Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,769 members, 7,831,473 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:17 PM

FG Begins Payment Of N585 Million Fine For Release Of 4,000 Inmates Nationwide - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Begins Payment Of N585 Million Fine For Release Of 4,000 Inmates Nationwide (20115 Views)

N585 Million Fraud: Tinubu Will Take Final Decision - APC Governors / N585.2 Million Payment: The Questions Minister Beta Edu Must Answer / FG Begins Payment Of N30,000 Grants To Artisans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Begins Payment Of N585 Million Fine For Release Of 4,000 Inmates Nationwide by bassdow: 5:59pm On Nov 18, 2023
FG dey pay FINE to FG

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Begins Payment Of N585 Million Fine For Release Of 4,000 Inmates Nationwide by Chinjo2: 5:59pm On Nov 18, 2023
FG borrows money to pay fines for inmates, the fines will be looted by same FG.
What a country we are in.

Why not just grant them state pardon?

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Payment Of N585 Million Fine For Release Of 4,000 Inmates Nationwide by goodnessme1(f): 6:00pm On Nov 18, 2023
Paying yourself.

Keep deceiving unaselve

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Payment Of N585 Million Fine For Release Of 4,000 Inmates Nationwide by Brushstrokes20: 6:01pm On Nov 18, 2023
Mtcheeeew 👀👀# usual bullocks.... 😒
Useless govt paying it's useless self undecided
NONSENSE like this should be strictly restricted to the JOKES 😁🤣😂
Pathetic bunch of dumb as Fvck comedians 💯
Re: FG Begins Payment Of N585 Million Fine For Release Of 4,000 Inmates Nationwide by rickleye: 6:02pm On Nov 18, 2023
I like this dude .
For those of you who don’t understand.
People who cannot afford bail for a variety of offences are jailed. Some of the offence could be pay 1m or rot in jail for 6 months.

For instance you ( yes you reading this ) owe my 1m . I take you to court and judge says judgement to me . You don’t have the money . Judge says you’ll be reminded to jail till you pay the money . It is such cases.

3 Likes

Re: FG Begins Payment Of N585 Million Fine For Release Of 4,000 Inmates Nationwide by FamTomx2(m): 6:02pm On Nov 18, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
This is like a Christmas gift to these indigent people.

I commend the Federal Government, the Minister of Interior, the corporate organisations and philanthropists who pooled resources to help this category of Nigerians. May God bless everyone of them.

I hope the beneficiarie will change from their old ways, learn to obey the law and not be misled against the law again. The ministry of social welfare can keep tab on them and those who stay law abiding be rewarded with the social cash transfer until they put their lives back together within the next 2 years.

Thank you President Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu for your heart of gold for the indigent and suffering Nigerians. Thank you for assembling this great team of competent and patriotic Nigerians. We will not stop praying for you and your team. God bless Nigeria for ever! Check my signature for free stuffs!

Certified Zone Bee 😁😁😁

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Begins Payment Of N585 Million Fine For Release Of 4,000 Inmates Nationwide by bitbillionaire: 6:04pm On Nov 18, 2023
oluwaseyi0:
Fine paid to who?
It's just like 'god' claiming he sacrifice Jesus to himself for our sins

Oga release them on compassionate ground since the money still goes back to FG albeit with 50% missing due to corruption

I completely agree with you on the second paragraph. You are on point there but that your first paragraph is unnecessary and somehow blasphemous.

2 Likes

Re: FG Begins Payment Of N585 Million Fine For Release Of 4,000 Inmates Nationwide by MasterTeeUSA: 6:06pm On Nov 18, 2023
Poor initiative...post the list, the amount and regular Nigerians would cover the fines. Someone might pick the person with N20k fine..another will pick the one for N50k fine ...even churches and mosques would have joined in instead of using state resources that could have been used to create training center or given to businesses to retrain them.

FreeStuffsNG:

https://nairametrics.com/2023/11/18/fg-begins-payment-of-n585-million-fine-for-release-of-4000-inmates-nationwide/

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Payment Of N585 Million Fine For Release Of 4,000 Inmates Nationwide by sonofElElyon: 6:08pm On Nov 18, 2023
oluwaseyi0:
Fine paid to who?

Oga release them on compassionate ground since the money still goes back to FG albeit with 50% missing due to corruption

Analogy bereft of relevance and logic

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Payment Of N585 Million Fine For Release Of 4,000 Inmates Nationwide by sanya4good(m): 6:09pm On Nov 18, 2023
FG making to FG
Re: FG Begins Payment Of N585 Million Fine For Release Of 4,000 Inmates Nationwide by peterboro: 6:09pm On Nov 18, 2023
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Paying the money to who?

A JOKE! CALLED A COUNTRY...
Re: FG Begins Payment Of N585 Million Fine For Release Of 4,000 Inmates Nationwide by ceejay80s(m): 6:09pm On Nov 18, 2023
U release armed robbers and criminals to us and still steal our money, these people think say we be ode
Re: FG Begins Payment Of N585 Million Fine For Release Of 4,000 Inmates Nationwide by Larryndelaw: 6:10pm On Nov 18, 2023
oluwaseyi0:
Fine paid to who?

Dumb and Dumb.
Re: FG Begins Payment Of N585 Million Fine For Release Of 4,000 Inmates Nationwide by Kemadealadire(f): 6:10pm On Nov 18, 2023
Naija! What a joke.
Re: FG Begins Payment Of N585 Million Fine For Release Of 4,000 Inmates Nationwide by webincomeplus(m): 6:12pm On Nov 18, 2023
oluwaseyi0:
Fine paid to who?

