Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,851 members, 7,817,522 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

Nairalanders That Have Lost Loved Ones: How Did You Cope? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nairalanders That Have Lost Loved Ones: How Did You Cope? (9451 Views)

I Would Have Lost My Girl Friend If Followed An Advice I Got Here. / My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her / Cascade: Poem For Lost Loved Ones, In Loving Memory Poem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairalanders That Have Lost Loved Ones: How Did You Cope? by Padipadi(m): 12:49pm On Nov 25, 2023
It's pathetic and hurting.
Re: Nairalanders That Have Lost Loved Ones: How Did You Cope? by TheDemola: 12:49pm On Nov 25, 2023
Infolenka:
The thought of losing a loved one scares the shit out of me. I've been lucky not to have lost anyone close to me. Condolences to those who have.

For those that have lost loved ones in the past, I'm curious to know how you dealed with the loss, especially few days after their death.

Feel free to go into details if you want.

E no easy o
Re: Nairalanders That Have Lost Loved Ones: How Did You Cope? by Epistasis(m): 12:50pm On Nov 25, 2023
I lost my dad in 2012, that was the worst thing I have ever experienced in my entire life.

Still hurts me till date.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders That Have Lost Loved Ones: How Did You Cope? by TheDemola: 12:51pm On Nov 25, 2023
Lovemeharder:
I lost my mom and it's was not a sweet feeling at all, I felt terrible and pained. 💔

I could relate sis. I lost my mum when I was about 10years old. It was as if the whole was crumbling. Sometimes, I wished she was alive

3 Likes

Re: Nairalanders That Have Lost Loved Ones: How Did You Cope? by Achor1111(m): 12:52pm On Nov 25, 2023
Since 011 l lost my snr bro, my paddy guy.
I'm yet to recover.

3 Likes

Re: Nairalanders That Have Lost Loved Ones: How Did You Cope? by toprealman: 12:52pm On Nov 25, 2023
Infolenka:
The thought of losing a loved one scares the shit out of me. I've been lucky not to have lost anyone close to me. Condolences to those who have.

For those that have lost loved ones in the past, I'm curious to know how you dealed with the loss, especially few days after their death.

Go read about Amor Fati
Re: Nairalanders That Have Lost Loved Ones: How Did You Cope? by Jogideen: 12:52pm On Nov 25, 2023
The lost of my Grandmother which i lost this month is a shock that touches my soul because i can't reason well for some weeks it touches me a lot because the pain is still there

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders That Have Lost Loved Ones: How Did You Cope? by TheDemola: 12:54pm On Nov 25, 2023
ebijimi7:
we have similar experience I lost my mum 2022 lost my fiancee October 2023 I'm still yet to get over it it feels so lonely and disheartening I'm still finding it difficult to put myself together.

Oh! Wow!! Just within a year. Sorry bro.
Thoughts and prayers are with you. May God comfort you

Love ❤ and light 🕯
Re: Nairalanders That Have Lost Loved Ones: How Did You Cope? by Enemyofpeace: 12:54pm On Nov 25, 2023
This is the reason I’m not emotionally attached to anyone on earth. Not even any of my parents. Love is for weak people

3 Likes

Re: Nairalanders That Have Lost Loved Ones: How Did You Cope? by Kingozymandias(m): 12:54pm On Nov 25, 2023
As a Muslim asking Allah (SWT) for forgiveness for the loved one , for protection from the grave and humiliation of the Day Of Judgement, and for Jannah (heaven)

3 Likes

Re: Nairalanders That Have Lost Loved Ones: How Did You Cope? by ehikwe22: 12:55pm On Nov 25, 2023
It was a walk over for me but this is because I have the mindset that death is inevitable and everyone should expect their turn any moment.

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders That Have Lost Loved Ones: How Did You Cope? by SIXTEENTH(m): 12:55pm On Nov 25, 2023
Lost my biological daughter last year July 27 just a week to her birthday, unfortunately I'm not in the state at moment and she's buried before I could reached home one mouth interval.
I knew how it's feels during my trying days but hopefully she's in a better place.

Rest with the Lord my dear Violet (Angel 😇)

4 Likes

Re: Nairalanders That Have Lost Loved Ones: How Did You Cope? by taju4free(m): 12:56pm On Nov 25, 2023
I lost my Dad in the 2020 during covid-19 era it was devastating because the death was avoidable if medical check-up had been done to know his blood pressure, but thank God his gone to Heaven so there is no need to worry too much.

