Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,993 members, 7,821,463 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:20 PM

My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. (32878 Views)

"I Can't Suck Catarrh Out Of My Child's Nose". Lady Gets Epic Reply / Reply: My Wife Sent Her Nude Picture To Zenith Bank Manager In Delta / My Sister Is Cheating On Her Husband For Not Supporting Her Financially (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by horpeyemmi66(m): 4:29pm On Nov 18, 2023
Rdd
Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by kestolove95(m): 4:29pm On Nov 18, 2023
Her phone is faulty
Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by Starboytwo(m): 4:30pm On Nov 18, 2023
Stop checking then, check yourself more.

3 Likes

Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by BennyDGreat: 4:30pm On Nov 18, 2023
She may be going through the most challenging period of her life. Pray for her

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by Xhuntra: 4:30pm On Nov 18, 2023
Alot of Americans are in the prison, maybe shes in the prison at the moment

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by ednut1(m): 4:31pm On Nov 18, 2023
She doesn’t want to relate with you or going through a mental health crisis.Move on

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by NOETHNICITY(m): 4:32pm On Nov 18, 2023
Because she knows that na money make you dey call

1 Like

Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by fastseo: 4:32pm On Nov 18, 2023
SIXTEENTH:

No matter your schedule and work almost 24/hr if you're into someone whom you so desires believe me definitely you must create a little time to reached that someone

I think it's Nigeria where u have all the time.

Come here u go understand

5 Likes

Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by aktolly54(m): 4:33pm On Nov 18, 2023
Cooolme:
I have a stepsister living abroad, the daughter of my mom. She's been there since childhood, raised by her father, and has become independent.

Despite the physical distance, she has been supportive, particularly to my mom. Although she occasionally sends money to my mom, it's never quite enough for her.

I share a unique bond with her; we've always been close, even during her visit. The last time she sent me money was during my 100 level when things were tough. However, my focus shifted from financial help to maintaining a connection with her.

Recently, I noticed a change. Since July, she has been snubbing my messages, a puzzling behavior considering I don't seek financial assistance. I've made it a point to check on her regularly, something she mentioned our mom doesn't do. At my level now if she needs money I can even send for her but her recent attitude has totally changed my mind towards her. I'm contemplating blocking her and ending contact, as it seems that's what she wants.

It's a challenging situation, and I'm curious if anyone here has experienced anything similar.
when she is abroad, do you have time to pray for her regularly? It's not easy anywhere and challenges can happen to anyone anywhere in the world. Give her space and with time she will reply you. Always pray for her as well
Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by sexiestharam(f): 4:34pm On Nov 18, 2023
She is not your step sister. She is your half sister. Your step sister has no blood connection with you.

10 Likes

Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by LordReed(m): 4:34pm On Nov 18, 2023
Cooolme:
I have a stepsister living abroad, the daughter of my mom. She's been there since childhood, raised by her father, and has become independent.

Despite the physical distance, she has been supportive, particularly to my mom. Although she occasionally sends money to my mom, it's never quite enough for her.

I share a unique bond with her; we've always been close, even during her visit. The last time she sent me money was during my 100 level when things were tough. However, my focus shifted from financial help to maintaining a connection with her.

Recently, I noticed a change. Since July, she has been snubbing my messages, a puzzling behavior considering I don't seek financial assistance. I've made it a point to check on her regularly, something she mentioned our mom doesn't do. At my level now if she needs money I can even send for her but her recent attitude has totally changed my mind towards her. I'm contemplating blocking her and ending contact, as it seems that's what she wants.

It's a challenging situation, and I'm curious if anyone here has experienced anything similar.

Are you sure you aren't just reading meaning not intended? Also she might be going through stuff that she is unwilling to share but is causing her a lot of stress,be patient and still check in on her from time to time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by aestake: 4:35pm On Nov 18, 2023
aktolly54:
when she is abroad, do you have time to pray for her regularly? It's not easy anywhere and challenges can happen to anyone anywhere in the world. Give her space and with time she will reply you. Always pray for her as well
pray pray...still na sins full everywhere.
Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by royalfly(m): 4:36pm On Nov 18, 2023
[quote author=Cooolme post=127033616]I have a stepsister living abroad, the daughter of my mom. She's been there since childhood, raised by her father, and has become independent.

