Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

New Drug Prices In Nigeria - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / New Drug Prices In Nigeria (40142 Views)

This New Drug Reduces Your High BP After Five Days Of Usage / Crizanlizumab: New Drug For Sickle Cell By Novartis / Expect 100% Hike In Drug Prices, PSN Tells Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by Tochi3(m): 2:18pm On Nov 17, 2023
plaindealer:
Drug prices increased above the inflation rate all over the world, but you don't think it should be increased in Nigeria.

Do you people really think Nigeria is above or immune to global inflation and price increases?

I bet you want the government to subsidize that too,,

Jokers,,

Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by plaindealer: 2:22pm On Nov 17, 2023
Gilgil:
Where is your proof that prices increased in other countries?

Show us the receipts of before and after from those other countries.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by michlins(m): 3:03pm On Nov 17, 2023
plaindealer:
Drug prices increased above the inflation rate all over the world, but you don't think it should be increased in Nigeria.

Do you people really think Nigeria is above or immune to global inflation and price increases?

Jokers,,

pray you don't get sick or any of your loved ones don't get sick.

This is beyond petty politics and tribalism. The politicians (APC, PDP, LP) will fly abroad for ordinary ear infection but can the ordinary people in Nigeria do same?

Apart from drugs being expensive, there are job losses as a result of the exit of this company.

So please shut up

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by mrvitalis(m): 3:04pm On Nov 17, 2023
IamAtikulate:
1. Seretide, N5000 to N70,000
2. Ampiclox, from N1000 to N13,000
3. Ventolin inhaler, N2800 to N8000
4. Augmentin 625mg, N4500 to N25,000

All are GlaxoSmithKline GSK Products.

Sanofi (the makers of Tavanic 500mg & influenza vaccines ) are also planning to leave Nigeria. WHO IS NEXT IN LINE?

Nigeria moved from one relic to another. Bad misfortune; from frying pan to fire.

Nigerians are yet to fully appreciate the implications of GlaxoSmithKline GSK exiting Nigeria. When I say this, I don’t mean no Agbado (they can’t afford it). I speak of those hardworking Nigerians whose incomes & livelihoods have diminished.

Credit: Nefertiti
This are Igbo prices

Relax Yoruba prices are coming

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by mrvitalis(m): 3:05pm On Nov 17, 2023
lexylaw40:
Oya tell us d price for dis one
Ask Tinubu he is the number one distributor of that one

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by plaindealer: 3:06pm On Nov 17, 2023
michlins:

This is beyond petty politics and tribalism. The politicians (APC, PDP, LP) will fly abroad for ordinary ear infection but can the ordinary people in Nigeria do same?

Apart from drugs being expensive, there are job losses as a result of the exit of this company.

So please shut up

Sickness doesn't reduce or raise the price of drugs, it's life's reality, global inflation and demand and supply.

Stop being sentimental and deal with realities.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by michlins(m): 3:23pm On Nov 17, 2023
plaindealer:

Sickness doesn't reduce or raise the price of drugs, it's life's reality, global inflation and demand and supply.

Stop being sentimental and deal with realities.

here's why Nigeria situation is very unique. We barely have functional health insurance plan which will help reduce the cost for the citizens. Another thing is that we're extremely poor people. The way we're poor,it can not be fully comprehended.

So government if truly responsible should have done everything to ensure that the company stays in Nigeria because with the factors above coupled with forex scarcity and greedy importers,it finished !!!!!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by aderadio1: 3:36pm On Nov 17, 2023
We will replace them with herbs. It's only ibo people that go to pharmacy shop. We have trado and it's working well.

All those portfolio investors should leave so that we will develop ours like the Chinese medicine.

Jagaban carry go.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by aderadio1: 3:39pm On Nov 17, 2023
Zonefree:
Three days ago, i bought Augmentin 625mg at N18,000

Vitamin C 1000mg at N6500

Vitamin E at N8500.

Zithromax 250mg at N7500.

Nigeria don spoil finish!
Are you a pharmacy shop owner?

6 Likes

Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by ConfidentialDoc: 4:31pm On Nov 17, 2023
I buy wholesale, luckily enough...
Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by sukar886: 5:13pm On Nov 17, 2023
Holy moses!!!! APC have finally destroy this country, from buhari to tinubu, from frying pan to fire, na only God go save us

1 Like

Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by descarado: 5:44pm On Nov 17, 2023
plaindealer:

Liar, who prescribed 2 different antibiotics to take at the same time?

Just say Nigeria is finished and stop lying with the rest of your rubbish..

If you are not in the medical field, please I beg you to close your mouth.

At least you would have used Google.

Shameful.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by Swiftgrp: 6:17pm On Nov 17, 2023
IamAtikulate:

Sanofi (the makers of Tavanic 500mg & influenza vaccines ) are also planning to leave Nigeria. WHO IS NEXT IN LINE?

