Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,494 members, 7,836,927 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

After 21 Years In US, 9 Years In London, I Found Myself Under Oshodi Bridge - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / After 21 Years In US, 9 Years In London, I Found Myself Under Oshodi Bridge (48806 Views)

Couple Welcome Twins After 21 Years Of Marriage (Photos) / Pastor Divorces Wife Of 21 Years For Sleeping With A Deacon And A Bishop / McCaughey Septuplets: Lady Who Gave Birth To 7 Children 21 Years Ago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After 21 Years In US, 9 Years In London, I Found Myself Under Oshodi Bridge by fuck419: 1:10pm On Nov 21, 2023
This man's case is not complete, he has only told us one side of the whole story. No doubt powers dey and evil people are everywhere irrespective of tribe and people.

I pity people who are tribalistic, if your own people do you, you go know say Devil no belong to any tribe.
Re: After 21 Years In US, 9 Years In London, I Found Myself Under Oshodi Bridge by Eriokanmi: 1:11pm On Nov 21, 2023
advanceDNA:

Baba give us gist.......wetin concern u with atheist
OK, in the 90s, there was a guy from Ibadan, who's been in the US for nearly a decade. He never came home but always in touch with his people back home...sending money, taking care of parents and schooling of siblings, till they graduated and some were gainfully employed. One day in Manhattan, in the US on his way to work in the busy rush hour, somebody called his name...the name which only his parents knew him by, in the crowd. He was surprised and looked back. All of a sudden, he saw a grey-headed old woman who hugged him. She disconnected herself afterwards and entered the crowd. This guy looked everywhere, alas! He was unable to locate the woman as she disappeared.

One week later, he received a letter that the department of homeland security needed to see him. On honouring the invite, they said there's a criminal they've been looking for, for years and his appearance matched his, 95%. There was nothing this guy didn't do to clear himself. All efforts proved abortive. Immediately, his employer wrote to him that, his service wasn't going to be needed anymore. He was arrested and deported to Nigeria.

When he got home, his sister fainted and was rushed to the hospital. She later recovered and said but, he never said he was going to come home cos they were always communicating so she thought she saw his ghost. Later, he was taken to man of God who said the arrow was from home but he will pray hard before being restored. Guy don become prayer warrior, always going to the mountains. Months later, he received a mail that, they were sorry that the real criminal was later found. His neighbour contacted one of his friends in the US so the guy called his family in Nigeria to share the information. His status was restored. Before he travelled back, his employer tendred an apology and reinstated him with huge benefit. The authority also compensated him financially. While some hungry lawyers told him to sue them, he said there was no need as God had vindicated him. End of story.

I pity those who don't believe that village people exist.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: After 21 Years In US, 9 Years In London, I Found Myself Under Oshodi Bridge by Oyindamolah: 1:12pm On Nov 21, 2023
SonOfaRichman:
I watched that video last night on Twitter and I shook my head.

In all you do, never forget to pray
I mean those radical prayer points. The mfm type of prayer. Those fire for fire prayer.

If I begin talk my own!
For the past five years!
Well God has taken over, but yiu see those household enemies?

They are more dangerous than the average kidnapper or Nigerian police, those household enemies would never stop till they render you useless like a used female pad. And guess what, it takes the grace of God before you realize what has actually happened to you.
Some don't until they eventually die.

Its a sad sad world.

The average black man is filled with wickedness and jealousy, they won't succeed and they don't want to see you succeed either. That includes some members of your family.
God help us all.
This is a classical example of an average Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: After 21 Years In US, 9 Years In London, I Found Myself Under Oshodi Bridge by Godmind2022(m): 1:12pm On Nov 21, 2023
advanceDNA:
Everytime I don't want to believe in village pple.... Some weird story like this pops up

grin grin grin grin

Why don't white people accuse village people like Africans?!!! Just tired! πŸ₯± 😲 🀣 πŸ˜‚
Re: After 21 Years In US, 9 Years In London, I Found Myself Under Oshodi Bridge by henrimoto(m): 1:16pm On Nov 21, 2023
kay29000:

