Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,498 members, 7,830,505 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

Why PDP's Plateau Governor Will Be Sacked At Supreme Court - Woye1 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why PDP's Plateau Governor Will Be Sacked At Supreme Court - Woye1 (15045 Views)

APC Woos Plateau Governor After Supreme Court Verdict, Asks Him To Dump PDP / Yohanna Maigona: Wiebe Boer Denies Aspiring For Office Of Plateau Governor / PDP Plateau State 2019 Campaign Flag Off (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why PDP's Plateau Governor Will Be Sacked At Supreme Court - Woye1 by garfield1: 2:25pm On Nov 27, 2023
iokpebholo:
Sir PDP proved it,the present governor paid PDP party dues up till may after the election,the present governor even got an affidavit claiming to still be a PDP member when he was taking to court for decamping to APC as the speaker of Ebonyi house of assembly in February this year after APC primaries.All these evidence were presented at both the tribunal and the appeal court and the judgement was that PDP lacks the locus standing to challenge APC' nomination and it's strictly a pre election matter.Please try and read the ebonyi appeal court judgment sir

So him being a member of pdp,how does that disqualify him? Did he contest for guber in two parties? No law stops someone from belonging to two parties sir.this is entirely different from what happened in Kano.
Re: Why PDP's Plateau Governor Will Be Sacked At Supreme Court - Woye1 by iokpebholo: 2:37pm On Nov 27, 2023
garfield1:

So him being a member of pdp,how does that disqualify him? Did he contest for guber in two parties? No law stops someone from belonging to two parties sir.this is entirely different from what happened in Kano.
ok oh
Re: Why PDP's Plateau Governor Will Be Sacked At Supreme Court - Woye1 by garfield1: 2:43pm On Nov 27, 2023
iokpebholo:
ok oh

Even in Kano,Abba Kabir also decamped from pdp to nnpp without properly resigning from pdp but unlike pdp in ebonyi,apc kept quiet and waited for him till after the polls
Re: Why PDP's Plateau Governor Will Be Sacked At Supreme Court - Woye1 by slivertongue: 2:55pm On Nov 27, 2023
garfield1:

what a contradiction. I blame the mercenary Judges and lawyers. Today they say this, tomorrow they say another, same as folks like you. Nomination & sponsorship is the the issue here and if it doesn't matter in one case it should not matter in others. if the governor of the Ebonyi was a member of PDP when he contested and has no case to answer then why should Abba or other candidates suffer any penalty?
Re: Why PDP's Plateau Governor Will Be Sacked At Supreme Court - Woye1 by slivertongue: 3:01pm On Nov 27, 2023
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Pdp took Pdp to court in tribunal? Are you okay?

No PDP guber aspirant went to Court or is in Court with the Governor. The exco matter is a PDP matter that has been settled and has no bearing on post election cases but some judges are helping out some folks who have bragged about their connection with the judiciary.
Re: Why PDP's Plateau Governor Will Be Sacked At Supreme Court - Woye1 by garfield1: 3:04pm On Nov 27, 2023
slivertongue:

what a contradiction. I blame the mercenary Judges and lawyers. Today they say this, tomorrow they say another, same as folks like you. Nomination & sponsorship is the the issue here and if it doesn't matter in one case it should not matter in others. if the governor of the Ebonyi was a member of PDP when he contested and has no case to answer then why should Abba or other candidates suffer any penalty?

There is no contradiction.tje cases though similar are legally different and distinguishable.in Kano,the case is qualification via 177 c same as in plateau though partially.ebonyi own is clearly different,that he is in pdp does not matter.no law stops him from being in pdp and still getting APC ticket as far as he fulfills the entirety of section 177 a-d.
I must concede that pdp might take plateau but apc may take kano.but lalong will still be impeached less he decamps
Re: Why PDP's Plateau Governor Will Be Sacked At Supreme Court - Woye1 by slivertongue: 3:09pm On Nov 27, 2023
Kukutenla:

The dingbats are claiming the new Congress did not comply with the Court order. I don't know when APC rats became a court to decide if they complied or not

the Court order asked PDP to conduct another congress in which the petitioner will be allowed to cast his votes. PDP complied, the petitioner was satisfied and didn't challenge the second congress neither did anyone challenge it in Court, infact he campaigned for the incumbent governor. The court didn't give PDP a guideline to follow so no one say it didn't follow due process.

