Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,864 members, 7,817,559 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

Is It Right For Pastors To Confirm The Right Marriage Partner For A Person? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Right For Pastors To Confirm The Right Marriage Partner For A Person? (11999 Views)

Is It Morally Wrong For Pastors To Drink Alcohol? / Prophet Joshua Iginla Exposes Plans By Pastors To Frame Him Up For Murder / 21 Powerful Prayer Points To Connect To The Right Marriage Partner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right For Pastors To Confirm The Right Marriage Partner For A Person? by lumi8701(m): 12:29pm On Nov 19, 2023
That how I loose a girl back then her pastor said we are not compatible and she left lol tho she's still single now and am married with kids.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For Pastors To Confirm The Right Marriage Partner For A Person? by Menclothing: 12:30pm On Nov 19, 2023
Pastor confirmed for some girls and Dey are chopping Beating steady
Confirm urself it’s your life your marriage
Re: Is It Right For Pastors To Confirm The Right Marriage Partner For A Person? by Originalsly: 12:33pm On Nov 19, 2023
Any role a pastor should play is to give counseling... his hands shouldn't be nowhere near decision making ... after all ... "he who findeth a wife findeth a good thing". Anyone who allows a pastor to decide who should be his wife is not ready for marriage.
Re: Is It Right For Pastors To Confirm The Right Marriage Partner For A Person? by Bahamas95(m): 12:56pm On Nov 19, 2023
I will NEVER marry a woman who's so fond of her pastor, those kinda women are terrible. They're more dangerous than viper.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For Pastors To Confirm The Right Marriage Partner For A Person? by brainhgeek(m): 1:06pm On Nov 19, 2023
Pastors can give counsel but you are the one to make a decision. You will live in the marriage and not your pastor.
Going to a pastor to ask if someone is the right choice for you is a show of ignorance and spiritual immaturity. The last time that God gave a woman to a man, it ended in blame 'the woman you gave me'. The human nature is to complex. No matter how daring and lovely your spouse is, they still have something you wish they didn't have. They will have a habit you'd wished in not found in them. Since Adam told God 'the woman you gave me', God never match-made anyone else in the Bible, the men who found their wives, found a good thing, but after the finding, not the match-making by God. God has neither told anyone to marry whom they loved, because we grossly misunderstand the concept of love, which is a force that keeps no record of wrong. The only place God is standing uncompromising, is that once you have married your spouse, you must love them.
So, I will like to say, if you must seek the face of God over a matter, go to Him like a son. He can tell you His heart about your decisions but won't decide for you. He doesn't have grand children, you and your pastors are children and have equal access to him. Don't go seeking a prophetic affirmation, which is unbiblical. Even prophets have rocky marriages and some regretablly divorce their wives
Re: Is It Right For Pastors To Confirm The Right Marriage Partner For A Person? by ufotunang: 1:14pm On Nov 19, 2023
It's not right.. even they are many pastors that have issues in the their marriage...quarell , fight, misunderstanding, cheat on each other, secret love relationship with another lover, and divorce In their marriages
Re: Is It Right For Pastors To Confirm The Right Marriage Partner For A Person? by BennyDGreat: 1:23pm On Nov 19, 2023
icedbreez:

You wrote a lot and yet I was hoping you'd never stop cos i was learning a lot.

Problem is this generation would not take the time to read nor will they listen if someone speaks from experience.

What we don't see in this world and yet controls this world is far more than the things we see. Unfortunately we think it's the things we see that controls this world...lol, I laugh.

Marriage is a destiny decision and should never be taken lightly...you need to be properly guided by a prophet, a Pastor or whatever you believe in that sees far beyond the breast and yansh you see or the tall handsome and Mercedes Benz you see.

I'm recently divorced and not feeling inclined to share my story just yet cos I'm still healing (someday I might) and I have the scars to prove you need guidance or else u ll become a mark for some male or female spiritual agents.

A word they say is enough for the wise.

You have spoken well
Re: Is It Right For Pastors To Confirm The Right Marriage Partner For A Person? by Mosba: 2:01pm On Nov 19, 2023
:-Ofcourse if the person is too daft to know what he wants
Re: Is It Right For Pastors To Confirm The Right Marriage Partner For A Person? by VULCAN(m): 2:03pm On Nov 19, 2023
Read the question again and slowly this time.

To what degree is a pastors involvement in choosing a spouse for someone?

You will discover that nothing you said answers the posters question.