That's what I was thinking too.
Sir kay! Even you! You no believe say "Owo Aiye" dey involve ?
Re: After 21 Years In US, 9 Years In London, I Found Myself Under Oshodi Bridge by thesicilian: 1:16pm On Nov 21, 2023
benqo01:

You think it is a joke? Dey play
You actually believe it?
Re: After 21 Years In US, 9 Years In London, I Found Myself Under Oshodi Bridge by Menclothing: 1:16pm On Nov 21, 2023
kay29000:

Same thing I'm thinking

How can you live your child 5 month In Nigeria you didn’t send any money home
Your son now 40 plus

No family member ready to help him because he no help too when he they there

Many Nigerians are abroad doing drugs no investment at home

It’s a foreign country you plan home from day 1 you arrive

1 Like

Re: After 21 Years In US, 9 Years In London, I Found Myself Under Oshodi Bridge by kay29000(m): 1:17pm On Nov 21, 2023
henrimoto:
Sir kay! Even you! You no believe say "Owo Aiye" dey involve ?

Nah
Re: After 21 Years In US, 9 Years In London, I Found Myself Under Oshodi Bridge by henrimoto(m): 1:23pm On Nov 21, 2023
DARLINGTON869:
Your own better. At least you have freedom. I met a guy at Ikoyi prison who was a graduate of Cambridge University London. Guy studied one of the most lucrative courses in the world right now(Artificial intelligence). Dude came back to Nigeria, already pulling strings and trying to become the next big thing. BOOM...What happened, he killed Someone in self defense.
Which year was This.. which year did you meet this person in the Ikoyi prison?
Re: After 21 Years In US, 9 Years In London, I Found Myself Under Oshodi Bridge by advanceDNA: 1:24pm On Nov 21, 2023
Godmind2022:

Why don't white people accuse village people like Africans?!!! Just tired! πŸ₯± 😲 🀣 πŸ˜‚

Simple naaa.....because they don't have village people... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: After 21 Years In US, 9 Years In London, I Found Myself Under Oshodi Bridge by DARLINGTON869(m): 1:34pm On Nov 21, 2023
henrimoto:
Which year was This.. which year did you meet this person in the Ikotun prison?

Middle this year in Ikoyi prison

1 Like

Re: After 21 Years In US, 9 Years In London, I Found Myself Under Oshodi Bridge by Johncuppa(m): 1:34pm On Nov 21, 2023
SonOfaRichman:
I watched that video last night on Twitter and I shook my head.

In all you do, never forget to pray
I mean those radical prayer points. The mfm type of prayer. Those fire for fire prayer.

If I begin talk my own!
For the past five years!
Well God has taken over, but yiu see those household enemies?

They are more dangerous than the average kidnapper or Nigerian police, those household enemies would never stop till they render you useless like a used female pad. And guess what, it takes the grace of God before you realize what has actually happened to you.
Some don't until they eventually die.

Its a sad sad world.

The average black man is filled with wickedness and jealousy, they won't succeed and they don't want to see you succeed either. That includes some members of your family.
God help us all.
Most educated and elites still believe this thing is a myth. Until people experience it, spirituality is difficult to explain

1 Like

Re: After 21 Years In US, 9 Years In London, I Found Myself Under Oshodi Bridge by Allisgud: 1:35pm On Nov 21, 2023
This remind me of my elder brother who was sign to a football club back then in 1991 at his teenage age to a Spanish club,but everytime they have a match the next day he will dream in the night he has injury,that was how he was benched in reality

2 Likes

Re: After 21 Years In US, 9 Years In London, I Found Myself Under Oshodi Bridge by Abagworo(m): 1:42pm On Nov 21, 2023
He has mental disorder and particularly schizophrenia.
Re: After 21 Years In US, 9 Years In London, I Found Myself Under Oshodi Bridge by PoliteActivist: 1:54pm On Nov 21, 2023
advanceDNA:

Sigh!!

