Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,999 members, 7,835,372 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

Teaching Is The Worst Job In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Teaching Is The Worst Job In Nigeria (22436 Views)

Worst Job Experience / Name The Worst Companies To Work For In Nigeria And Give Your Reasons / The Worst Job On Earth And Where It Exists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Teaching Is The Worst Job In Nigeria by Jokerman(m): 8:45pm On Nov 25, 2023
This is because Nigerians don't value education.

Imagine parents paying 10,000 for a term school fees, how will such a school pay it's teachers well

3 Likes

Re: Teaching Is The Worst Job In Nigeria by Godsonkemz(m): 8:45pm On Nov 25, 2023
Why not go straight to the point if your student offended you
Re: Teaching Is The Worst Job In Nigeria by Fortune118005(m): 8:46pm On Nov 25, 2023
HellVictorinho6:
Thats why itz normal 4 teachers to be attacked 4 every error or failure or problem of the students.

They earn less than everyone else.

They have no right to complain about anything they are asked to do.

Either they stay or they quit.

They are also expected to solve problems that are hereditary.

They are expected to provide answers to questions even when those questions are not expected to come from them.

Teachers are not valued in Nigeria that is what looks as if its the worst.

2 Likes

Re: Teaching Is The Worst Job In Nigeria by OgbeniOja1: 8:46pm On Nov 25, 2023
Univ lecturers dey really suffer too

2 Likes

Re: Teaching Is The Worst Job In Nigeria by ravensckar(m): 8:47pm On Nov 25, 2023
udede:
Hmmmmm OP you are very wrong. Real teachers are not so bothered. Teaching is actually a call and those that answered, have job sertisfaction . I can confirm because i answered that call for many years. The pay is not much but the joy is "mucher" (i hope you allowed my poetic licence)
Mr. Teacher, I greet you o. cheesy cheesy

Judging by what you typed above, your reward is definitely not on this Earth but in Heaven. cheesy cheesy

This your grammar is confusing my confusion. Haha!

1 Like

Re: Teaching Is The Worst Job In Nigeria by Monaboo(m): 8:47pm On Nov 25, 2023
Very soon, parents will end up teaching their kids at home by themselves because the well educated teachers are leaving the profession.

Why? Poor Renumeration. It's only in Nigeria that Secondary School teachers are paid N30K per month.

How do u want someone to survive on such a salary. School Owners will be paying such salary and be thinking they are doing you a favour.

I started teaching in 2009 with SSCE. I actually love teaching. Teaching is my calling. I started doing Students Broadsheet when I was just 8yrs old. I went to the University and bagged a B.Sc in Geography and Planning.

I was teaching Geography in a Private Secondary School in Lagos. Woke up one morning and said goodbye to teaching in Nigeria.

Teachers are not paid well. They are not treated well. School Owners use teachers anyhow. I used to teach the whole school. I taught Jss1 to JSS3 Agricultural Science and SS1 to SS3 Geography. You will write lesson note for all the classes and be tired. You will enter class and copy note on the blackboard till your whole hands pain you. You will shout on top of ur voice teaching till u have headache. Principal will still shout on you in presence on students. I suffered. All on top of rubbish salary wey no reach N25K.

People say "Teaching Is A Calling". I laugh grin

Becos it is calling that will pay the bills abi? angry

Even children now do not want to end up as teachers. Even u reading this would not want ur child to end up as a teacher in Nigeria.

Now am not talking about Government school teachers o. Atleast those ones still dey see money.

Some Private school teachers earn as low as 20K per month in Nigeria. Graduates o. In this Buhari-Tinubu Guinness World Record Regime.

My neighbor now is complaining cos her child keeps failing JAMB. She can't pass Chemistry. Why? The school changes teachers every session which is affecting her. The last one did not teach some chemistry topics to the students which came out in JAMB this year.

Mama dey vex. She dey blame the Teacher. I told her to calm down. I asked her does she know how much the school pays the Chemistry Teacher? She said No. I laughed.

You can never be motivated to do ur best when u are not well paid. I told her to hold the School responsible for her daughter's downfall not the teacher.

Teaching is one of the hardest professions in the world because we are the Mother of all professions.

I'm just looking for money now to do my International Passport. Once I get it by God's grace, I don leave Nigeria for una.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Teaching Is The Worst Job In Nigeria by 1TrippleCee: 8:47pm On Nov 25, 2023
You moved the thread of someone with major maental problem to the front page to sread his mental illness.

What is wrong with you mods. This guy sees nothing but negatives about life in its entirety and you just helped his venom
Re: Teaching Is The Worst Job In Nigeria by Fulgur: 8:49pm On Nov 25, 2023
HellVictorinho6:
Thats why itz normal 4 teachers to be attacked 4 every error or failure or problem of the students.

