Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

Who Else Is Having Problems With Loading IKEDC Token? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Else Is Having Problems With Loading IKEDC Token? (30409 Views)

IKEDC Unveils Lagos Areas Getting 20-24 Hours Power Supply / Update: Does Anyone Else Have Problems Loading IKEDC Token? / Why Electricity Is Cut When There Is A Rainstorm In Nigeria - IKEDC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Else Is Having Problems With Loading IKEDC Token? by ogundeleai(m): 6:43pm On Nov 23, 2023
Beremx:
For some weeks now, Ikeja Electric have been talking about its customers upgrading their meters. It seems the upgrading is causing lot of problems because their customers have been finding it difficult to load tokens thereby putting them in darkness.

After loading the KCT tokens that was generated from their website and loading the tokens purchased by the customers, subsequent loading of tokens have become unbearable because the meters keep rejecting the tokens. I have been trying to load a token all to no avail.

I am calling out IKEDC to stop stressing Nigerians with their ineffective upgrade. They are not responding to mails, WhatsApp and their social media pages.

Who else is experiencing same please? I'm so angry right now!

IKEDC, stop stressing Nigerians please!! angry angry
The experience certain categories of ibadan resident have been battling with since August..
What they will tell you is that your prepaid meter has been categorise as old and can't accept the new token.... Subsequently, you will be return to post paid arrangement and by the time we enter new year your bill would have accumulated to several thousands.. The said token for upgrade is malware design to render certain category of meter ineffective.. They are not comfortable with prepaid meters

1 Like

Re: Who Else Is Having Problems With Loading IKEDC Token? by africoders18: 6:46pm On Nov 23, 2023
Devil is a liar, I just tried loading now, same thing and I did that upgrade thingy.
Re: Who Else Is Having Problems With Loading IKEDC Token? by TheDemola: 6:50pm On Nov 23, 2023
Beremx:
yes I did it and it was successful. Now trying to load another token is where the problem is. I am unable to load another token and it's saying reject

Maybe you should generate another KCT from their site again
Re: Who Else Is Having Problems With Loading IKEDC Token? by TheDemola: 6:53pm On Nov 23, 2023
HeatSeeker:

The next of kin is not in the Country.

Whoever is collecting the rent should drop his NIN for linking. Whose name is on the prepaid meter?

Don't try using your NIN to link because you won't able to use your NIN on another meter. Only landlords can link multiple meters
Re: Who Else Is Having Problems With Loading IKEDC Token? by TheDemola: 7:00pm On Nov 23, 2023
africoders18:
Devil is a liar, I just tried loading now, same thing and I did that upgrade thingy.

Go and generate KCT from their website
Re: Who Else Is Having Problems With Loading IKEDC Token? by Daddycoded: 7:06pm On Nov 23, 2023
This thing is quite simple
Spent just 15mins doing after I was put back on the database
Re: Who Else Is Having Problems With Loading IKEDC Token? by MichealOlajide: 7:10pm On Nov 23, 2023
Me too..my Grandma had to call me when she couldn't load it...
Re: Who Else Is Having Problems With Loading IKEDC Token? by Akano5(m): 7:11pm On Nov 23, 2023
Useless people, what's the essence of linking NIN with that nonsense.
Doesn't the prepaid meters have details when being registered in the first place..

If they want to use NIN for everything, didn't they know how to make things easier??

That's how one will be going to court stamping the guarantor form -- once you have NIN you should automatically be qualified to your get your passport without stress But No, they have vowed to make Nigerians suffer....

This politicians are too wicked even animals are more better than them..

2 Likes

Re: Who Else Is Having Problems With Loading IKEDC Token? by Ajokeade17: 7:22pm On Nov 23, 2023
Use *7024# send as text message to mtn or glo. The network provider will deduct #20 as charges. Follow their instructions and get your two kct send to you as text message and be happy
dominique:
I was able to successfully link my neighbour's KYC token and helped them load their meter. E reach my turn, they said we should go and validate NIN, something we've already done at least a month ago😭. My husband wants to go to their office I told him not to try it. With the traffic on their social media pages complaining of same issue, the crowd at their offices will be ×10. We'll start from scratch which is linking the meter with NIN. Hopefully it will generate our KYC token this time around. Thank God we still have sufficient units.

1 Like

Re: Who Else Is Having Problems With Loading IKEDC Token? by Appliedmaths(m): 7:22pm On Nov 23, 2023
I think they have disabled the website to direct Nigerians to their office for extortion.

The NIN linking isn't even working, talk more of the KTC stuff...

This is absolute madness...

