Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,286 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:33 AM

Nairalanders That Have Lost Loved Ones: How Did You Cope? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nairalanders That Have Lost Loved Ones: How Did You Cope? (9449 Views)

I Would Have Lost My Girl Friend If Followed An Advice I Got Here. / My Girlfriend Asked Me To Tell My Mum To Remarry & I Have Lost Confidence In Her / Cascade: Poem For Lost Loved Ones, In Loving Memory Poem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairalanders That Have Lost Loved Ones: How Did You Cope? by error4040: 3:58pm On Nov 25, 2023
Nickymichy:
I have lost the two dearest relations to me ...my mom and my big brother..as for my brother, I watched him breathed his last breath...I was the only sibling around..I took him to mortuary. The place was filled up. I saw dead bodies with ice being placed on the bodies to preserve them. I can't watch my brother undergo that shit.. I made some calls and I had to make arrangements for his burial.to cut the story short, with the help of friends we buried him...the trauma I went through lasted for two years.. For my mom sometimes, I still feel she's not dead. She was staying in another city from mine. We don't see much but we communicate from time to time. When she died, before we got to the village she had been buried.so I still feel she's around. I had accident after my brother demise. I was just at the accident scene,I called some friends,it took them ages to come. I remembered my brother, I just started crying..if he was around, he would have been there in a jiffy..am doing good now dou.

I feel your pain bro. Stay Strong!

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders That Have Lost Loved Ones: How Did You Cope? by Creativity22: 4:00pm On Nov 25, 2023
captainking:
Just lost my dad this morning
Slipped and hit head on the floor..did brain surgery but still did not make it.
Such sad day for me..
So so sorry bro
Re: Nairalanders That Have Lost Loved Ones: How Did You Cope? by Shattuck(m): 4:01pm On Nov 25, 2023
saintbillion:
Same question I use to ask.
Until I lost My dad Last month. He's still lying in the morgue.
I'm still hurt and pained, I do think and have sleepless night from the very first day the news was broke to me. His demise has really affected me all way round.
Wanted to create a thread on how to move on after loosing a love one.
I wish I died first b4 my love one. I was always scared of loosing a love one. Now I'm trapped in my fears. What's life, if we live to die? Each time I remember me seeing my dad lying naked in the morgue, I begin the share tears without my knowing, I wish I died first. Pray not to loose ur love ones untimely. It creates a vacuum in your heart which can never filled.

I just have to stay strong for my lovely mother. If I the son could be going through this, what more about her the wife?
for some reason this just hit me, I tried to visualize your pain so sorry for your loss.
Re: Nairalanders That Have Lost Loved Ones: How Did You Cope? by lenghtinny(m): 4:02pm On Nov 25, 2023
My dad’s death in January 2009 changed the course of my life’s trajectory in immense ways that I haven’t recovered from till todayembarassed

I lost an influential mentor whose influence was about to assist me in some life changing opportunity I’m still trying to get till this day in March 2012.

Losing my twin boys at birth in February 2019 also shook me to my bone marrow but I had another set of twin boys a year later which made me feel a little better as I felt I got a second chance.

3 Likes

Re: Nairalanders That Have Lost Loved Ones: How Did You Cope? by boldsleek: 4:04pm On Nov 25, 2023
saintbillion:
I'm still hurt and pained, I do think and have sleepless night from the very first day the news was broke to me. His demise has really affected me all way round.
I wish I died first b4 my love one. I was always scared of loosing a love one. Now I'm trapped in my fears. What's life, if we live to die? Each time I remember me seeing my dad lying naked in the morgue, I begin the share tears without my knowing, I wish I died first. Pray not to loose ur love ones untimely. It creates a vacuum in your heart which can never filled.