They are expected to provide answers to questions even when those questions are not expected to come from them.

It's easy to guess you're a teacher. Your post rings loud on a personal subjective. But your punctuations and general writing standard drains the credibility out of your post
Re: Teaching Is The Worst Job In Nigeria by Expanse2020(m): 8:49pm On Nov 25, 2023
tayo4ng:
Teachers reward is in heaven.
You are a killer🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Teaching Is The Worst Job In Nigeria by Tundex911: 8:49pm On Nov 25, 2023
Whereas through the teaching many are out their making us proud

1 Like

Re: Teaching Is The Worst Job In Nigeria by Entanglement: 8:49pm On Nov 25, 2023
tayo4ng:
If I slap your dirty mouth now angry

1 Like

Re: Teaching Is The Worst Job In Nigeria by Hueyreckless0007: 8:50pm On Nov 25, 2023
udede:
Hmmmmm OP you are very wrong. Real teachers are not so bothered. Teaching is actually a call and those that answered, have job sertisfaction . I can confirm because i answered that call for many years. The pay is not much but the joy is "mucher" (i hope you allowed my poetic licence)

Dey deceive yourself bros.

3 Likes

Re: Teaching Is The Worst Job In Nigeria by Padipadi(m): 8:51pm On Nov 25, 2023
tayo4ng:
Chai
Re: Teaching Is The Worst Job In Nigeria by Padipadi(m): 8:51pm On Nov 25, 2023
HellVictorinho6:

You v said it all, provoke well.
Re: Teaching Is The Worst Job In Nigeria by descarado: 8:51pm On Nov 25, 2023
HellVictorinho6:

Teacher job is more than teaching. If you are not qualified, leave the job for the qualified ones
Re: Teaching Is The Worst Job In Nigeria by PoliteActivist: 8:51pm On Nov 25, 2023
HellVictorinho6:

One word: UNIONIZE!!!!!
Re: Teaching Is The Worst Job In Nigeria by Gentlesoul2021(m): 8:52pm On Nov 25, 2023
Tb19:
The quote "A Teacher reward is in heaven"is a punchline for you to get exploited by capitalism the more.

In all humility, who the Bleep told you all teachers will make heaven if there's in fact one

If you're in your 20s, deep down you know you can't amount to anything with that job in this country.

Take risk, do that fraud, the times where decency in how you earn might get you something or somewhere great is gone.

Critically look at the options to make money legally in this country and compare it to the population, then you'll realise that everyone cannot succeed legally.

So that your friend that did fraud but you did not join him or her because you thought there's something better somewhere, better swallow your pride and go back to him or her if they're still in the country anyway and like you enough to forgive and teach you.

The concept of right or wrong is relative to the circumstances in your environment, everyone won't have first class or second class upper, so what should others do, kill themselves

Do what you have to do then go legit, a time might come in this country or the world where only those that have money would be afforded rights

Most people that did fraud(yahoo yahoo) and other affiliated schemes would go on to live a very fulfilled life, don't be shocked when their kids or they themselves employ you, the hardworking citizens. E.g your politicians.

Get off your moral horse or moral high ground and observe the times you're in then act accordingly because times have changed.

U want them to do that fraud till they use one of Ur sis for ritual then Ur eye go clear. It's when crime and all sort of atrocities are rampant that's when we will start shouting again. Come on let us be reasonable in what we dish out... This is total rubbish...

5 Likes

Re: Teaching Is The Worst Job In Nigeria by Chatgpt: 8:53pm On Nov 25, 2023
Your reward is in heaven
Re: Teaching Is The Worst Job In Nigeria by CalabarPikin: 8:54pm On Nov 25, 2023
But the best profession
Re: Teaching Is The Worst Job In Nigeria by dabonny(m): 8:56pm On Nov 25, 2023
udede:

Kai nah! If nah play make you stop am jaaare; which one be sertisfaction and mucher;

1 Like

Re: Teaching Is The Worst Job In Nigeria by Fatbam005: 8:57pm On Nov 25, 2023
udede:
Which joy , perhaps you taught in one of those posh schools in Lagos or Abuja. A teacher that is paid 25k with strict deduction here and there, even the leftover, will not be paid until it enters the next month. Real teachers are not bothered? Oga, You left the profession because you were bothered the future looks bleak

3 Likes

Re: Teaching Is The Worst Job In Nigeria by fredpeter(m): 8:57pm On Nov 25, 2023
HellVictorinho6:

Heaven sef dey mad!

Spits!