4 Likes

Re: Nairalanders That Have Lost Loved Ones: How Did You Cope? by taju4free(m): 12:59pm On Nov 25, 2023
What! how can? bro you are human you will definately feel it if you loss someone close to you.
Enemyofpeace:
This is the reason I’m not emotionally attached to anyone on earth. Not even any of my parents. Love is for weak people
Re: Nairalanders That Have Lost Loved Ones: How Did You Cope? by Oritna94(m): 1:00pm On Nov 25, 2023
Hmmm, the thread brings a lot of memories. I lost my younger brother in 2009. It was a shock when I got the phone call. I had always feared for him because of his life style. We had been best of pals. I really miss him.

I lost my Dad in 2011. Poor Dad, he was alone when he died. He just went to sleep and did not wake up. Continue to rest my dear pals. Till we meet again.

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders That Have Lost Loved Ones: How Did You Cope? by Oritna94(m): 1:02pm On Nov 25, 2023
Enemyofpeace:

Lol. You are first human. No matter what you do, you are going to feel it.
Re: Nairalanders That Have Lost Loved Ones: How Did You Cope? by optionalY09: 1:03pm On Nov 25, 2023
Infolenka:

go to jw.org

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders That Have Lost Loved Ones: How Did You Cope? by Addme: 1:06pm On Nov 25, 2023
Very terrible experience though it's tough but will go off as times comes by. I barely knew my Dad but lost my dearest mum who laboured so well to see me through school. And it was at the time I was having the roughest part of my life. Also lost one of my twin kids not long ago.

Those two experiences especially that of my mom really got me devastated and to make the matter worse,she was remembered and buried in my absence.
Rest On Dearest Mum

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders That Have Lost Loved Ones: How Did You Cope? by oriakuuzoma: 1:06pm On Nov 25, 2023
Mennnnn.... I lost my mum 2019..... it hurts like mad..... Everything in me change. Sometimes I felt so bad each time I remember it..... It hurts to lose a love 💓 one. She really suffer to put food on our table..... When things,.... is about to change she die. It hurts somuch

5 Likes

Re: Nairalanders That Have Lost Loved Ones: How Did You Cope? by youngrichnigga: 1:07pm On Nov 25, 2023
Congratulations as you've not lost anyone dear to you but let me tell you for certain that it will surely happen, it's just that you don't know when or how. Also note that there is no amount of preparation that can prepare you for the shock of losing a loved one. I've lost both parents, friends, relatives etc and none was I prepared for especially my mother when I was just growing into a man. My dad died in 2021, just hours after I had spoken to him; it was so shocking because his carer said she had fed him and he was relaxing at about 5 p.m. only for me to be called some minutes to 7pm that he was not responding on his seat and the doctor later certified him dead.
So you see, you cannot prepare for it and neither can you foretell your reaction when it eventually happens.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairalanders That Have Lost Loved Ones: How Did You Cope? by adedayourt(m): 1:07pm On Nov 25, 2023
Move on with your life
Re: Nairalanders That Have Lost Loved Ones: How Did You Cope? by Unlettered: 1:07pm On Nov 25, 2023
I lost my father in 98’. At the age of 11. It made me the strongest person i can imagine. I strived for success in all i do, last month i participated as a panelist at the highest point in my career.

Missed him so much that i have never saved a number with father, dad, baba or mentor. So i created a random number and saved it as father.

I’m sad because he didnt take part in anything success in my life but 10years of birthday celebration. I was the best graduating role model in my sec sch. I was a panelist in the minds of industry professionals. I have travelled to 4 continents for business trip invitations and its heart breaking that i didnt get that “i’m proud of you” validation from my father.

Value a loved one regardless of who that person is.

Still feels like a dream after all these years.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairalanders That Have Lost Loved Ones: How Did You Cope? by Nobody: 1:08pm On Nov 25, 2023
pansophist:
I have lost a loved one. How did I cope?

Time my friend, time, it heals. You can't fast-track it, you only have to be patient. And by being patient, I don't mean just waiting for the pains to fade. It is about what you do during those periods.

It is mostly about clearing the fog surrounding the issues of death and letting logic prevail. It is about having an interest in death, study it, and not fear it.

It is the understanding that every single life will die, and there are more dead people than those who are alive. Also, being dead has its advantages. It's saying goodbye to this sorrowful thing called life.

There are folks whose only time they know anything close to peace is when they sleep. As soon as they wake, this life is nothing but sorrows and tragedy. It is for this reason that many countries make it legal to kill yourself (eg The Netherlands).

Where there is light, there is darkness, and where there is life, there is death.

