Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,783 members, 7,844,542 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

The Most Backward State In Nigeria? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Most Backward State In Nigeria? (18282 Views)

Images: Three Most Backward And Poorly Governed Nigerian States / Anambra Fingered As Having The Most Backward And Primitive Community In The SE / What State Is The Most Backward State In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by Sagamite(m): 7:40pm On Oct 30, 2011
lucenzo:

people have started running away from their state of origin and claiming lagos. I'm talking of sagamite and bluetooth comrade in rascality. Bloody Rasscals.

This is the kind of cretin I am talking about.

A conjecture throwing foooool!
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by Beync(f): 7:48pm On Oct 30, 2011
EKITI u need to see their gra shocked
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by oraclefemi(m): 8:00pm On Oct 30, 2011
Ekiti GRA? lmao , u will laugh tire
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by goodjack(m): 8:08pm On Oct 30, 2011
I think Zamfara should take it all. They started with Sharia and they will end with Sharia. Bayelsa has two major problem. One is bad politicians and the second is very difficult terrain.
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by sleekcm(m): 8:18pm On Oct 30, 2011
I've been in Aba for a year and the place is absolutely horrible! No government presence,terrible roads,no drainage,dirt capital of the country. I served in Bayelsa and been to Ebonyi severally, Abia is no way near them now.
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by Beync(f): 8:46pm On Oct 30, 2011
oraclefemi:

Ekiti GRA? lmao , u will laugh tire
Hav u been to Ilejemeje were goats run errands? lipsrsealed

It's not jus about acquiring knowledge,
Producing the highest number of professors,
Education alone is not enough
It's about applied knowledge.
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by dozymars(m): 8:47pm On Oct 30, 2011
I have traveled to all states in Nigeria and the most backward states are found in the North, to the best of my knowledge Gombe is presently the most backward of all. Zamfara is far better than Gombe
Highways to most Northern states are good, courtesy Abacha

Ekiti- Also backward, home of professors.
Oyo has the highest number of ancient buildings.
Niger state has the best drainage system
Adamawa state - beautiful natural landscape
Jos - Rocky state also with ancient buildings
Enugu- good roads
Katsina- good roads
Calabar- cleanest
Edo - currently improving on roads, courtesy Adams Oshiomole. Lucky Igbinedion made a mess of Edo State.
Kebbi- most boring to live in.
Abuja - Most developed.
Lagos- Most stressful but filled with Opportunities
Taraba - big for nothing
Maiduguri- Hottest as in weather, fair development.
Portharcourt- garden city(wrong name), development is below expectation.
Imo- home of keke marwa, good road.
Kano- Air pollution, no thanks to the bikes, so many of them.

That is all for now
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by OlaBamitu: 8:51pm On Oct 30, 2011
need to say the truth without sentimental attachment, ekiti state is a disgrace to yorubaland. those people are very dirty and backward, yet would be the first to post poo about other yorubaland or other states.

bunch of extincted fellows
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by pazienza(m): 9:02pm On Oct 30, 2011
Aba is not as bad as you guys are painting it,enyimba city is just dirty and need to be cleaned up,btw i don't know any nigerian town that is that clean apart from calabar,that is if what i heard is true.

Again, u people should understand that Aba is not the capital of abia,Aba is just a commercial town,Umuahia is abia state capital,and Umuahia is clean,so i don't know how you people concluded that abia state is backward just because Aba is dirty and lacks infrastructure.
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by Revolva(m): 9:04pm On Oct 30, 2011

Ok its obvious ekiti, zamfara, taraba, kogi, ebonyi Я̩̥̊ the top five from the posts I've read S̶̲̥̅☺ far.S̶̲̥̅☺ let's put it †☺ ​α vote.pls select one from the aforementioned states.as for M̶̲̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ zamfarA is still no 1, @funkymallam, Ɣε̲̣̣̣̥§ I've been †☺ zamfarA n lokoja.u̶̲̥̅̊​ can't even compare

what do you mean lokoja, is backward, its trying .i must say most backward states are in the core north and ekiti is no 1
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by jason2010(m): 9:09pm On Oct 30, 2011
Abia state has to be most backwards state in Nigeria. Nothing is happening in that state, a hot mess. Hmmmm, the gods are not happy with Abia state oh. One need to travel to Abia state to feel me on this
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Oct 30, 2011
lucenzo:

people have started running away from their state of origin and claiming lagos. I'm talking of sagamite and bluetooth comrade in rascality. Bloody Rasscals.

Sagamoron is the man from Ogun state that claims Lagos. Bluetooth should be from Oyo state, I think he's still proud of his origin.
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:18pm On Oct 30, 2011
1. Yobe state
2. Gombe
3. Taraba
4. Zamfara
5. Ekiti/Ebonyi
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Oct 30, 2011
Beync:

Hav u been to Ilejemeje were goats run errands?
lipsrsealed

Quoted for the records. Are you kidding me? grin

That explains a lot about Ileke idi. She reasons like one whom goats run errands for.
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by OlaBamitu: 9:52pm On Oct 30, 2011

Quoted for the records. Are you kidding me?

