Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,812 members, 7,844,628 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

The Most Backward State In Nigeria? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Most Backward State In Nigeria? (18284 Views)

Images: Three Most Backward And Poorly Governed Nigerian States / Anambra Fingered As Having The Most Backward And Primitive Community In The SE / What State Is The Most Backward State In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by tashanja(m): 11:28am On Oct 31, 2011
Kai, some of the posts are just too funny; but please jokes aside, how true is that Keke-Napeps convoy story? - seems to me too far fetched to be true shocked lipsrsealed grin
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by OlaBamitu: 11:53am On Oct 31, 2011
Kai, some of the posts are just too funny; but please jokes aside, how true is that Keke-Napeps convoy story? - seems to me too far fetched to be true   

Honestly its true, why do you think we are raising alarm now for people to know and avoid that dungeon called ekiti.

the guy cruises with not less than 8 keke napep each time he is cruising out.

May you NEVER be found in ekiti

Oya say AMEN
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by Beync(f): 12:42pm On Oct 31, 2011
In my state, my community in particular, A professor is a well learned person, refined, respected not because of his words of mouth but by proven track records of achievements in his educational, social and economic status. He is organisez, has a great deal of practical experience in his/her field. His/her knowledge/experience is somthing to tap from.
Unfortunately, these folks are here running mouth how they produce professors for their neigbours, for what use? They should help develop themselves first then talk about your neigbours.

People dat hav good natural resources in their homes but they cant tap it, they call it gods and worship stone
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Oct 31, 2011
How are the goats in Ekiti doing?
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by airmark(m): 1:17pm On Oct 31, 2011
Ebonyi is No. 1. Ibos, themselves are not proud of that hell.

Beync:

In my state, my community in particular, A professor is a well learned person, refined, respected not because of his words of mouth but by proven track records of achievements in his educational, social and economic status. He is organisez, has a great deal of practical experience in his/her field.
That your State and Community has no name? You know you will be bursted here. Lol.
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by realisticm: 1:25pm On Oct 31, 2011
I wonder why Ω̴Φ one mention OGUN state. Maybe because most of U̶̲̥̅̊ have never been there. If U̶̲̥̅̊ want to prove  ♍ƺ wrong just go on excursion to agbado crossing, sango, ota, ijoko, itoko, gas line et al.

P.S: if U̶̲̥̅̊ r going there, go with U̶̲̥̅̊я swimming trunk, ladies go with bikini. Aπϑ if U̶̲̥̅̊ cannot swim please don't go there without U̶̲̥̅̊я canoe
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by MeGaStReEt: 1:26pm On Oct 31, 2011
EDO STATE
EDO STATE

EDO STATE

EDO STATE

EDO STATE

EDO STATE
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by unongu(m): 1:47pm On Oct 31, 2011
In terms of resources allocation and usage, Bayelsa is the most "Backward" in that regard. So much money but nothing to show for it as a result of greed by their leaders.
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Oct 31, 2011
If you are looking at unfulfilled potentials as ur criteria, then Abia State is the undisputed No 1 most backward
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by Afam4eva(m): 3:00pm On Oct 31, 2011
Abeg, make una free Ekiti state. States in the north are more backward than EK. but it takes the cake in the south.
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by jason123: 3:03pm On Oct 31, 2011
afam4eva:

Abeg, make una free Ekiti state. States in the north are more backward than EK. but it takes the cake in the south.

Ekiti is more backward than Ebonyi This is new to me. How many Ebonyi indigenes do we have on NL compared to Ekiti? let's start from there.
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by Afam4eva(m): 3:09pm On Oct 31, 2011
jason123:

Ekiti is more backward than Ebonyi This is new to me. How many Ebonyi indigenes do we have on NL compared to Ekiti? let's start from there.

So, a state's population is now a criteria for knowing how backward the state is? I'm hearing this for the first time.