Until we revolt again, they would understand.
Re: Who Else Is Having Problems With Loading IKEDC Token? by femi4: 7:29pm On Nov 23, 2023
Beremx:
For some weeks now, Ikeja Electric have been talking about its customers upgrading their meters. It seems the upgrading is causing lot of problems because their customers have been finding it difficult to load tokens thereby putting them in darkness.

After loading the KCT tokens that was generated from their website and loading the tokens purchased by the customers, subsequent loading of tokens have become unbearable because the meters keep rejecting the tokens. I have been trying to load a token all to no avail.

I am calling out IKEDC to stop stressing Nigerians with their ineffective upgrade. They are not responding to mails, WhatsApp and their social media pages.

Who else is experiencing same please? I'm so angry right now!

IKEDC, stop stressing Nigerians please!! angry angry
Change the socket outlet. Use the one close to the distribution box or electrical pole, it should work

1 Like

Re: Who Else Is Having Problems With Loading IKEDC Token? by dharmie13(f): 7:41pm On Nov 23, 2023
The KTC 1$2 is working on some prepaid meter while some meters are writing reject....some meters users are lucky this period y some are finding it difficult even after all instructions have been carried out
Re: Who Else Is Having Problems With Loading IKEDC Token? by Lightorder: 7:46pm On Nov 23, 2023
HeatSeeker:

Yeah, I think this is the problem. But how can I link my NIN when I am not the owner of the building and the landlord has passed away? I wonder what they are trying to achieve with this useless idea? 🤦🏼
just use your NIN for it . It is not that serious, using it.
Re: Who Else Is Having Problems With Loading IKEDC Token? by Yampotatocarrot(m): 7:53pm On Nov 23, 2023
I had same issue... First token after upgrade worked perfectly, after that unit finished, tried loading it again and it wasn't going through... Was showing exactly the same thing OP posted.

Had to go to the office and get an official's contact... He sent me my Keychange codes and I had to press them

After pressing the first 20 digits, it showed ✓... Then, I proceeded to press the second 20 digits code and it showed [/b]done[b]... At this point, I now imputed the new token that wasn't loading before and, boom, it worked

Note that I didn't press enter or any other button after pressing the keychange codes... On pressing the 20th digit, it automatically enters by itself and displays the results I posted up there

1 Like

Re: Who Else Is Having Problems With Loading IKEDC Token? by Beremx(f): 8:06pm On Nov 23, 2023
femi4:
Change the socket outlet. Use the one close to the distribution box or electrical pole, it should work
I will try this tomorrow. Thanks
Re: Who Else Is Having Problems With Loading IKEDC Token? by Beremx(f): 8:07pm On Nov 23, 2023
TheDemola:

Maybe you should generate another KCT from their site again
did it severally and it didn't work. Thanks
Re: Who Else Is Having Problems With Loading IKEDC Token? by Beremx(f): 8:08pm On Nov 23, 2023
ogundeleai:

The experience certain categories of ibadan resident have been battling with since August..
What they will tell you is that your prepaid meter has been categorise as old and can't accept the new token.... Subsequently, you will be return to post paid arrangement and by the time we enter new year your bill would have accumulated to several thousands.. The said token for upgrade is malware design to render certain category of meter ineffective.. They are not comfortable with prepaid meters
hmmm interesting. We are watching.
Re: Who Else Is Having Problems With Loading IKEDC Token? by Beremx(f): 8:09pm On Nov 23, 2023
Caseless:
Go and buy from any of their offices and they'd give you key change.
well the office I went today said they can't do anything..

1 Like

Re: Who Else Is Having Problems With Loading IKEDC Token? by dharmie13(f): 8:10pm On Nov 23, 2023
Guess ur meter is Longi meter or EDMI
Beremx:
Re: Who Else Is Having Problems With Loading IKEDC Token? by Beremx(f): 8:14pm On Nov 23, 2023
dharmie13:
Guess ur meter is Longi meter or EDMI
does it have anything to do with unable to load? I haven't really checked the type of meter I have
Re: Who Else Is Having Problems With Loading IKEDC Token? by Beremx(f): 8:16pm On Nov 23, 2023
Yampotatocarrot:
I had same issue... First token after upgrade worked perfectly, after that unit finished, tried loading it again and it wasn't going through... Was showing exactly the same thing OP posted.

