Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,546 members, 7,812,716 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:58 PM

Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics (15217 Views)

Keri Hilson Show Didn't Go As Expected...low Turn Out / Keri Hilson To Perform In Abuja On 2nd November / Keri Hilson Coming To Nigeria In November (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by cold(m): 12:18am On Oct 30, 2011
Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by Nobody: 12:28am On Oct 30, 2011
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by amblors(m): 12:35am On Oct 30, 2011
Ban.g beta pass Speed Darlington  grin grin grin grin
Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by cold(m): 12:36am On Oct 30, 2011
MsDarkSkin:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
It aint funny.That was pure torture angry
Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by denzel2009: 12:47am On Oct 30, 2011
cold:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmJbJs-9ST0

OMG!WTF? shocked angry

Have you seen the hits on that video? Rams and Goats in sudan are watching the youtube video.
Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by cold(m): 12:55am On Oct 30, 2011
^^I have.Seriously?Well what do you expect in the land of the blind, . the one eyed man rules
Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by vaLasce(m): 12:56am On Oct 30, 2011
wat is keri hilson?
she no go get talk jooor!
Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by MrsChima1(f): 4:59am On Oct 30, 2011
There are a lot of dumb arse artists out there and Keri Hilson IS NOT ONE of them.

Many songs (name removed intentionally) have one word repeated through out the WHOLE FUCKING SONG! Keri knows what the Bleep she is talking about.

Atomic lyricists are hard to find these days and 2 Pac is STILL UNTOUCHABLE dead.
Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by Nobody: 5:17am On Oct 30, 2011
Hilson co-wrote Britney Spears' "Gimme More".

Chorus:
"Gimme gimme (more), gimme (more), gimme gimme (more)" x 4.
Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by mikuz(m): 7:50am On Oct 30, 2011
^roflmao
Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by phreakabit(m): 8:45am On Oct 30, 2011
[size=18pt]Speed Darlington FT Bangs, Keri Hilson and OJ DA juice man,Gucci mane, Soulja Boy and Wocka Flocka. Titled : I is good . . . . . Coming soon.[/size]

For now lets all chill and listen to my boy Bangs feat the late Biggie smalls. This song is a true classic in every sense. An absolute masterpiece.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_LRELCVADI&feature=related

This one is dedicated to all the beautiful girls on NL :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oq0TqqVyeaw&feature=related
Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by Sagamite(m): 9:58am On Oct 30, 2011
cold:

Sagacious Sagamite.Did you just say that shocked retract asap

Oga, I no fit withdraw that jin statement na.

No be you dey NL for a while now? We no dey see their reasoning here?

No be you dey Pastor Fireman thread? We no dey see how dumb my people are to con artists which they will refuse to condemn because he is a "Man of God" and then give all their money waiting for miracle while Fireman go get im Hummer. And there are millions of such Xtians in Nigeria that go to these con churches where pastors live in luxury and they are shuffering and shmiling waiting for prosperity.

Alot of Nigerians are cretins o.
Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by Sagamite(m): 10:06am On Oct 30, 2011
cold:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmJbJs-9ST0

OMG!WTF? shocked angry

Bangs no lie na.

If he is the only one from Sudan rapping the he is the "hottest rapper from Sudan". cheesy

amblors:

Ah ahn!

Abeg no dey make fun of mental patients na.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFRP1l1x2x0
Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by Basics007: 11:13am On Oct 30, 2011
GOZILLA:

if say "lick ya speakers" came from 50 cent we would have been saying "damn he killed it bro!". smh
Funny but true.
ogugua88:

Hilson co-wrote Britney Spears' "Gimme More".

Chorus:
"Gimme gimme (more), gimme (more), gimme gimme (more)" x 4.
Rflmao. I love Nairaland!!!
Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by MrsChima1(f): 11:35am On Oct 30, 2011
Oh my goodness! Britney Spears? lipsrsealed
Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by mapist(m): 12:26pm On Oct 30, 2011
Yes,i second dat.wizkid's lyrics r poor, i av tried countless times to like his songs,bt,all to no avail, and to U̶̲̥̅̊ dat says,artistes shudnt target oversees market,where do U̶̲̥̅̊ tink Ϡ bulk of their sales come fm?do U̶̲̥̅̊ tink it's here?U̶̲̥̅̊ shud know berra cos of wat piracy has done to them, Keri was rgt.most of dem repeat lines nd also sing rubbish,
Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by montelik(m): 12:48pm On Oct 30, 2011
MsDarkSkin:

All she did was update her status on a hotdamn public
networking site and described her then current activity which was listening to that particular song. tongue

This how unnecessary wars start, and then when you ask both sides what they are fighting over they can't recall. First take any innocent remark and twist it with innuendo and supposition, then put a catchy and controversial headline (most pple just react to headlines) and watch as d flame war kicks off as everyone with their own personal agenda gets involved.

Some pple are just so touchy and too quick to react to perceived slights.
Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by Sagamite(m): 1:30pm On Oct 30, 2011
mapist:

Yes,i second dat.wizkid's lyrics r poor, i av tried countless times to like his songs,bt,all to no avail, and to U̶̲̥̅̊  dat says,artistes shudnt target oversees market,where do U̶̲̥̅̊  tink Ϡ  bulk of their sales come fm?do U̶̲̥̅̊  tink it's here?U̶̲̥̅̊  shud know berra cos of wat piracy has done to them, Keri was rgt.most of dem repeat lines nd also sing rubbish,

Keri never said that.

montelik:

This how unnecessary wars start, and then when you ask both sides what they are fighting over they can't recall. First take any innocent remark and twist it with innuendo and supposition, then put a catchy and controversial headline (most pple just react to headlines) and watch as d flame war  kicks off as everyone with their own personal agenda gets involved.

