Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,594 members, 7,823,582 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

Doctors, Is It True? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Doctors, Is It True? (375 Views)

Is It True The Forbidden Fruit In The Garden Was Sex? (Photo) / Is It True That Dead Bodies Wake Up At Night In Mortuary? / Is It True That Some Pastors Fornicate With Their Members? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Doctors, Is It True? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:35pm On Nov 18, 2023
Doctors/Nurses as shown in the movies, is it true that fatally wounded and bleeding persons should not be allowed to sleep else they die?
Re: Doctors, Is It True? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:38pm On Nov 18, 2023
Michael547:

Good.....so what happens to the soul at the sleeping period?

It's sleeping.

That is why lots of people die through and by sleeping.

And that is why doctors in movies say "don't sleep" to wounded people. (I don't know if true o but it feels true)

That is why evil people don't like sleeping or you see them jump up suddenly when they see that they are sleeping.
Re: Doctors, Is It True? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:21pm On Nov 18, 2023
Re: Doctors, Is It True? by jaephoenix(m): 4:29pm On Nov 18, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

It's sleeping.

That is why lots of people die through and by sleeping.

And that is why doctors in movies say "don't sleep" to wounded people. (I don't know if true o but it feels true)

That is why evil people don't like sleeping or you see them jump up suddenly when they see that they are sleeping.

1. When you say 'fatally wounded' or 'mortally wounded', you've already given the patient his or her own boarding pass, so the sleep is already permanent.
2. If you mean severely wounded, it depends on the wound or injury. During triage, we prioritize a head injury over respiratory, then the later over an abdominal injury, although bleeding big vessels can change the priority. For example, an exsanguinating femoral artery takes precedence over a head injury.
So to your question, if a head injured patient wants to sleep, I would object. Why? So as to ascertain the extent of the head injury. If its an intracerebral
I won't tell a chest injured guy not to sleep. That is if any head injury has been ruled out.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doctors, Is It True? by Dtruthspeaker: 4:38pm On Nov 18, 2023
jaephoenix:

1. When you say 'fatally wounded' or 'mortally wounded', you've already given the patient his or her own boarding pass, so the sleep is already permanent.
2. If you mean severely wounded, it depends on the wound or injury. During triage, we prioritize a head injury over respiratory, then the later over an abdominal injury, although bleeding big vessels can change the priority. For example, an exsanguinating femoral artery takes precedence over a head injury.
So to your question, if a head injured patient wants to sleep, I would object. Why? So as to ascertain the extent of the head injury. If its an intracerebral
I won't tell a chest injured guy not to sleep. That is if any head injury has been ruled out.

Ok I learn the accurate word is severely wounded.

But no. You have not directly answered the question posed which is, is it true what they show in movies when they prevent an injured person from sleeping?
Re: Doctors, Is It True? by jaephoenix(m): 4:42pm On Nov 18, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Ok I learn the accurate word is severely wounded.

But no. You have not directly answered the question posed which is, is it true what they show in movies when they prevent an injured person from sleeping?
The short answer is no. You can't prevent an injured patient from sleeping. What you see in those movies are medically incorrect.
The long answer is what I posted previously

2 Likes

Re: Doctors, Is It True? by missjekyll: 7:46pm On Nov 18, 2023
Keeping headinjured patients from sleeping....hasnt that been disproved? You would probably already be doing a craniectomy if it was serious. I would have thought you let them sleep but check neurological signs including pupils every 2 hours?
jaephoenix:

1 Like

Re: Doctors, Is It True? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:20am On Nov 19, 2023
jaephoenix:

The short answer is no. You can't prevent an injured patient from sleeping. What you see in those movies are medically incorrect.
The long answer is what I posted previously

Ok you are getting near the answer.

Based on your answer i can see that the accurate question I am trying to ascertain is should doctors/medical agents in the field prevent a severely injured patient from sleeping as is shown in the movies?

Like that girl that bled to death, https://www.nairaland.com/7903915/girl-mistakenly-kills-friend-fight#126850367

if they had kept her conscious while rushing her to the hospital would as they show in movies, would this had prevented her death?
Re: Doctors, Is It True? by jaephoenix(m): 1:48am On Nov 20, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Ok you are getting near the answer.

Based on your answer i can see that the accurate question I am trying to ascertain is should doctors/medical agents in the field prevent a severely injured patient from sleeping as is shown in the movies?

Like that girl that bled to death, https://www.nairaland.com/7903915/girl-mistakenly-kills-friend-fight#126850367

if they had kept her conscious while rushing her to the hospital would as they show in movies, would this had prevented her death?