So you are one of the "rush to commenters"?

chariisGRACE:
No.

Even God, Himself does not connect potential spouses to each other. The Bible clearly stated it that, "He that finds a wife...".

According to the Bible, marriage should be done between the two families. Your pastor doesn't have anything to do with your marriage.

That means, the White Wedding is just a ceremony. It is not biblical. It is unnecessary.

The only marriage that is biblical is the marriage that involves the bride and groom's family, that one we call "parlour marriage". That is the real thing. The extravagant traditional marriage is just a ceremony, just like the white wedding.
Re: Is It Right For Pastors To Confirm The Right Marriage Partner For A Person? by ednut1(m): 2:08pm On Nov 19, 2023
Okotie, Oyakhilome, iginla are pastors with failed marriages/ divorce . They didn’t see the future but you believe they will see yours ?🤡

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For Pastors To Confirm The Right Marriage Partner For A Person? by Jozilinn: 2:35pm On Nov 19, 2023
No it's not proper and should be highly discouraged as these pastors might be doing it for their own personal gain.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For Pastors To Confirm The Right Marriage Partner For A Person? by LordBillionz: 2:43pm On Nov 19, 2023
Africa my continent grin grin grin. The only people that have a say on my choice of partner are my parents, no other.
Re: Is It Right For Pastors To Confirm The Right Marriage Partner For A Person? by Fiscus105(m): 3:00pm On Nov 19, 2023
VULCAN:
Read the question again and slowly this time.

To what degree is a pastors involvement in choosing a spouse for someone?

You will discover that nothing you said answers the posters question.

So you are one of the "rush to commenters"?

Re: Is It Right For Pastors To Confirm The Right Marriage Partner For A Person? by Gbadespet(m): 3:08pm On Nov 19, 2023
woginid967:

I dont think there is any need to contribute. This generation is already lost.

MANY MISTAKES would have been avoided if and only if you had seers who would inform you ahead of time, so you wont move in blindness

In school we were all taught the wisdom of
LOOKING before LEAPING

But these days, people have dumped such safety protocol in life...

They gain admission to any school they LIKE, they travel abroad to any country that is popular, it is sad how we make destiny decisions based on money, shape, sex, complexion, tribe, etc

No wonder the divorce rates are skyrocketing globally because we have refused to read the MANUAL of HOW LIFE WORKS. We do wuru wuru to the answer and expect everything to work out well las las.... Its madness.

One time i went to find a seer prophet to look into he ladies in my life, and they exposed each of them, the one i thought was spirikoko and holy Mary, was sent to take my sperm into the depths of the ocean, i thought it was a joke, because I believed her churchy fire so much, so I was given psalms to pray and she came to me to confess and begged to leave my life. I couldnt cry i was just laughing in pain like a mad man for months. See you need people who can see what you cant o

In school we copied only those who have proven to get good grades and who understands the Subject better than us but in LIFE we dont do same. We rather copy those who submit first or who seemingly solve the problem temporarily.

Maybe you do not have sense to wish you were born by different parents who had more money or more sense or more grace, than your biological parents..... If only our fathers married with foresight of the FUTURE, many of us would have hit the ground running like Tinubu because nothing would be stopping us. .. there would be money, early exposure to tools and key people we need for destiny, but sadly this is only a fantasy to many of us, we were not born with the proverbial silver spoon 🥄.. because none of our ancestors had ever seen a spoon so the average youth born into Nigeria is already backward by miles in the negative direction and has to grind, labor, toil to even get to zero, ZERO means finishing secondary school or even university,without job or skill or finances to push the skill.

Now you wonder why many of us choose to do PLUS stuff

Because PLUS gets you ahead.

Now to your question, hmmm it is sad 😢 you have no clue of traditional ways of Nigeria in the ancient days... See even in your village they will tell you that major decisions like marriage, child birth, etc they meet the SPIRITUAL MEN to LOOK beyond the physical realm into the FUTURE, time travel by sight.... And check if the future will be good or bad.

And it WORKS.

Now in Christianity it is called prophetic visions.

Two people may look so compatible and perfect but spiritual look into the FUTURE may expose that their compatibility is only good for friendship not marriage.

See we all have that female friend who was so good to us, but the moment we knack her toto wella, the friendship spoilt... Everything went sour. Because it was best for friendship NOTHING MORE.