Imagine what they call an intelligent design!

The planet Earth itself is shameless

Tho atheists can be enemies

Spits on einstein, he died an asshole,

The religion is also 4 lyrics

Spits again

And again

And again

Assassins can also steal in uniforms but only 4 those in gowns to use the pen 4 writing what will favour their wetness

Spits on dem wigs

U cant repair my head if u find it incorrect

Thats why i consider this land a template 4 constant gba gba gbos gba gban gban

Spits once more!

U suppose be literature teacher
Re: Teaching Is The Worst Job In Nigeria by Simdyofficial(f): 8:57pm On Nov 25, 2023
Good bad and ugly!!!! Your choice. I was earning 5k teaching primary 3 pupils in 2013. Lol. Crazy uhn? I left after few terms.. I have a friend in same school, as a teacher.. I quit and furthered my education, she was teaching and schooling part time in a college of education... Today she's a school proprietor, doing well with lots of students. God can bless anybody. Even shoemaker's nowadays don upgrade

7 Likes

Re: Teaching Is The Worst Job In Nigeria by boom99(m): 9:01pm On Nov 25, 2023
If God dey your side you go earn more than 300k in teaching

2 Likes

Re: Teaching Is The Worst Job In Nigeria by Kaka77(m): 9:05pm On Nov 25, 2023
I am a trained Teacher in my late thirties and I earn more than a quarter of a million monthly aside my side hussle.

8 Likes

Re: Teaching Is The Worst Job In Nigeria by Jewessgratitud3: 9:06pm On Nov 25, 2023
Not all teaching jobs. It depends on the school.

You see dealing with hereditary problem, I agree with you on that one. Cheiii.. you'll teach and each, explain, explain still they won't grab anything until you're forced to believe it is hereditary.

It is well o.

2 Likes

Re: Teaching Is The Worst Job In Nigeria by Michaelbabs51(m): 9:07pm On Nov 25, 2023
Teachers are very great people, but it's sad the Nation we are doesn't appreciate their contribution towards human capital development.
I grew up to know my father as a teacher and he's still teaching after about 30 years with nothing tangible to show except for the house he built with the help of my mother.
This makes me hate the profession. Teachers are the most underrated and underappreciated professional in this country, still their role cannot be overemphasized. I wish to make that profession an envious one if I have the opportunity.
God bless all teachers.

5 Likes

Re: Teaching Is The Worst Job In Nigeria by boom99(m): 9:07pm On Nov 25, 2023
Kaka77:
I am a trained Teacher in my late thirties and I earn more than a quarter of a million monthly aside my side hussle.

Very possible

1 Like

Re: Teaching Is The Worst Job In Nigeria by Skillsnigeria: 9:11pm On Nov 25, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Teaching Is The Worst Job In Nigeria by perezski(m): 9:11pm On Nov 25, 2023
Well this OP is ill-informed or not informed at all. If only you knew how financially rewarding teaching job is . Most of you guys are so primitive with your mentality towards teaching. Hence end up teaching in a backward private school that runs Nigerian curriculum, despite your Bsc or BEd and whatever qualifications you have you don't take a simple approach towards empowering yourself with teaching skills and curriculum that pays Nigerian teachers satisfactorily. Op do you know how much Cambridge Schools in 9ja pay their staff? If I say Cambridge school not all those quasi- British/Nigerian hybrid schools or the wannabes. I mean schools like Regents, CIS, BIS and loads of others spread across Lagos,Porthacourt and Abuja. These schools only need your experience in any of the Cambridge IGCSE/Edexcel subjects and gbam, you could be earning as high as 500k monthly as your net. Instead of you bastardising teaching, go and repackage your self and your thinking process. With these range of salary some guys in the Maths and Science department even run Homelessons that pay them close to 400k aside from their salary. And please don't tell me these schools are not for every teacher. If you equip your self with the right skills and knowledge, these kind of jobs are for you overtime and you don't even need to japa if you know what you are doing. Over!

8 Likes

Re: Teaching Is The Worst Job In Nigeria by 2special(m): 9:12pm On Nov 25, 2023
udede:
Satisfaction
Re: Teaching Is The Worst Job In Nigeria by Nwaotu10(m): 9:13pm On Nov 25, 2023
I pity your life if you don't quit that us**less teaching job now and hit the street.

I'm a qualified English teacher who abandoned the profession long ago.

Teachers are poor.

All my life, I have never seen a rich teacher. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Promised Unemployment Benefit Of N5,000 Would Take Effect In 2016 - Punch / Who Knows About Early Global Resources Ltd, Lagos / Recruitment: NDLEA Speaks Over Aptitude Tests Protest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.