Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:41 AM

6 Proven Ways To Avoid ‘Billing’ When Abroad - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 6 Proven Ways To Avoid ‘Billing’ When Abroad (29776 Views)

Costly Mistakes To Avoid When Travelling Abroad / Top Mistakes To Avoid During A Visa Interview / Man Wears All His Clothes At The Airport To Avoid British Airways Luggage Fees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Proven Ways To Avoid ‘Billing’ When Abroad by Kossyso: 8:09am On Nov 19, 2023
People trying so hard to justify their stinginess.
Na only Nigerians dey abroad? Silly advice upon silly advice every day. Getat abeg!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Proven Ways To Avoid ‘Billing’ When Abroad by Mummyimbecile(m): 8:10am On Nov 19, 2023
The truth is that it's not easy here too... I've tried d the blackout style, but folks still find me come Facebook, dey fill my inbox with all sorts of financial requests.

I do help when it's convenient for me. The one wey vex me pass na last week when my old time school mate chatted me and told me that his wife just gave birth, that he needs any financial assistance I could render him. The thing touch me she, I gave baba 60$ to manage, that about 67k in naira...

Instead of this guy appreciating me, he told me that the money is too small, that is it not dollar that I'm earning, that if I give him 400$ that it won't remove anything from me. That talk alone angered me and I blacked him out. Baba dey do exchange rate for me.

It's not easy anywhere, that the fact. We also get numerous bills to pay... Car insurance, electricity bills, gas and water bills, house rent... The truth is that most of them asking for money cannot even work the number of hours we work here just to make ends meet.

It's 2.09am here, and I've just finished clocking my hours, getting ready to go to my house.

21 Likes

Re: 6 Proven Ways To Avoid ‘Billing’ When Abroad by yeldey: 8:14am On Nov 19, 2023
In as much I try as much as possible to show empathy and help guys back home ( just friends and not my immediate family members). I noticed most of them cook up all sort of lies and stories to extort large sum from you.

A female friend was already married but lied about it, I got to know after I had sent her money. When I discovered she was already married, I told her I don't send money to married ladies especially if I don't know the hubby.

Another one lied I should help him with legal fees for him to claim his late dad's pension from Osun state government, I used number 6 method because I knew he wasn't honest from past antecedents.

A former colleague requested money to start his building foundation as land grabbers were about taking away his land from him, I never gave him a response because I know he was lying.

A family friend claimed his mother was sick, infact I was ready to help him but I wanted my mum to reach out first but the guy declined, then I knew he was a liar.

Another one reached out to help him get Waec GCE Form, and I was able to see the evidence that he has registered for the exam, I did what he expected me to do.

Currently, I have adopted the OP number 6 method only when I smell any form of dishonesty.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 Proven Ways To Avoid ‘Billing’ When Abroad by Starz825(m): 8:16am On Nov 19, 2023

4 Likes

Re: 6 Proven Ways To Avoid ‘Billing’ When Abroad by federal9: 8:17am On Nov 19, 2023
The OP is stingy. If you don't want to give, you tell them.

When you don't help your blood when you have, you will fall.

Now, after acquiring that wealth without telling them, if you died unexpectedly, who would know you own a property there?

Some of you are just stingy and feel like you own the world. Giving is important!!

An Ashewo girl was interviewed, she said she gave 60% of her money to her family each month.

If anything happens to any of your family, brother or sister just because there was no help, you will feel guilty.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Proven Ways To Avoid ‘Billing’ When Abroad by ericmor: 8:18am On Nov 19, 2023
lolu2019:
u can't hide.what about those that helped u before.u don't have to give them money.at least,u can still communicate.