I just have to stay strong for my lovely mother. If I the son could be going through this, what more about her the wife?
Sorry about your loss. May Almighty give you strength to bear this loss.
This is coming from someone who watched her younger sister die in her hands .
Re: Nairalanders That Have Lost Loved Ones: How Did You Cope? by Mikiboy69(m): 4:06pm On Nov 25, 2023
The most painful feeling ever is losing your loved ones.. Trust me, it's a lifetime pain. I lost my mum and sister 3 years ago. my heart is still shattered up till today. I'm just coping for the love of the rest of my family. I miss my mom and sis alottttt. Sometimes I wish they could come back to live cry cry

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders That Have Lost Loved Ones: How Did You Cope? by error4040: 4:07pm On Nov 25, 2023
YourGFsnatcher:

My dad passed away three years ago, I did not cry, people thought I was strong, they don't know I was broken beyond tears. I still cry at night, I have still not recovered. I still see his normal routine in the house where he brushes, sits. I was his personal barber. I still feel like he will call my name to come with the clipper. I don't know when I'll be fine. I miss him so much
I feel your pain man, I really do!!!

I lost mine when I was 11 so i had no idea what it ment seeing people crying here and there. The only thing I can recall about him is how he hold my hands as we go to the mosque for prayers.

But I did cry when my grandma passed, because death had me on 0:4 and her death made it 0:5.
I still feel that pain whenever I am alone. That pain is the worst of them all because I always wish I can just see her once and tell her Good morning or spend my evening with her then tell her Good night before bed.

3 Likes

Re: Nairalanders That Have Lost Loved Ones: How Did You Cope? by NSK4U(m): 4:11pm On Nov 25, 2023
TheBillyonaire:

I have experienced scarier things. We must move very fast to master engineering of digital immortality via consciousness transfer using Soul Chip as well as memory transfer via ASI and cloning with genetics engineering.

We must also try as much as possible to master psychic level of consciousness transfer and bypass reincarnation sequences which comes with memory wipes.

How do we even begin to do this? Is it possible

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders That Have Lost Loved Ones: How Did You Cope? by sylve11: 4:12pm On Nov 25, 2023
saintbillion:

I don't wish to keep any of my loved ones in the morgue and I don't wish to be put in the morgue when i pass away. cool

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders That Have Lost Loved Ones: How Did You Cope? by deygar: 4:12pm On Nov 25, 2023
frank317:
I lost my mum in 2010 to terminal illness... Still wish she is around to see my kids.

I also lost the girl i intended to marry in 2013... This was more tragic cause she died in a car accident few hours after we apoke on the phone and i told her i will call back. I loved her but she went just like the wind. Married now and love my wife... I still miss her smile.
Hmmmmmmmmm
.. lost my fiance in Nov 2008,in car accident after calling her, infact we were on call when it happened, today is supposed to be her birthday. May her soul keep resting in peace. And lost my dad in Jan. 2009.to a terminal health challenge. This were the toughest moment of my life.. it's an experience I will not wish my enemy...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairalanders That Have Lost Loved Ones: How Did You Cope? by sylve11: 4:16pm On Nov 25, 2023
bigdawg7:
believe it or not, there are some loss you can't get over

Fact! cool
Re: Nairalanders That Have Lost Loved Ones: How Did You Cope? by Fiscabally(m): 4:18pm On Nov 25, 2023
I lost my wife to breast cancer 3 weeks after delievering a set of twin girls last year july.

My girls are doing just fine now even though they ain't priviledge to suck a day brest milk.

So sad and awful experience,

It's been God and my family all the way.

His beauty for my ashes!

4 Likes

Re: Nairalanders That Have Lost Loved Ones: How Did You Cope? by Pedrocross4568(m): 4:22pm On Nov 25, 2023
Lost my Mum September this year and my life has not be the same since than. I was just 10yrs when my Dad died and she was all that I known as a father and mother.

Losing someone you love will humble you,no matter how strong you think or feel you are.

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders That Have Lost Loved Ones: How Did You Cope? by marianneada(f): 4:23pm On Nov 25, 2023
I lost my dad in 2019,his death shattered me,I felt empty,but seeing my mother aroun made me strong,she became both my father nd mother,we were so fond of each other,She treated me like a Princess,she made life so easy for me that I always pray to God to pls keep her alive for us,unfortunately she had partial stroke a year after my dad’s death,I was devastated nd d shock of it made me had a premature baby at (6months+),thank God d baby survived.
When I thought my mum had fully recovered from d stroke was when d unexpected happened,in my quest for her to regain her stature fully,when she visited me someone introduced me to a doctor claiming d doctor will make my mum walk properly again,I took her to the doctor nd he gave us his drugs,my mum’s system started reacting to d drugs,she started purging non stop nd was rushed to a private hospital where she was admitted nd was later moved to d ICU when her condition deteriorated,next thing we were referred to a govt hospital,there they confirmed she had colon rectal cancer,in the process of building her body system up for chemotherapy,she started having non stop seizure for almost one week,all her systems were shutting down,Imagine watching ur own mother pass through such pain,we prayed to God for a miracle cos the doctors later told us that she won’t make it,I watched my mum die gradually,she later went into coma,even in coma she was still having seizure,I cried my eyes out,she finally gave up the ghost on 24th October 2023.
I am yet to recover from her death,I was sick for one week after her death,I was in her room when I came across this thread nd it brought tears to my eyes,Losing a loved is what I don’t even wish my enemy cos the pain is unbearable.my mum died a very painful death that each time I close my eyes all I see are memories of all pains she passed through at d hospital.

