Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,073 members, 7,821,686 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:51 PM

My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. (32880 Views)

"I Can't Suck Catarrh Out Of My Child's Nose". Lady Gets Epic Reply / Reply: My Wife Sent Her Nude Picture To Zenith Bank Manager In Delta / My Sister Is Cheating On Her Husband For Not Supporting Her Financially (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by aktolly54(m): 4:49pm On Nov 18, 2023
aestake:

pray pray...still na sins full everywhere.
everyone is sinner, even pastor na sinner because sometimes they make mistake and they go tell you they are human like you just that anointing make them different from us. God go forgive us. But if some things are done then sin go reduce. For example olosho, yahoo, thief , arm robber.

If pastor just announced that all yahoo boy or olosho to see him during the week that he will empower them and give them job but they go swear never to near Yahoo thih or do olosho again, most go repent and turn their way to lord.

But poverty is the root of evil sometimes I won't lie to you.
Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by Emaprince: 4:50pm On Nov 18, 2023
Paid post.

Fake story
Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by thatigboman: 4:50pm On Nov 18, 2023
That's ur half-sister, not step-sister
Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by uuzba(m): 4:51pm On Nov 18, 2023
Her money has finished.
Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by mukthar2000(m): 4:51pm On Nov 18, 2023
I am experiencing similar experience presently as well , even our grandma that Bread her up was sidelined as well from the allowance she always sent to grandma.

Op give her change for her, they are also facing present economy hardship, that is why I advice most peoples if any of ur families or siblings travel abroad don't relent on him or her as a source of success in ur family , behavior can change any moment once they mingled with some friends in diaspora. Buckle ur belt and double ur hustling forget about the person till when his or are scenes is back to normal.
Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by Father4all: 4:51pm On Nov 18, 2023
Abroad people have different mentality. Leave her alone. She will contact you if she needs you
Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by Biola67: 4:52pm On Nov 18, 2023
You said you now have more than enough to even send her. Dem no like who dem no Dey feed.. you gerrit?

1 Like

Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by Gandrova: 4:52pm On Nov 18, 2023
When you are expecting the best, prepare for the worst.
Move on.
Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by Caseywilliams(m): 4:54pm On Nov 18, 2023
Que sera sera...block her asap then unblock after some time....if she stil neva change do more than the initial.
Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by fadaroking: 4:56pm On Nov 18, 2023
You don carry billing finish am hence the silence.
Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by Cooolme: 4:56pm On Nov 18, 2023
Appletek:
She fit don dey Panya dey wear orange jumpsuit
Mumu read the post, someone that speaks often with my Mom?

1 Like

Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by toprealman: 4:57pm On Nov 18, 2023
Cooolme:
I have a stepsister living abroad, the daughter of my mom. She's been there since childhood, raised by her father, and has become independent.

Despite the physical distance, she has been supportive, particularly to my mom. Although she occasionally sends money to my mom, it's never quite enough for her.

I share a unique bond with her; we've always been close, even during her visit. The last time she sent me money was during my 100 level when things were tough. However, my focus shifted from financial help to maintaining a connection with her.

Recently, I noticed a change. Since July, she has been snubbing my messages, a puzzling behavior considering I don't seek financial assistance. I've made it a point to check on her regularly, something she mentioned our mom doesn't do. At my level now if she needs money I can even send for her but her recent attitude has totally changed my mind towards her. I'm contemplating blocking her and ending contact, as it seems that's what she wants.

It's a challenging situation, and I'm curious if anyone here has experienced anything similar.
People need space. Give her that gift of separation until she fills the need to reach out. Yo
Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by Cooolme: 4:57pm On Nov 18, 2023
Emaprince:
Paid post.

Fake story
Not everyone living a fake life you mf
Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by Okwyjesus(m): 4:58pm On Nov 18, 2023
Cooolme:
I have a stepsister living abroad, the daughter of my mom. She's been there since childhood, raised by her father, and has become independent.

