Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,926 members, 7,828,207 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

Kano Guber: Appeal Court Has Lost Jurisdiction To Correct Errors - Olanipekun - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano Guber: Appeal Court Has Lost Jurisdiction To Correct Errors - Olanipekun (22520 Views)

Tribunal Requested Us To Withdraw From Kano Guber Appeal – INEC / Supreme Court Fixes July 28 To Hear Ondo Guber Appeal / Kanu: There 'll Be No Trial On 26 July, Nigeria Has Lost Jurisdiction - Lawyer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kano Guber: Appeal Court Has Lost Jurisdiction To Correct Errors - Olanipekun by datola: 10:05am On Nov 24, 2023
Wahala
Re: Kano Guber: Appeal Court Has Lost Jurisdiction To Correct Errors - Olanipekun by Bobloco: 10:06am On Nov 24, 2023
Wole Olanipekun should also tell the court and by extension the APC that removing Abba gida gida of the NNPP as governor of Kano state will lead to anarchy and chaos

2 Likes

Re: Kano Guber: Appeal Court Has Lost Jurisdiction To Correct Errors - Olanipekun by wunaESQ(m): 10:09am On Nov 24, 2023
FUNCTUS OFFICIO
Re: Kano Guber: Appeal Court Has Lost Jurisdiction To Correct Errors - Olanipekun by Mccullum: 10:12am On Nov 24, 2023
Rubbish, go and argue that with your colleague in Supreme Court.
Re: Kano Guber: Appeal Court Has Lost Jurisdiction To Correct Errors - Olanipekun by profmallor: 10:14am On Nov 24, 2023
"Wole Olanipekun, counsel to Abba Yusuf, Kano governor" do people read at all or they just run off with their emotions. Mr Wole is defending the NNPP Governor.

1 Like

Re: Kano Guber: Appeal Court Has Lost Jurisdiction To Correct Errors - Olanipekun by chloride6: 10:16am On Nov 24, 2023
I would have thought Wole would be more discerning.
Re: Kano Guber: Appeal Court Has Lost Jurisdiction To Correct Errors - Olanipekun by ojesymsym: 10:26am On Nov 24, 2023
Someone suggested that a mischief maker deliberately inserted that part of the judgement into the written document and I am inclined to believe it. This is not like writing 'he' instead of 'she' or a simple grammatical error.
The part of the judgement was written out in favor of the other individual. It is too big a mistake to be called an error in an official document from the courts.
Beyond politics that error or insertion should be investigated and the culprit brought to book.
Civil servants getaway with too many things, if it was the private sector, a query, demotion or outright sack would be the fate of such an individual.

1 Like

Re: Kano Guber: Appeal Court Has Lost Jurisdiction To Correct Errors - Olanipekun by SUCCEEDO200: 10:29am On Nov 24, 2023
It's well
Re: Kano Guber: Appeal Court Has Lost Jurisdiction To Correct Errors - Olanipekun by seunmsg(m): 10:35am On Nov 24, 2023
Olanipekun must be joking. So, what’s he appealing against if the error cannot be corrected? Since they are claiming victory based on the CTC error, why are they appealing to the Supreme Court? What’s their ground of appeal since they are claiming victory?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Guber: Appeal Court Has Lost Jurisdiction To Correct Errors - Olanipekun by emmykk(m): 10:37am On Nov 24, 2023
Babangidapikin:
Chief Olanipekun the Wizard of Law ... I still believe the clerical error was deliberate and sadly the Judges didn't read the content of the documents they attest to ... Naturally the reason you ask people to put pen to paper, is because Oral submission can be denied ... Anyway since there is precedent for matters like this , I think that shouldn't be a problem, but it's definitely a distraction.

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ The APC candidate better approach the Supreme Court before the time enlapse. Chief always playing the Tortoise game ...

The chief is not playing any game that is new,it is the Judges that helped him win the case of Tinubu vs Atiku with obvious evidence that nail Tinubu.

As for this case how will you want me to return judgement of sacking me for you to correct who does that.

And clerical error kill them there.

1 Like

Re: Kano Guber: Appeal Court Has Lost Jurisdiction To Correct Errors - Olanipekun by seunmsg(m): 10:37am On Nov 24, 2023
profmallor:
"Wole Olanipekun, counsel to Abba Yusuf, Kano governor" do people read at all or they just run off with their emotions. Mr Wole is defending the NNPP Governor.