That's the worst part, most of them get there and forget those that helped them in the past and I don't know why. May be it's destiny sha because I have so many cases of such that I know of

4 Likes

Re: 6 Proven Ways To Avoid ‘Billing’ When Abroad by Welcomme: 8:22am On Nov 19, 2023
The shit is annoying. I am not the type that post to pepper anyone. None of my pictures that I snapped here is on Facebook. I seldom also post on WhatsApp (just once in a while) but everyday you see people crippling into your DM to ask for one financial favour of the other. This is something I never did while I was in Nigeria. I had so many friends in abroad but our chat were surrounded with majorly information on how I can relocate and other discussions centred on politics, business and spots . The moment you start billing people, they start avoiding you which I don't like. I still have like 350k in my GT bank, I have said, the moment that money finishes, except my immediate family, no body go see my shi shi until I am very stable in this country. But for now, I deliberately kept that money there to be servicing urgent 5k and 10k from friends at home. I used first attack yesterday when I sense he was about to ask me for money but the guy still asked oo.. I had no choice than to send.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Proven Ways To Avoid ‘Billing’ When Abroad by franchasofficia: 8:22am On Nov 19, 2023
What is the need of working to earn money or to become financially successful as a man if not to use it to affect and change the lives of your loved ones, people around you and the Church or any community you belong to?

Dear God, please may you continue to enrich me daily so that I can continue to be the one carrying the financial burdens of my family members, friends, relatives, kinsmen, Church members and anyone around me, so help me God.

I love spending.

I love giving.

Giving to people makes me feel fulfilled.

Helping others makes me live happy and fulfilled.

May I never lack till the day I sign out from this world.

May I continue to have more than enough to expand the number of people and communities I help, Amen!

7 Likes

Re: 6 Proven Ways To Avoid ‘Billing’ When Abroad by Facidio: 8:24am On Nov 19, 2023
Abroad my feet..... Just pray God to bless you. Location doesn't matter. Obi cubana no dey stay abroad.

7 Likes

Re: 6 Proven Ways To Avoid ‘Billing’ When Abroad by ericmor: 8:25am On Nov 19, 2023
Mummyimbecile:
The truth is that it's not easy here too... I've tried d the blackout style, but folks still find me come Facebook, dey fill my inbox with all sorts of financial requests.

I do help when it's convenient for me. The one wey vex me pass na last week when my old time school mate chatted me and told me that his wife just gave birth, that he needs any financial assistance I could render him. The thing touch me she, I gave baba 60$ to manage, that about 67k in naira...

Instead of this guy appreciating me, he told me that the money is too small, that is it not dollar that I'm earning, that if I give him 400$ that it won't remove anything from me. That talk alone angered me and I blacked him out. Baba dey do exchange rate for me.

It's not easy anywhere, that the fact. We also get numerous bills to pay... Car insurance, electricity bills, gas and water bills, house rent... The truth is that most of them asking for money cannot even work the number of hours we work here just to make earns meet.

It's 2.09am here, and I've just finished clocking my hours, getting ready to go to my house.

That ur friend na baba suwe. My friend will send me such amount and I no go shower him with prayers. Appreciate any help you get from people, either small or big just appreciate and God will bless you more

10 Likes

Re: 6 Proven Ways To Avoid ‘Billing’ When Abroad by SALLYBERRY01(m): 8:26am On Nov 19, 2023
Bookmark it will be useful
Re: 6 Proven Ways To Avoid ‘Billing’ When Abroad by Onyiiobi7735(m): 8:27am On Nov 19, 2023
sukkot:
Jay z just has the trait of every African American. African Americans are the most stingy people on the planet. They cannot give you 1 dollar even if they have 20 billion dollars. And na girl him born. When he die na blue ivy husband go enjoy all that money wey him Dey stingy with
Liar,He and Beyonce had two girls Blue Ivy included and a boy named Sir.
The boy Sir is a twin with Rumi,a girl.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Proven Ways To Avoid ‘Billing’ When Abroad by Cutehector(m): 8:38am On Nov 19, 2023
Villa12:
apart from your parents. You can only supports your younger siblings if he or she has shown commitment. You don't help by dishing out money to the person every now and then. Help the person so he or she won't be at your mercy again and he or she can also help someone else too
good thought process.
Re: 6 Proven Ways To Avoid ‘Billing’ When Abroad by sukkot: 8:39am On Nov 19, 2023
Onyiiobi7735:

