Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,802 members, 7,813,636 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:28 PM

Tension Grips Prestigious 1004 Estate In Lagos As Resident Go On The Warpath - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Tension Grips Prestigious 1004 Estate In Lagos As Resident Go On The Warpath (1212 Views)

Lagos As An Example, Lady Reveals Why Women Are Now Feeding Men(video) / More Panic Grips Family Of Missing 4-year-old Girl Who Was Kidnapped / How Can I Solve This Issue Without Causing Tension In My Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tension Grips Prestigious 1004 Estate In Lagos As Resident Go On The Warpath by Morbeta11(m): 7:11am On Nov 18, 2023
Tension grips prestigious 1004 estate in lagos as resident go on the warpath

Tempers are currently flaring today in the 1004 Estate, as residents has massed up in protest over what they have regard as years of neglect by the management of the prestigious home complex.

Things reached a week this weekend as the generator servicing the high-rise complex caught fire on Friday, with apparently no back-up or emergency plan by the Homeowners and Residents Association (HORA).

“We have not been able to as much do any cooking, neither are the lifts and air-conditioners working,” a resident told TheNewsGiant. “This is the result of years of shoddy neglect by the HORA team, since taking over in 2017.”

To make matters worse, residents took their grievances to the HORA office in the complex this morning and none of the key officers to address the issues could be found, nor had the management put in place any visible palliative measures to solve the prevailing issues.

“Things may take an ugly turn as more residents show up to ventilate their grievances,” the resident said. “I have already warned my family to remain indoors.”

Documents sighted by TheNewsGiant shows that previous efforts to make the life rosier in the estate had hit the rocks.

Some of the protesting residents, including expatriate, bore placards, one of which said,

One resident said “What is most painful is the fact that this crisis is unavoidable. But the HORA management teams have just been selfish, corrupt and unreasonable and apathetic tot the general welfare of residents. It is no longer acceptable.”

The 1004 Estate is a luxury residential hub in Victoria Island,with the name derived from the numerous flats in the abode.

It is the largest single luxury high rise estate in Sub-Saharan Africa with over 1004 flats, maisonettes, studio apartment in Victoria Island.

originally owned by the Federal Government, when it was opened in 1979 as a high amenity and upscale estate accommodation for senators and members of the House of Representatives, it was subsequently privately acquired by investors in 2007.

https://nairametrics.com/2023/11/17/tension-grips-prestigious-1004-estate-in-lagos-as-resident-go-on-the-warpath/

2 Likes

Re: Tension Grips Prestigious 1004 Estate In Lagos As Resident Go On The Warpath by immortalcrown(m): 7:18am On Nov 18, 2023
The rich also cry.
Re: Tension Grips Prestigious 1004 Estate In Lagos As Resident Go On The Warpath by OVB123: 7:31am On Nov 18, 2023
Nigeria is just a glorify village.

2 Likes

Re: Tension Grips Prestigious 1004 Estate In Lagos As Resident Go On The Warpath by OloYeOfEgbE: 8:10am On Nov 18, 2023
My former zones......
Re: Tension Grips Prestigious 1004 Estate In Lagos As Resident Go On The Warpath by Puss360(f): 8:13am On Nov 18, 2023
Na wa oo ...

Violence for high-rise buildings ke? God abeg o....
Make I no go shout for person, next thing dem push me from up ...

That's why I always like bungalows... We quarrel and settle... Even if we fight, we fit no die ....

But upstairs, noo...
Make I no go see myself for ground from 5th floor...
All-in all, the rich also cry....

1 Like

Re: Tension Grips Prestigious 1004 Estate In Lagos As Resident Go On The Warpath by Oloki: 8:56am On Nov 18, 2023
Am not understanding.. is it that the management get power pass all the rich people combine that are living there? Why can't they join hands and sue them?

1 Like

Re: Tension Grips Prestigious 1004 Estate In Lagos As Resident Go On The Warpath by SporaD8: 9:34am On Nov 18, 2023
Puss360:
Na wa oo ...