U can tag it wateva name u like.....just keep ur condescending shiit to yourself

Lance008:

Mental illness start with village people

You see?! See the guy's mindset: "mental illness start with village people"!
We joke about these things but these are what keep Africans believing in nonsense and therefore perpetually backwards. Instead of spending time on real solutions, they're preoccupied with juju, "spiritual", hocus pocus, village people!
Re: After 21 Years In US, 9 Years In London, I Found Myself Under Oshodi Bridge by advanceDNA: 1:57pm On Nov 21, 2023
PoliteActivist:

You see?! See the guy's mindset: mental illness start with village people!
We joke about these things but these are what keep Africans believing in nonsense and therefore perpetually backwards. Instead of spending time on real solutions, they're preoccupied with juju, "spiritual", hocus pocus, village people!

Madam...keep all this ur condescending behavior to your self.......pple can't joke anymore without u trying to bring ur I too sabi mouth into it......

. Nobody cares what u think....

1 Like

Re: After 21 Years In US, 9 Years In London, I Found Myself Under Oshodi Bridge by henrimoto(m): 2:14pm On Nov 21, 2023
Allisgud:
This remind me of my elder brother who was sign to a football club back then in 1991 at his teenage age to a Spanish club,but everytime they have a match the next day he will dream in the night he has injury,that was how he was benched in reality
What happened later in his life , did he overcome the injury dream ?
Re: After 21 Years In US, 9 Years In London, I Found Myself Under Oshodi Bridge by godofuck231: 2:24pm On Nov 21, 2023
So you leave family for how many years go abroad, then expect all to de well with you, the jazz man when do the juju no try at all
Re: After 21 Years In US, 9 Years In London, I Found Myself Under Oshodi Bridge by ellizy(m): 2:34pm On Nov 21, 2023
advanceDNA:
Everytime I don't want to believe in village pple.... Some weird story like this pops up

grin grin grin grin
It's hard to believe village people esist if God be for you!
God no go let you see the other side of life....

1 Like

Re: After 21 Years In US, 9 Years In London, I Found Myself Under Oshodi Bridge by eepeepook: 2:35pm On Nov 21, 2023
That man is suffering from schizophrenia. He needs medicine to get himself together before proper help is administered.
Re: After 21 Years In US, 9 Years In London, I Found Myself Under Oshodi Bridge by koning: 3:16pm On Nov 21, 2023
xjiggy:
I want to believe he's saying the truth because we have a high percentage of Nigerians in foreign countries wasting away only to come back and give stories like this. I have an Uncle who left this country since 1994 and has not step foot in this country. No wife no children of note. People keep sightings him in clubs in Italy and Austria. Niggy is in his early sixties.

There is nothing wrong with your uncle. He is living his life the way he chose to. This African belief that a man must have a wife and children is complete scam. There are many super white rich men and womwn who are not married, nor have children. The most popular being Oprah Winfery.
Let the man choose how he wants to live his life. Knowing what i know now, i for no fall for that pressure of "wife and children" I would have been balling like your uncle, but not in Italy and Austria, but in Nigeria- Lagos and Abuja.

The life of a single, rich man in Nigeria is bliss. Ponder that for a moment.
Re: After 21 Years In US, 9 Years In London, I Found Myself Under Oshodi Bridge by geoworldedu: 3:32pm On Nov 21, 2023
Eriokanmi:
OK, in the 90s, there was a guy from Ibadan, who's been in the US for nearly a decade. He never came home but always in touch with his people back home...sending money, taking care of parents and schooling of siblings, till they graduated and some were gainfully employed. One day in Manhattan, in the US on his way to work in the busy rush hour, somebody called his name...the name which only his parents knew him by, in the crowd. He was surprised and looked back. All of a sudden, he saw a grey-headed old woman who hugged him. She disconnected herself afterwards and entered the crowd. This guy looked everywhere, alas! He was unable to locate the woman as she disappeared.

One week later, he received a letter that the department of homeland security needed to see him. On honouring the invite, they said there's a criminal they've been looking for, for years and his appearance matched his, 95%. There was nothing this guy didn't do to clear himself. All efforts proved abortive. Immediately, his employer wrote to him that, his service wasn't going to be needed anymore. He was arrested and deported to Nigeria.