Also there is always that person we didn't crazily like, until we sex them and get to know them deeper and boom, we just knew we would want to be close to this person for life.

MANY MISTAKES would have been avoided if and only if you had seers who would inform you ahead of time, so you wont move in blindness

Few of us who have seers are super grateful because we can hardly ever go wrong or be caught unawares.

Notwithstanding, many FAKES are there... Pastors who may not be seers, but they want to keep their members so they fake visions and mislead gullible ones, destroying homes and confusing many.

But fakes are the proofs that real exist.... So before getting married pls do Spiritual Check up o. So you wont come and be typing "DEAR JORO..." And be talking plenty stories. I think it is the man who should seek such not the Lady... Because he is the head.
WHAT IS THE POINT OF BEING THE HEAD when you cant see AHEAD

Hope you are clear now.

One time a girl bought sniper to poison me, I met a Pastor who told me to send away every girl i was close to, and specifically the one in my house, i was pained because who i go dey knack.... Anyway I disobeyed, i kept her and increased the knacking... But the prophet sent for me and told me again and prayed over me and that very evening the lady served me a drink laced with SNIPER... I mysteriously rejected it... Hmmm... The girl packed and ran that night and after confessing i saw the sniper carefully hidden where i could never have checked.

See, believe in destiny oh, not every country abroad may work with your star, get guidance on where to travel that will work for you.

Marriage is too spiritual to enter it with ordinary eye

Na simple question dem ask,you go dey type epistle....
You last statement could have been the first then we will save our self from scrolling....thanks
Re: Is It Right For Pastors To Confirm The Right Marriage Partner For A Person? by Chosimba: 3:09pm On Nov 19, 2023
woginid967:

I dont think there is any need to contribute. This generation is already lost.

In school we were all taught the wisdom of
LOOKING before LEAPING

But these days, people have dumped such safety protocol in life...

They gain admission to any school they LIKE, they travel abroad to any country that is popular, it is sad how we make destiny decisions based on money, shape, sex, complexion, tribe, etc

No wonder the divorce rates are skyrocketing globally because we have refused to read the MANUAL of HOW LIFE WORKS. We do wuru wuru to the answer and expect everything to work out well las las.... Its madness.

One time i went to find a seer prophet to look into he ladies in my life, and they exposed each of them, the one i thought was spirikoko and holy Mary, was sent to take my sperm into the depths of the ocean, i thought it was a joke, because I believed her churchy fire so much, so I was given psalms to pray and she came to me to confess and begged to leave my life. I couldnt cry i was just laughing in pain like a mad man for months. See you need people who can see what you cant o

In school we copied only those who have proven to get good grades and who understands the Subject better than us but in LIFE we dont do same. We rather copy those who submit first or who seemingly solve the problem temporarily.

Maybe you do not have sense to wish you were born by different parents who had more money or more sense or more grace, than your biological parents..... If only our fathers married with foresight of the FUTURE, many of us would have hit the ground running like Tinubu because nothing would be stopping us. .. there would be money, early exposure to tools and key people we need for destiny, but sadly this is only a fantasy to many of us, we were not born with the proverbial silver spoon 🥄.. because none of our ancestors had ever seen a spoon so the average youth born into Nigeria is already backward by miles in the negative direction and has to grind, labor, toil to even get to zero, ZERO means finishing secondary school or even university,without job or skill or finances to push the skill.

Now you wonder why many of us choose to do PLUS stuff

Because PLUS gets you ahead.

Now to your question, hmmm it is sad 😢 you have no clue of traditional ways of Nigeria in the ancient days... See even in your village they will tell you that major decisions like marriage, child birth, etc they meet the SPIRITUAL MEN to LOOK beyond the physical realm into the FUTURE, time travel by sight.... And check if the future will be good or bad.

And it WORKS.

Now in Christianity it is called prophetic visions.

Two people may look so compatible and perfect but spiritual look into the FUTURE may expose that their compatibility is only good for friendship not marriage.

See we all have that female friend who was so good to us, but the moment we knack her toto wella, the friendship spoilt... Everything went sour. Because it was best for friendship NOTHING MORE.

Also there is always that person we didn't crazily like, until we sex them and get to know them deeper and boom, we just knew we would want to be close to this person for life.

Few of us who have seers are super grateful because we can hardly ever go wrong or be caught unawares.

Notwithstanding, many FAKES are there... Pastors who may not be seers, but they want to keep their members so they fake visions and mislead gullible ones, destroying homes and confusing many.