Nigeria moved from one relic to another. Bad misfortune; from frying pan to fire.

Nigerians are yet to fully appreciate the implications of GlaxoSmithKline GSK exiting Nigeria. When I say this, I don’t mean no Agbado (they can’t afford it). I speak of those hardworking Nigerians whose incomes & livelihoods have diminished.

It's not just about GlaxoSmithKline leaving Nigeria as a result of global cost-cutting measures. From well-known facts on the ground, the very high spike in the cost of those pharmaceutical products majorly has to do with the massive greed and the criminal act of hoarding the old stock of these pharmaceutical drugs by the dealers and retailers. These are the criminals who would blame the politicians but they themselves are an epitome of massive greed and corruption.

The government too has to put in place price control mechanisms so that these creeps do not continue to exploit the innocent folks who need the medications. Price control is needed in not just the pharmaceutical sector, the food chain sector, but every other sector. Yes, price increments are a norm worldwide but price control is what keeps them from being too high. Offenders have to be punished subsequently for going above a specific price ceiling.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by stasius: 7:35pm On Nov 17, 2023
Jesus will save us.
Jesus is helping us.

3 Likes

Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by joseph1832(m): 7:35pm On Nov 17, 2023
IamAtikulate:

all this Twitter twerps won't mind selling their souls for anything that will make them trend, even if it's something silly.

2 Likes

Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by UptownVibes(m): 7:36pm On Nov 17, 2023
Prices of every damn thing is on the rise. If say person dey pay for the air we breathe, everybody when no be elite for naija for don die. God thank you,cux you are not a man.. Thanks for the free air I breathe. Gloray!

4 Likes

Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by WorldRichest: 7:37pm On Nov 17, 2023
igwebuike01:
Very good. Igbo pharmaceutical companies will take over production of those drugs

Your fake drugs again? You really want to reduce your population. Go ahead.

4 Likes

Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by yewit37486: 7:38pm On Nov 17, 2023
plaindealer:

Cost to NHS commissioners, the OP is talking about cost to CITIZENS. I believe you are aware that the NHS is free including some medication, so stop trying to twist things.
cc: Gilgil

4 Likes

Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by maasoap(m): 7:39pm On Nov 17, 2023
Zonefree:
Three days ago, i bought Augmentin 625mg at N18,000

Vitamin C 1000mg at N6500

Vitamin E at N8500.

Zithromax 250mg at N7500.

Nigeria don spoil finish!
Why the guy com say 25k?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by joyandfaith: 7:39pm On Nov 17, 2023
IamAtikulate:

Some drugs are not effective as before. The same brand..
Consumption of herbal products would increase.

3 Likes

Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by flyinnizam(m): 7:39pm On Nov 17, 2023
plaindealer:

It's common sense, prescription drug prices have nothing to do with Nigeria, it's part of the global inflation so it makes no difference if they stay or leave, the price will still go up.

your mumu never do you? agbado peep

4 Likes

Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by Babastrong(m): 7:39pm On Nov 17, 2023
[quote author=killsmith post=127018142]The yorubas killed the country. [ Na lie.
buhari killed, we(yoruba) are berying it. If you like kill yourself]
Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by Lance008(m): 7:40pm On Nov 17, 2023
maasoap:

Why the guy com say 25k?
He Dey deal on drug
If he won sell am he must high
That's wholesale price
Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by BigBlackPreek(m): 7:40pm On Nov 17, 2023
This is serious oh!
Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by favour32(m): 7:40pm On Nov 17, 2023
Na wetin onyinbo dey call,
a tip of the iceberg.
Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by yewit37486: 7:41pm On Nov 17, 2023
michlins:

So please shut up

That guy is sooo irritating with the nonsense he is writing. I feel like whacking him a hot slap across the screen. Until the day he is in the shoes of those people, then he will understand.

4 Likes

Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by Neddstark: 7:41pm On Nov 17, 2023
Pray not to be sick

2 Likes

Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by Houseontherock1: 7:41pm On Nov 17, 2023
plaindealer:

Jokers,,

The percentage increase in Nigeria is astronomical and scary...it's definitely not the same world over. In other words, something is terribly wrong with the country and the rulers

7 Likes

Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by LOVEGINO(m): 7:41pm On Nov 17, 2023
Boogyman557:
Holly Gram cool It's just getting started..

Them never see anything yet.

We still have 7years. # BIG 7

I just de happy say WEED still CHEAP..

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!
abeg remain d killer for me.
Re: New Drug Prices In Nigeria by phemmie06(m): 7:42pm On Nov 17, 2023
By their fruit you will sabi them.
I refuse to be a blind followers

plaindealer:

Jokers,,

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Kano Runs Out Of COVID-19 Test Kits, As Testing Center Suspends Operations / Commercial Sex Workers Undergo Free Medical Tests In Onitsha (Photos) / COVID-19: Video Of NCDC Officials Taking Samples For Testing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.