When he got home, his sister fainted and was rushed to the hospital. She later recovered and said but, he never said he was going to come home cos they were always communicating so she thought she saw his ghost. Later, he was taken to man of God who said the arrow was from home but he will pray hard before being restored. Guy don become prayer warrior, always going to the mountains. Months later, he received a mail that, they were sorry that the real criminal was later found. His neighbour contacted one of his friends in the US so the guy called his family in Nigeria to share the information. His status was restored. Before he travelled back, his employer tendred an apology and reinstated him with huge benefit. The authority also compensated him financially. While some hungry lawyers told him to sue them, he said there was no need as God had vindicated him. End of story.

In everything that happened to this story character, there isn't any village person's action in it, so why roping and victimising village People na?
Re: After 21 Years In US, 9 Years In London, I Found Myself Under Oshodi Bridge by Donmaro5: 3:42pm On Nov 21, 2023
This story is looks deceitful, welcome to reality
Re: After 21 Years In US, 9 Years In London, I Found Myself Under Oshodi Bridge by Allisgud: 3:54pm On Nov 21, 2023
henrimoto:
What happened later in his life , did he overcome the injury dream ?
until he gave up his football aspiration before he stop dreaming

1 Like

Re: After 21 Years In US, 9 Years In London, I Found Myself Under Oshodi Bridge by LalastiklaIa(m): 3:54pm On Nov 21, 2023
conscienceman4:
When you invite them to church when things are rosy, they will just laugh at you.
There's more to this physical life.

No be only church.

How many church Seun of nairaland dey go

Or How many church Elon musk dey go?
Re: After 21 Years In US, 9 Years In London, I Found Myself Under Oshodi Bridge by LalastiklaIa(m): 3:58pm On Nov 21, 2023
chipower:

Yes oo. I had someone like that. He was living abroad. Whenever I would advise him to pray always, he would start chest beating - " No man can do anything to me, I don't believe in all these things. Etc". Nigerians don't value advice of someone whom they believe they are better than financially.
I really tried to reason with him but he wouldn't let me.
Last February, he collapsed and died. Nothing was wrong with him prior to that incident.
It was a shock to everyone. His autopsy was inconclusive.
He was a very good man but he was not involved in any spiritual exercise. I miss him a lot.
Women are better when it comes to looking for spiritual solutions to problems. Men will delay and beat their chest until it's almost too late. May God help us.

I don't believe in all these things too undecided
Re: After 21 Years In US, 9 Years In London, I Found Myself Under Oshodi Bridge by EEIA: 4:03pm On Nov 21, 2023
advanceDNA:

grin grin grin grin
Him village people stroooooooong grin
Re: After 21 Years In US, 9 Years In London, I Found Myself Under Oshodi Bridge by bigcasava1(m): 4:03pm On Nov 21, 2023
If you marry a good wife she's the only trust worthy friend, and companion you have, your brothers and sisters even mother except father will fight you. They want to control ur property, marriage, and they will not love children. This is what am passing through right now but thank God I married a good wife
Re: After 21 Years In US, 9 Years In London, I Found Myself Under Oshodi Bridge by Bablarry(m): 4:04pm On Nov 21, 2023
Eriokanmi:

All I can say is that [/i]things dey occur for this life[i].

I marvel at many comments refuting dark and evil power.

I was once like that till close folks experienced the unbelievable.

Two aunts doing well in the US were [i][/i]recalled home in the late 90s and you'd never believe that they had ever set foot outside this country let alone spend years in the US before if you see them today.

Another Egbon Adugbo lost his mother, the only surviving parent as at then while I was in the university; and bros will still receive credit alert every fortnight in his mother's name.

He was catered for by my dad (and his siblings). The credit alert will always be the exact amount he needs per time and that got Egbon Adugbo even more disturbed.

Of course the family never believed until he brought bank statement for uncles and relatives.

Trust my people! They fact checked without informing one another and it was true.

The transaction went on for over a year and one day he called home to inform us that a neighbor who goes on a frequent business trip to Cameroon had an urgent need to seal a business deal in a town in Nigeria (but bordering Cameroon).