But fakes are the proofs that real exist.... So before getting married pls do Spiritual Check up o. So you wont come and be typing "DEAR JORO..." And be talking plenty stories. I think it is the man who should seek such not the Lady... Because he is the head.
WHAT IS THE POINT OF BEING THE HEAD when you cant see AHEAD

Hope you are clear now.

One time a girl bought sniper to poison me, I met a Pastor who told me to send away every girl i was close to, and specifically the one in my house, i was pained because who i go dey knack.... Anyway I disobeyed, i kept her and increased the knacking... But the prophet sent for me and told me again and prayed over me and that very evening the lady served me a drink laced with SNIPER... I mysteriously rejected it... Hmmm... The girl packed and ran that night and after confessing i saw the sniper carefully hidden where i could never have checked.

See, believe in destiny oh, not every country abroad may work with your star, get guidance on where to travel that will work for you.

Marriage is too spiritual to enter it with ordinary eye

Why the seers no fit see wetin go make Nigeria betta?
Re: Is It Right For Pastors To Confirm The Right Marriage Partner For A Person? by Xosh: 3:21pm On Nov 19, 2023
As a man,my pastor does not have that right to dictate whom to marry to me or match make me.
Re: Is It Right For Pastors To Confirm The Right Marriage Partner For A Person? by ValarDoharis: 3:59pm On Nov 19, 2023
F00lish people worship their fake pastors even when they were commanded not to commit idolatry
ebubeson:
You may have seen ladies that will vehemently follow their Pastors instructions and opinion concerning marriage. Some may not choose a partner until confirmed by their Pastor.

To what degree is a pastors involvement in choosing a spouse for someone? A pastor can advise someone on the kind of person he or she should marry, a pastor can caution when he notices dangers and red flags, but a pastor should be very careful in saying whom the exact marriage partner is? A potential marriage about to happen can be destroyed by the false visions or wrong revelations of a pastor. Be careful!

Please kindly contribute.
Re: Is It Right For Pastors To Confirm The Right Marriage Partner For A Person? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Nov 19, 2023
Right for people who have no brain cell to think for themselves.
Re: Is It Right For Pastors To Confirm The Right Marriage Partner For A Person? by SirLakes: 4:53pm On Nov 19, 2023
Fiscus105:

WHENEVER A TEENAGER WRITES YOU QUICKLY IDENTIFY. If u still have father, be endeavour to closer to him to give u life experiences, ......better to learn from ADVISE rather than EXPERIENCE.

......... infact , if the potential father in-law say no, who be him to stop you to marry his daughter by fire by force.

I'm am speaking from my own side as a man, a pastor can't dictate to me what and who to marry, if it's okay with me, my family is cool with it

Bold of you to open mouth like a zombie and call me A TEENAGER

grin una go just open mouth like *****

If you have to seek the opinion of your whole community before you take a wife, that's your business undecided

Can't you see where I wrote if the lady's family isn't dramatic and problematic
Re: Is It Right For Pastors To Confirm The Right Marriage Partner For A Person? by SirLakes: 5:00pm On Nov 19, 2023
lumi8701:
That how I loose a girl back then her pastor said we are not compatible and she left lol tho she's still single now and am married with kids.

Her pastor go marry her as second wife
Re: Is It Right For Pastors To Confirm The Right Marriage Partner For A Person? by holybabayo(m): 5:45pm On Nov 19, 2023
You have to listen to counsel

When you say confirmation what do you really mean. What you don't know you don't know. A pastor takes your names and asked God if this two will make a good couple together. If God says no, he will tell you. If God says yes, he will still tell you. However, if you insist on going ahead, he will join you together.

That is absolutely correct and proper.

The problem people have is they way they interpret it. When a pastor confirms a marriage, people think it means there will be no problem in their homes. So wrong. But it means there is a strong support for each other's weaknesses in that peer.

Try dey pray and walk with a praying pastor.
Re: Is It Right For Pastors To Confirm The Right Marriage Partner For A Person? by enolife2(m): 7:45pm On Nov 19, 2023
Please tell us one person Jesus guided concerning marriage. It is your sole duty to find your wife all by yourself ( Bible say so )
icedbreez:

You wrote a lot and yet I was hoping you'd never stop cos i was learning a lot.

Problem is this generation would not take the time to read nor will they listen if someone speaks from experience.

