Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,126 members, 7,829,009 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

Kano Guber: Appeal Court Has Lost Jurisdiction To Correct Errors - Olanipekun - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano Guber: Appeal Court Has Lost Jurisdiction To Correct Errors - Olanipekun (22523 Views)

Tribunal Requested Us To Withdraw From Kano Guber Appeal – INEC / Supreme Court Fixes July 28 To Hear Ondo Guber Appeal / Kanu: There 'll Be No Trial On 26 July, Nigeria Has Lost Jurisdiction - Lawyer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kano Guber: Appeal Court Has Lost Jurisdiction To Correct Errors - Olanipekun by Burob: 11:29am On Nov 24, 2023
Djele:
The same olanipeku who was defending the drug baron
Your President na drug baron? Very funny, then you want to go & convince your Ghanaian friends that you & members of your own nucleus & extended family, no dey deal in narcotics also, when you have rightfully confessed that your President is a West Africa & International drug Baron?

You are all the same, just a good case of a confused charcoal Pot, calling an electric kettle black.

Just like the South East mules from across the River Niger, caged up in South East Asia penitentiaries work for your President?
Re: Kano Guber: Appeal Court Has Lost Jurisdiction To Correct Errors - Olanipekun by Bimpe29: 11:50am On Nov 24, 2023
Our judicial system has been in a perennial mess since only God knows when.
Re: Kano Guber: Appeal Court Has Lost Jurisdiction To Correct Errors - Olanipekun by Guyman01: 11:58am On Nov 24, 2023
Mynd44:
It isn't so difficult. If you believe the appeal court does not have the jurisdiction, then don't file an appeal against the judgement at the Superman court.

Sebi Femi Falana (SAN) has said by virtue of the CTC, Aba Yusuf is the rightful governor, stay on it.
You expect them to take chances in a case where even his membership of his party is in dispute?
Let the Supreme Court decide and call the Court of Appeal to order for making this egregious error
Re: Kano Guber: Appeal Court Has Lost Jurisdiction To Correct Errors - Olanipekun by whyyou2023: 12:00pm On Nov 24, 2023
https://t hisglobe.com/index.php?topic=12997464.msg82524754#msg82524754
T hisGlobe.com pictures of abeokuta

Seun osewa has block me from posting pictures
Re: Kano Guber: Appeal Court Has Lost Jurisdiction To Correct Errors - Olanipekun by bahaushe1: 12:02pm On Nov 24, 2023
The guy is wasting his time. The judgement did not favour his client.
Re: Kano Guber: Appeal Court Has Lost Jurisdiction To Correct Errors - Olanipekun by ComeToJesus: 12:46pm On Nov 24, 2023
Until well meaning Nigerians who have functional heads rise and hold INEC and the fraudulent judiciary accountable, it's gonna be a rollercoaster ride for the All Past Criminals (APC), the most corrupt political party in the world, headed by a dollar stuffing chairman.
Re: Kano Guber: Appeal Court Has Lost Jurisdiction To Correct Errors - Olanipekun by Indispensable85(m): 1:00pm On Nov 24, 2023
Tareq1105:

Wole Olanipekun had seen money in legal practice and cannot afford to embarrass the judges or judiciary. So, it's not Kano state Case money that would make him to rubbish his profession.

Money is never enough bro......
He for don retire since na. After all his son is now an SAN. Wetin mk u think say our politicians with all they have stolen still continue to steal. Business men still continue to make more money. Man's cravings for wealth are insatiable.
Re: Kano Guber: Appeal Court Has Lost Jurisdiction To Correct Errors - Olanipekun by achimendy(m): 1:22pm On Nov 24, 2023
ijustdey:
Kano guber: You’ve lost jurisdiction to correct errors, Olanipekun replies appeal court

https://www.thecable.ng/kano-guber-youve-lost-jurisdiction-to-correct-errors-olanipekun-replies-appeal-court/amp