I remember watching that video after a friend sent it to me on Whatsapp. Below was my response in the screenshots.
That was a needless death. She exsanguinated in minutes. The aim is to stop her from bleeding out. Just apply a tourniquet and elevate the hand, thus less blood loss and stopping her from having a hemorrhagic shock. Keeping her awake is of no relevance. Direct the energy in stemming the hemorrhage. When irreversible shock sets in, no amount of trying to keep her awake would help

Re: Doctors, Is It True? by jaephoenix(m): 1:54am On Nov 20, 2023
missjekyll:
Keeping headinjured patients from sleeping....hasnt that been disproved? You would probably already be doing a craniectomy if it was serious. I would have thought you let them sleep but check neurological signs including pupils every 2 hours?
Yeah, the key in management of head injured folks(before a definite management) is monitoring. The pupillary response, GCS, blood pressure and pulse would give pointers to any raised ICP. How many centers dey do craniectomy or craniotomy. Na exploratory borehole dem dey manage do. Just manage conservatively with osmotic diuretics like mannitol and frusemide, and keep your fingers crossed.
Keeping the patient awake is as useful as the P in psycho.
Re: Doctors, Is It True? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:11pm On Nov 20, 2023
jaephoenix:

I remember watching that video after a friend sent it to me on Whatsapp. Below was my response in the screenshots.
That was a needless death. She exsanguinated in minutes. The aim is to stop her from bleeding out. Just apply a tourniquet and elevate the hand, thus less blood loss and stopping her from having a hemorrhagic shock. Keeping her awake is of no relevance. Direct the energy in stemming the hemorrhage. When irreversible shock sets in, no amount of trying to keep her awake would help

Ok.

But in the movies, even though they stem the blood loss, they insist on keeping the injured awake, is this to prevent shock? (And this is the focus of my interest.)

Aside! Those people present at the scene are as guilty as the killer for her death.
Re: Doctors, Is It True? by jaephoenix(m): 6:01pm On Nov 20, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Ok.

But in the movies, even though they stem the blood loss, they insist on keeping the injured awake, is this to prevent shock? (And this is the focus of my interest.)

Aside! Those people present at the scene are as guilty as the killer for her death.
Prevent the patient from bleeding out. Simple. If I suspect any head injury, then I may prevent the patient from sleeping
Re: Doctors, Is It True? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:10pm On Nov 20, 2023
jaephoenix:

Prevent the patient from bleeding out. Simple. If I suspect any head injury, then I may prevent the patient from sleeping

Answer the question, leave your head injury diagnosis. The injury in view in the movies are never in the head.

Your refusal to answer this question tells me that the movies might be right as I suspect.
Re: Doctors, Is It True? by jaephoenix(m): 5:04pm On Nov 21, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Answer the question, leave your head injury diagnosis. The injury in view in the movies are never in the head.

Your refusal to answer this question tells me that the movies might be right as I suspect.
I'm not responsible for your poor comprehension skills.
If someone is bleeding and you have arrested the hemorrhage and ruled out head injury, then the patient can sleep. Full stop. Is this too difficult for somebody that calls himself a lawyer to understand?
If the injury is elsewhere, say a broken wrist, of course the patient can sleep.
See go back to kindergarten and learn basic comprehension skills

2 Likes

Re: Doctors, Is It True? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:27pm On Nov 21, 2023
jaephoenix:

I'm not responsible for your poor comprehension skills.
If someone is bleeding and you have arrested the hemorrhage and ruled out head injury, then the patient can sleep. Full stop. Is this too difficult for somebody that calls himself a lawyer to understand?
If the injury is elsewhere, say a broken wrist, of course the patient can sleep.
See go back to kindergarten and learn basic comprehension skills

Surely, you are a mad doctor for clearly not all injuries are head injuries e.g. like a person with gsw in the abdomen or legs as commonly shown in movies.

And I have been emphasizing "in the movies" yet you are not able to grasp it.

Surely, you are doctor on drugs else you would have known that not all injuries are head injuries.
Re: Doctors, Is It True? by jaephoenix(m): 5:30pm On Nov 22, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Surely, you are a mad doctor for clearly not all injuries are head injuries e.g. like a person with gsw in the abdomen or legs as commonly shown in movies.

And I have been emphasizing "in the movies" yet you are not able to grasp it.

Surely, you are doctor on drugs else you would have known that not all injuries are head injuries.

Did you read in my previous posts where I stated that if its not a head injury, the patient can sleep?
This excerpt is from my old post
If you mean severely wounded, it depends on the wound or injury. During triage, we prioritize a head injury over respiratory, then the later over an abdominal injury, although bleeding big vessels can change the priority. For example, an exsanguinating femoral artery takes precedence over a head injury.

Despite claiming to be a lawyer, you have severe handicap in English comprehension which has been evidenced time and again.
Do you practice with Yoruba?
Re: Doctors, Is It True? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:54pm On Nov 22, 2023
jaephoenix:

Did you read in my previous posts where I stated that if its not a head injury, the patient can sleep?
This excerpt is from my old post
If you mean severely wounded, it depends on the wound or injury. During triage, we prioritize a head injury over respiratory, then the later over an abdominal injury, although bleeding big vessels can change the priority. For example, an exsanguinating femoral artery takes precedence over a head injury.

Despite claiming to be a lawyer, you have severe handicap in English comprehension which has been evidenced time and again.
Do you practice with Yoruba?

If you could comprehend English doctor, you would have seen that you that you did not answer the question because the question is not whether you doctor craze would let your patient sleep but that whether what they show in the movies is a Lie or not.

Which you have been going up and down talking about other things but failed to directly answer the question.

(1) (Reply)

God Is Love / What Will You Do With Unwanted Christmas Presents? / Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.