What we don't see in this world and yet controls this world is far more than the things we see. Unfortunately we think it's the things we see that controls this world...lol, I laugh.

Marriage is a destiny decision and should never be taken lightly...you need to be properly guided by a prophet, a Pastor or whatever you believe in that sees far beyond the breast and yansh you see or the tall handsome and Mercedes Benz you see.

I'm recently divorced and not feeling inclined to share my story just yet cos I'm still healing (someday I might) and I have the scars to prove you need guidance or else u ll become a mark for some male or female spiritual agents.

A word they say is enough for the wise.
Re: Is It Right For Pastors To Confirm The Right Marriage Partner For A Person? by enolife2(m): 7:47pm On Nov 19, 2023
God don't choose wife for any body. Read your Bible
holybabayo:
You have to listen to counsel

When you say confirmation what do you really mean. What you don't know you don't know. A pastor takes your names and asked God if this two will make a good couple together. If God says no, he will tell you. If God says yes, he will still tell you. However, if you insist on going ahead, he will join you together.

That is absolutely correct and proper.

The problem people have is they way they interpret it. When a pastor confirms a marriage, people think it means there will be no problem in their homes. So wrong. But it means there is a strong support for each other's weaknesses in that peer.

Try dey pray and walk with a praying pastor.
Re: Is It Right For Pastors To Confirm The Right Marriage Partner For A Person? by enolife2(m): 7:53pm On Nov 19, 2023
Marriage is family and individual characteristics affair, no pastor have right to choose partner for you or join you in marriage ( Jesus showed example)
Re: Is It Right For Pastors To Confirm The Right Marriage Partner For A Person? by KaptainAfrika: 8:49pm On Nov 19, 2023
Its all fun and games until you bring the babe the Pastor wants to comfort with his ROD and STAFF.
Re: Is It Right For Pastors To Confirm The Right Marriage Partner For A Person? by Dvea(f): 12:30am On Nov 20, 2023
chariisGRACE:
No.

Even God, Himself does not connect potential spouses to each other. The Bible clearly stated it that, "He that finds a wife...".

According to the Bible, marriage should be done between the two families. Your pastor doesn't have anything to do with your marriage.

That means, the White Wedding is just a ceremony. It is not biblical. It is unnecessary.

The only marriage that is biblical is the marriage that involves the bride and groom's family, that one we call "parlour marriage". That is the real thing. The extravagant traditional marriage is just a ceremony, just like the white wedding.

I laugh when I hear people say this. Now, let's turn to the Bible and show you how erroneous your two points are.

First, marriage in the bible was nowhere near parlour marriage. The ancient Jews had a huge ceremony for marriage. First, the betrothal ceremony, which was mostly indoor. Then the wedding ceremony itself was supposed to last seven days with a banquet for each day. Done compulsorily in the bride's house. Then, on the seventh day, the father of the bride gives you his daughter. Modern Jews, that is in Jesus' time, had a little less stressful tradition, and the bridegroom would simply come to pick up his wife at night after the initial 7-day banquet o. That is why at the wedding of Cana they said to the groom, the good wine was usually served first and at the end of the seventh day the anyhow came in. You can see all of the extravagant wedding practices of ancient jews over the course of the old testament with various modifications. Even when Rebecca was coming to marry Isaaic, she came with a whole congregation. That was their culture, weddings were a big deal, it was loud, it was grand, it was a testament to the wealth of both families. There was nothing quiet about Jewish wedding so don't come and say Traditional ceremony is not biblical. It's clearly in the Bible. The wedding Jesus attended clearly said he went to a wedding feast, feast means big event uncle not sitting room business.

Next in the time of Jesus, historically, people consulted the temple priests a lot for so many things. And although there is no concrete evidence, if marriage was such a big deal, then certainly families consulted the priest to use the Urim to seek God's will.

Finally, What kind of Christian says white wedding is ceremonial? It just means you still don't understand the concept of a white wedding. If you believe in Jesus and his blessing, the white wedding is your chance to seek that blessing. Yes, people have gone crazy, but hey, if you want to come to your father's house and be nuts, who has the right to judge you? The Christian wedding was simply a way for Christians to meet and tell Jesus, see o, this is the person I want to marry, come and bless us. The same way you did for the traditional weddings, receiving your family's blessing, Christian wedding was to receive Christ's blessing.