This olanipekun is confused o. Who's he representing sef.
Re: Kano Guber: Appeal Court Has Lost Jurisdiction To Correct Errors - Olanipekun by Mubieey: 2:03pm On Nov 24, 2023
We know what it take to print, stamp and sign a document, that is not just a typing error there must be something hidden
Re: Kano Guber: Appeal Court Has Lost Jurisdiction To Correct Errors - Olanipekun by joefelin2345: 4:22pm On Nov 24, 2023
Babangidapikin:
Chief Olanipekun the Wizard of Law ... I still believe the clerical error was deliberate and sadly the Judges didn't read the content of the documents they attest to ... Naturally the reason you ask people to put pen to paper, is because Oral submission can be denied ... Anyway since there is precedent for matters like this , I think that shouldn't be a problem, but it's definitely a distraction.

😂😂😂😂 The APC candidate better approach the Supreme Court before the time enlapse. Chief always playing the Tortoise game ...
Not only a distraction but complete disgrace to our judiciary. And this could only happened bc the politicians have seen us Nigerians as docile. But one thing I know is that every problem has an expiry date. When a goat or mad person is pushed to the wall it/he shall react. I come in peace though.
Re: Kano Guber: Appeal Court Has Lost Jurisdiction To Correct Errors - Olanipekun by Babangidapikin: 4:24pm On Nov 24, 2023
joefelin2345:
Not only a distraction but complete disgrace to our judiciary. And this could only happened bc the politicians have seen us Nigerians as docile. But one thing I know is that every problem has an expiry date. When a goat or mad person is pushed to the wall it/he shall react. I come in peace though.
They already divided us on tribal, religious line ..we are really not a docile people, just fooled .
Re: Kano Guber: Appeal Court Has Lost Jurisdiction To Correct Errors - Olanipekun by saysoo: 5:08pm On Nov 24, 2023
Why can't the NNPP stay away and wait for the APC to file any objection since the CTC gave them victory.
Re: Kano Guber: Appeal Court Has Lost Jurisdiction To Correct Errors - Olanipekun by Gidigrav(m): 5:27pm On Nov 24, 2023
Re: Kano Guber: Appeal Court Has Lost Jurisdiction To Correct Errors - Olanipekun by stephanie94l: 6:20pm On Nov 24, 2023
Unfortunately our judiciary have been compromised, ratalled and bastardized by this APC regime.what a shame Unfortunately our judiciary have been compromised, ratalled and bastardized by this APC regime.what a shame ...
Re: Kano Guber: Appeal Court Has Lost Jurisdiction To Correct Errors - Olanipekun by WorldRichest: 7:07pm On Nov 24, 2023
Wole Olanikpekun, King of Technicalities.

We are Proud of you Omo Oduduwa. But, this one is gone, sope OTILO. It's gone to APC.
Re: Kano Guber: Appeal Court Has Lost Jurisdiction To Correct Errors - Olanipekun by adekolaelect(m): 7:49pm On Nov 24, 2023
Who is going to fill appeal to the supreme Court now
Re: Kano Guber: Appeal Court Has Lost Jurisdiction To Correct Errors - Olanipekun by IfnobeGod20: 10:03pm On Nov 24, 2023
seunmsg:
Olanipekun must be joking. So, what’s he appealing against if the error cannot be corrected? Since they are claiming victory based on the CTC error, why are they appealing to the Supreme Court? What’s their ground of appeal since they are claiming victory?
The CTC have two faces, hence, it is appealable. There was a part in favour of Yusuf and another part against Yusuf, hence, the appeal at the Supreme Court will brings a lot of drama because I trust any sound lawyer to nail the judges that delivered the judgement for such unpardonable error where the masses already putting the judiciary into test and scrutiny. Such monumental error should not have come out in this critical time of suspicion.
Also remember no matter how senseless a judgement is, it must be appealed if need be.

1 Like

Re: Kano Guber: Appeal Court Has Lost Jurisdiction To Correct Errors - Olanipekun by Caseless: 12:21am On Nov 25, 2023
Mynd44:
It isn't so difficult. If you believe the appeal court does not have the jurisdiction, then don't file an appeal against the judgement at the Superman court.

