Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:47 AM

See The N200 Watermelon I Bought In Calabar This Afternoon - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / See The N200 Watermelon I Bought In Calabar This Afternoon (48812 Views)

The N100 Orange I Bought In Calabar This Eveninging (photos) / See The N200 Onions I Bought This Evening In Port Harcourt / Food Is Ready: I Killed This Monitor Lizard In My Farm This Afternoon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The N200 Watermelon I Bought In Calabar This Afternoon by Chetas81(m): 8:11pm On Nov 24, 2023
ONLY AFRICAN ANIMALS LIVING ON IMPORTATION,AS THE LAZY MINDED PEOPLE REFUSED TO PRODUCED HOME MADE PRODUCTION 🦍🤌🦍😂🐔
Re: See The N200 Watermelon I Bought In Calabar This Afternoon by Justkatty(f): 8:16pm On Nov 24, 2023
FuckingMachine:

Oga let this be the last time you touch a watermelon again. Na only you dey hungry?? angry
grin
Re: See The N200 Watermelon I Bought In Calabar This Afternoon by seborrhic: 8:20pm On Nov 24, 2023
Dybala11:

You should volunteer yourself for the burning in front of Aso rock then.
Do you see me opening threads everyday lamenting that garri is now 2k for a cup or that bottled groundnut is now 5k?
Or that 2 pieces of Titus fish is now 8k?
You ask yourself:all the lamenting since the days of Buhari did it change anything?
All the daily horrible news and tears of blood about the cost of things and living in Nigeria has it even as much as made Tinubu to cancel any of his travel plans,change policies,address Nigerians or call an emergency cabinet meeting?
With all the lamentations,members of the NASS are still buying ₦100-₦150m jeeps.
Does it not tell you the cries doesn't even affect them one bit or their mindset about the way they act?
So what are all the lamentations on social media for?Nothing,just adding to the psychological trauma of the same people lamenting,it's not affecting or changing the course of a SINGLE item of goverment policy or ways they are running the country!

2 Likes

Re: See The N200 Watermelon I Bought In Calabar This Afternoon by Dybala11(m): 8:25pm On Nov 24, 2023
seborrhic:

Do you see me opening threads everyday lamenting that garri is now 2k for a cup or that bottled groundnut is now 5k?
Or that 2 pieces of Titus fish is now 8k?
You ask yourself:all the lamenting since the days of Buhari did it change anything.
All the daily horrible news and tears of blood about the cost of things and living in Nigeria has it even as much as made Tinubu to cancel any of his travel plans,change policies,address's Nigerians or call an emergency cabinet meeting.
With all the lamentations members of the NASS are still buying ₦100-₦150m jeeps.
Does it not tell you the cries doesn't even affect them one bit?So what are all the lamentations on social media for?Nothing,just adding to the psychological trauma of the same people lamenting,it's not affecting or changing the course of a SINGLE item of goverment policy or ways they are running the country!
Don't get me wrong, I understand and agree with most of your points, except your idea of someone setting himself ablaze in protest. E be like say we don enter one chance for this country already.
Re: See The N200 Watermelon I Bought In Calabar This Afternoon by Usmanovic95(m): 8:26pm On Nov 24, 2023
Dybala11:

True, but then what's happening currently in our society isn't famine.
Famine involve food scarcity to cater for the citizens, there's more than enough food around but the purchasing ability of some/a lot of the citizens have been considerably lowered, thereby preventing them from being able to afford having adequate meals.

We actually can't categorize what is happening in Nigeria as famine.Even though a lot of farmers have downtools because of the constant attacks from marauding herdsmen.
A greater number of them still practice farming but they do this by paying levies and taxes to herdsmen in order to plant and harvest.Logically the final consumer will bear part of their production ( taxes and levies paid to the herdsmen). And this will result to hiking in price of food and raw materials.

2 Likes

Re: See The N200 Watermelon I Bought In Calabar This Afternoon by Olat4421: 8:27pm On Nov 24, 2023
U are a big man ooo so u still get 200 naira to buy watermelon in dis regime grin grin😎

1 Like

Re: See The N200 Watermelon I Bought In Calabar This Afternoon by ExudeLoveToAll: 8:31pm On Nov 24, 2023
Jeon:

Famine can comes in natural , man made or both @ a time.

Its not issue of famine, water melon is everywhere.