And why is it not in the bible, Well because Christianity was new, all the books of the bible only tell the stories of the early Christendom, So many things happened and were added to help improve Christian life after the bible, it doesn't make them fake, it was simply a part of the growth of Christianity. Marriage is important to God and Christians wanted to be sure that God gave His blessing so the Christian marriage things originated. And why do we believe it's authentic, because the Bible says, what you accept on earth is accepted in heaven and what you reject on earth is rejected in heaven. He gave us the authority to unanimously create and reject. And Christians since the beginning accepted Christian wedding. So abeg stop saying its just a ceremony, it's an important part of having a chirstian marriage.
Re: Is It Right For Pastors To Confirm The Right Marriage Partner For A Person? by Dvea(f): 12:39am On Nov 20, 2023
I think at the end of the day, it all boils down to what is important to you. I know some people have taken this seeking pastor's opinion to be greater than common sense and even the teaching of God that they serve, but in all honest, with the way human beings ar being crazy, it is important to seek God's face before making a decision as serious as marriage. Even if not a pastor, make a serious prayer to be sure you are not going into hell. I am still of a strong belief that many people will have a better life if they just ask God. I mean, even the Bible says to have child-like confidence and trust in God. Children ask parents about everything. Even Daddy, should I go and poo now or later. Children ask everything. Why would you now not ask about something as deep as marriage?

The problem is asking the wrong pastor, or waiting till the dying moment after promising someone for six-plus years of marriage and then disappointing them one week to the marriage. From the beginning, ask questions. And I don't understand why you will just ask one pastor. See with marriage, ask five to six prophets, then pray yourself and then do checks and balances. No, how, you will get a close enough answer. But she if you think, you fit do things on your own, be prepared for whatever consequence will arise. At least if you Asked God first and things start to get K leg you can go back to God and ask why.

And finally all you people saying pastor was not mentioned in the Bible, you forget that priest was the order of the day then and people consulted the priests for various things, no doubt marriage was part.
Re: Is It Right For Pastors To Confirm The Right Marriage Partner For A Person? by chariisGRACE(m): 7:49am On Nov 20, 2023
Dvea:

I laugh when I hear people say this. Now, let's turn to the Bible and show you how erroneous your two points are.

First, marriage in the bible was nowhere near parlour marriage. The ancient Jews had a huge ceremony for marriage. First, the betrothal ceremony, which was mostly indoor. Then the wedding ceremony itself was supposed to last seven days with a banquet for each day. Done compulsorily in the bride's house. Then, on the seventh day, the father of the bride gives you his daughter. Modern Jews, that is in Jesus' time, had a little less stressful tradition, and the bridegroom would simply come to pick up his wife at night after the initial 7-day banquet o. That is why at the wedding of Cana they said to the groom, the good wine was usually served first and at the end of the seventh day the anyhow came in. You can see all of the extravagant wedding practices of ancient jews over the course of the old testament with various modifications. Even when Rebecca was coming to marry Isaaic, she came with a whole congregation. That was their culture, weddings were a big deal, it was loud, it was grand, it was a testament to the wealth of both families. There was nothing quiet about Jewish wedding so don't come and say Traditional ceremony is not biblical. It's clearly in the Bible. The wedding Jesus attended clearly said he went to a wedding feast, feast means big event uncle not sitting room business.

Next in the time of Jesus, historically, people consulted the temple priests a lot for so many things. And although there is no concrete evidence, if marriage was such a big deal, then certainly families consulted the priest to use the Urim to seek God's will.

Finally, What kind of Christian says white wedding is ceremonial? It just means you still don't understand the concept of a white wedding. If you believe in Jesus and his blessing, the white wedding is your chance to seek that blessing. Yes, people have gone crazy, but hey, if you want to come to your father's house and be nuts, who has the right to judge you? The Christian wedding was simply a way for Christians to meet and tell Jesus, see o, this is the person I want to marry, come and bless us. The same way you did for the traditional weddings, receiving your family's blessing, Christian wedding was to receive Christ's blessing.

And why is it not in the bible, Well because Christianity was new, all the books of the bible only tell the stories of the early Christendom, So many things happened and were added to help improve Christian life after the bible, it doesn't make them fake, it was simply a part of the growth of Christianity. Marriage is important to God and Christians wanted to be sure that God gave His blessing so the Christian marriage things originated. And why do we believe it's authentic, because the Bible says, what you accept on earth is accepted in heaven and what you reject on earth is rejected in heaven. He gave us the authority to unanimously create and reject. And Christians since the beginning accepted Christian wedding. So abeg stop saying its just a ceremony, it's an important part of having a chirstian marriage.