Despite the physical distance, she has been supportive, particularly to my mom. Although she occasionally sends money to my mom, it's never quite enough for her.

I share a unique bond with her; we've always been close, even during her visit. The last time she sent me money was during my 100 level when things were tough. However, my focus shifted from financial help to maintaining a connection with her.

Recently, I noticed a change. Since July, she has been snubbing my messages, a puzzling behavior considering I don't seek financial assistance. I've made it a point to check on her regularly, something she mentioned our mom doesn't do. At my level now if she needs money I can even send for her but her recent attitude has totally changed my mind towards her. I'm contemplating blocking her and ending contact, as it seems that's what she wants.

It's a challenging situation, and I'm curious if anyone here has experienced anything similar.

You guys may be burden to her. Rest and give her break
Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by Cooolme: 4:59pm On Nov 18, 2023
UnknownT:
Which candidate did you support during the last election? If it was BAT, did you post it on your status during that period? if yes, there lies your answer grin
Lol check my topics from here self you'll know who I supported.
Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by toxtimmy: 5:00pm On Nov 18, 2023
Wrong.... Do you know her load?... Do you even know her mental state? Do you know if she is in a shelter? Do you know if she is working 2 or 3 jobs? Do you know if she is ill? Do you know anything outside who you don't know?

Anyways,if I were him I would think if what she lives in Nigeria, get it and send to her... If she likes a specific Nigeria brand item, get it and se d to her with a nite of well wishes a s good health... Tell her you are always there for her anytime to talk.

I know a case of an unhappy marriage and bad relationship when break woman for overseas down... Too ashamed to talk to people cause she felt like a failure

[0lpquote author=SIXTEENTH post=127033933]

No matter your schedule and work almost 24/hr if you're into someone whom you so desires believe me definitely you must create a little time to reached that someone[/quote]
Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by CoronaVirusPro: 5:00pm On Nov 18, 2023
Cooolme:

O you have an idea what she is going through at the moment?

You think people abroad don’t have problems shey?

Let her be please!
Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by Templee333(m): 5:00pm On Nov 18, 2023
aktolly54:
everyone is sinner, even pastor na sinner because sometimes they make mistake and they go tell you they are human like you just that anointing make them different from us. God go forgive us. But if some things are done then sin go reduce. For example olosho, yahoo, thief , arm robber.

If pastor just announced that all yahoo boy or olosho to see him during the week that he will empower them and give them job but they go swear never to near Yahoo thih or do olosho again, most go repent and turn their way to lord.

But poverty is the root of evil sometimes I won't lie to you.

poverty is a state of mind. No living thing is poor.
Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by Cooolme: 5:01pm On Nov 18, 2023
Okwyjesus:

You guys may be burden to her. Rest and give her break
Burden?
Financial burden you mean?
Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by Triplerg: 5:01pm On Nov 18, 2023
Have you talked to her about it? If your answer to this question is yes, then give her some space. If not, then talk to her about her recent change in attitude. You will know what to do from there.

1 Like

Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by thatigboman: 5:02pm On Nov 18, 2023
sexiestharam:
She is not your step sister. She is your half sister. Your step sister has no blood connection with you.
exactly. I pointed out same to him. How can your mum's daughter be your stepsister?

1 Like

Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by Swiftgrp: 5:04pm On Nov 18, 2023
Cooolme:

She could be busy with financial pressures or going through some emotional challenges and wants some space like a lot of folks do from time to time.

Get you mother to contact her directly to know if your half-sibling is safe. She wouldn't ignore your mother. Once it is confirmed that your sister is safe, then let your mother inform your sister about how important it is to keep the line of communication open between you and your sibling over video calls or emails.

Then just simply lay back and let things flow normally while building your own career path like you've started doing. She'll come around eventually.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by FireUpNow(m): 5:04pm On Nov 18, 2023
How long has she been there? Do you know if she is having some issues? Be patient.
Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by israelmao(m): 5:05pm On Nov 18, 2023
Familiarity sometimes breeds contempt you need to give some desired breathing space for you to earn desired respect from some people sometimes.
Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by Cooolme: 5:06pm On Nov 18, 2023
sexiestharam:
She is not your step sister. She is your half sister. Your step sister has no blood connection with you.
Omor, it's a mistake but I still take her like my sister cos we grew together and she's done a lot for us.