1 Like

Re: Why PDP's Plateau Governor Will Be Sacked At Supreme Court - Woye1 by Moventist: 3:20pm On Nov 27, 2023
garfield1:

There is no contradiction.tje cases though similar are legally different and distinguishable.in Kano,the case is qualification via 177 c same as in plateau though partially.ebonyi own is clearly different,that he is in pdp does not matter.no law stops him from being in pdp and still getting APC ticket as far as he fulfills the entirety of section 177 a-d.
I must concede that pdp might take plateau but apc may take kano.but lalong will still be impeached less he decamps

They are all pre election matters which the supreme Court had put to rest by dismissing Atiku's case vs Shetima. Saying is middlesome- interloper. Again the 2022 electoral act as amended was given strength in the same light.

That's the precedent already set by the apex Court unless something sinister, all the three respective states would be affirmed by the apex Court
Re: Why PDP's Plateau Governor Will Be Sacked At Supreme Court - Woye1 by slivertongue: 3:24pm On Nov 27, 2023
garfield1:

Sadly am not for who takes what but doing what is right. If Abba is a PDP member and NNPP sponsored him what is the difference with Nwifuru a PDP member sponsored by APC? Regardless of the outcome PDP will continue to be vibrant on the Plateau. The APC candidate is moving from one issue to the other. Over voting is no more his argument, neither membership, nomination &d sponsorship but qualification. The governor is imminently qualified. You claim you are a realist but i doubt you understand the realist doctrine. A realist is modest in thinking, talk, design, approach &implementation. Realist ain't braggadocios.
Re: Why PDP's Plateau Governor Will Be Sacked At Supreme Court - Woye1 by garfield1: 3:35pm On Nov 27, 2023
slivertongue:

Sadly am not for who takes what but doing what is right. If Abba is a PDP member and NNPP sponsored him what is the difference with Nwifuru a PDP member sponsored by APC? Regardless of the outcome PDP will continue to be vibrant. The APC candidate is moving one issue to the other. Over voting is no more his argument, neither membership, nomination &d sponsorship but qualification but qualification. The governor is imminently qualified. You claim you are a realist but i doubt you understand the realist doctrine. A realist is modest in thinking, talk, design, approach &implementation. Realist ain't braggadocios.

Oga,Abba is not an nnpp member legally.this is crystal clear.pdp in ebonyi failed to show that nwifuru is not an apc member.righr from the tribunal,apc case has been about qualifications and invalid votes and it never changed.apc is taking Kano,you can keep Plateau
Re: Why PDP's Plateau Governor Will Be Sacked At Supreme Court - Woye1 by garfield1: 3:36pm On Nov 27, 2023
Moventist:

They are all pre election matters which the supreme Court had put to rest by dismissing Atiku's case vs Shetima. Saying is middlesome- interloper. Again the 2022 electoral act as amended was given strength in the same light.

That's the precedent already set by the apex Court unless something sinister, all the three respective states would be affirmed by the apex Court

The atiku vs shettima case was challenged via the electoral act not the constitution sir.
Re: Why PDP's Plateau Governor Will Be Sacked At Supreme Court - Woye1 by Moventist: 4:44pm On Nov 27, 2023
garfield1:

The atiku vs shettima case was challenged via the electoral act not the constitution sir.

What's this one saying? Does the electoral act exist from a vacuum?