I love your takes but, you still didn't make any of my points invalid.

You disagreed when I said that marriage is between the two families only, and that a priest has no business in it.

You countered me on that without giving reference to any marriage in the Bible that was officiated by a priest.

Concerning the ceremonial aspect of it, we are on the same page.

Concerning the involvement of priests in marriages, you didn't show me any where it was stated that a priest officiated a marriage.

Talking about, white wedding, it is the European alternative for our "traditional wedding".Otherwise, show me anywhere it was stated that, weddings were held in the church
Re: Is It Right For Pastors To Confirm The Right Marriage Partner For A Person? by Wisterio: 10:52am On Nov 20, 2023
Maka why. The pastor don kukuma turn wizard be dat na.
Re: Is It Right For Pastors To Confirm The Right Marriage Partner For A Person? by Dvea(f): 1:22pm On Nov 20, 2023
chariisGRACE:

I love your takes but, you still didn't make any of my points invalid.

You disagreed when I said that marriage is between the two families only, and that a priest has no business in it.

You countered me on that without giving reference to any marriage in the Bible that was officiated by a priest.

Concerning the ceremonial aspect of it, we are on the same page.

Concerning the involvement of priests in marriages, you didn't show me any where it was stated that a priest officiated a marriage.

Talking about, white wedding, it is the European alternative for our "traditional wedding".Otherwise, show me anywhere it was stated that, weddings were held in the church

Let's answer you in parts

There was no place in the Bible where a Church wedding was spoken about because, as I said, up until the end of the bible, Christianity was still young. The Bible shows us only the early days of Christianity, so the physical church you are looking for you will not see in the Bible. Again, I mention that a White wedding is not a European thing but a desire for Christians to get the blessing of God just like you get the blessing of your family in a traditional wedding. Initially, it was called Christian Wedding; the change to white was the work of non-Christians who wanted to experience the same thing. The initial development of Christian weddings, based on Christian history, was so that people could seek the blessing of Jesus before witnesses. It was a testament to their faith in Jesus and their desire to have Him bless their wedding. You realise that Christianity extends beyond the Bible, and Christian history is a massive part of Christianity today. So, not everything has to be in the Bible; many things were included to improve Christian faith, and they are not false because Jesus gave us the power to accept and reject things if we do so in unity.

Next, I never said marriage was not between families. I said that ancient Jews were also very religious and sort the opinion of priests to seek God's will on their behalf. I also said although there is no Bible reference to anyone seeking a priest's opinion for a wedding, Jewish people were extremely religious and sought God's will about almost everything, not just wars. Biblical history goes as far as saying that many rich men had resident priests within their homes whose jobs were simply to seek God's will for the family and their activities. Again, you will find sparing information about it, though I remember a passage in the book of Judges that speaks of a man who took in a Levite who became a resident priest. However, as I keep saying, just because the Bible didn't carry it doesn't mean it didn't happen. It just means it wasn't important enough to make it to the Bible. Jewish religious traditions and histories are available for everyone, giving you deeper insights into what people did. Just the same Christian Religious history and traditions give you insights into the choices and decisions that were made, and one of them was Christian wedding where, mind you, A priest is needed solely as a witness, almost identical to ancient Jewish traditions where the banquet or feast was a sort of witness to the marriage. And if people had resident priests, then yes, priests were a part of Jewish marriages in whatever way was popular then.

All I'm saying is that because it was not written word for word in the Bible does not mean something is false. There is much more to Christianity that comes from tradition and post-Biblical revelation. The Bible is the first reference, but there are so many other aspects that help you understand Christianity. So, because Christian wedding was not mentioned doesn't mean it's a false teaching. Or because you didn't see priests officiating a Jewish wedding doesn't mean historically they didn't. This is why religious historians and theologies always read history to learn more. The Bible only complied what was important for your salvation, not people's everyday lives or cultures.
Re: Is It Right For Pastors To Confirm The Right Marriage Partner For A Person? by woginid967: 11:58pm On Nov 20, 2023
Chosimba:

Why the seers no fit see wetin go make Nigeria betta?

Seers don't do politics. Prophets are the ones who do. Seers dont concern themselves with such

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Christian Open Love Letter / What Is The Significance Of Praying Before Eating? / I Am Suing Pastor Chris Oyakhilome For N200 Million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.