Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,084 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:20 AM

FHA set To Demolish 677 Houses In Festac Over Contravention - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / FHA set To Demolish 677 Houses In Festac Over Contravention (18145 Views)

Lamentations From FESTAC As FHA Demolishes Buildings / Lagos To Demolish Distressed Buildings In Alaba International Market / Lagos Issues Contravention Notices To Residential, Commercial Buildings In Lekki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FHA set To Demolish 677 Houses In Festac Over Contravention by delpee(f): 6:17pm On Nov 20, 2023
FrontDev39:
is it omonile that approved those plans? continue deceiving yourself lol...

Igbos saw more than this during the civil war...

Those who truly have government approved plans can sue for damages and compensation. The problem is they don't have.

1 Like

Re: FHA set To Demolish 677 Houses In Festac Over Contravention by U09ce: 7:03pm On Nov 20, 2023
delpee:

The detailed story shows that they were warned not to build on pipeline areas, drainage channels and road setbacks. They were hoping that FHA will regularise their misdemeanor. Same as it happened in Ajao Estate and Lekki. People need to learn to abide with the laws and regulations of the society in which they live.

I agree with you, 100%. What I'm saying is that there are agencies of state govt that shouldn't have even allowed such structures to stand. But perhaps they got their share in the largesse

2 Likes

Re: FHA set To Demolish 677 Houses In Festac Over Contravention by olas24u(f): 8:06pm On Nov 20, 2023
Artscollection:

You can hate dem northeners but they understand the value of hard earned money and How the economy Works. That is why buhari with his wicked mind didn't allow your god to go that far under his watch. But due to the wicked and lazy mindset of some fallen demobs,they derive joy in destroying what they can never achieve.

you are so pained,and you beat your chest without respecting your host

3 Likes

Re: FHA set To Demolish 677 Houses In Festac Over Contravention by PEACE2023: 9:22pm On Nov 20, 2023

1 Like

Re: FHA set To Demolish 677 Houses In Festac Over Contravention by Cryofigbos: 9:35pm On Nov 20, 2023
ValarDoharis:
If you can show me where SW region is mentioned in the constitution, I'll return to wherever you want.

Every region is inclusive in d constitution.....don't complain if we demolish anything as una no wan go back to una region

2 Likes

Re: FHA set To Demolish 677 Houses In Festac Over Contravention by ValarDoharis: 10:47pm On Nov 20, 2023
If you can show me where SW region is mentioned in the constitution, I will retrun to wherever you want. I'm waiting!
Cryofigbos:

Every region is inclusive in d constitution.....don't complain if we demolish anything as una no wan go back to una region
Re: FHA set To Demolish 677 Houses In Festac Over Contravention by lexylaw40: 7:10am On Nov 21, 2023
Re: FHA set To Demolish 677 Houses In Festac Over Contravention by Dshocker(m): 1:46pm On Nov 22, 2023
Swiftgrp:

Right from the Babangida Military years from 1985 to the early 1990s till recent, Festac Town's well-planned layout that I originally knew has been bastardized and some houses built on drainage systems and designated gardens/parks. Even the lush green zone or buffer zone was encroached upon by corrupt people with buildings and some churches built within it. There was back up power supply back in the late 1970s to the very early 1980s that automatically came on if power outages took place in Festac Town. It was during Babangida's administration in the late 1980s that the now rich Military guys who served in his government and other cronies began to distort the great master plan of Festac Town and built mansions in the Cocaine Avenue axis and even built on the designated gardens and parks within Festac. This is one of the major insidious side effects of the brutally corrupt Military rule on Nigeria.

It's time to reclaim the original master plan of Festival Town (aka Festac Town) from the wolves and law violators building houses in unauthorized areas and swamp lands which can lead to more flooding of the area during the rainy season.

This is exactly how some idiots built houses in the Ajao Estate area bordering the MMIA land right within, and around highly inflammable aviation fuel pipelines located on already acquired FAAN/Federal Government land meant for the future Murtala Muhammad International Airport expansion. The illegal residents out of desperately did a video by manipulatively calling for help and appealing to emotions this year when the FG/FAAN bulldozers finally moved in to demolish the illegally built houses after several warnings had been given to them to stop construction work and leave!

This is the reason why you have to do thorough due diligence before paying for any leased (rented) land anywhere in Nigeria and even Ghana. Land documents have to be duly certified. It's not a must to build a house in Lagos and if you must, do due diligence. Period.