That explains a lot about Ileke idi. She reasons like one whom goats run errands for.

Am glad now you know where their BACKWARDNESS came from

i am still saying, ekiti state is a disgrace to yorubaland and Nigeria as a world.

from the way their indigenes here on NL post you can tell, SO BACKWARD
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by upnaijaDRN: 9:56pm On Oct 30, 2011
there are many but zamfara chance other states
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by Apollonio: 9:57pm On Oct 30, 2011
goodjack:

I think Zamfara should take it all. They started with Sharia and they will end with Sharia. Bayelsa has two major problem. One is bad politicians and the second is very difficult terrain.

Lol @ coloured. Got carried away for a while.

In the war against terrorism,those are the descriptions that are used when discussing the Tribal Afghanistan/Pakistani border areas.
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by sirantonio(m): 9:59pm On Oct 30, 2011
abia state some how
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by Amtired: 10:13pm On Oct 30, 2011
I personally do not know the state in nigeria that is most backward but i can tell with proof that AKWA-IBOM state is now the fastest growing state in Nigeria,
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by oyin01(m): 10:42pm On Oct 30, 2011
guys, lets not be too sentimental about this issue and lets really judge it with all sincerity. try to look outside the state of residence. Kogi state is the most backward state in the entire country. check out their infrastructural facilities and infact all areas of the state. education, transportation, entertainment, name it. all has been in stagnation for the past 9years where the people in power just sit there and syphone money, im sorry for that state cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by donmexy1: 10:49pm On Oct 30, 2011
From the posts S̶̲̥̅☺ far, its obvious ekiti is the most backward state followed by zamfara and abia in ​α distant third, revolva  never said lokoja is backward.i was trying †☺ make ​α point that lokoja is far better than zamfara
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by Switup: 11:03pm On Oct 30, 2011
Hav neva left ma city. Poor me. Anywho thumbs up 2 al those who respect AKAW IBOM state. Akaw ibom isono, ya
Amtired:

I personally do not know the state in nigeria that is most backward but i can tell with proof that AKWA-IBOM state is now the fastest growing state in Nigeria,
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by Torch1(m): 11:06pm On Oct 30, 2011
Ekiti state (the only state that produce professors for her neighbouring States)
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by agentzakky(m): 11:08pm On Oct 30, 2011
As an engineer i travell alot, i,ve lived in ekiti, b.kebbi,gusau and taraba and i i can tell you that ekiti is by far the best of the four while taraba is the least developed.
Have never been to ebonyi before but that state very unpopular.
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by Torch1(m): 11:14pm On Oct 30, 2011
Ola Bamitu:

i am still saying, ekiti state is a disgrace to yorubaland and Nigeria as a world.

lwkmd! U guys no go kill me oo!
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by Ekiti1: 11:23pm On Oct 30, 2011
agent zakky:

As an engineer i travell alot, i,ve lived in ekiti, b.kebbi,gusau and taraba and i i can tell you that ekiti is by far the best of the four while taraba is the least developed.
Have never been to ebonyi before but that state very unpopular.
Gbam.
Ola Bamitu:

Goats running errands eh?
you have definitely seen an abomination and you sure should be expecting what happens to anybody that sees such.
Why are u taking paracetamol for another man headache enh?
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:34pm On Oct 30, 2011
Abia state has no competitor as the most backward state in Nigeria,
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by EzeUche(m): 11:41pm On Oct 30, 2011
In the south it is only Ekiti and Ebonyi.
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:55pm On Oct 30, 2011
EzeUche:

In the south it is only Ekiti and Ebonyi.

Whoa! Something interesting enough to bring you out of hibernation. I hope you are not trying to join these comedians in bad mouthing my state.
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:16am On Oct 31, 2011
Ekiti - They get their education, go abroad or to other neighboring states. They produce the best professors for the SW/SE states.

But for the most backward, I give it to Ebonyi.
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by OlaBamitu: 12:17am On Oct 31, 2011
Whoa! Something interesting enough to bring you out of hibernation. I hope you are not trying to join these comedians in bad mouthing my state.

no wonder your post has been indicating that you are from the B.S

Congrats
Re: The Most Backward State In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:18am On Oct 31, 2011
^^^^^

What is "B.S"?

Bayelsa State?

Best State?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Court Orders Gov Lamido, 3 Others To Pay APC Candidate N30m In Damages / 2023 Not Business As Usual, We’ve Learnt Our Lessons — Northern Elders / Oby Ezekwesili: Billboard Or Not, All Eyes Will Be On The Judiciary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.