The issue of the cost is basically caused by the economic issues bedeviling the Nigerian state. Cost of transportation from production to consumption sites have doubled if not tripped, reduction in the purchasing power of the naira, double digit inflation, bad road network, insecurity at production sites etc

3 Likes

Re: See The N200 Watermelon I Bought In Calabar This Afternoon by Dybala11(m): 8:32pm On Nov 24, 2023
Usmanovic95:

We actually can't categorize what is happening in Nigeria as famine.Even though a lot of farmers have downtools because of the constant attacks from marauding herdsmen.
A greater number of them still practice farming but they do this by paying levies and taxes to herdsmen in order to plant and harvest.Logically the final consumer will bear part of their production ( taxes and levies paid to the herdsmen). And this will result to hiking in price of food and raw materials.
True, very true. Even then, this is not the only reason for the current mess we have in the food production and agricultural sector now sha. Greed and several other factors are also contributing to the current deplorable state of things. Nigeria as a whole is a bit complex o, the presence of diverse cultures which should have normally been a strength/plus for us is even one of the main reasons for division.
Re: See The N200 Watermelon I Bought In Calabar This Afternoon by Ijaya123: 8:50pm On Nov 24, 2023
GoWithGood:
This country is surely heading for a crash. No doubt about tbat.

I was bitterly hungry and decided to use the last N200 on me to boost my energy from where I was coming from, trekking this afternoon.

Before now, you could eat a big size of watermelon for N100 but I guess Nigerian government derives pleasure in suffering the citizens the more.

The size was too tiny that I had to ask the woman, "madam are you sure this is for N200?"

"e [b][/b]be like you no dey this country" - her response.

Well, as the size was too small for me, I almost finished even the shell into my stomach. Hunger bad. God help us.

I think the government has an hidden agenda to wipe away not-well-to-do citizens.

E no go better for APC/Buhari/Tinubu for causing more pains, hunger and suffering to Nigerians.

Please I need financial help or a job. Thanks and God bless.

Is it the government that is producing and selling watermelon 🍉 🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️
Re: See The N200 Watermelon I Bought In Calabar This Afternoon by jojothaiv(m): 8:50pm On Nov 24, 2023
FuckingMachine:

Oga let this be the last time you touch a watermelon again. Na only you dey hungry?? angry
This one no go really understand.

See, if e soft for your side use am well many dey outside wey never see 500 since morning..
Re: See The N200 Watermelon I Bought In Calabar This Afternoon by obesse: 9:05pm On Nov 24, 2023
Jeon:
Like the above poster said

Nigeria, is not the only country xperiancing this.

Famine is hitting the World. And only the strongest and fit person[s] can overcome .

modified: To those giving me useless mentions, abeg make unah chop me. Everyone with his own opinion
Your 30k a month mobilization fee no go fit sustain you Sha!
Whether you like am or not, posterity go judge o. And remember say Karma go serve you breakfast when the time reach!
Just kwantiniu!!!!
Re: See The N200 Watermelon I Bought In Calabar This Afternoon by Usmanovic95(m): 9:07pm On Nov 24, 2023
Dybala11:

True, very true. Even then, this is not the only reason for the current mess we have in the food production and agricultural sector now sha. Greed and several other factors are also contributing to the current deplorable state of things. Nigeria as a whole is a bit complex o, the presence of diverse cultures which should have normally been a strength/plus for us is even one of the main reasons for division.

The genesis of our problem was forcing people of diverse culture,language,religion and tradition to cohabitate with each other.We are not united on any front.At this point,hunger and other bad government policies should have unite everyone and take the fight to our common enemies, but rather we are still divided as always.

2 Likes

Re: See The N200 Watermelon I Bought In Calabar This Afternoon by magzey: 9:10pm On Nov 24, 2023
With N200 you will buy a relatively full medium size Water melon in Kano. grin
Re: See The N200 Watermelon I Bought In Calabar This Afternoon by Dybala11(m): 9:14pm On Nov 24, 2023
Usmanovic95:

The genesis of our problem was forcing people of diverse culture,language,religion and tradition to cohabitate with each other.We are not united on any front.At this point,hunger and other bad government policies should have unite everyone and take the fight to our common enemies, but rather we are still divided as always.
Normally, this problem shouldn't be sef. I always thought that there's strength in diversity/variety until I saw the example of Nigeria. 🤦🤦

1 Like

Re: See The N200 Watermelon I Bought In Calabar This Afternoon by ylaa(f): 9:34pm On Nov 24, 2023
How about labels? Do you print labels?

quote author=lungue post=127144066]It's that time in history when everyone needs to brace up, and become a workaholic to survive

Please We will Design a Professional Company Logo or Letterhead for Businesses for 2k only

pay on delivery
Drop us your Company name for your Logo
https://forms.gle/YVhouV8grytN6Bwr9
_[/quote]
Re: See The N200 Watermelon I Bought In Calabar This Afternoon by themanderon: 9:35pm On Nov 24, 2023
In 2008 a large sized water melon was sold for 40 naira in the north and then I never used to like eating it then. Nigeria has fallen terribly since then due to bad leadership.

