Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,462 members, 7,816,085 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

How We Lost Election For Not Bribing INEC, Police – Obasanjo - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How We Lost Election For Not Bribing INEC, Police – Obasanjo (24365 Views)

Muhammad Sanusi: Nigerians Selling Votes, INEC, Police Not Neutral / Awka On Fire: INEC, Police Offices Attacked By Unknown Gunmen / INEC Verdict: We Have Not Declared That Senator Akpabio Has Lost Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How We Lost Election For Not Bribing INEC, Police – Obasanjo by nuruajao: 9:17am On Nov 21, 2023
Thonyboy:

https://.ng/2023/11/21/how-we-lost-election-for-not-bribing-inec-police-obasanjo/
You are benefactor of the same thing you are complaining about baba you are opportune to rewrite history but you did otherwise Sir stop complaining

1 Like

Re: How We Lost Election For Not Bribing INEC, Police – Obasanjo by Charly68: 9:17am On Nov 21, 2023
Until our Elders stop decieving themselves that is when things will return to normalcy in this country. How can a man calling for do or die election come back to tell they had no money to rig election and that was why they lost. Has he forgotten the time he was using kings palaces to rig election ? This Baba na waya oo

1 Like

Re: How We Lost Election For Not Bribing INEC, Police – Obasanjo by Tochi360: 9:19am On Nov 21, 2023
ElSudani:

Elupee and PDP lost fair and square. Enough of this wailing.

Even you can't believe this lie.

Deep in your heart you know it is impossible for tinubu and his evil APC structure to go into the ballots with the intention of free and fair election,he won the selection bcus He is the highest bidder in this system of criminality We have going on grin grin
Re: How We Lost Election For Not Bribing INEC, Police – Obasanjo by Tochi360: 9:20am On Nov 21, 2023
SmartyPants:

Unless you were not born by then. Every election Obasanjo conducted was an unfortunate bloodbath coupled with brazen, open ballot box theft, and all sorts of primitive rigging.

You could not leave your home in confidence of coming home safely in any election day under that man.

True but APC disaster is beyond words worse,they make pdp seem like angels.
Re: How We Lost Election For Not Bribing INEC, Police – Obasanjo by xtervaganza(m): 9:25am On Nov 21, 2023
I hope nobody takes this man seriously.

2 Likes

Re: How We Lost Election For Not Bribing INEC, Police – Obasanjo by xjiggy: 9:27am On Nov 21, 2023
Says the Godfather of riggers. Everybody not in Govt is now a Saint. Smh

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How We Lost Election For Not Bribing INEC, Police – Obasanjo by YorubaDemonswag: 9:33am On Nov 21, 2023
AmazingELixir:

Ogun state House of Assembly has 9 PDP members.

How did this answer my questions?

State?

Senatorial district?

Local government?

Ward?
Re: How We Lost Election For Not Bribing INEC, Police – Obasanjo by eliwa47(m): 9:34am On Nov 21, 2023
But you eventually bribed them when you became the president? I dey ask nio! I come in peace 🕊️ grin
Re: How We Lost Election For Not Bribing INEC, Police – Obasanjo by olisaEze(m): 9:36am On Nov 21, 2023
tega192:
Na God go punish you obj for Odin massacre, you dey form like better person, medicine after dead , the blood of my brother's and sisters dey your hand , stupd president

Odi, Odin is someone else. cool
Re: How We Lost Election For Not Bribing INEC, Police – Obasanjo by DTaj: 9:39am On Nov 21, 2023
The same Obasanjo, under whose watch we had Nigeria's WORST-EVER ELECTION, IN 2007, when INEC's Prof. Maurice Iwu declared PDP winner almost everywhere, even when BALLOT PAPERS WERE STILL BEING PRINTED IN FAR-AWAY SOUTH AFRICA!!!

The same Obasanjo, who used minority number of House of Assembly members to illegally impeach Governors he didn't like!!!

The same Obasanjo, who worked for third-term and/or life-time Presidency!!!

Do these idiotic politicians think we forget so easily ?

Too many hypocrites!!!