Had to go to the office and get an official's contact... He sent me my Keychange codes and I had to press them

After pressing the first 20 digits, it showed ✓... Then, I proceeded to press the second 20 digits code and it showed [/b]done[b]... At this point, I now imputed the new token that wasn't loading before and, boom, it worked

Note that I didn't press enter or any other button after pressing the keychange codes... On pressing the 20th digit, it automatically enters by itself and displays the results I posted up there
I also did all you said and it worked. The problem here is subsequent attempt to recharge is proving abortive
Re: Who Else Is Having Problems With Loading IKEDC Token? by TheDemola: 8:17pm On Nov 23, 2023
Beremx:

What's the make of your meter?
Re: Who Else Is Having Problems With Loading IKEDC Token? by Beremx(f): 8:19pm On Nov 23, 2023
TheDemola:

What's the make of your meter?
Mojec
Re: Who Else Is Having Problems With Loading IKEDC Token? by TheDemola: 8:23pm On Nov 23, 2023
Beremx:
Mojec

Oh! Mine is EDMI no such issue. Maybe you try *7024#
Re: Who Else Is Having Problems With Loading IKEDC Token? by Bliztzer: 8:30pm On Nov 23, 2023
Murzmann:
You can fix it in just 2 steps below:

Step I:
Enter your meter number and NIN to link your NIN to your prepaid meter in under 2 minutes using this link-
https://smartkyc.ikejaelectric.com/

Step II:
After linking your prepaid meter to your NIN, go ahead and make an electricity purchase on simply buy units from your bank app or Anywhere else. You will receive 2 sets of tokens separate from the light units tokens you bought. These 2 tokens are called kct1 and kct2.

Enter the 1st set of token into your prepaid meter and press enter. Enter the 2nd set of token into your prepaid meter and press enter again. Your meter will migrate successfully.

Step III
You can now enter your unit tokens to load successfully and wil not see a rejected message when next you load.

Most common problem
If you have linked your NIN to your prepaid meter and you have made a new electricity unit purchase but did not receive your ktc tokens or only received incomplete tokens, then click the link below and enter your meter number to receive your two sets of kcts:
www.Ikejaelectric.com/kctcheck

#Enjoy

Some problem still persist. Conlog will throw error "AAAAAA..."
Re: Who Else Is Having Problems With Loading IKEDC Token? by Beremx(f): 8:31pm On Nov 23, 2023
TheDemola:

is it different from the tokens you generate from their site? Because I have done that process it worked when trying to recharge. Subsequent recharge is the issue now cos it's rejecting tokens
Re: Who Else Is Having Problems With Loading IKEDC Token? by hakeem4(m): 8:35pm On Nov 23, 2023
TheDemola:

i have the same issue and i am using edmi
Re: Who Else Is Having Problems With Loading IKEDC Token? by emeths: 8:36pm On Nov 23, 2023
I hope I won't experience this ....
Re: Who Else Is Having Problems With Loading IKEDC Token? by nwauwa(m): 8:40pm On Nov 23, 2023
Murzmann:
You can fix it in just 2 steps below:

Step I:
Enter your meter number and NIN to link your NIN to your prepaid meter in under 2 minutes using this link-
https://smartkyc.ikejaelectric.com/

Step II:
After linking your prepaid meter to your NIN, go ahead and make an electricity purchase on simply buy units from your bank app or Anywhere else. You will receive 2 sets of tokens separate from the light units tokens you bought. These 2 tokens are called kct1 and kct2.

Enter the 1st set of token into your prepaid meter and press enter. Enter the 2nd set of token into your prepaid meter and press enter again. Your meter will migrate successfully.

Step III
You can now enter your unit tokens to load successfully and wil not see a rejected message when next you load.

Most common problem
If you have linked your NIN to your prepaid meter and you have made a new electricity unit purchase but did not receive your ktc tokens or only received incomplete tokens, then click the link below and enter your meter number to receive your two sets of kcts:
www.Ikejaelectric.com/kctcheck

#Enjoy
If only they posted this on their SM pages , they won’t be called out
Re: Who Else Is Having Problems With Loading IKEDC Token? by Cantonese: 8:43pm On Nov 23, 2023
Very shameful. Very irresponsible. Very unfortunate. A very poorly thought idea by people in positions of power. Why introduce a poorly tested policy, heaping further pressure on already miserable people.

Anyway na APC supporters sabi. Dem think say suffering na ibe side. Unfortunately na dem beg for food and transportation pass.
Re: Who Else Is Having Problems With Loading IKEDC Token? by NoToPile: 8:50pm On Nov 23, 2023
I am just happy the way Ekedc is handling this upgrade matter at least for now, they just said we should input our meter numbers for eligibility and if eligible they said we will be contacted.

Ikedc people eyes have seen whimm since November 1.

What I don't understand is the NIN linkage, they seem to be the only disco asking for that.

Why the NIN linkage? What's the reason? Knowing how things are in Naija here, landlord whose name is registered in could be abroad, it could be registered in the name of a tenant who has moved out, so many variables?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Justice John Inyang Okoro, The Dark Hand That Killed Justice In Abia - Abiafact / Ekpeno Gold Kneels To Propose To His Girlfriend On Val Day (Photos) / How Onnoghen’s Trouble Started

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.