The neighbor bumped into Egbon Adugbo's mother. She was fully settled with businesses and a rented house.

Of course the neighbor on business trip, collected the Egbon Adugbo's mum address with the intention of visiting when he goes to that axis again.

Guess what, Egbon Adugbo's mum gave money to the neighbor to give her son once he makes it back to South West.

The neighbor was shocked when he visited the family house and learnt that Egbon Adugbo's mum died over 2 years before they met.

Neighbor reached out to his business associate he visited to help check up the address given to him by Egbon Adugbo's mother but learnt she had packed out with no one knowing where she moved to.

Egbon Adugbo doesn't receive funds directly to the bank again but I'm certain the dead mother still orchestrates some unexplainable favours he gets still date.

I tried to be discrete as those involved are regular visitors to nairaland.

See, there are forces and realms ooo... _Na as you experience am reach na so you go fit talk_

As I was typing I remembered when I had my first child in a teaching hospital.

I never knew the shortcut/ fast route I take often when running errands was the morgue until I saw something that was unlikely around 2-3 am while I was doing prayer-walk.

I related it to a young nurse while we were chatting during one of their ward rounds.

The staff said, you passed the morgue Sir and what you saw can not be ruled out. Meaning it's a "normal occurrence"

The staff's response...gave me chills.

Another experience:

I'm very disciplined with giving. I don't give money to anyone that literally begs for it. You had to have a convincing need for me to do so.

I decided to break my journey to bits to be faster while on a trip back to school many years ago.

I was already seated in a vehicle in the park but I shut the windows beside me as I didn't want anyone begging for alms to disturb. I opened the windows after their usual rounds of soliciting for arms but one woman caught me off guard and I decided to leave the glass unclosed but chose not to give.

While she was leaving after several attempts to get me to give her money, she said in local dialect "your parents named you *[/b]xxxxx[b]
meaning blessing and success, why not bless me". Of course, *[/b]xxxxx[b] is my birth name and I had no choice but to call her back and bless her.

Yes! There are many experiences of them.

I'm not a fanatic but there comes a time in one's life when you know that doing good alone may not keep you from evil and that's the point where you have to believe there are bigger force at play.

Ps: I rarely talk on forums but I just had to push the above out.

Apologies for my lengthy post and possible errors.

2 Likes

Re: After 21 Years In US, 9 Years In London, I Found Myself Under Oshodi Bridge by Edusouls(m): 4:07pm On Nov 21, 2023
Kingjbase:

Do you have any experiences. Or you have read books to know this? Please give me some info
of course many experiences, I was doubtful of the spiritual when I was growing up, but now as an adult I realized that infact we humans inhabit a realm and existence we only know 2% about, the remaining 98% is unknown to us..a very fair and handsome man that bakes and distributes very delicious meat pie in my area and on nearby market, dissapeared into the thin air on January 4th this year at the market center causing chaos and anxiety, her female relative saw him and called him, this is a neighbor I see daily, story has it that he died at a northern state came down here married with kids with a very pretty wife, these are people everyone sees daily, the market a very popular market were the incidence occurred hurriedly shut down in the afternoon hours out of panic
Re: After 21 Years In US, 9 Years In London, I Found Myself Under Oshodi Bridge by PoliteActivist: 4:08pm On Nov 21, 2023
advanceDNA:

Madam...keep all this ur condescending behavior to your self.......pple can't joke anymore without u trying to bring ur I too sabi mouth into it......

. Nobody cares what u think....

Oh, it is my compulsive LIAR friend!!πŸ˜† Didn't even check the moniker!
Did you check out that book I recommended? It will really help your condition. It may not cure it, but it'll help a lot.
Here it is again:

Re: After 21 Years In US, 9 Years In London, I Found Myself Under Oshodi Bridge by PoliteActivist: 4:22pm On Nov 21, 2023
advanceDNA:

Simple naaa.....because they don't have village people... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜…
Good one

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What A Woman Can Do (photo) / She Forgive Her Rapist But Cannot Forgive Her Husband. / No Court Marriage. Must We Separate By Going Through Divorce In Court?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.