Liar,He and Beyonce had two girls Blue Ivy included and a boy named Sir.
The boy Sir is a twin with Rumi,a girl.
hey i dont keep up with these demons
Re: 6 Proven Ways To Avoid ‘Billing’ When Abroad by PEACE2023: 8:45am On Nov 19, 2023
uche87:

Lies. There are big monies in abroad. If you get there by mistake, you will pack money with basket

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 Proven Ways To Avoid ‘Billing’ When Abroad by phemmyfour: 8:45am On Nov 19, 2023
uche87:

Abroad is no longer profitable. The only difference is that you won't stress to get your basic needs but Abroad won't make you rich. Paying rent monthly no be beans

6 Likes

Re: 6 Proven Ways To Avoid ‘Billing’ When Abroad by reddingtonblack: 8:48am On Nov 19, 2023
ednut1:
cho cho cho. Assist till you go broke yourself . Is economy not hard abroad too

You are just being unreasonable, Assisting is not why a benefactor will go broke and there is no record or stats that depict a Rich man that got broke becos he was assisting or donating funds to the needy

[b If you wants to be stingy please do with your full chest 100% but going about citing stupid justifications and misinformation is what i am against.[/b]
The dumb OP even mentioned JayZ despite Jayz stingyness is he richer than bill gate and oprah, why be a jayz if i can be as rich as gate
In Nigeria we have people like Don jazzy, emoney, mayor of ekiti, Mrbanks that constantly do give away why have they not gone broke you wana answer that smiley

1 Like

Re: 6 Proven Ways To Avoid ‘Billing’ When Abroad by xpee: 8:51am On Nov 19, 2023
You can as well block 🚫 the blockables because no matter how you explain to some people, they will never understand.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Proven Ways To Avoid ‘Billing’ When Abroad by Onyiiobi7735(m): 8:52am On Nov 19, 2023
sukkot:
hey i dont keep up with these demons
Lol! Sorry if I sounded insulting.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Proven Ways To Avoid ‘Billing’ When Abroad by ednut1(m): 9:00am On Nov 19, 2023
reddingtonblack:

You are just being unreasonable, Assisting is not why a benefactor will go broke and there is no record or stats that depict a Rich man that got broke becos he was assisting or donating funds to the needy

[b If you wants to be stingy please do with your full chest 100% but going about citing stupid justifications and misinformation is what i am against.[/b]
The dumb OP even mentioned JayZ despite Jayz stingyness is he richer than bill gate and oprah, why be a jayz if i can be as rich as gate
In Nigeria we have people like Don jazzy, emoney, mayor of ekiti, Mrbanks that constantly do give away why have they not gone broke you wana answer that smiley
comparing the average person to celebrities abeg rest. There are many people who spent all their money helping people but when they needed help no one show face. All those male actors begging for hospital funds. You think they didn’t help people in their hay day😆
Re: 6 Proven Ways To Avoid ‘Billing’ When Abroad by reddingtonblack: 9:06am On Nov 19, 2023
Welcomme:
The shit is annoying. I am not the type that post to pepper anyone. None of my pictures that I snapped here is on Facebook. I seldom also post on WhatsApp (just once in a while) but everyday you see people crippling into your DM to ask for one financial favour of the other. This is something I never did while I was in Nigeria. I had so many friends in abroad but our chat were surrounded with majorly information on how I can relocate and other discussions centred on politics, business and spots . The moment you start billing people, they start avoiding you which I don't like. I still have like 200k in my GT bank, I have said, the moment that money finishes, except my immediate family, no body go see my shi shi until I am very stable in this country. But for now, I deliberately kept that money there to be servicing urgent 5k and 10k from friends at home. I used first attack yesterday when I sense he was about to ask me for money but the guy still asked oo.. I had no choice than to send.

