Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,432 members, 7,954,716 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:50 AM

Samson Siasia Sacked. Next Super Eagles Coach To Be Chosen Next Week - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Samson Siasia Sacked. Next Super Eagles Coach To Be Chosen Next Week (14688 Views)

Nigerian Foreign Coach To Earn $50,000 A Month / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / This Is How The Next Super Eagles Team Should Be (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samson Siasia Sacked. Next Super Eagles Coach To Be Chosen Next Week by pally212(m): 9:30pm On Oct 28, 2011
samson siasia sees fire because of his unforgiving heart
Re: Samson Siasia Sacked. Next Super Eagles Coach To Be Chosen Next Week by Augustinaz(m): 9:38pm On Oct 28, 2011
http://priznet.com/ is a B2B website where you can post your trade leads for free and get buyers and sellers for your products and requirements. Register for free at www.priznet.com
Re: Samson Siasia Sacked. Next Super Eagles Coach To Be Chosen Next Week by Nobody: 9:39pm On Oct 28, 2011
Siasia messed up, why didn't he call Enyeama when we needed him the most in a crucial match, the most experienced goalkeeper and the best we had, even I think he's was one of the best goalie at the 2010 World Cup.

He deserves to be sacked, he couldn't qualify us for the Nation's Cup, that's below expectation even a wack coach will get us through to the Nations Cup, if he's having problems with about 4 players then he is the main problem, he's too young to handle the national team.

Let him come back in the next 10 years, by then he'll be more matured to handle the Super Eagles!

Been to proud bastardized his coaching career at the national level
Re: Samson Siasia Sacked. Next Super Eagles Coach To Be Chosen Next Week by omo9ja1(m): 9:46pm On Oct 28, 2011
hmmmm am so happy Sia got fired smiley
Re: Samson Siasia Sacked. Next Super Eagles Coach To Be Chosen Next Week by gascoign1(m): 10:04pm On Oct 28, 2011
I guess if Amodu was given the same chance and salary Siasia had, he would have done more, Siasia was just a coach for little boys not a manager, we need need a manager that can coach and instill discipline in the team
Re: Samson Siasia Sacked. Next Super Eagles Coach To Be Chosen Next Week by infofta(m): 10:11pm On Oct 28, 2011
Siasia is a good Coach. He has unforgiving attitude. He is ready to play a match without a goalkeeper if all his keepers has offended him. He is too over disciplined.
Re: Samson Siasia Sacked. Next Super Eagles Coach To Be Chosen Next Week by mikepeace(m): 10:18pm On Oct 28, 2011
It is a good decission to fire siasia because he was handling the team so personal, if not why should Vincent Enyema be kept out for such crutial game just because u want to show that u are the coach. yes he has the power to keep anybody out but he should have known how important our first keeper should be in such crutial game and use him instead of such an owful keeper who could not make any save. I want NFF to also sack Ike shoromu because i leant that he was the one who recomend that owful keeper that was used for that game.
Re: Samson Siasia Sacked. Next Super Eagles Coach To Be Chosen Next Week by MeGaStReEt: 10:30pm On Oct 28, 2011
. . . and what happened to the pregnant women that failed on the pitch?
Re: Samson Siasia Sacked. Next Super Eagles Coach To Be Chosen Next Week by kcjazz(m): 10:47pm On Oct 28, 2011
Kai so now NFF needs to stick with contract stipulations? tongue The same NFF that mispelled Michael for Mikel, the same one that has being reported to FIFA for breaching contracts in the past and paying foreign coaches compensation? What happened to reviewing contracts?
Am happy that by this time next year we will be talking about sacking Keshi and Oliseh, who I must say have far bigger egos than Siasia and are not better.