1 Like

Re: See The N200 Watermelon I Bought In Calabar This Afternoon by Usmanovic95(m): 10:01pm On Nov 24, 2023
Dybala11:

Normally, this problem shouldn't be sef. I always thought that there's strength in diversity/variety until I saw the example of Nigeria. 🤦🤦

Haha 😅 Nigeria's case always finds a way to defy logic.
With our massive population, normally investors should be trooping in to invest rather what we are witnessing is mass exodus of foreign investors couple with the fact the government can't cater for the ever increasing population. So we are experiencing POPULATION CURSE.
Nigeria is ranked among the top exporters of crude oil in the world, but an average citizen on a minimum wage can barely afford a litre of petrol,RESOURCE CURSE.
Nigeria can boast of good climate and soil condition.You can literally pack some soil anywhere and cultivate on it and you can be rest assured it will germinate into a mature plant with bountiful harvest, but despite the fertile land good climate, we still have a large population of hungry people.
Only God has the best answer to why our case is like this,it always seems like a mystery to me.
Re: See The N200 Watermelon I Bought In Calabar This Afternoon by seborrhic: 10:16pm On Nov 24, 2023
Dybala11:

Don't get me wrong, I understand and agree with most of your points, except your idea of someone setting himself ablaze in protest. E be like say we don enter one chance for this country already.
Okay,I get you.
The point I was also trying to put across is that the average Nigerian (me included) is a coward that even when staring death in the face caused for eg by misgovernance or a goverment policy,would rather start beating and blaming his/herself than radically confront the perpetrator of his/her condition.
Tell me any other country in the world where cost of fuel would go up overnight by 400%,then at the same time,the country's currency is devalued by about 70% without as much as a demonstration,talkless violent protests!
Even in America and the western world,with democratic elections and ability to change a bad goverment at the polls,if these 2 policies alone were implemented,they wouldn't wait till the next poll to start protests and review of the policies!!!

1 Like

Re: See The N200 Watermelon I Bought In Calabar This Afternoon by SaLongs1(m): 10:18pm On Nov 24, 2023
Usmanovic95:

I thought you will also mention the military coup in Niger Republic and other sub Saharan African countries.
We don't very much rely on the countries you mentioned for our supplies in fact it is the other way round, so our woes have to do with mostly what I mentioned before.
Re: See The N200 Watermelon I Bought In Calabar This Afternoon by Usmanovic95(m): 10:26pm On Nov 24, 2023
SaLongs1:
We don't very much rely on the countries you mentioned for our supplies in fact it is the other way round, so our woes have to do with mostly what I mentioned before.

We rely more on Niger for our food supplies than we rely on Russia and Ukraine combined.
Re: See The N200 Watermelon I Bought In Calabar This Afternoon by blowjohn(m): 10:47pm On Nov 24, 2023
Frm ur first paragraph, u use 200 naira to buy watermelon for energy?
U see urself?

Wetin do fanta or sprite?

U cud have bought small fanta and 50 naira biscuit.
Re: See The N200 Watermelon I Bought In Calabar This Afternoon by blowjohn(m): 10:50pm On Nov 24, 2023
How can u say u want to boost ur energy with 200 naira and u go to buy a slice of watermelon?

Fanta and biscuit nko? 150 naira fanta and 50 naira biscuit

Don't u know u will eventually get hungry cos of the fibre and vitamins in the watermelon?

Think smart o. Think and eat smart o.

1 Like

Re: See The N200 Watermelon I Bought In Calabar This Afternoon by Melagros(m): 10:57pm On Nov 24, 2023
Usmanovic95:

What is the cause of the famine,is it a natural cause or human induced cause
Abeg you can ask this question again
Re: See The N200 Watermelon I Bought In Calabar This Afternoon by enemyofprogress: 12:42am On Nov 25, 2023
Things are too expenses now
Re: See The N200 Watermelon I Bought In Calabar This Afternoon by iammolise(m): 1:12am On Nov 25, 2023
Govt dey do dere own, but apart from that we Nigerians are wicked towards one another. Imagine they haven't closed a border yet, only govt announcement of a possible closure but u'll find out that people selling stuff around that terrain has doubled the prices of items. We need to love one another if we really want to grow as a people.
Re: See The N200 Watermelon I Bought In Calabar This Afternoon by rolams(m): 2:22am On Nov 25, 2023
Very big grin grin angry
Re: See The N200 Watermelon I Bought In Calabar This Afternoon by yilari(m): 3:07am On Nov 25, 2023
I bought a complete ball of it at 200naira in the north.
Re: See The N200 Watermelon I Bought In Calabar This Afternoon by Generalgoshen: 5:45am On Nov 25, 2023
GoWithGood:
This country is surely heading for a crash. No doubt about tbat.