He took over the case after the tribunal judgement. He’s a lawyer that is available to be hired by anybody. Alex Otti of LP engaged Lateef Fagbemi to defend him at the tribunal. It’s no big deal.

2 Likes

Re: Kano Guber: Appeal Court Has Lost Jurisdiction To Correct Errors - Olanipekun by Judolisco(m): 10:39am On Nov 24, 2023
Invest4growth:
Since it is to your advantage. Olanipekun should stop misinterpreting the laws to his own advantage. He lacks credibility as a Lawyer
olanipekun lacks credibility yet your lawyers can't go to court without citing cases won by him....
Re: Kano Guber: Appeal Court Has Lost Jurisdiction To Correct Errors - Olanipekun by Judolisco(m): 10:41am On Nov 24, 2023
seunmsg:
Olanipekun must be joking. So, what’s he appealing against if the error cannot be corrected? Since they are claiming victory based on the CTC error, why are they appealing to the Supreme Court? What’s their ground of appeal since they are claiming victory?
he is yet to file an appeal....read d post again
Re: Kano Guber: Appeal Court Has Lost Jurisdiction To Correct Errors - Olanipekun by Abu4shizo: 10:42am On Nov 24, 2023
Useless Man
Re: Kano Guber: Appeal Court Has Lost Jurisdiction To Correct Errors - Olanipekun by Lovelyn451(f): 10:43am On Nov 24, 2023
abba gida gida...lol, even kwankwaso is playing politics with him
Re: Kano Guber: Appeal Court Has Lost Jurisdiction To Correct Errors - Olanipekun by Judolisco(m): 10:43am On Nov 24, 2023
ojesymsym:
Someone suggested that a mischief maker deliberately inserted that part of the judgement into the written document and I am inclined to believe it. This is not like writing 'he' instead of 'she' or a simple grammatical error.
The part of the judgement was written out in favor of the other individual. It is too big a mistake to be called an error in an official document from the courts.
Beyond politics that error or insertion should be investigated and the culprit brought to book.
Civil servants getaway with too many things, if it was the private sector, a query, demotion or outright sack would be the fate of such an individual.
iswr... No be small error oh....
Re: Kano Guber: Appeal Court Has Lost Jurisdiction To Correct Errors - Olanipekun by Indispensable85(m): 10:47am On Nov 24, 2023
SoNature:
Mr. Wole Olanipekun is doing well for the APC. But, it's quite disturbing the kind of judgement the judiciary passes these days.

We can lose everything, but every well-meaning Nigerian should fight to save the soul of the compromised judiciary. If we lose the judiciary, this country is finished.

Is Wole the counsel to the APC in this matter? Ur brain dey leak oil?
Re: Kano Guber: Appeal Court Has Lost Jurisdiction To Correct Errors - Olanipekun by Indispensable85(m): 10:50am On Nov 24, 2023
That judgement was read out loud and clear in open court. There's no ambiguity anywhere. Olanipeku is taking a step that will backfire and destroy any chances Abba had at the supreme court. You can't base your appeal on an obvious clerical error.
Re: Kano Guber: Appeal Court Has Lost Jurisdiction To Correct Errors - Olanipekun by seunmsg(m): 10:55am On Nov 24, 2023
Judolisco:
he is yet to file an appeal....read d post again

He talked about filing appeal at the Supreme Court. He should not bother to file any appeal now since NNPP won at the appeal court.

2 Likes

Re: Kano Guber: Appeal Court Has Lost Jurisdiction To Correct Errors - Olanipekun by Indispensable85(m): 10:57am On Nov 24, 2023
Babangidapikin:
Chief Olanipekun the Wizard of Law ... I still believe the clerical error was deliberate and sadly the Judges didn't read the content of the documents they attest to ... Naturally the reason you ask people to put pen to paper, is because Oral submission can be denied ... Anyway since there is precedent for matters like this , I think that shouldn't be a problem, but it's definitely a distraction.

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ The APC candidate better approach the Supreme Court before the time enlapse. Chief always playing the Tortoise game ...