Our best coach in this country thrived on continuity. Good bye Super Eagles!
Re: Samson Siasia Sacked. Next Super Eagles Coach To Be Chosen Next Week by zerocool(m): 11:09pm On Oct 28, 2011
Right decision by the NFF, let siasia go back to the U.S and coach college boys.
Re: Samson Siasia Sacked. Next Super Eagles Coach To Be Chosen Next Week by hugafella(m): 11:34pm On Oct 28, 2011
Siasia was building a team. You sack a coach for instilling discilpline? thats so sad. u r simply telling the world that ur players are the lords. Sorry for Nigerian football. maybe siasia should have come to kick the ball into an empty net for osaze , who miraculously regained his form for his club shortly after. We have no national team. what we have are a bunch of arrogant players, with stinking attitudes, who believe they can hold the coach, the nff and a football loving nation to ransome. Nonsesne!
Re: Samson Siasia Sacked. Next Super Eagles Coach To Be Chosen Next Week by tosinaded(m): 11:44pm On Oct 28, 2011
yet again, our football will suffer for the selfishness of the NFF . . the confusion of the fans, the ineptitude of the the players etc

Amodu qualified us for the W/C he got sacked. . .

we won 3 consecutive bronze medals at the ACN . . we complained that we needed to build a new team

the last one we didnt even get a bronze, the coach was sacked . .

we qualified for the WC again in 2010 . . thanks to Tunisia's fumble . . we still sacked the coach and brought in Lagerback!

we went to the WC, the stupidity of Kaita and the Mistake by Yakubu cost us the next round, Lagerback was sacked.  

Eguavoen was made interim coach for our qualifiers, he lost the first match, drew the second match . . he got sacked

Siasia that could av been brought in b4 the qualifiers started was then brought in to replace Eguavoen . .  he didnt qualify for the ACN, now he's fired.

Our football will continue to suffer, because the structure of the NFF is terrible . . and there is no continuity!

hOW CAN WE HAVE 8 COACHES IN 9 YEARS?

NFF has no focus, and the fans also, we dnt know wut we want!

For once we got tired of bronze medals, and asked for a rebuild . .  siasia came and obviously made some changes in the team . . he failed to qualify, and suddenly we av changed our voice again! altleast Amodu used to qualify us and bla bla. . .

GIVE AN AVERAGE COACH THE RIGHT FEDERATION STRUCTURE AND ENOUGH TIME TO BUILD A NEW TEAM AND WE WILL BE BETTER OFF . .

P.S : siasia was really naive to av signed the ridiculous contract he signed with the NFF tho . . .

As for Amokachi and Oliseh, all i see are is greed! hungry and jealous men who wants Siasia's job just for the pay, and not for the growth of football!
every sane nigerian knows that the problem has never been the coaches.

God bless Nigeria
Re: Samson Siasia Sacked. Next Super Eagles Coach To Be Chosen Next Week by tosinaded(m): 12:05am On Oct 29, 2011
to think that siasia was owed 2months salary during the Guinea game

John oBuh owed 13months salary

Uche Ucheria was owed up to 2years salary till a few weeks ago . . yet her so called foreign assistant who did nothing to that team was being paid well on time!

and u think the coaches are the problems?

Enyima had a continental match, a must win in Aba esp after losing 1nil in morroco . . . instead of the NFL to give them enough time to prepare, NO they didnt instead they lined up 3 outstanding Premier league mathes for them in 8 days! they lost two of the matches, and still lost the 2nd leg of the Champions league!

and u think the coaches are our problems?
Re: Samson Siasia Sacked. Next Super Eagles Coach To Be Chosen Next Week by Gbenge77(m): 12:35am On Oct 29, 2011
Good move but i have to say that the NFF BOARD is a collossal failure.
Re: Samson Siasia Sacked. Next Super Eagles Coach To Be Chosen Next Week by markovnikoff001(m): 12:43am On Oct 29, 2011
Scientists have just made a breakthrough! They identified a part of the brain that aids bowel movements and they have named it the FAECAL LOBE, and they also found out that there is a tendency for people of low intelligence to use this part of the brain for thought actions rather than that for which it is meant. I have finally found proof of that right here on Nairaland: people that believe the sack of Siasia is the best move the NFF could have made!
Re: Samson Siasia Sacked. Next Super Eagles Coach To Be Chosen Next Week by yewawa: 1:17am On Oct 29, 2011
i hope all of you that want him sacked are happy now, we shall see what