6 Likes

Re: Nairalanders That Have Lost Loved Ones: How Did You Cope? by CJStarz: 4:36pm On Nov 25, 2023
On 22nd December,2021,I lost my immediate younger brother,Chukwudi,whose alias CJ I'm using here as my moniker
A dreadful night it was!
One healthy in the morning only to slump and die in the night.
A part of me went with him as it were.
Never knew we'd survive that agonizing period.
No amount of consolation from people can erode the pain and anguish.
It's only God Who consoles with Time.

Thank God for the hope of resurrection.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairalanders That Have Lost Loved Ones: How Did You Cope? by cana882(m): 4:49pm On Nov 25, 2023
pansophist:
I have lost a loved one. How did I cope?

Time my friend, time, it heals. You can't fast-track it, you only have to be patient. And by being patient, I don't mean just waiting for the pains to fade. It is about what you do during those periods.

It is mostly about clearing the fog surrounding the issues of death and letting logic prevail. It is about having an interest in death, study it, and not fear it.

It is the understanding that every single life will die, and there are more dead people than those who are alive. Also, being dead has its advantages. It's saying goodbye to this sorrowful thing called life.

There are folks whose only time they know anything close to peace is when they sleep. As soon as they wake, this life is nothing but sorrows and tragedy. It is for this reason that many countries make it legal to kill yourself (eg The Netherlands).

Where there is light, there is darkness, and where there is life, there is death.

When you mourn the deceased, what you are actually mourning is not their departure, but their earlier departure date. But again, if they died later, would life be fun all through without sorrows for them?

The living are a disgraceful minority to the dead. Of all the humans that have lived on this earth, the living are less than 0.000001 percent of them. If you are religious, philosophical, or even diabolical, all your icons from Jesus to Plato, and Mohammed, are all dead.

You that is still alive, is your life without troubles? It might shock you to even know that many people are just scared to end their lives, and if they die naturally, then the burden of suicide is alleviated.

Your death warrant was signed when you were born, and it is only a matter of time before that day will come. We only hope it is a glorious day, and when death smiles at us, we can also look at it and smile back.

A write up rife with wisdom. All we do in life is in search of just one element: peace.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairalanders That Have Lost Loved Ones: How Did You Cope? by egopersonified(f): 4:50pm On Nov 25, 2023
Infolenka:
The thought of losing a loved one scares the shit out of me. I've been lucky not to have lost anyone close to me. Condolences to those who have.

For those that have lost loved ones in the past, I'm curious to know how you dealed with the loss, especially few days after their death.

Feel free to go into details if you want.

Please delete this thought from your brain with immediate effect. This was how I used to ask how headache felt like. I never had headache in my life even when I had malaria till I was in my 20s. This was after asking people if headache was a knocking inside the head or persistent pressure on the head. Forget death matter. You will lose your parents 60 years from now. So wait and experience the feeling then. No go dey find wetin no 'consign' you. For your info, I have lost a husband and a father.
Re: Nairalanders That Have Lost Loved Ones: How Did You Cope? by sportskid(m): 4:54pm On Nov 25, 2023
Its a whole new world altogether. But fear not, Time will heal your wounds
Re: Nairalanders That Have Lost Loved Ones: How Did You Cope? by Yada01(m): 5:03pm On Nov 25, 2023
Time only heals. May God comfort those who have lost loved ones in Jesus name
Re: Nairalanders That Have Lost Loved Ones: How Did You Cope? by Shattuck(m): 5:10pm On Nov 25, 2023
Samantha124:
There was a time I was like you, I had not lost a loved one and I used to consider myself lucky until death came knocking on the 25th of December 2009... It was my grandfather and he was laid to rest on the 31st of December, his birthday.