Btw, have you asked everyone on Nairaland to know which state they hail from? Because few elements on this forum eat and breathe Ekiti doesn't mean the state has more population on Nairaland compared to Ebonyi.
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by jason123: 3:17pm On Oct 31, 2011
afam4eva:

So, a state's population is now a criteria for knowing how backward the state is? I'm hearing this for the first time.

Btw, have you asked everyone on Nairaland to know which state they hail from? Because few elements on this forum eat and breathe Ekiti doesn't mean the state has more population on Nairaland compared to Ebonyi.

I am not talking in terms of population but enlightenment and development.

For instance, we have less Northerners than Southerners on NL. The North is more back ward than the South, isn't it
We have more Diasporans, Lagosians, Rivers, Anambra and Delteans on NL, than anyother niche of people, don't we?? Are they not more enlightened and live in a more developed setting, generally speaking?

From this we can hypothesize that there is a direct positive relationship between the number of people in a niche (average) to how enlightened and developed the niche is.

With that said, Ebonyi is more backward than Ekiti.

Prove me wrong.
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by Beync(f): 3:19pm On Oct 31, 2011
mbatuku2:

they are doing prety well, some are even posting on this thread grin you know the female she goat here tongue

airmark:

Ebonyi is No. 1. Ibos, themselves are not proud of that hell.
That your State and Community has no name? You know you will be bursted here. Lol.
Bursted lol, I know it's not good to be tribalistic but not when ekiti goats are making noise cos i know where they are coming from
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by Afam4eva(m): 3:23pm On Oct 31, 2011
jason123:

I am not talking in terms of population but enlightenment and development.

For instance, we have less Northerners than Southerners on NL. The North is more back ward than the South, isn't it
We have more Diasporans, Lagosians, Rivers, Anambra and Delteans on NL, than anyother niche of people, don't we?? Are they not more enlightened and live in a more developed setting, generally speaking?

From this we can hypothesize that there is a direct positive relationship between the number of people in a niche (average) to how enlightened and developed the niche is.

With that said, Ebonyi is more backward than Ekiti.

Prove me wrong.

Prove you wrong? Are you kidding yourself? You should be the one proving to me that Ebonyi is more backward than Ekiti because your point is invalid because do you say Ekiti is more advanced than Oyo because it has more people on Nairaland? Infact name how many Oyo, Enugu etc people you know on Nairaland.
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by jason123: 3:30pm On Oct 31, 2011
afam4eva:

Prove you wrong? Are you kidding yourself? You should be the one proving to me that Ebonyi is more backward than Ekiti because your point is invalid because do you say Ekiti is more advanced than Oyo because it has more people on Nairaland? Infact name how many Oyo, Enugu etc people you know on Nairaland.

Likewise, you when you said Ekiti is most backward in the South without any evidence. I provided an hypothesis for my opinion why Ebonyi being the most backward, and I'm sure more will agree that my hypothesis is fairly accurate. Since its a hypothesis, you don't have to agree.

Now, can you tell me the bases for your opinion of Ekiti being the most backward in the South or did you just make that comment to spite the Ekiti indigenes?

Btw, there are a lot of Oyo peeps (even andre uweh schooled there) here as you can see on the thread "what you state contributes to Nigeria" same as Enugu (Ifyalways, Ink nerd*). Can you give me an example of an Ebonyi indigene on Nl?
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by Ufeolorun(m): 4:21pm On Oct 31, 2011
So you have to come up with  this flipping thread simply cos most of you have been massively shellacked by the intellectual power of some Ekiti people on nl,or their never say die attitude.

People from states that are being run ( govs) by [b]louts,retired kidnap kingpin,failed traders,oil bunkerers, chronic womanisers,arrangee degree holders [/b]are here chatting nonsense.Ekiti state is competing ( the figures are out there on literacy,hiv,gdp,crime rate) very well with states created ages ago and doing far better than states created at the same time.

Idle squarepants! grin grin

looking at our capabilities,i have to admit  that we are not doing enough. : smiley
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by kodewrita(m): 4:31pm On Oct 31, 2011
the same ebonyi state where they can't even drink their own water. Very developed indeed.