1 Like

Re: How We Lost Election For Not Bribing INEC, Police – Obasanjo by Larryndelaw: 9:42am On Nov 21, 2023
Immediately I daw t he headline and OBj. I refused to read

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How We Lost Election For Not Bribing INEC, Police – Obasanjo by Advancedman(m): 9:45am On Nov 21, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
Obasanjo should not be the man that will be complaining about election rigging

Do you people have brain at all? I doubt you still read at all.
Re: How We Lost Election For Not Bribing INEC, Police – Obasanjo by Bhol28: 9:46am On Nov 21, 2023
Osoboshi:
Another repentant criminal
EXACTLY
Re: How We Lost Election For Not Bribing INEC, Police – Obasanjo by Akharmony: 9:52am On Nov 21, 2023
See who is speaking. .

1 Like

Re: How We Lost Election For Not Bribing INEC, Police – Obasanjo by seguno2: 9:59am On Nov 21, 2023
Osoboshi:

How and where plus when did he repent from the massive capture/rigging of 2003 and 2007

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How We Lost Election For Not Bribing INEC, Police – Obasanjo by AmazingELixir: 10:13am On Nov 21, 2023
YorubaDemonswag:

How did this answer my questions?

State?

Senatorial district?

Local government?

Ward?

....And in your opinion you think the state house of assembly is not to be reckoned with as you tacitly avoided it to buttress you your skewed narrative.
Re: How We Lost Election For Not Bribing INEC, Police – Obasanjo by MomohMrMoore: 11:04am On Nov 21, 2023
Lol, this man rigged all the elections in the south west. He is and was never popular in the south west. He still lose elections even in his polling booth till today. He rigged his 2nd term election in SW except Lagos that stood its ground. He knows this and thats why he never did any project, any road in the whole of yoruba land for his 8 years. He should just shut up.

1 Like

Re: How We Lost Election For Not Bribing INEC, Police – Obasanjo by casualobserver: 11:32am On Nov 21, 2023
Osoboshi:

If he were repentant, he wouldn’t tell lies in his old age. I keep saying take a deep dive into history, apart from the coup of 1966, Obasanjo is responsible for the greatest setback to the progress of this country.

If he were truly repentant he would keep quiet or express remorse for his mistakes after all we are all humans. Same problem I have with the ibos. The biggest problem we have is the 1966 coup. They keep arguing and justifying it saying it was not Igbo coup. Ok fine, accept you had good intentions but it backfired with unintended consequences and bred mistrust. Apologies to Nigerians for the mistakes but instead they complain and double down and talk of Biafra. The problems you complain about ( and which the rest of us are suffering from) were created by your people.

2 Likes

Re: How We Lost Election For Not Bribing INEC, Police – Obasanjo by Inosky(m): 11:52am On Nov 21, 2023
OBJ is a repentant crim!nal. We all know but your jagajagabandit even at his old age is still an ardent crim!nal. That's the difference. Posterity will be kind to OBJ.
Re: How We Lost Election For Not Bribing INEC, Police – Obasanjo by mastermaestro(m): 12:14pm On Nov 21, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:

I keep reechoing this verifiable fact. Obj lacks moral grounds to complain about rigging. Dude ruined our electoral process.

2 Likes

Re: How We Lost Election For Not Bribing INEC, Police – Obasanjo by Okoroawusa: 12:23pm On Nov 21, 2023
Hahahaha! I don laugh fall for ground...see Obasanjo!

Definitely na kids full that conference that he was saying this...

Hahahaha!

Hahahaha!

Hahahaha!

Ashewo wey change location dey claim new chasis!
Re: How We Lost Election For Not Bribing INEC, Police – Obasanjo by foleskay(m): 12:29pm On Nov 21, 2023
Larryndelaw:
Immediately I daw t he headline and OBj. I refused to read
Why did u then comment. Mumu
Re: How We Lost Election For Not Bribing INEC, Police – Obasanjo by Nonam: 12:34pm On Nov 21, 2023
Amb1045:
I just realized this year, I’m in my 30s already that being a nice friendly person around people is not good. I learned late but I’m grateful for the knowledge. Fxxk me, it hurts my feelings a lot. That’s how humans behave just focus on yourself and let people be🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲☹️☹️☹️. Just don’t be too friendly because everybody wants to take something from you since you’re a good person. Good people die early. Jesus said he’s coming back and he has been back and has been killed severally. Stay wicked and pay back evil with evil. People that you’re kind to will be the first to do you evil