I loved that man so much, he was like my second father... Whenever I'd visit, he'd fill the fridge with all my favorite snacks and dairy products... He'd also cook for me whenever my grandmother wasn't around and the man was not such a bad cook.

Well, at least he was an old man and as we were moving on, my brother past away on the 2nd of February 2010 and was laid to rest on the 8th of February... It wasn't easy, I was still young then and I'd sometimes have nightmares... My parents had to move me to their bedroom for a while... The whole thing still affects me even today because whenever I hear that a loved one is sick, I'd panic.

On three occasions I suffered a panic attack in public and it was so embarrassing... First time was at the school of law, I had went there to consult with one of my lecturers when I contacted my sister to ask her about our father because I couldn't get hold of him all morning... When she told me that he was hospitalized, at first I acted calm... But immediately I hung up the phone, I started panicking and one of the lecturers who was passing by noticed that I wasn't okay.

He came to me and asked me what was wrong, but I couldn't speak... He then called the school's principal administrator and together they took me to the administrator's office... They got me a glass of water and tried to get me to calm down and after a while, I was finally able to speak and told them what was wrong... They then asked for my father's contact details so they could call him just to ensure me that everything was going to be fine... He finally picked up the call and he ensured me that he was going to be okay and that I shouldn't worry much.

The second time was back then when my sister had issues with fibroids, sometimes her condition would be so severe, I'd be afraid that I might lose her like I lost my brother... One time I was at the library when I started crying... I thought studying would keep my mind occupied, but I was wrong.

And the last time I panicked in public was at my grandmother's funeral... From the day her death was announced, I didn't cry because I thought she was old and it was her time, but I guess I was just being in denial of her death because all the emotions came crashing on the day of the funeral, I even passed out and woke up in the clinic.

Ever since my brother's death, I'm always afraid whenever someone close to me isn't feeling well... They say time heals all wounds, but as for me I don't know, I feel like I haven't gotten over my brother's death because whenever someone doesn't feel well, I always fear that the person is gonna die like he did.
I can relate to this.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders That Have Lost Loved Ones: How Did You Cope? by Icon4s(m): 5:14pm On Nov 25, 2023
Infolenka:
The thought of losing a loved one scares the shit out of me. I've been lucky not to have lost anyone close to me. Condolences to those who have.

For those that have lost loved ones in the past, I'm curious to know how you dealed with the loss, especially few days after their death.

Feel free to go into details if you want.

January 25th, 2022 I lost a cousin (Aged 40) that came to our family house to spend Christmas. Buried first week in February.

March 11th, 2022, I lost my elder brother's wife (aged 50)

August 3rd, 2022, I lost my dear Mom (aged 74)

August 29th, 2022, I lost my elder brother(aged 52) that lost his wife in March

At that point we had 3 dead family members in the mortuary.

Worst period of my life. People were asking who is next.... Uncles and Auntie were always checking on those of us still remaining, to know if we are ok. Stories flying here and there.

It all seemed like a terrible nightmare. It still feels same.

Buried my brother and his wife October 21st 2022 (looked like something from a Nollywood drama) and buried mom December 30th, 2022.

This is a situation I don't wish even my enemy to go through.

Time dey say heals wounds.

3 Likes

Re: Nairalanders That Have Lost Loved Ones: How Did You Cope? by DorianD(m): 5:19pm On Nov 25, 2023
Every man lived his life and payed the price for living-Oscar Wilde.Death is that price we all must pay
Re: Nairalanders That Have Lost Loved Ones: How Did You Cope? by shawante(m): 5:21pm On Nov 25, 2023
Infolenka:

Sorry for your loss. How long did it take before the pain and terrible feelings left?
The pain never goes away Bro.. It just eases a little bit with time.
Re: Nairalanders That Have Lost Loved Ones: How Did You Cope? by Iziquiel(m): 5:27pm On Nov 25, 2023
captainking:
Just lost my dad this morning
Slipped and hit head on the floor..did brain surgery but still did not make it.
Such sad day for me..