I was bitterly hungry and decided to use the last N200 on me to boost my energy from where I was coming from, trekking this afternoon.

Before now, you could eat a big size of watermelon for N100 but I guess Nigerian government derives pleasure in suffering the citizens the more.

The size was too tiny that I had to ask the woman, "madam are you sure this is for N200?"

"e be like you no dey this country" - her response.

Well, as the size was too small for me, I almost finished even the shell into my stomach. Hunger bad. God help us.

I think the government has an hidden agenda to wipe away not-well-to-do citizens.

E no go better for APC/Buhari/Tinubu for causing more pains, hunger and suffering to Nigerians.

Please I need financial help or a job. Thanks and God bless.
where in calabar
Mobil,mcc??
Re: See The N200 Watermelon I Bought In Calabar This Afternoon by OyinO: 6:12am On Nov 25, 2023
Are you not aware that bandits and terrorists now tax farmers in the north and middle belt regions, and kidnap and kill others? So why are you surprised?
Re: See The N200 Watermelon I Bought In Calabar This Afternoon by Dybala11(m): 7:22am On Nov 25, 2023
seborrhic:

Okay,I get you.
The point I was also trying to put across is that the average Nigerian (me included) is a coward that even when staring death in the face caused for eg by misgovernance or a goverment policy,would rather start beating and blaming his/herself than radically confront the perpetrator of his/her condition.
Tell me any other country in the world where cost of fuel would go up overnight by 400%,then at the same time,the country's currency is devalued by about 70% without as much as a demonstration,talkless violent protests!
Even in America and the western world,with democratic elections and ability to change a bad goverment at the polls,if these 2 policies alone were implemented,they wouldn't wait till the next poll to start protests and review of the policies!!!
True sha, things would have turned bloody. There was a national protest organised by NLC and APC in 2012 to tackle a somehow similar occurrence that made Jonathan to have a U-turn on his decision on removing subsidy completely on petrol. Now that the same APC is in power, they want to have us believe that the subsidy they clamoured for alongside Nigerians then is now evil. We don go from frying pan to fire. 🤔🤔

I mean, is this the same political party that came to power in 2015 crying wolf about corruption and the increasing hardship that Nigerians were experiencing during Jonathan's regime or another one??
As far as I was against Jonathan's regime cos of the corruption, but e don clear for my eyes now. Every single thing that APC criticised years ago is playing out in their own government right now, las las all our politicians are corrupt birds of a feather.
Re: See The N200 Watermelon I Bought In Calabar This Afternoon by Dybala11(m): 7:32am On Nov 25, 2023
Usmanovic95:

Haha 😅 Nigeria's case always finds a way to defy logic.
With our massive population, normally investors should be trooping in to invest rather what we are witnessing is mass exodus of foreign investors couple with the fact the government can't cater for the ever increasing population. So we are experiencing POPULATION CURSE.
Nigeria is ranked among the top exporters of crude oil in the world, but an average citizen on a minimum wage can barely afford a litre of petrol,RESOURCE CURSE.
Nigeria can boast of good climate and soil condition.You can literally pack some soil anywhere and cultivate on it and you can be rest assured it will germinate into a mature plant with bountiful harvest, but despite the fertile land good climate, we still have a large population of hungry people.
Only God has the best answer to why our case is like this,it always seems like a mystery to me.
Omo, you have said it all o.
E kon dey be like spiritual curse or demonic issue. It totally defies logic.
I grew up hearing that there is strength in numbers, e reach Nigeria's case our ever increasing population/numbers turned to a disadvantage. Na wao. 🤦
Re: See The N200 Watermelon I Bought In Calabar This Afternoon by Babysho(m): 8:12am On Nov 25, 2023
Jeon:
Like the above poster said

Nigeria, is not the only country xperiancing this.

Famine is hitting the World. And only the strongest and fit person[s] can overcome .

modified: To those giving me useless mentions, abeg make unah chop me. Everyone with his own opinion

If any continent is complaining of famine, it should never be the motherland Africa that birth life.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Pot Of Soup I Prepared Today (4,900) / How My Jollof Rice Turned To Water Rice / Photo Of Big Antelope Killed By A Hunter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.