1 Like

Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by Uruanguy(m): 5:06pm On Nov 18, 2023
SIXTEENTH:

No matter your schedule and work almost 24/hr if you're into someone whom you so desires believe me definitely you must create a little time to reached that someone

We all say that when you get here you will forget even your mum. Talking from experience those that has been bragging when reality sets in it will humble you. You’re feeling entitled reaching out to you consistently should be a priority. You have nothing valuable to discuss with her, you just want to maintain communication so that you can keep asking for help forgetting that everyone needs help too. When you work from 4am-12:30pm and start another work 1pm-10pm and getting home by 11pm , you look for what to eat and have shower it 12midnight, and you have to be up by 3am to catch up a ride to be at work by 4am. you will understand.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by Cooolme: 5:07pm On Nov 18, 2023
Swiftgrp:

She could be busy with financial pressures or going through some emotional challenges and wants some space like a lot of folks do from time to time.

Get you mother to contact her directly to know if your step-sister is safe. She wouldn't ignore your mother. Once it is confirmed that your sister is safe, then let your mother inform your sister about how important it is to keep the line of communication open between you sisters over video calls or emails.

Then just simply lay back and let things flow normally while building your own career path like you've started doing. She'll come around eventually.

Thank you so much, literally the best response I seem to have come across.
Appreciate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by biggie73(m): 5:08pm On Nov 18, 2023
That's not your stepsister. She is your half sister. You don't have to block her. Just pray for her, while you give her space.

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by doneback04: 5:08pm On Nov 18, 2023
Cooolme:

Someone doesn't send you reciprocate the same no go killed yourself ooo
Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by olamilarks(m): 5:09pm On Nov 18, 2023
Cooolme ti fi billing pa Omo lomo!

1 Like

Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by Cooolme: 5:09pm On Nov 18, 2023
israelmao:
Familiarity sometimes breeds contempt you need to give some desired breathing space for you to earn desired respect from some people sometimes.
I understand your point but there's no way anyone would disrespect the other when communicating once a week.
That was the norm for me and her.
Re: My Sister Abroad Doesn't Reply My Messages Anymore. by theamazonguru(m): 5:11pm On Nov 18, 2023
Cooolme:

I've not experienced such before tbh, I grew up being loved and very bad at this detachment game y'all claim to have (learning tho) but someone you Video call, talk with for hours just stop communicating with you totally when you know you did nothing wrong, it's weird now. In this case it's not a friend or partner rather a very close relative you have a strong bond with.
I have time on my hands though, it's my grumble not yours.

I understand how you feel, I have been there.
I felt the same way, infact I felt so pained seeing that this person reads my messages, appears online, yet stopped responding to me.
This is someone I practically know everything about her, family, work , everything. We would do video calls, audio calls, she would send her pictures unsolicited.
But she suddenly stopped replying me.
I thought of ignoring her but the thought of our good times wouldn't allow me.

Lately I got to know what happened.
She opened up to me. .she and her family are currently going through a lot.
So she decided to go off radar and went low key.

Last week, I sent some scriptures to her to boost her faith. She read it but didn't reply.
Just this morning she called me to thank me so much for those messages, that they meant so much to her.

My dear, don't think this person is doing it on purpose. She might really be going through a turbulent moment and just wanted to keep her space a little.

Respect this, but keep reaching out if you can, else, just step back a little bit too. And keep remembering her in your prayers.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Fiancée Called Off Our Wedding With Four Days To Go / ‘you Are Not Good In Bed’. . . Hubby’s Mistress Tells Pregnant Woman / "My Friend Begs My Husband To Return Her Panties" - Wife Tells Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.