NOTE: I have to add here after reading some ignorant posts that even right back in the late 1990s Ibos were NOT in any majority in Festac Town. It was a well-planned multinational and multi-ethnic area with well-educated folks from Edo, Yoruba, Delta, Ibo (The Uche Chukwumerijie family for example), a few Northerners and more. It was after the year 2000 that there was an influx of some more Ibo folks into that area and parts of Lagos State due to the vicious armed robberies, killings, kidnappings and insecurity situations happening in Iboland which made Ibo folks not to travel home for New Yam festivals in the East in the 2000s and so they started doing New Yam festival in Lagos and other states where they are domiciled. So, Festac was NEVER an Ibo dominated area right from inception in the late 1970s to the years after 2000.

Yes Festac is a federal government plan, occupied by every tribe.

But Igbos didn't influx Festac due to the nonsense you listed above, get your fact right.

Southeast used to be the most peaceful region, until Buhari started heading Nigeria, and insecurity exploded all over Nigeria.

The reason why Igbos chose Festac was because, their business is centred around that area, Sea port, Alaba, Tradefair, and other environs.

2 Likes

Re: FHA set To Demolish 677 Houses In Festac Over Contravention by tamdun: 7:54pm On Nov 22, 2023
FrontDev39:
is it omonile that approved those plans? continue deceiving yourself lol...

Igbos saw more than this during the civil war...
I can bet u anything that those buildings don't have approval
Re: FHA set To Demolish 677 Houses In Festac Over Contravention by FrontDev39: 5:50pm On Nov 23, 2023
tamdun:

I can bet u anything that those buildings don't have approval
There is a stage you get to and you have to understand some kind of money is not acquired by being stupid.

How can you assume that someone who forks out 100M+ to erect structures like that will be stupid enough not to know the risk of not getting approval before building?

If it was you, would you take that kind of risk?
Re: FHA set To Demolish 677 Houses In Festac Over Contravention by tamdun: 2:21pm On Nov 24, 2023
FrontDev39:
There is a stage you get to and you have to understand some kind of money is not acquired by being stupid.

How can you assume that someone who forks out 100M+ to erect structures like that will be stupid enough not to know the risk of not getting approval before building?

If it was you, would you take that kind of risk?
Then u know nothing,come to Lagos and see stupid millionaires
Re: FHA set To Demolish 677 Houses In Festac Over Contravention by FrontDev39: 2:50pm On Nov 24, 2023
tamdun:

Then u know nothing,come to Lagos and see stupid millionaires
Only those who got money from shady deals will be stupid, not someone who worked hard for his money.
Re: FHA set To Demolish 677 Houses In Festac Over Contravention by delpee(f): 8:20pm On Nov 24, 2023
U09ce:

I agree with you, 100%. What I'm saying is that there are agencies of state govt that shouldn't have even allowed such structures to stand. But perhaps they got their share in the largesse

I agree. That's possible. However, I read somewhere that they were notified earlier but went ahead to build. I've seen places in the past where recalcitrant landlords simply paint over the red markings of the authorities and continue building. Problem is that when the house is completed and occupied, another agency of government collects levies and taxes thereby seemingly validating occupancy.

Bottom line is that one shouldn't build without proper documentation at the lands registry and a genuine building approval.

1 Like

Re: FHA set To Demolish 677 Houses In Festac Over Contravention by lexylaw40: 11:44am On Nov 26, 2023
Re: FHA set To Demolish 677 Houses In Festac Over Contravention by lexylaw40: 2:44pm On Nov 29, 2023
Re: FHA set To Demolish 677 Houses In Festac Over Contravention by lexylaw40: 6:53am On Nov 30, 2023
Re: FHA set To Demolish 677 Houses In Festac Over Contravention by Swiftgrp: 2:01pm On Dec 14, 2023
Dshocker:

Yes Festac is a federal government plan, occupied by every tribe.

But Igbos didn't influx Festac due to the nonsense you listed above, get your fact right.

Southeast used to be the most peaceful region, until Buhari started heading Nigeria, and insecurity exploded all over Nigeria.

The reason why Igbos chose Festac was because, their business is centred around that area, Sea port, Alaba, Tradefair, and other environs.
First off, I have known Festac Town since the late 1970s and l lived in Festac from the early 1980s, so I am very familiar with the history of Festac Town when it was well-planned like a European or American gated estate with stand-by automatic generators in case of pwer outages which was very rare then. Things started going south as I stated in my original post from the very early 1990s when some of the military guys and their cronies started distorting the master plan of Festac Town.

You obviously are NOT well-informed for you to have said what I CLEARLY stated in my post is nonsense! What I stated is NO different from what many well-known and CREDIBLE Ibo PUBLIC AFFAIRS analysts have written over the years.