I'm sorry for your loss. Be strong.
Re: Nairalanders That Have Lost Loved Ones: How Did You Cope? by Westlife2013(m): 5:28pm On Nov 25, 2023
Infolenka:

Sorry for your loss. How long did it take before the pain and terrible feelings left?
you never get over it. You only learn to live with it but the pain stays for the rest of your life

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders That Have Lost Loved Ones: How Did You Cope? by saintbillion(m): 5:32pm On Nov 25, 2023
sylve11:

I don't wish to keep any of my loved ones in the morgue and I don't wish to be put in the morgue when i pass away. cool
Any reason for that?
Re: Nairalanders That Have Lost Loved Ones: How Did You Cope? by saintbillion(m): 5:33pm On Nov 25, 2023
boldsleek:
Sorry about your loss. May Almighty give you strength to bear this loss.
This is coming from someone who watched her younger sister die in her hands .
Please accept my condolence bro. May the holy spirit comfort us
Re: Nairalanders That Have Lost Loved Ones: How Did You Cope? by saintbillion(m): 5:34pm On Nov 25, 2023
Shattuck:
for some reason this just hit me, I tried to visualize your pain so sorry for your loss.
Thanks bro. It's such a painful experience I won't wish to anyone even my enemies

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders That Have Lost Loved Ones: How Did You Cope? by saintbillion(m): 5:36pm On Nov 25, 2023
TheBillyonaire:

This is the feeling OP. No one can learn it by reading about it. We are plagued with it, each person's time will come to experience it. I am used to that feeling now having lost many people and having faced death myself.
Accept my condolence bro. What does kills you, makes you stronger. Death is not the most painful thing, the most painful thing is what dies while still alive.
Re: Nairalanders That Have Lost Loved Ones: How Did You Cope? by TheBillyonaire: 5:39pm On Nov 25, 2023
NSK4U:

How do we even begin to do this? Is it possible

Yes, Yes Yes. There are a few alliances working on both aspects. The psychic transfer of consciousness is available and requires awakening or expanded consciousness to figure out how to not just step out of your body, but to boot up from a fragmented mind or simply hijack fully.

The cybernetic component will be popular in no distant future. I believe a few groups have perfected it, it will become massively available to those can afford in about 5 to 10yrs now. If one is totally focused on it from our level of AI rapid progress and processor advancement, we can have the digital version in 5 years and perfect it in 10, then launch the API on the synthetic neural hosted on the cloud servers and preserved cryogenic solid state quantum computers, but we got to be careful about cyber attacks hijacking people's minds. We need Gatekeepers and firewalls.

Theoretically and Psychically, I know how these can be done. Courtesy of the upgrade I received.

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders That Have Lost Loved Ones: How Did You Cope? by TheBillyonaire: 5:45pm On Nov 25, 2023
saintbillion:

Accept my condolence bro. What does kills you, makes you stronger. Death is not the most painful thing, the most painful thing is what dies while still alive.

I overcame it a long time ago, cos I know what death means and I know it does not exist. We are embodied entities courtesy of dense vibration of this realm.

Fucck death, it is nothing.
Re: Nairalanders That Have Lost Loved Ones: How Did You Cope? by Sweetvie: 5:53pm On Nov 25, 2023
Nickymichy:
I have lost the two dearest relations to me ...my mom and my big brother..as for my brother, I watched him breathed his last breath...I was the only sibling around..I took him to mortuary. The place was filled up. I saw dead bodies with ice being placed on the bodies to preserve them. I can't watch my brother undergo that shit.. I made some calls and I had to make arrangements for his burial.to cut the story short, with the help of friends we buried him...the trauma I went through lasted for two years.. For my mom sometimes, I still feel she's not dead. She was staying in another city from mine. We don't see much but we communicate from time to time. When she died, before we got to the village she had been buried.so I still feel she's around. I had accident after my brother demise. I was just at the accident scene,I called some friends,it took them ages to come. I remembered my brother, I just started crying..if he was around, he would have been there in a jiffy..am doing good now dou.
So sad. Stay strong!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How I Was Seduced By My Maid And Made Me Sex Her Badly / Am I Right To Cut This Girl Off? / I Need To Track My Girl Mtn Line She Reciev Strange Call: How Do I Do It:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.