Thank you very much.

A lot of Nigerians are dumb.

The are deluded, insecure, boisterous, conjecture-throwing, thick, illiterate/under-educate people.
Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by Nobody: 4:18pm On Oct 30, 2011
montelik:

This how unnecessary wars start, and then when you ask both sides what they are fighting over they can't recall. First take any innocent remark and twist it with innuendo and supposition, then put a catchy and controversial headline (most pple just react to headlines) and watch as d flame war kicks off as everyone with their own personal agenda gets involved.

Gbam! cool cool

As for that Britney Spears tune, the point is? Britney is KNOWN for repetition as most pop and r&b artists so that is NOT the issue. Notice she CO-WROTE so that doesn't mean she wrote that particular part and even if she did that Brit's style. "Lick ya speakers" to her was weird and that is why she put it out there again, JUST updating her status.

vaLasce:

wat is keri hilson?

she will tell you tongue grin grin

[flash=500,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtXOVKNazYU?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0[/flash]
Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by Nobody: 4:39pm On Oct 30, 2011
amblors:

cold:

It aint funny.That was pure torture angry

grin grin grin grin

[flash=500,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDPkD1RaMq8?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0[/flash]

COP THE ALBUM! GO GET IT! IT'S A SMASH!! grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by Nobody: 6:49pm On Oct 30, 2011
I brought it up because Mrs Chima said Hilson knows what she's talking about lol. Britney Spears wasn't known for repetition before that song was released, hence it's mixed reviews. Hilson also co-wrote Timbaland's gbagaun "The Way I Are", Usher's "Love In This Club" with the repetitive "I wanna make love in this club. In this club. In this club. In this cluuuuuub" x 2 chorus and Ludacris'  "Runaway Love" with Mary J. Blige singing the chorus "Runaway Love. Runaway Love. Runaway Love. Runaway Love" x 2.

If "lick ya speakers" will sell here, so be it. Just like repetition and typos are selling in the US lol. The same way she's wondering if people lick their speakers, I'm wondering if people speak repetitively and normally say "I are" or repeat the same three words over and over in a phrase. I don't see any harm lol.
Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by amblors(m): 7:52pm On Oct 30, 2011
ok that's the first Keri Hilson song i'm listening to, she does seem to hav a nice voice.
if you wan2 the sell, give the people what they need,
if na gbagaun them want, you want to fill your pockets, give it to em.
Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by werepeLeri: 8:49pm On Oct 30, 2011
Yet no Nigerian knows which artist she was referring to.
Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by badman(m): 10:58pm On Oct 30, 2011
TERRRRRRYYYYYYYY GGGGGGGGGG all the way

'i'm sure wat she heard was 'testing microphone' thinking it was 'TASTING microphone'
Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by Nobody: 12:59am On Oct 31, 2011
That's a faux story because it is not coming from Keri Hillson Facebook page. I am an avid follower of Keri on Facebook!
Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by coderXO(m): 8:28am On Oct 31, 2011
Se you people can't read English?

How is "I hope nobody really does that" taking a swipe at the artist?

#dead abeg.

Whoever posted this is just trying to be provocative.

Nothing here.

Besides 75% of music made today , Nigerian & foreign;
all that "POP" crap is garbage for content.
Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by papaejima2: 9:36am On Oct 31, 2011
People are busy beefing while boys are busy making money. Any music that sells is good music. Those who think music is all about lyrics are just ignorant of what music is all about. Music is, first and foremost, entertainment before information or education. Nigerian music is entertaining the African continent so I wonder why the criticism. Keri Hilson must have been pissed off hearing so much Nigerian music in South African radio stations that she had to take notice. Some people here think they know too much about what music should be but it is the buying public that determine what music should be. Right now, Nigerian music rules the continent. If you have a problem with that, you are clearly in the minority.
Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by donsmoochi(m): 12:49pm On Oct 31, 2011
dem no de repeat for song?
if she hear pidgin english she go understand?
jamaicans no de use patois sing? e no de sweet?
wetin be her own sef? mtcheeeeew,
Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by PeeBee: 3:39pm On Oct 31, 2011
amblors:

At least the Darlington guy seems to have a better video.
Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by Sagamite(m): 11:38pm On Oct 31, 2011
donsmoochi:

dem no de repeat for song?
if she hear pidgin english she go understand?
jamaicans no de use patois sing? e no de sweet?
wetin be her own sef? mtcheeeeew,

Are you really that daft? Did you see her criticise repetition?
Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by asha80(m): 12:22am On Nov 01, 2011
GOZILLA (m)
HEARTLAND NIGERIA

Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics
« #52 on: October 29, 2011, 10:20 PM »

if say "lick ya speakers" came from 50 cent we would have been saying "damn he killed it bro!". smh

grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Keri Hilson Takes Shot At Nigerian Artiste's Lyrics by pkv(m): 2:12am On Nov 01, 2011
Sagamite:

Are you really that daft? Did you see her criticise repetition?
hehehehe!take am easy na

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Enya's Music Is Satanic? / Site To Download Free 9ja Music / Download Zero By Chris Brown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.