I have read over the last 25 years a lot of articles written in publications by public affairs analysts of Ibo origin seriously lamenting the bad state of kidnappings, armed robberies, rapes, baby factory, and drug trafficking by Ibos outside and within Iboland. I still have those publications filed away. Back in the late 1990s and 2000s, there was a lot of kidnappings which COINCIDED with a noticeable large influx of Ibos [who could afford to do so] after the year 2000 into different areas like Okota in Isolo, and Amuwo Odofin [where Festac Town and environs are located], etc, in Lagos State, Ibadan in Oyo State, Port Harcourt, Abuja, etc, [especially the guys from Anambra who started to LEASE lands and build houses because many could not go back on holidays for New Yam festival because of vicious kidnappers, armed robbers and rapists]. For example, some of the areas such as Okota has Yoruba folks as indigenes in their home town which is part of the larger Isolo Kingdom did NOT have a large presence of Ibos even up to the late 1990s. Those few Ibos who were there were essentially tenants. I have it on authority from several interviews with Anambra sources that Anambra folks constitute 80 percent of Ibos in Lagos, and more than 50 percent of Anambra indigenes live outside Anambra as being lamented by a respected Ibo public affairs analysts over 10 years ago.

I remember reading major publications that about 70 Nnewi millionaires alone had been kidnapped by those vicious criminals who they paid huge ransoms to. It is also NOT all Ibos that came for genuine trading activities or because of any seaport. Some are economic migrants who came to look for jobs, and others were and are into pure crimes such as traffic robberies, hijacking of petrol tankers on the highway, armed robberies, kidnappings, etc. I have several CRIME PAGE page newspaper publications as evidence. One of the criminals from Enugu State who had shops in Alaba International in Ojo, [said he was using the shops as a cover for his criminal activities] was arrested for engaging in brutal armed robberies in Lagos State and across the border in Benin Republic with his fellow Anambra Ibo armed robbery gang members. He then used proceeds of the crimes to quickly build a mansion along Ikotun Road, and was spending money any how!

He CONFESSED to the Police at the Police Head Quarters in Lagos State that many of the guys claiming to be traders at Alaba International, Ojo are into many criminal activities and ONLY use trading and importation as a cover-up. This arrest was within the last 10 years and was published in major newspaper publications.

=>https://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/01/police-lagos-smash-trans-border-robbery-gang-arrest-eight/

=> https://www.nairaland.com/2108377/popular-alaba-trader-whoterrorise-lagos

It's the same thing that the armed robber and kidnapper called Chukwudumeme Onwuamadike [Evans] from Anambra was doing too. After terrorising the Eastern part of Nigeria [Iboland] by killing and kidnapping several Ibos, he relocated to Lagos, bought a mansion at Magodo Estate, and was posing as a legit self-styled billionaire. He continued kidnapping people within Lagos State for ransome till he was traked down by the Intelligence Unit of the Police!

A lot of so-called Alaba International traders have been arrested by the NDLEA for being drug barons who were sponsoring Ibos to act as cocaine, heroin, and methamphetamine drug pushers to Brazil, Ethiopia, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, etc. Several methamphetamine laboratories set up by Colombians and run by Ibo drug barons in various parts of Lagos State such as Iba New site, Satellite town, Ajao Estate, Ibeju Lekki, and more in Asaba, Nnewi, and Ozubulu in Anambra State have been BUSTED by the NDLEA and these fake millionaires who are young within their 20s and 40s in age have been sent to jail! This is the reason why I even believe that many of the houses springing up outside Iboland are proceeds of crime! Why would anyone rush in building mansions all over without due diligence? Even after they were told to stop construction by FHA on the Festac Phase 2 lands, they started attempting to bribe FHA staff because they thing money is the king!

My respects only go to the older Ibo folks like Coscharis for being the real wealth builders, but some of these very loud and younger Ibos claiming to be millionaire traders, but without a pedigree are NOT totally genuine.

Second, Alex Oti who is now the Governor of Abia granted an interview to Punch [when he was still running under APGA] where he indicated that his male ancestor came from Arochukwu to settle in Ngwaland and that 90 percent of Ngwaland came from Mbaise and the rest were Aros and Ibibio. I remember everything offhand till today because I have a very lucid memory and love reading history as well.

The MAJOR point in that Punch interview is that he said things were so bad in Aba and Abia State because of the armed robberies and kidnappings that led to Abians including some of his friends to ABANDON Abia and relocate to safer states such as Lagos! He cleaarly stated how a friend of his had to CLOSE DOWN his factory in Aba and relocated to Lagos State because of crimes [from kidnappers such as Osisikankwu]. I had that article filed away because it further explained why there was a RISING number of Ibos RUNNING to live in Lagos and other South West States, Abuja, Rivers [PH] and more. Even right now, there is an increase in the number of Ibos who have moved from Anambra into Asaba to live because they are fleeing violence from ipob.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lagos Tenant Hospitalised As Landlady Breaks Into Apartment / Why Do Most Nigerians Abroad Remain Tenants When They Are Back Home? / House Foundation Cost Quotation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.