No regrets, Do what you can when you can, Spare when you have something to spare But don't ever believe that nonsense assisting people is why you go from being a Millionaire to kobonaire. make dem give example
i have no regrets, knowing i am the reason why some of my friends finish school gives me that feeling i can't explain till date
Knowing my lil change for heinkein & fish on TGIF will put smile on someones face makes me fulfill, it all points down to who you are, if you are a giver you a giver even when you get $1 you go share cheesy naa nature
Most importantly don't do pass yourself

4 Likes

Re: 6 Proven Ways To Avoid ‘Billing’ When Abroad by Biola67: 9:11am On Nov 19, 2023
Untop my money?

2 Likes

Re: 6 Proven Ways To Avoid ‘Billing’ When Abroad by reddingtonblack: 9:17am On Nov 19, 2023
Starz825:
Me norma norma i dey give on GOD.
Blessed are those who give than receive. Na my slogan b dat
however, when i reach abroad . omo i go first face my parent, my 2 siblings, myself and my fiancee 4 10yrs then after i go com dey check on my niggas. pple wey God use 4 me take send me go b koko at first. then later i reach out to others. i think thats fair enough

So naa after 10yrs you go remember We your friends wey help you, if na that one don't worry our lives won't remain the way you left us, by the time you come back we sef go don hamma, wink Baale must hear this

2 Likes

Re: 6 Proven Ways To Avoid ‘Billing’ When Abroad by ExudeLoveToAll: 9:23am On Nov 19, 2023
hardcore007:
Lol. No be lie.

Them don marry, buy landed properties, build house yet still dey task you 50k, while you never even start your own foundation.

This is what I can't understand. These kinds of people will forever manipulate and can't give back to you .
Re: 6 Proven Ways To Avoid ‘Billing’ When Abroad by reddingtonblack: 9:27am On Nov 19, 2023
ednut1:
comparing the average person to celebrities abeg rest. There are many people who spent all their money helping people but when they needed help no one show face. All those male actors begging for hospital funds. You think they didn’t help people in their hay day😆

If i mention just anybody do you know them ? or celebrities are not humans ?

Nobody will ever spend 100% or there whole money to help people, you are not talking to a toddler ogbeni
mention one millionaire that is a kobonaire today becos he was assisting the needy, celebrity is just a title they are human.

All those Actors that are suffering today, go back nd read there story, you will see most of them lived a reckless life, womanizing and living extravagant fake life.

Infact i dare you to go dig out "JUST ONE" celebrity that is now broke becos he was doing give away cheesy Find am you WIN

1 Like

Re: 6 Proven Ways To Avoid ‘Billing’ When Abroad by ExudeLoveToAll: 9:35am On Nov 19, 2023
Herkim:
It wil be advisable to always assist people if you have the money or something to give out to them genuinely.

God will surely reward you in manifolds if you believe this. Am a living witness.

The money given to you is not only meant for you only. Though money is not easy to work for, still try your best to assist the neediest.

If one dies today , one can't be buried with all the wealth acquired on earth .

Kindly always render assistance because what comes round goes round. This is a small world

Help should be given to those whoa really need help.

Most people just manipulate others inorder to keep milking them till infinity.

For family members, it's important to help them create a sustainable business in order for all in the family to be independent to a large extent. Sometimes people carry load bigger than them leading to their early demise.

A friend of mine was telling me how his expenses equals his income for the month, I delved further to discover that some people who are actually doing quite well for themselves are amongst those milking him of his earnings making him run a deficit budget.

Most people in this category don't care about you and will never stand by you in bad times, it's pertinent to be able to help people but don't allow the help ruin you financially.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Proven Ways To Avoid ‘Billing’ When Abroad by ExudeLoveToAll: 9:39am On Nov 19, 2023
Shakirababy:

Givers never lack...when you have give. Being stingy isn't a way of attracting favour from God.

Women and the word stingy is like five and six.

