Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,071 members, 7,818,200 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

See The N200 Watermelon I Bought In Calabar This Afternoon - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / See The N200 Watermelon I Bought In Calabar This Afternoon (48816 Views)

The N100 Orange I Bought In Calabar This Eveninging (photos) / See The N200 Onions I Bought This Evening In Port Harcourt / Food Is Ready: I Killed This Monitor Lizard In My Farm This Afternoon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The N200 Watermelon I Bought In Calabar This Afternoon by Tendd: 6:52pm On Nov 24, 2023
Watermelon,like Banana wouldn't be hard to grow in Calabar if you have a piece of land.Study your environment and begin to do some farming.Also,learn how to mould clay ovens to bake your own bread.So many things we can do for ourselves.

1 Like

Re: See The N200 Watermelon I Bought In Calabar This Afternoon by Ogbonnaa(m): 6:56pm On Nov 24, 2023
RonuThings:
😎

Just Negodu 🙄

Calabar people are Primitive and Local 🤔

Marry a Calabar lady at your own peril 🥱
undecided

1 Like

Re: See The N200 Watermelon I Bought In Calabar This Afternoon by Innobee99(m): 7:02pm On Nov 24, 2023
Looks like a blade
Re: See The N200 Watermelon I Bought In Calabar This Afternoon by Think9ja(m): 7:04pm On Nov 24, 2023
GoWithGood:
This country is surely heading for a crash. No doubt about tbat.

I was bitterly hungry and decided to use the last N200 on me to boost my energy from where I was coming from, trekking this afternoon.

Before now, you could eat a big size of watermelon for N100 but I guess Nigerian government derives pleasure in suffering the citizens the more.

The size was too tiny that I had to ask the woman, "madam are you sure this is for N200?"

I swear I no understand some of una oo.
Na APC/Tinubu be the farmer?
No vex boss, you de go farm? Asin do you produce a single seed of grain or vegetable? Why do we expect groceries to be cheap simply because farmers are mostly uneducated?

This one no be PDP/APC matter.

Look, if you produce what you eat, you'll not have to complain bitterly about rising cost of foodstuffs.

Things like rice, beans, corn flour, groundnut, and other common grains are being wasted in my house simply because we farm it.

I personally don't complain of rising cost of foodstuffs because I know the stress famers go through to produce this. I only complain about things I cannot produce because I don't have the equipment's. Like toothpaste for example.

I don't know why we all want to buy food cheap when more than 80% of the population see farming as job for the poor.

De play

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The N200 Watermelon I Bought In Calabar This Afternoon by Benjanni(m): 7:05pm On Nov 24, 2023
RonuThings:
😎

Just Negodu 🙄

Calabar people are Primitive and Local 🤔

Marry a Calabar lady at your own peril 🥱
wahala you dey find, wahala you go get. Just singing 🎶
Re: See The N200 Watermelon I Bought In Calabar This Afternoon by Truvelisback(m): 7:07pm On Nov 24, 2023
Jeon:
Like the above poster said

Nigeria, is not the only country xperiancing this.

Famine is hitting the World. And only the strongest and fit person[s] can overcome .
Why are Nigerians run to countries like the U.S, U.K, Canada and others, Since you claimed famine is hitting the world? Is hunger hitting Dubai too? Abeg, find a reasonable excuse to give. Naija is going down the drain. Let's leave sentiments and hypocrisy aside and face it.
Re: See The N200 Watermelon I Bought In Calabar This Afternoon by RepoMan007: 7:08pm On Nov 24, 2023
When one ball of water melon hits N2000.
People will realize it is easier to cultivate and get 1000 pieces of watermelon, thereby earning #2m than hoping for a #40k/#50k job you will probably spend half of transporting.

