of such sensitive drugs
because they will still need to import the needed chemicals before they can manufacture such drugs.
or do you want them to manufacture fake drugs for you ?
better urge your government to address the main reasons why companies are folding up in Nigeria.

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by Zonefree(m): 1:06pm On Nov 17, 2023
plaindealer:
Drug prices increased above the inflation rate all over the world, but you don't think it should be increased in Nigeria.

Do you people really think Nigeria is above or immune to global inflation and price increases?

Jokers,,

Most of the big pharmaceutical companies have left Nigeria, the reason the drugs are expensive. Don't try to be smart by half!

231 Likes 19 Shares

Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by igwebuike01: 1:08pm On Nov 17, 2023
smileyoo:
lol. where are the needed chemicals needed for the manufacturing of such sensitive drugs
because they will still need to import the needed chemicals before they can manufacture such drugs.
or do you want them to manufacture fake drugs for you ?
better urge your government to address the main reasons why companies are folding up in Nigeria.
Did I tell you that Igbos will produce the drugs to be cheap? As GSK is gone and the price increase they are there to maximize profits. Whatever high cost of chemicals will be transfered to the already impoverished Ronu miscreants

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by plaindealer: 1:10pm On Nov 17, 2023
Zonefree:

Most of the big pharmaceutical companies have left Nigeria, the reason the drugs are expensive. Don't try to be smart by half!

Do you mean if they stay, they won't raise prices because they get materials at lower prices than the rest of the pharmaceutical companies that are raising prices all over the world because of the increase in the cost of raw materials?

Why is it always hard for you people to apply common sense.?

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by lexylaw40: 1:11pm On Nov 17, 2023
Zonefree:

Are you not ashamed of yourself like this?

Average Nigerians are going through a lot to get medical care and you're here disgracing your community embarassed
everything you are complaining about is caused by your brother Godwin Emefiele former CBN Governor. While you guys were busy cheering him up. Now you want to hypocritical blame us for what you did.

IT WONT WORK

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by BrownEnvelop(m): 1:11pm On Nov 17, 2023
plaindealer:

Jokers,,

This is just trying to be clever by half. The companies manufacturing these drugs have left the shores of Nigeria, as such these drugs are meant to be imported. With the scarcity of fx right now, there's no way the price would be cheap

95 Likes 7 Shares

Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by smileyoo: 1:15pm On Nov 17, 2023
igwebuike01:

Did I tell you that Igbos will produce the drugs to be cheap? As GSK is gone and the price increase they are there to maximize profits. Whatever high cost of chemicals will be transfered to the already impoverished Ronu miscreants
okay oOoOO.
when your ronu people, majority of them prefer local herbs. aka Agbo jedi-jedi.

7 Likes

Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by plaindealer: 1:15pm On Nov 17, 2023
BrownEnvelop:

This is just trying to be clever by half. The companies manufacturing these drugs have left the shores of Nigeria, as such these drugs are meant to be imported. With the scarcity of fx right now, there's no way the price would be cheap

It's common sense, prescription drug prices have nothing to do with Nigeria, it's part of the global inflation so it makes no difference if they stay or leave, the price will still go up.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by Zonefree(m): 1:18pm On Nov 17, 2023
plaindealer:

Do you mean if they stay, they won't raise prices because they get materials at lower prices than the rest of the pharmaceutical companies that are raising prices all over the world because of the increase in the cost of raw materials?

Why is it always hard for you people to apply common sense.?

Stop being foolish, please. Some of these companies are gone, pharmacies in Nigeria now import some of the products.

This drugs sell for N1500 - N2500 about eight months ago, today it's between N6500 - N8000.

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by plaindealer: 1:22pm On Nov 17, 2023
Zonefree:

Vitamin E at N8500.

Liar, who prescribed 2 different antibiotics to take at the same time?

Just say Nigeria is finished and stop lying with the rest of your rubbish..

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by plaindealer: 1:26pm On Nov 17, 2023
Zonefree:

Stop being foolish, please. Some of these companies are gone, pharmacies in Nigeria now import some of the products.

This drugs sell for N1500 - N2500 about eight months ago, today it's between N6500 - N8000.

In other countries all over the world, where the companies are not leaving, prices increased so what's your point?

They have no control over the cost of materials so it's pointless if they stay or go, the price will still go up.

It's common sense.

Is the rest of the world finished because they are paying more for drugs?

Just abuse Nigeria as usual and stop using the price of drugs to hide your ignorance and anti-Nigerian rhetoric.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by Zonefree(m): 1:27pm On Nov 17, 2023
plaindealer:

Liar, who prescribed 2 different antibiotics to take at the same time?

Just say Nigeria is finished and stop lying with the rest of your rubbish..

Mugu, check the date.

And who told you, the two antibiotics are to be taken same time?

101 Likes 4 Shares

Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by plaindealer: 1:31pm On Nov 17, 2023
Zonefree:

The drug in your picture is made by Pfizer, but the same Pfizer already increased the price of their drugs, so is this the fault of the Nigerian government?

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by plaindealer: 1:34pm On Nov 17, 2023
Zonefree:

Mugu, check the date.

And who told you, the two antibiotics are to be taken same time?

Where is the Augmentin in your picture?

What kind of sickness demands 2 different antibiotics?

Obviously, you lied.

Show us the receipt for 2 different antibiotics.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by plaindealer: 1:37pm On Nov 17, 2023
You people should just abuse and insult Nigeria as usual instead of ignorance and hiding under what's beyond Nigeria's control.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by Zonefree(m): 1:38pm On Nov 17, 2023
plaindealer:

Where is the Augmentin in your picture?

What kind of sickness demands 2 different antibiotics?

Obviously, you lied.

Show us the receipt for 2 different antibiotics.
What's your argument? I didn't buy the Augmentin or the price is not 18k?

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by plaindealer: 1:42pm On Nov 17, 2023
Zonefree:

What's your argument? I didn't buy the Augmentin or the price is not 18k?

Zonefree:

Vitamin E at N8500.

You said you did, but it's not on your fake receipt.

Stop lying..

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by Manigie: 1:45pm On Nov 17, 2023
[quote author=Boogyman557 post=127017976][/quote] And this is just the beginning of his term, we're in for it...

2 Likes

Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by Manigie: 1:46pm On Nov 17, 2023
lexylaw40:
Oya tell us d price for dis one
Always digressing from what's at hand and turning it to Igbo talks even when its not from an Igbo man....

Most of Tinubu's supporters are irrational in their argument,

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by Gilgil: 2:10pm On Nov 17, 2023
Where is your proof that prices increased in other countries?

Show us the receipts of before and after from those other countries.

plaindealer:

In other countries all over the world, where the companies are not leaving, prices increased so what's your point?

They have no control over the cost of materials so it's pointless if they stay or go, the price will still go up.

It's common sense.

Is the rest of the world finished because they are paying more for drugs?

Just abuse Nigeria as usual and stop using the price of drugs to hide your ignorance and anti-Nigerian rhetoric.

56 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ladies With Protruding Bellies. / Vaginal Tear Or Cut During Childbirth / Nigerian Man, Efosa Silas Sick at UAE Hospital, Who Knows The Family?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.