Violence for high-rise buildings ke? God abeg o....
Make I no go shout for person, next thing dem push me from up ...

That's why I always like bungalows... We quarrel and settle... Even if we fight, we fit no die ....

But upstairs, noo...
Make I no go see myself for ground from 5th floor...
All-in all, the rich also cry....
Wetin this wan dey yarn sef? Na high-rise building(with lobbied stircase) them call am no be ROPE!

1 Like

Re: Tension Grips Prestigious 1004 Estate In Lagos As Resident Go On The Warpath by Puss360(f): 9:37am On Nov 18, 2023
SporaD8:

Wetin this wan dey yarn sef? Na high-rise building them call am no be ROPE!

Okay... As e be say I never see storey building before nah... Come carry me go grin
Re: Tension Grips Prestigious 1004 Estate In Lagos As Resident Go On The Warpath by SporaD8: 9:43am On Nov 18, 2023
Puss360:

Okay... As e be say I never see storey building before nah... Come carry me go grin
Sure! ...but I know your type - Acrophobia go make you start dey crawl for inside elevator!
Re: Tension Grips Prestigious 1004 Estate In Lagos As Resident Go On The Warpath by Puss360(f): 9:53am On Nov 18, 2023
SporaD8:

Sure! ...but no go start dey crawl for inside elevator o?!
Lol... But I have phobia for elevators sha..
Re: Tension Grips Prestigious 1004 Estate In Lagos As Resident Go On The Warpath by SporaD8: 10:09am On Nov 18, 2023
Puss360:

Lol... But I have phobia for elevators sha..
I talk am!!!
If you come get aboard a chopper nko? Na for your heart to just...!
Just learn to manage your fears; never let them inhibit you.
Re: Tension Grips Prestigious 1004 Estate In Lagos As Resident Go On The Warpath by LadyRosa2(f): 10:53am On Nov 18, 2023
That building smells of garlic, bloody indians!
Re: Tension Grips Prestigious 1004 Estate In Lagos As Resident Go On The Warpath by TANID(m): 12:52pm On Nov 18, 2023
shocked
Re: Tension Grips Prestigious 1004 Estate In Lagos As Resident Go On The Warpath by Puss360(f): 6:00pm On Nov 18, 2023
SporaD8:

I talk am!!!
If you come get aboard a chopper nko? Na for your heart to just...!
Just learn to manage your fears; never let them inhibit you.
thanks
Re: Tension Grips Prestigious 1004 Estate In Lagos As Resident Go On The Warpath by Beremx(f): 6:04pm On Nov 18, 2023
Nigeria has happened to 1004 estate grin grin
Re: Tension Grips Prestigious 1004 Estate In Lagos As Resident Go On The Warpath by IVORY2009(m): 6:12pm On Nov 18, 2023
This is always the issues with estates, when it's new everything works fine, but after some years, neglect comes in, the association of owners and residents of the estate should hold the management responsible, I know celebrities like Uti Nwachukwu, among other lives there.

1 Like

Re: Tension Grips Prestigious 1004 Estate In Lagos As Resident Go On The Warpath by marsup: 8:07pm On Nov 18, 2023
It used to be a lovely place to live in...great memories.
Nothing luxurious about it anymore.
Re: Tension Grips Prestigious 1004 Estate In Lagos As Resident Go On The Warpath by Angrigowt: 5:45am On Nov 19, 2023
Na around 2002 e dey sweet.no be now. Expired building that smells of onions,stupid Indian foods and useless choke garlic smells.inyama
Re: Tension Grips Prestigious 1004 Estate In Lagos As Resident Go On The Warpath by eepeepook: 1:08pm On Nov 19, 2023
Soon we’ll hear of such in Banana Island.

(1) (Reply)

Woman Narrates How She Survived Violence From The Husband Because Of Her Maid / Wedding Gown Rentals.Zee bridals / Briton, Neil Crampton, Sentenced For Murdering Nigerian Wife & Two Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.