Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,021 members, 7,821,558 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:01 PM

550 OpenAI Employees Ask Board To Quit Or They'll Resign. - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 550 OpenAI Employees Ask Board To Quit Or They'll Resign. (18964 Views)

My Boss Uses Divide And Rule System: Should I Quit Or Ignore / Anna Makanju: Nigerian Working At OpenAI (Photos) / Should I Quit Or Continue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 550 OpenAI Employees Ask Board To Quit Or They'll Resign. by OyinO: 7:21am On Nov 21, 2023
This is the way things are done in places where people have integrity. In NIGERIA, the story would've been different because one or two will collect bribe from the board and betray the rest.
Re: 550 OpenAI Employees Ask Board To Quit Or They'll Resign. by rhythyson: 8:51am On Nov 21, 2023
EEIA:

Even if they scatter, Bard na my backup.

Though not as good but it will do. grin

No be small thing grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 550 OpenAI Employees Ask Board To Quit Or They'll Resign. by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 8:54am On Nov 21, 2023
SharingIsLife:
How corporations work in USA is beyond my understanding. This is also how the Apple Founder Steve Jobs was sacked from a company he founded.
It works that way even in Nigeria. Your board of directors can sit and decide you are no longer wanted.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 550 OpenAI Employees Ask Board To Quit Or They'll Resign. by Rick9(m): 9:56am On Nov 21, 2023
YoshihideSuga:

Then secure capital, network expertise and knowledge from the banks. Or play the long game like Cargill and become private for eternity. Don't sell a share to outside investors, even if na private equity investors. Those ones are even brutal in their approach.
You know these things sir. Cargill is my biggest Motivation.
Me and Public Company nor get meeting point.
I like being in total control.
Re: 550 OpenAI Employees Ask Board To Quit Or They'll Resign. by Yoighaman(m): 12:47pm On Nov 21, 2023
Obierika:

If the Board stands its ground the employees will eventually buckle, all these ones na just gragra grin

All the members of the Board are already financially made but all the 550 employees some of whom already have heavy loans and credit card debts cannot afford to loose their jobs at the same time, forget the bullsh1t story there is no way Microsoft will readily employ the whole 550 of them!

I told you this doesn't sound like a threat.

https://www.wsj.com/tech/openai-trying-to-get-sam-altman-back-4b728049

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/11/19/tech/sam-altman-openai-board/index.html

https://africa.businessinsider.com/news/not-so-fast-sam-altman-is-reportedly-still-angling-to-pull-a-steve-jobs-and-return-to/42n1b7p
Re: 550 OpenAI Employees Ask Board To Quit Or They'll Resign. by donzira: 3:52pm On Nov 21, 2023
another jewish computer science university drop out.
Re: 550 OpenAI Employees Ask Board To Quit Or They'll Resign. by Cromagnon: 5:48pm On Nov 21, 2023
Petersamuel8:
Good, some capitalist just feel like they can do whatever undecided undecided
They can
Re: 550 OpenAI Employees Ask Board To Quit Or They'll Resign. by AlphaTaikun: 11:30pm On Nov 21, 2023
nlfpmod:

Kara Swisher
Ah! Anna Makanju is #6 on the list of OpenAI members of staff. Their minds are probably made up about moving to the new Microsoft subsidiary except a tectonic shift takes place.

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/11/19/tech/sam-altman-openai-board/index.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Friend Is About To Tender His Resignation Tonight Please Advise / Offer Letter In Jos Or Kadunna Confused / How My Job Nearly Got Me Killed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.