It's a challenging situation, and I'm curious if anyone here has experienced anything similar.[/quote

Hahaha haha.. our problems too much here and e nor easy for them there.. we pray for good times. Alot has happened this period even though we are keeping quiet. U seem genuine, don't give up on her if u love her. She is ur sister u know. She maybe going through something and confused but don't push her too much give her space but from time to time check up on her, she will turn up soon. I sense ur genuinty and that's rare. Stay blessed.

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by vikstandon(m): 4:38pm On Nov 18, 2023
Cooolme:

Don't be fast, you don't know what she is going through.

My twin brother is abroad... But we don't talk often.

E no easy abroad... Know that and have peace.
Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by ElSudani: 4:38pm On Nov 18, 2023
Where's your concern for her well-being? I doubt nairaland is the appropriate place to find out what is going on with your sister. Call once in a while to find out how she's doing not only when you need money.
Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by Inspirer1: 4:39pm On Nov 18, 2023
DesChyko:
You probably don't know what's up with her. Just give her the space she needs. It's not easy for any of our young people that goes out there.
Many people fail to realise this point you raised.

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by Available9: 4:40pm On Nov 18, 2023
Cooolme:

Give her time..she is going through alot...once in a while, send her motivational messages
Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by Appletek: 4:41pm On Nov 18, 2023
She fit don dey Panya dey wear orange jumpsuit

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by Qatar2022: 4:41pm On Nov 18, 2023
Cooolme:

Let her be for now but if it bothers you delete her number and social media
Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by freeman67: 4:42pm On Nov 18, 2023
Cooolme:

First of all, are you sure she is okay health-wise ( Both physically and mentally) and all other wise? Do you have any other ways of checking on her or her activities to see if she has actually been active and well? If yes did you use those channels?

If the questions above are yes, then talk to your mum to be sure if she hasn't done anything that made her want to abandon everyone. If pray she tells you if there anything like that.

Finally, if you are tired of not being responded, you can just pause the communication but do not close the channels or links for her to reach you.

1 Like

Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by WINDSOW(m): 4:43pm On Nov 18, 2023
Cooolme:

Una want use billing kill her naaa.
The gravest mistake is to bill your relatives residing abroad. Omo, Dem go fashi perhaps for life.

1 Like

Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by bdon123(m): 4:43pm On Nov 18, 2023
Cooolme:

Do u understand she has a life there fat away frm u n might be coping wit something else.a hrt break or anything?let her be
Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by tophumble(m): 4:43pm On Nov 18, 2023
She might be somehow busy in recent times.

Don't block her as u can't say what she is passing through.
Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by Cooolme: 4:44pm On Nov 18, 2023
id911:
She knows quite well your constant checking up on her is all about money or needing assistance even though u dey pretend. However, she might be going through some issues at the moment so stop the constant messages for now and let her breath. She'll certainly respond to you whenever she's ok to do so.
Seems you're not ohk, what concerns this post with billing?
Make una try dey read.

1 Like

Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by Cooolme: 4:44pm On Nov 18, 2023
bdon123:

Do u understand she has a life there fat away frm u n might be coping wit something else.a hrt break or anything?let her be
That will make her ignore messages since August?
Seems you have your own problems too, go face them.

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by joebeckz(m): 4:47pm On Nov 18, 2023
SIXTEENTH:

No matter your schedule and work almost 24/hr if you're into someone whom you so desires believe me definitely you must create a little time to reached that someone

This one wey i de see so much desire and pain.

You don fall in love with your step sis ni? grin grin grin

Don't mind me jareh.
Let her be.
Don't stress too much.
Face your work.
When she ready. She go communicate.
Make she no be your problem at all.

1 Like

Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by phorget(m): 4:47pm On Nov 18, 2023
Otilo!
Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by id911(m): 4:48pm On Nov 18, 2023
Cooolme:

Seems you're not ohk, what concerns this post with billing?
Make una try dey read.
It's like you're insane. If you didn't want contrary opinion, you shouldn't have brought it here.

1 Like

Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by Blacktruth: 4:48pm On Nov 18, 2023
U don finish am with billings, na joke i dey oOoo
Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by UnknownT: 4:49pm On Nov 18, 2023
Which candidate did you support during the last election? If it was BAT, did you post it on your status during that period? if yes, there lies your answer grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

‘you Are Not Good In Bed’. . . Hubby’s Mistress Tells Pregnant Woman / "My Friend Begs My Husband To Return Her Panties" - Wife Tells Court / Please Help! My Grandmother Is Missing.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.