happen next.Anyway, SIASIA i admire you for the fact that you are a no nonsense coach,if some people now hate you because you disciplined some big headed players and that cost us the ticket to the Nations cup,lets wait and see what happen to the same players when they spit on the face of the old MAFIA they are clamouring for, SIA ONE be happy, and my advice for you is to always find an escape route before you sign any contract in future.SIA ONE!, i like you for your no nonsense attitude, GOD dey bro.
Re: Samson Siasia Sacked. Next Super Eagles Coach To Be Chosen Next Week by mArIoSuPeR: 5:41am On Oct 29, 2011
so who will be our next coach, keshi, oliseh?
Re: Samson Siasia Sacked. Next Super Eagles Coach To Be Chosen Next Week by chiegwu(m): 6:17am On Oct 29, 2011
abeg its good jor i happy as dey sack am atleast all the ones wey we dey get before we they qualify even though na third we dey go carry, come to think about it who go carry third this time self
Re: Samson Siasia Sacked. Next Super Eagles Coach To Be Chosen Next Week by Nyntynplus: 6:50am On Oct 29, 2011
Even better,
Re: Samson Siasia Sacked. Next Super Eagles Coach To Be Chosen Next Week by BabaO2: 7:03am On Oct 29, 2011
It is now obvious that the clique in NFF never wanted Siasia during the interview, now the coast is clear for them to install keshi their puppet. The contract terms must not be changed and must not be flexible to extend and accommodate keshi's failure. Haters and criminals
Re: Samson Siasia Sacked. Next Super Eagles Coach To Be Chosen Next Week by omogidi234(m): 7:32am On Oct 29, 2011
Good talk guys.

You all will remember the Large contingent to the last FIFA WC in SA and the amount of USD wasted on "allawe". Anyway NFF and Eagle will not be in AFCON, that means no "allawe" and you expect them to be nice to SIA, mba!

Well I think SIA failed outrightly and he should be rebuked or something as against sacking him, but I do not think sacking coaches frequently will do us good

By the way SIA one is from Bayelsa State, (well don't tell anybody I said this oh, the SAGA between Hon Minister of Transport and NIMASA DG, the Hon Minister rubbised the DG and did all sorts, Presi didn't say a word but in a swift reaction the following week moved the Hon Minister to another non- juicy ministry- the lesson "don't mess with Presi guys"wink. Presi will not interfare with NFF's decision but they should be ready for the consequence.

Legally, I think the contract can be ammended to accomodate SIA being in the saddle for the next 4 years irrespective of the AFCON ouster.
Re: Samson Siasia Sacked. Next Super Eagles Coach To Be Chosen Next Week by koolman: 7:33am On Oct 29, 2011
Some fraudulent and dubious officials in NFF eat from 'HIRE AND FIRE'.
This is the reason why we cannot make any headway in football in Nigeria.
Let them keep hiring and firing,we have lost interest,confidence and hope in them since long time river Niger.
People Deceiving People. PDP
Re: Samson Siasia Sacked. Next Super Eagles Coach To Be Chosen Next Week by Soocool1(m): 7:50am On Oct 29, 2011
FOOLISH NFF. Motto: Fire and Hire
Re: Samson Siasia Sacked. Next Super Eagles Coach To Be Chosen Next Week by koolman: 8:34am On Oct 29, 2011
Before the end of the year our dear NFF officials who are also tourism ministers will travel to Europe in search of a new coach.
On their way, they will stop over in DUBAI and cool-off for some days before continuing their journey.
When they find someone,they will also travel again to go and interview the prospective new coach in his own house.
They will stay at the most expensive hotel in Dubai and eat the most expensive dishes. The cost is of no concern to anyone.
HABA! I wonder how you think we can progress with those kind of people there.Our football is completely finished.
Re: Samson Siasia Sacked. Next Super Eagles Coach To Be Chosen Next Week by JaaizTech: 9:22am On Oct 29, 2011
we have hired/fired 11 coaches in 11 years without getting the desired result or performance we wanted; and yet in our biggest wisdom the next best thing to do is to repeat the same thing we have done 11 times in 11 years without achieving our aim. Isn't this stupid
Re: Samson Siasia Sacked. Next Super Eagles Coach To Be Chosen Next Week by hercules07: 11:26am On Oct 29, 2011
Nigerians are funny, Siasia did not meet the conditions of his contract, he should be fired, I do not mind his disciplinarian side, the problem is it is not backed by a coaching brain.
Re: Samson Siasia Sacked. Next Super Eagles Coach To Be Chosen Next Week by mobf: 5:40pm On Oct 29, 2011
hercules07:

Nigerians are funny, Siasia did not meet the conditions of his contract, he should be fired, I do not mind his disciplinarian side, the problem is it is not backed by a coaching brain.
Gbam!
Re: Samson Siasia Sacked. Next Super Eagles Coach To Be Chosen Next Week by mallorca(m): 7:16pm On Oct 29, 2011
hercules07:

May Allah reward you for this comment, your also invited to rejoice with me in a get together party with my friends who are Mikel Obi,Victor Anichebe,Dickson Etuhu,Haruna Lukman,Vicent Enyema,Osaze Odewinger,Yakubu Ayegbeni,Obafemi Martins,Chidi Odiah,Yusuf Mohamed,Rabiu Ibrahim,Sani kaita,brown Ideye.check ur inbox for date n venue, for more information contact Daniel da Bull Amokachi Via facebook n Twitter.Gracias!!!
Re: Samson Siasia Sacked. Next Super Eagles Coach To Be Chosen Next Week by bong4(m): 7:47pm On Oct 29, 2011
Hmm na wao oh!!! I prefer a disciplined Eagles to an over bloated set of average players. Osaze stood face to face with the goal keeper and all he did was to throw the ball to the thin air. You blame the coach. He went back to his club with injury and scored a goal. Mikel is saying that Nigeria not going to the Nations cup is a blessing in disguise since it will allow him focus on his club. I think those players connived to do this to Siasia and that is where i have a problem with Siasia. He would have gone for a totally new set of players instead of settling the same set of lethargic guys that do nothing but play hypertension football for Nigeria. If you bring Keshi, then we are going back to the old era. What Nigeria needs now is a coach that will give us a break from the old block. The present Super Eagles team should be scrapped from enteama to mikel to osaze, everyone of them should be left out to focus on their club.
Re: Samson Siasia Sacked. Next Super Eagles Coach To Be Chosen Next Week by otokx(m): 8:53pm On Oct 29, 2011
hope they are not owing him too much cash?
Re: Samson Siasia Sacked. Next Super Eagles Coach To Be Chosen Next Week by mallorca(m): 9:20pm On Oct 29, 2011
bong4:

Hmm na wao oh!!! I prefer a disciplined Eagles to an over bloated set of average players. Osaze stood face to face with the goal keeper and all he did was to throw the ball to the thin air. You blame the coach. He went back to his club with injury and scored a goal. Mikel is saying that Nigeria not going to the Nations cup is a blessing in disguise since it will allow him focus on his club. I think those players connived to do this to Siasia and that is where i have a problem with Siasia. He would have gone for a totally new set of players instead of settling the same set of lethargic guys that do nothing but play hypertension football for Nigeria. If you bring Keshi, then we are going back to the old era. What Nigeria needs now is a coach that will give us a break from the old block. The present Super Eagles team should be scrapped from enteama to mikel to osaze, everyone of them should be left out to focus on their club.
85% of current Supper Eagles players doesnt want to play for him SiaSia.
Re: Samson Siasia Sacked. Next Super Eagles Coach To Be Chosen Next Week by montelik(m): 8:22am On Oct 31, 2011
otokx:

hope they are not owing him too much cash?

D NFF are usually always owing local coaches when dismissed. Though I doubt they will be owing him much (maybe a month or two at most) as Sia1 would have declared it to press and then d fans would forced them to pay up. At least that was until he messed up d ANC ticket.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jesse Lingard Named EPL Player Of The Month For April / Super Eagles Squad Arrive In Kigali Ahead Of Their Match With Rwanda (video) / Novak Djokovic Beats Rafael Nadal To Win Australian Open Men's Final (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.