1 Like

Re: See The N200 Watermelon I Bought In Calabar This Afternoon by RepoMan007: 7:10pm On Nov 24, 2023
Truvelisback:
Why are Nigerians run to countries like the U.S, U.K, Canada and others, Since you claimed famine is hitting the world? Is hunger hitting Dubai too? Abeg, find a reasonable excuse to give. Naija is going down the drain. Let's leave sentiments and hypocrisy aside and face it.
famine is hitting the world indeed. UK is still less severe.
Re: See The N200 Watermelon I Bought In Calabar This Afternoon by NaijaCover(m): 7:13pm On Nov 24, 2023
Hmmmmm
Re: See The N200 Watermelon I Bought In Calabar This Afternoon by josephevergreen(m): 7:15pm On Nov 24, 2023
Lagos own is smaller bro..to live for island now no be child play o

3 Likes

Re: See The N200 Watermelon I Bought In Calabar This Afternoon by socialmediaman: 7:18pm On Nov 24, 2023
FuckingMachine:

Oga let this be the last time you touch a watermelon again. Na only you dey hungry?? angry

What do you mean? He just wasted a big part of the watermelon. Why are you encouraging food waste? Something edible remain now grin grin

GoWithGood don't waste scarce food again o grin grin

1 Like

Re: See The N200 Watermelon I Bought In Calabar This Afternoon by Truvelisback(m): 7:19pm On Nov 24, 2023
RepoMan007:
famine is hitting the world indeed. UK is still less severe.
If our Rulers aren't self-centered and thieves, Nigeria would have been in a good. For information, Nigeria is the richest in Africa but our rulers(whom we expected to leader has misused and milked the country dry.

1 Like

Re: See The N200 Watermelon I Bought In Calabar This Afternoon by Think9ja(m): 7:19pm On Nov 24, 2023
2elliot:
These are the birth pangs of Revelation leading to the end of the world. Every country is dealing with diverse issues, cis the world as we know is failing.

Forget all these talks of none state actors. They don't constitute up to ten percent of the problem. Number one cos is an average Nigerian despise farming, because most real farmers live in abject poverty. What are the states in the South doing? Oh! They have oyel, they should be working in NNPC, while the aboki people should be burning under the scorching sun so that the NNPC workers will come and buy one bag of rice 5k. Make we de deceive ourselves for this country de go.

Of the 200m so called population, how many are farmers? And by farmers, I mean real farmers. Not those criminals in government officies parading themselves as farmers just to collect anchor borrowers money.
I bet you famers in Nigeria are not up to ten million. But the entire population want to buy one ball of watermelon N50

Again, let's keep deceiving ourselves

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The N200 Watermelon I Bought In Calabar This Afternoon by Nonexisting1: 7:21pm On Nov 24, 2023
This country is getting worse. The worst is that educated voters are japaing leaving only the illiterate voters behind to continue voting in nonsense leaders. Very soon, people will start eating rats and lizards to survive in this jungle.

Re: See The N200 Watermelon I Bought In Calabar This Afternoon by gratiaeo(m): 7:21pm On Nov 24, 2023
Next election make sure you vote for APC
Re: See The N200 Watermelon I Bought In Calabar This Afternoon by BrickDevo: 7:22pm On Nov 24, 2023
Available9:
Buying sliced watermelon is a sign of poverty...I bet the entire watermelon won't cost up to 1000 naira...buy the entire watermelon, put the rest in the fridge...why buy half ? Or you were not expecting to live to next day ?
yes that is poverty undisputed, he is even begging for job
Re: See The N200 Watermelon I Bought In Calabar This Afternoon by SaLongs1(m): 7:22pm On Nov 24, 2023
Usmanovic95:

What is the cause of the famine,is it a natural cause or human induced cause
From COVID 19 to Putin's invasion of Ukraine with it's disruption of food and fuel, they all add up and lastly Emefiele's wickedness.

1 Like

Re: See The N200 Watermelon I Bought In Calabar This Afternoon by Blessings27(f): 7:27pm On Nov 24, 2023
Johnycastro18:
Dammm this is so small grin

Remember when we use to get a full watermelon for just 150naira until APC happened to us sad

One can still get full watermelon at the rate of 300-500 naira here in Abuja

2 Likes

Re: See The N200 Watermelon I Bought In Calabar This Afternoon by Usmanovic95(m): 7:31pm On Nov 24, 2023
SaLongs1:
From COVID 19 to Putin's invasion of Ukraine with it's disruption of food and fuel, they all add up and lastly Emefiele's wickedness.