He misfired on this one. It will backfire clearly. The judgement was read out in the open court. There's no ambiguity in it other than a clerical error. He can't capitalise on a clerical error to lodge an appeal to the SC. Especially when it has been communicated officially by the appeal court registrar that an error has been made.
Re: Kano Guber: Appeal Court Has Lost Jurisdiction To Correct Errors - Olanipekun by Tareq1105: 10:58am On Nov 24, 2023
Mynd44:
It isn't so difficult. If you believe the appeal court does not have the jurisdiction, then don't file an appeal against the judgement at the Superman court.

Sebi Femi Falana (SAN) has said by virtue of the CTC, Aba Yusuf is the rightful governor, stay on it.

The observed error has been corrected. Let him go and collect if he likes but I know that judges are human beings.
Re: Kano Guber: Appeal Court Has Lost Jurisdiction To Correct Errors - Olanipekun by OPICANTO2223: 10:59am On Nov 24, 2023
Na today?. Eee don tee
Re: Kano Guber: Appeal Court Has Lost Jurisdiction To Correct Errors - Olanipekun by Tareq1105: 11:01am On Nov 24, 2023
Indispensable85:

He misfired on this one. It will backfire clearly. The judgement was read out in the open court. There's no ambiguity in it other than a clerical error. He can't capitalise on a clerical error to lodge an appeal to the SC. Especially when it has been communicated officially by the appeal court registrar that an error has been made.

I don't believe Wole Olanipekun, a senior lawyer, a former Chairman of Body of Benchers would be party to anything that would ridicule or embarrass the judges or judiciary.

I don't believe. His entire life is about judiciary and I don't think he would say so probably it was a young lawyer in his chamber that said so.
Re: Kano Guber: Appeal Court Has Lost Jurisdiction To Correct Errors - Olanipekun by Indispensable85(m): 11:07am On Nov 24, 2023
Tareq1105:

The observed error has been corrected. Let him go and collect if he likes but I know that judges are human beings.

Your Source please?
Re: Kano Guber: Appeal Court Has Lost Jurisdiction To Correct Errors - Olanipekun by Indispensable85(m): 11:08am On Nov 24, 2023
Tareq1105:

I don't believe Wole Olanipekun, a senior lawyer, a former Chairman of Body of Benchers would be party to anything that would ridicule the judges or judiciary.

I don't believe.

Lol ...... not when money is involved
Re: Kano Guber: Appeal Court Has Lost Jurisdiction To Correct Errors - Olanipekun by Integrafamoo: 11:13am On Nov 24, 2023
Babangidapikin:

No clerical officer would have the gut. It is either Money or threat changes stance
Re: Kano Guber: Appeal Court Has Lost Jurisdiction To Correct Errors - Olanipekun by Djele: 11:13am On Nov 24, 2023
The same olanipeku who was defending the drug baron
Re: Kano Guber: Appeal Court Has Lost Jurisdiction To Correct Errors - Olanipekun by Tareq1105: 11:22am On Nov 24, 2023
Indispensable85:

Lol ...... not when money is involved

Wole Olanipekun had seen money in legal practice and cannot afford to embarrass the judges or judiciary. So, it's not Kano state Case money that would make him to rubbish his profession.
Re: Kano Guber: Appeal Court Has Lost Jurisdiction To Correct Errors - Olanipekun by LADEMINUS: 11:25am On Nov 24, 2023
SoNature:
Mr. Wole Olanipekun is doing well for the APC. But, it's quite disturbing the kind of judgement the judiciary passes these days.

We can lose everything, but every well-meaning Nigerian should fight to save the soul of the compromised judiciary. If we lose the judiciary, this country is finished.

Read, Olanipekun is the counsel to the NNPP. Not APC here
Re: Kano Guber: Appeal Court Has Lost Jurisdiction To Correct Errors - Olanipekun by Burob: 11:26am On Nov 24, 2023
SoNature:

I beg gerrout with these story, lose which judiciary, to who?
Re: Kano Guber: Appeal Court Has Lost Jurisdiction To Correct Errors - Olanipekun by Gr8amechi: 11:26am On Nov 24, 2023
ojesymsym:
This has been my thought line, Nigerians are not even worried about the gravity of this, imagine someone doctoring this document, imagine doing this to an international MOU

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lai Mohammed: Jonathan Behind My Arrest By Military / Number Of Pvcs Exceeds Total Registered Voters In Oyo. INEC Explains / Osinbajo Testifies In Church For God's Protection And Victory At The Polls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.