When you mourn the deceased, what you are actually mourning is not their departure, but their earlier departure date. But again, if they died later, would life be fun all through without sorrows for them?

The living are a disgraceful minority to the dead. Of all the humans that have lived on this earth, the living are less than 0.000001 percent of them. If you are religious, philosophical, or even diabolical, all your icons from Jesus to Plato, and Mohammed, are all dead.

You that is still alive, is your life without troubles? It might shock you to even know that many people are just scared to end their lives, and if they die naturally, then the burden of suicide is alleviated.

Your death warrant was signed when you were born, and it is only a matter of time before that day will come. We only hope it is a glorious day, and when death smiles at us, we can also look at it and smile back.

I wish I could upvote this 1000 times. I became deeply philosophical after losing both my parents in the past 6 years.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairalanders That Have Lost Loved Ones: How Did You Cope? by EleventhWeirdo: 1:08pm On Nov 25, 2023
oluwaseyi0:
When I lost my mum in 2010 eve though I'm pained to the bone marrow I actually didn't she'd a single tear

Mum as beeen on and off sickness, she is a very senior teacher, only next to her school headteacher and couple with family support she actually has money to take care of herself

I've barely finished secondary school and waiting for admission when she died, finishing secondary school and spending more time with her (and at the hospital) opens my eyes to more, to the mental deplorable state of our government hospital

Those doctor at federal medical center, Abeokuta are unkind and unhelpful, we are giving appointment of 10am yet 2pm we're yet to b attended to, when they attend to us they are so cold, less bothered and act like if the sickness didn't cure today, it can cure next year or next 10 year like we are enough lifetime to keep coming to hospital

I've not seen my mom cry but I saw her cry that day ...she cry not because of her sickness not any pain but because of the unnecessary stress the hospital is putting her through

When I lost her, in the deepest part of my soul I felt relieved for her, I somehow console myself that any other feeling from myself is just personal selfishness and betrayal

I still miss her every day, I muster courage physical but deep down I wish she is still here

My mummy, my mummy rest on

Getting seriously sick with Nigeria comatose health services is what I don't wish on my enemy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairalanders That Have Lost Loved Ones: How Did You Cope? by TheGiftedOne(m): 1:10pm On Nov 25, 2023
The bible offers hope. If you're bereaved, please find some comfort in God's promises from the following scriptures... John 5:28,29, Acts 24:15, Revelation 21:4,5.

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders That Have Lost Loved Ones: How Did You Cope? by Enemyofpeace: 1:10pm On Nov 25, 2023
Oritna94:

Lol. You are first human. No matter what you do, you are going to feel it.
who told you that I’m human? So you think everyone walking on this surface of the earth and on nairaland is human? You have a long way to go spiritually

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders That Have Lost Loved Ones: How Did You Cope? by Banter1(m): 1:10pm On Nov 25, 2023
Infolenka:

Grace of God and prayers. It's never easy
Re: Nairalanders That Have Lost Loved Ones: How Did You Cope? by Father4all: 1:11pm On Nov 25, 2023
Sorry for your lose. But TIME will heal you
Re: Nairalanders That Have Lost Loved Ones: How Did You Cope? by ugodson(m): 1:13pm On Nov 25, 2023
When i lost my son, i only cried when am alone so i dont appear weak to my wife who cried hell.
Well i got through it by looking back and remembering the time we had together (just got a flash of his smiling face) i also did this when my dad died.
Just keep remembering the times you spent together i assure you it would Light up your face with smiles.

Rest in peace to all our lost loved ones

5 Likes

Re: Nairalanders That Have Lost Loved Ones: How Did You Cope? by talk2hb1(m): 1:16pm On Nov 25, 2023
cry I am going to miss him (my Dad) for a very long time. He died last year, I had the premonition 3days prior.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairalanders That Have Lost Loved Ones: How Did You Cope? by captainking(m): 1:17pm On Nov 25, 2023
Just lost my dad this morning
Slipped and hit head on the floor..did brain surgery but still did not make it.
Such sad day for me..

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairalanders That Have Lost Loved Ones: How Did You Cope? by IkeGod9891(m): 1:17pm On Nov 25, 2023
ecstasy37:
Just lost my dad on Sunday dunno how to react yet

So sorry bro

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Need To Track My Girl Mtn Line She Reciev Strange Call: How Do I Do It: / MEN!! We Have Lost Another KING To DEATH Because Of A Selfish Wife!! (Photo) / Where Should It Be Done?bedroom Or:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.