I am glad you learnt your lesson. Next time zip up and don't be friendly to the people around you. But be at ease and show kindness to outsiders.
Re: How We Lost Election For Not Bribing INEC, Police – Obasanjo by prof22(m): 1:23pm On Nov 21, 2023
Re: How We Lost Election For Not Bribing INEC, Police – Obasanjo by Yadid(m): 1:34pm On Nov 21, 2023
Most people commenting here are not taking cognisance of the fact that he was not yet the President when this happened. The year was 1998. His statement attests to the fact that election rigging has been a thing in Nigeria before he assumed power in '99.

It's even childish to think rigging started with Obasanjo. Well, those who are not conversant with the history of elections in Nigeria are free to think so.
Re: How We Lost Election For Not Bribing INEC, Police – Obasanjo by Tonnyray: 1:43pm On Nov 21, 2023
AmazingELixir:
Let me get you properly....after he tore his membership card in 2015 during Jonathan's second term go at the presidency, he endorsed Atiku of PDP in the 2019 presidential elections, then in 2023 he registered with Labour Party to support Peter Obi right?
He resigned as chairman of the Board of Trustees of the PDP as far back as 2012. https://pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/04/03/obasanjo-resigns-as-pdp-bot-chairman/

Tore his PDP membership card in 2015. https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/177051-why-i-directed-pdp-ward-leader-to-tear-my-membership-card-obasanjo.html

Quit active politics as far back as 2017. https://www.channelstv.com/2017/10/17/i-will-not-participate-in-politics-again-obasanjo-says/

Supported Peter Obi in the last election.
https://www.channelstv.com/2023/01/01/obasanjo-endorses-peter-obi-for-2023-presidency-says-lp-candidate-has-an-edge/#:~:text=Former%20President%20Olusegun%20Obasanjo%20and,for%20the%202023%20general%20elections.

By the way you don't need to be a party member to endorse a candidate.
Hope we're clear on that.
Cheers bro.

1 Like

Re: How We Lost Election For Not Bribing INEC, Police – Obasanjo by Tonnyray: 1:46pm On Nov 21, 2023
Yadid:
Most people commenting here are not taking cognisance of the fact that he was not yet the President when this happened. The year was 1998. His statement attests to the fact that election rigging has been a thing in Nigeria before he assumed power in '99.
It's even childish to think rigging started with Obasanjo. Well, those who are not conversant with the history of elections in Nigeria are free to think so.
And the one he presided over in 1979?
Nigeria's lexicon of rigging has OBJ on its every page.
Re: How We Lost Election For Not Bribing INEC, Police – Obasanjo by bhella10: 1:48pm On Nov 21, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
Obasanjo is suffering from selected amnesia
Re: How We Lost Election For Not Bribing INEC, Police – Obasanjo by YorubaDemonswag: 1:59pm On Nov 21, 2023
AmazingELixir:

....And in your opinion you think the state house of assembly is not to be reckoned with as you tacitly avoided it to buttress you your skewed narrative.

I can see that you have no answer
Re: How We Lost Election For Not Bribing INEC, Police – Obasanjo by Jungleluv5: 5:06pm On Nov 21, 2023
Honestly this man needs medical attention I don't understand what he's saying black pot calling kettle black original thief that is talking about bribery. Nonsense old fool
Re: How We Lost Election For Not Bribing INEC, Police – Obasanjo by frog12: 6:24pm On Nov 21, 2023
why didn't he arrest all the bribe takers
Re: How We Lost Election For Not Bribing INEC, Police – Obasanjo by Yadid(m): 6:25pm On Nov 21, 2023
Tonnyray:
And the one he presided over in 1979?
Nigeria's lexicon of rigging has OBJ on its every page.

Shambolic! However, let's not forget that military politics is different from democratic politics. I do not believe he had as much freedom and power over elections in 79 as he did in 99 onward. The military is a different kettle of fish.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Picture Of Bukola Saraki And Godwin Emefiele / Nana Akufo-Addo Tenders Apology For Demolition, Orders Investigation / Senator Maeba: Wike Does Not Have Respect For Elders And Citizens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.