Lets stop fighting among each other and focus on the real enemies: The Nigerian Political Elite, wherever they may reside.
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by Okijajuju1(m): 4:59pm On Oct 31, 2011
Did youknow:: That Ekiti State does not even recieve DSTV Signal?! angry

The first man to recieve DSTV in Ekiti State, ran a line from Kwara State to his house. . .
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:04pm On Oct 31, 2011
LOL cheesy "
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Oct 31, 2011
Nineinches:

If you are looking at unfulfilled potentials as your criteria, then Abia State is the undisputed No 1 most backward

Abia comes Number 3, but I give 1 to Ebonyi.
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by bright007(f): 6:05pm On Oct 31, 2011
the most bacward state is zamfara
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by Afam4eva(m): 6:47pm On Oct 31, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Abia comes Number 3, but I give 1 to Ebonyi.

People who live in glass houses don't throw stones. Keep deceiving yourself instead of thinking about how to get Ekiti out of the stone ages.
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by Afam4eva(m): 6:52pm On Oct 31, 2011
@Jason
I don"t know any Ebonyi indigene not because they"re not here but because i only know a few Nairalanders by their state of origin. i also don't know any Ondo state indigene on NL. So, does that mean there aren't any or does it mean Ondo is backward? You getting the idea of the thread wrong. We're talking about the most backward state and not the most backward people. Btw, ask the ekiti indigenes on Nairaland if they school in EKITI.
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by OlaBamitu: 11:41pm On Oct 31, 2011
Quote from: mbatuku2 on Today at 12:51:03 PM

they are doing prety well, some are even posting on this thread  you know the female she goat here

oohhh i go vex ohhh i hope sey no be IIeke IdI una dey call Female She Goat (even though no body again falls within that category but its unfair to say it outright here)

IIeke IdI no mind dem, monkey no fine but em mama like am

but you sef, you too WuWu, ahhhh na your fault joor
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by Jaymez(m): 2:41am On Nov 01, 2011
Geez!! are guys serious? havent any of you been to Abia state? that place is hell and the governor is a damn FOOL!!!
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by kasiem(m): 6:03am On Nov 01, 2011
One thing that spurred me into acceding to the general consensus of ekiti is the most backward state, is that ekiti has got many social misdemeanours rearing in that. For instance, i'm stil cognizant of the fact that ekiti women still move about deshabille and statistics have given them the leadership role of cases of paedophiles. Again, how can a state with the such a number of professors wallow in abject privation, what would it look like if they weren't educated? This means that backwardness is in their destiny. Furthermore, the likes of ileke idi and ekt bear, aren't helping matters with their anachronistic way of thinking.
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by Loonyy(m): 7:50am On Nov 01, 2011
Jaymez:

Geez!! are guys serious? havent any of you been to Abia state? that place is hell and the governor is a damn FOOL!!!
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by Konnektions146(m): 9:39am On Nov 01, 2011
u just have to judge using the available resources in the state (federal and IGR),
in this respect, I think ABIA is the lead
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by donmexy1: 2:08pm On Nov 01, 2011
Poll result, (1)ekiti state (2)zamfara state (3)abia state (4)ebonyi state and counting, @ola bamitu, kilode?if u̶̲̥̅̊​ make M̶̲̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ laugh again i go ban uoooo.make una leave ileke idi alone.she's ​α she goa, sorry lady u̶̲̥̅̊​ know
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by Okijajuju1(m): 5:14pm On Nov 01, 2011
I knew it!!

Ekiti State must win!! grin

Ileke Idi take note,

Vox populi, vox dei - Voice of the people, is the voice of God. grin
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by Afam4eva(m): 5:24pm On Nov 01, 2011
Pls let's add a poll just to officialy crown the undisputed champion of the back waters.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FG Should Disband ASUU – Anglican Primate / Abia Speaker, Martins Azubuike, Impeached / Judges Are Not Permitted To Speak To The Media - NBA Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.