Did you just say 50%. 1% will not be accounted for.
Re: FG Begins Payment Of N585 Million Fine For Release Of 4,000 Inmates Nationwide by CJStarz: 6:12pm On Nov 18, 2023
Ha, Tinubu don dey impress me o. D other day,na rice importation,make food bokwu for market,this one,na d release of indigent inmates.
Hmmm, I just dey watch this man with one eye. My mind don dey change small but....
E be like say small small,he go reduce the TINIBULATION wey we dey pass through now
Make I jus dey watch shaa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Begins Payment Of N585 Million Fine For Release Of 4,000 Inmates Nationwide by webincomeplus(m): 6:13pm On Nov 18, 2023
ceejay80s:
U release armed robbers and criminals to us and still steal our money, these people think say we be ode
No, the beneficiaries are those with minor offences who were fined certain amounts but were unable to pay.

It is the fines that the government wants to "pay" on their behalf.
Re: FG Begins Payment Of N585 Million Fine For Release Of 4,000 Inmates Nationwide by FreeStuffsNG: 6:13pm On Nov 18, 2023
MasterTeeUSA:
Poor initiative...post the list, the amount and regular Nigerians would cover the fines. Someone might pick the person with N20k fine..another will pick the one for N50k fine ...even churches and mosques would have joined in instead of using state resources that could have been used to create training center or given to businesses to retrain them.

Smh. Do you think it's airtime recharge cards you are paying for? There are laws and procedures for each of the steps, security clearances application involved and the consent of the courts and beneficiaries must be obtained and kept confidential.

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Payment Of N585 Million Fine For Release Of 4,000 Inmates Nationwide by damble: 6:15pm On Nov 18, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
This is like a Christmas gift to these indigent people.

I commend the Federal Government, the Minister of Interior, the corporate organisations and philanthropists who pooled resources to help this category of Nigerians. May God bless everyone of them.

I hope the beneficiarie will change from their old ways, learn to obey the law and not be misled against the law again. The ministry of social welfare can keep tab on them and those who stay law abiding be rewarded with the social cash transfer until they put their lives back together within the next 2 years.

Thank you President Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu for your heart of gold for the indigent and suffering Nigerians. Thank you for assembling this great team of competent and patriotic Nigerians. We will not stop praying for you and your team. God bless Nigeria for ever! Check my signature for free stuffs!

Thank God you are still under your guidance feeding you and not tired of you yet
Re: FG Begins Payment Of N585 Million Fine For Release Of 4,000 Inmates Nationwide by Haveyoueatentod: 6:16pm On Nov 18, 2023
Fg dey pay fg grin
Re: FG Begins Payment Of N585 Million Fine For Release Of 4,000 Inmates Nationwide by Father4all: 6:22pm On Nov 18, 2023
Useless Government, they blame Goodluck Jonathan, but now they are doing worst
Re: FG Begins Payment Of N585 Million Fine For Release Of 4,000 Inmates Nationwide by creativehubb: 6:22pm On Nov 18, 2023
Our prison needs decongestion though. But please stop releasing terrorists and bandits.

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Payment Of N585 Million Fine For Release Of 4,000 Inmates Nationwide by mariovito(m): 6:25pm On Nov 18, 2023
Who is the FG paying the money to?
Re: FG Begins Payment Of N585 Million Fine For Release Of 4,000 Inmates Nationwide by omoredia: 6:29pm On Nov 18, 2023
Another 4000 agbadorians that will be hanging around shoprite begging for what to eat
Re: FG Begins Payment Of N585 Million Fine For Release Of 4,000 Inmates Nationwide by Xpol: 6:30pm On Nov 18, 2023
EdiskyHarry:
Hope murderers, kidnappers and arm robbers are not among
dem no dey give those set of criminals option of fine na.

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Payment Of N585 Million Fine For Release Of 4,000 Inmates Nationwide by EmmyMaestro(m): 6:32pm On Nov 18, 2023
This one they are starting with kuje prison, hope they will not go and release Emefele

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Payment Of N585 Million Fine For Release Of 4,000 Inmates Nationwide by chukseric504869: 6:33pm On Nov 18, 2023
The most active minister, very creative

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Payment Of N585 Million Fine For Release Of 4,000 Inmates Nationwide by tabaralph: 6:33pm On Nov 18, 2023
oluwaseyi0:
Fine paid to who?

This really makes sense but the corruption won’t allow them reason well

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Payment Of N585 Million Fine For Release Of 4,000 Inmates Nationwide by BreconHills(m): 6:34pm On Nov 18, 2023
EMXTAN1:
And the money goes where?
Back to the government..
I'm saying two things at a time sha.. Well,
What do I know?

It goes from Federal account to MoI ( correctional services) They cannot be released free of charge because you would need thousands of court applications and orders to do that. There are court orders that have placed these people in prison. You can't just pretend that the orders don't exist and tell them to go.

A lot of people think that corporate and government accounts are like personal accounts.

1 Like

Re: FG Begins Payment Of N585 Million Fine For Release Of 4,000 Inmates Nationwide by mastermaestro(m): 6:50pm On Nov 18, 2023
rickleye:
I like this dude .
For those of you who don’t understand.
People who cannot afford bail for a variety of offences are jailed. Some of the offence could be pay 1m or rot in jail for 6 months.

For instance you ( yes you reading this ) owe my 1m . I take you to court and judge says judgement to me . You don’t have the money . Judge says you’ll be reminded to jail till you pay the money . It is such cases.

It's a commendable gesture. Many people are in prison because of minor fines. An end of year gift to many families.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Shelve Your Planned Nationwide Protest – DSS Warns Organised Labour NLC, TUC / Still On The Lagos-Calabar Rail Line Controversy - Excerpt From Thisdaylive / Fuel Subsidy Removal: A Good Decision Taken Too Late

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.