Sebi Femi Falana (SAN) has said by virtue of the CTC, Aba Yusuf is the rightful governor, stay on it.

Go and read how the mistake of an appeal court judge let Orji Uzo Kalu off the hook and quashed his prison sentence.

The mistake of this court has given this victory to this man they're bribing judges to steal his mandate.

Hasn't supreme court come hard on political parties for their own mistakes? I'm sure they'd come hard on the lower court for their own mistakes. Just wait and see.

2 Likes

Re: Kano Guber: Appeal Court Has Lost Jurisdiction To Correct Errors - Olanipekun by Caseless: 12:24am On Nov 25, 2023
Politicstoday:
“Any application for correction of errors can only be entertained by the supreme court. Section 285(7) of the Constitution earlier referred to becomes very handy and imperative to the effect that the court of appeal cannot take any further step in the appeal or subject after the expiration of sixty (60) days.”

It’s the Supreme Court of justice that correct errors. It’s in the constitution.
Your Muri should go and hire Olanipekun.
Re: Kano Guber: Appeal Court Has Lost Jurisdiction To Correct Errors - Olanipekun by donphilopus: 12:35am On Nov 25, 2023
Caseless:
Your Muri should go and hire Olanipekun.

I thought he would have done so by now.!
Re: Kano Guber: Appeal Court Has Lost Jurisdiction To Correct Errors - Olanipekun by Caseless: 1:33am On Nov 25, 2023
donphilopus:

I thought he would have done so by now.!
No one hears from him again. Though, you know he's a silent attacker. If a not so known lawyer could wrestle the senate seat for Natasha from Yahaya, then imagine what an Olanipekun would do.
Re: Kano Guber: Appeal Court Has Lost Jurisdiction To Correct Errors - Olanipekun by poseidon12: 1:40am On Nov 25, 2023
SoNature:
Mr. Wole Olanipekun is doing well for the APC. But, it's quite disturbing the kind of judgement the judiciary passes these days.

We can lose everything, but every well-meaning Nigerian should fight to save the soul of the compromised judiciary. If we lose the judiciary, this country is finished.

The country is already finished. Buhari killed it. Tinubu came to bury it.
Re: Kano Guber: Appeal Court Has Lost Jurisdiction To Correct Errors - Olanipekun by kolexy(m): 4:08am On Nov 25, 2023
SoNature:
Mr. Wole Olanipekun is doing well for the APC. But, it's quite disturbing the kind of judgement the judiciary passes these days.

We can lose everything, but every well-meaning Nigerian should fight to save the soul of the compromised judiciary. If we lose the judiciary, this country is finished.

Chief Olanipekun represented NNPP in this case.
Re: Kano Guber: Appeal Court Has Lost Jurisdiction To Correct Errors - Olanipekun by donphilopus: 8:05am On Nov 25, 2023
Caseless:
No one hears from him again. Though, you know he's a silent attacker. If a not so known lawyer could wrestle the senate seat for Natasha from Yahaya, then imagine what an Olanipekun would do.

I saw a video of him yesterday which he made some days back urging his supporters to keep calm. He assured them that he would get back his mandate thru the judiciary. So I believe he would have set up a legal committee and got all the evidence needed.

BTW, Tribunal would commence sitting today.
Re: Kano Guber: Appeal Court Has Lost Jurisdiction To Correct Errors - Olanipekun by Caseless: 10:19pm On Nov 25, 2023
donphilopus:

I saw a video of him yesterday which he made some days back urging his supporters to keep calm. He assured them that he would get back his mandate thru the judiciary. So I believe he would have set up a legal committee and got all the evidence needed.

BTW, Tribunal would commence sitting today.

Thanks for the update, bro. Nice one. I guess he's taking a rest.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bidemi Rufai In More Trouble For Deceiving US Court In Desperate Bid To Get Bail / Protesters Disrupt Oduah’s Award Ceremony In London / Russia, Nigeria Sign Memorandum On Security Councils’ Cooperation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.