I thought you will also mention the military coup in Niger Republic and other sub Saharan African countries.
Re: See The N200 Watermelon I Bought In Calabar This Afternoon by NJV: 7:32pm On Nov 24, 2023
grin grin grin grin grin Abeg I no fit ooo
Re: See The N200 Watermelon I Bought In Calabar This Afternoon by hkidola00(m): 7:32pm On Nov 24, 2023
embarassed embarassed may 200 no hard for us to get ooo
Omoapena:
You still get 200naira to buy watermelon na cheesy
Re: See The N200 Watermelon I Bought In Calabar This Afternoon by blowjohn(m): 7:36pm On Nov 24, 2023
It's the crack epidemic again!
People are taking drugs instead of farming.
Come abuja come see zombies everywhere.
The men are busy dyeing their hair and wearing earrings and forming big boys with dirty clothes and the gals have iPhones but can't pay rent

2 Likes

Re: See The N200 Watermelon I Bought In Calabar This Afternoon by REGINALD001(m): 7:37pm On Nov 24, 2023
GoWithGood:
What left of the shell

Egbon, for doing this to this poor water melon, I wonder what you will do to bone .

It shall be well soon.
Re: See The N200 Watermelon I Bought In Calabar This Afternoon by DDIA: 7:37pm On Nov 24, 2023
Jeon:

You are right. Ours is caused by the governments ,conflicts and other negative stuffs which results to man made famine.
Which one is caused by Hausa/Fulani cattle rustlers? grin
Re: See The N200 Watermelon I Bought In Calabar This Afternoon by Johnycastro18: 7:38pm On Nov 24, 2023
Blessings27:

One can still get full watermelon at the rate of 300-500 naira here in Abuja
that is with abeg bah grin

You might be right though, abuja been close to those northern states were things are a bit cheaper especially from those abokis selling fruits.

1 Like

Re: See The N200 Watermelon I Bought In Calabar This Afternoon by WarriAproko: 7:41pm On Nov 24, 2023
If nobody buy this thing go cheap. Me wan dey plant my own onions
Re: See The N200 Watermelon I Bought In Calabar This Afternoon by 1TrippleCee: 7:49pm On Nov 24, 2023
josephevergreen:
Lagos own is smaller bro..to live for island now no be child play o

Lolz @

..to live for island now no be child play

Create thread gist us na. I let the island some years back

1 Like

Re: See The N200 Watermelon I Bought In Calabar This Afternoon by FaradayIQ: 7:53pm On Nov 24, 2023
Nice and intelligent question

What is the cause of the famine,is it a natural cause or human induced cause[/quote]
Re: See The N200 Watermelon I Bought In Calabar This Afternoon by Yankee101: 7:57pm On Nov 24, 2023
Move to the north
Re: See The N200 Watermelon I Bought In Calabar This Afternoon by drololaaof: 8:08pm On Nov 24, 2023
GoWithGood:
This country is surely heading for a crash. No doubt about tbat.

I was bitterly hungry and decided to use the last N200 on me to boost my energy from where I was coming from, trekking this afternoon.

Before now, you could eat a big size of watermelon for N100 but I guess Nigerian government derives pleasure in suffering the citizens the more.

The size was too tiny that I had to ask the woman, "madam are you sure this is for N200?"

"e be like you no dey this country" - her response.

Well, as the size was too small for me, I almost finished even the shell into my stomach. Hunger bad. God help us.

I think the government has an hidden agenda to wipe away not-well-to-do citizens.

E no go better for APC/Buhari/Tinubu for causing more pains, hunger and suffering to Nigerians.

Please I need financial help or a job. Thanks and God bless.
Why are you disturbing us with this post ,what is in watermelon.
It is a vegetable fruit that has just been introduced that you people now regard as food whereas the nutritious part of it the seeds which is few are being thrown away . It is even of less value to egunsi - melon

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How My Jollof Rice Turned To Water Rice / Photo Of Big Antelope Killed By A Hunter / A Pot Of Soup I Prepared Today (4,900)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.