That a person refuses to part way with his or her money doesn't make him stingy. You are not his priority at that moment in time that's why he didn't give you.

If people let money Out of their pocket like that the giver will turn broke, only help what can't ruin you financially. Empower family to stand on their feet.

MOst people who beg see their benefactor as the easiest point to milk money out of them, it is necessary to differentiate those who really this help and those who use you as an opportunity to make a living.

4 Likes

Re: 6 Proven Ways To Avoid ‘Billing’ When Abroad by Shakirababy(f): 9:46am On Nov 19, 2023
ExudeLoveToAll:

Women and the word stingy is like five and six.

That a person refuses to part way with his or her money doesn't make him stingy. You are not his priority at that moment in time that's why he didn't give you.

If people let money Out of their pocket like that the giver will turn broke, only help what can't ruin you financially. Empower family to stand on their feet.

MOst people who beg see their benefactor as the easiest point to milk money out of them, it is necessary to differentiate those who really this help and those who use you as an opportunity to make a living.

My dear,,,If you don't have money come open so people can put you in their prayers.

All these process just to avoid billing doesn't make sense. I'm not just a woman but an extra ordinary one...so giving is not a problem for me
Re: 6 Proven Ways To Avoid ‘Billing’ When Abroad by ExudeLoveToAll: 9:49am On Nov 19, 2023
jojothaiv:
😂😂😂😂😂

Once any of my close circle japa, I try as much as possible not to tax them (why should I when none of them no really send my papa). Make dem too go sort their lives out first, Na who chop belleful dey reason giveaway and truth be told, money no really dey like that, niggas are hustling to stay afloat.

I never ask for help from my friends abroad and they all know I was doing poorly at home. It got to a point some where saying that I have big ego to beg and my responses is always you know I'm going through hard times if you can't on your own volunteer to help them there is no need to beg because I can never tell if you are passing through the same struggles that I'm passing through.

This happened for sometime even when I started bringing in seven digit home in Nigerian currency. What I observed is that I became their go to friend they would want to talk to and seek opinions from. These are guys who block others that beg them and were also pestering me to bring my standards down to see them as a benefactor rather than as a friend and partner.

Another thing I observed is that if you stay silent about your wealth people leave you alone why if you are boisterous they just flock to your place of abode why is this so? Human relations is really dynamic and one needs to be careful else you get ripped of by predators.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 6 Proven Ways To Avoid ‘Billing’ When Abroad by ExudeLoveToAll: 9:54am On Nov 19, 2023
Shakirababy:

My dear,,,If you don't have money come open so people can put you in their prayers.

All these process just to avoid billing doesn't make sense. I'm not just a woman but an extra ordinary one...so giving is not a problem for me

I don't need money from anyone not from you neither from the president of my country or the world's president. I am self sufficient till I leave this planet. Take your money and help your family they need it,

People who use the word stingy are entitled people and most entitled people ware women. Have a good day

3 Likes

Re: 6 Proven Ways To Avoid ‘Billing’ When Abroad by Shakirababy(f): 10:21am On Nov 19, 2023
ExudeLoveToAll:

I don't need money from anyone not from you neither from the president of my country or the world's president. I am self sufficient till I leave this planet. Take your money and help your family they need it,

People who use the word stingy are entitled people and most entitled people ware women. Have a good day

You are not making sense,,,,,swerve
Re: 6 Proven Ways To Avoid ‘Billing’ When Abroad by xavuv: 10:22am On Nov 19, 2023
Tjra:
Abroad don cast.

When we were little, those abroad build Duplexes and send cars back home like it's nothing.

Make your Uncle enter Yankee or Germany, before 2 years dollars and Deutsche mark (before they adopted Euro) respectively don dey flow.

Nowadays, na abroad people dey tax those at home.

I doubt

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lagos Helicopter Crash: Three Dead Bodies, Three Injured Persons Recovered / Gridlock: Sanwo-olu Looks On As Trucks Take Over Apapa / Mass Deportation Of Nigerians From India

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.