A lot of you guys are emotionally attached to the cases than the facts. Because some of the responses really proves that you lack the knowledge of the subject matter
Re: Why PDP's Plateau Governor Will Be Sacked At Supreme Court - Woye1 by slivertongue: 5:16pm On Nov 27, 2023
garfield1:

Oga,Abba is not an nnpp member legally.this is crystal clear.pdp in ebonyi failed to show that nwifuru is not an apc member.righr from the tribunal,apc case has been about qualifications and invalid votes and it never changed.apc is taking Kano,you can keep Plateau

Even if APC takes 36 states it won't stop God's mercies on me. Nigerians won't mind if you take all from a fair contest and victory in court on points of law. PDP once did this madness yet those who benefited from it rose up against the party. Your love for anarchy, rigging & manipulations of the judiciary ain't healthy for you as a person and the country
Re: Why PDP's Plateau Governor Will Be Sacked At Supreme Court - Woye1 by SaLongs1(m): 6:45pm On Nov 27, 2023
eldoradoxx:
It does not. Party matter is exclusively for party members says the Supreme Court in PDP's case against Shettima
Shettima was picked for the VP position and did not contest the Presidency himself, which is quite different from Plateau's situation.

1 Like

Re: Why PDP's Plateau Governor Will Be Sacked At Supreme Court - Woye1 by IfnobeGod20: 6:55pm On Nov 27, 2023
blamingthedevil:

Read to understand....the case here is PDP disobeyed the Court
You claimed somebody should read and understand but in the real sense, you're the one that lacked simple comprehension.
Read again the op article and decipher it as extracted below:

"4: before you comment, this is the background information. Nov 25, 2020, Justice Boniface Ingyo of the Plateau State High Court nullified the state Congress of PDP conducted on August 29, 2020 in Jos.

5: August 4, 2020, The counsel of PDP was Binchen Jantur Esq gave a verbal undertaken that PDP will not organise a congress. The matter was adjourned to August 18, 2020.

6: as usual, PDP went ahead to conduct the said state Congress.

7: There was another illegal Congress in 2021. What they called “ REPEAT CONGRESS” . I have read the judgement of plateau High Court, the Judge never used that word. So na illegal".

In number 4, court nullified the congress on 20/08/2020.

In number 5, Mr. Binchen Jantur made an undertaken that congress would not be conducted.

In number 6, PDP went to conduct the congress in fragrance disobedience to court order and because of that the judge voided the congress.
Read the news below,all happened in 2020.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://africandrumnews./2020/11/25/why-court-nullified-plateau-pdp-state-congress/&ved=2ahUKEwiQoIL-7uKCAxVwQEEAHYl5B-EQFnoECAoQAQ&usg=AOvVaw1uF-QvMZmcP_sgh_F-WDqu

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://independent.ng/jos-high-court-nullifies-plateau-state-pdp-congress/&ved=2ahUKEwjHw7vF3uSCAxWbXUEAHQMQBDsQFnoECAgQAQ&usg=AOvVaw0lUlZJaeGW9N_v0j36BMCa

The op claimed a congress was conducted in 2021 but self labelled it "illegal congress".

How would you call a congress conducted when you're not a member of PDP illegal and none of PDP member take the party to court for court to pronounce the congress illegal.

Please does it add up at all?

Learn to read and understand before you comment.
Re: Why PDP's Plateau Governor Will Be Sacked At Supreme Court - Woye1 by erniok(m): 6:55pm On Nov 27, 2023
id4sho:
Dimwits Minions and Urchins can come and masturbatee. APC lost zamfara state in a similar manner in 2019 tongue

Atiku contributed to the house division before the wike saga. Werey chasing journalist instead of addressing real issues
He addressed the issues you never bothered to read. Speaks so much of party loyalists like you.
Re: Why PDP's Plateau Governor Will Be Sacked At Supreme Court - Woye1 by IfnobeGod20: 7:03pm On Nov 27, 2023
garfield1:

Oga,bitrus kaze a pdp alongside Barr pwajok member already proved that the order wasn't complied with.pdp failed to even notify the court and vacate the order which is fatal.
By the way,the congress was supposed to usher in a new exco and delegates because the term of the former one had expired ex facie.therefore,what plateau pdp had was membership structure and no leadership structure.therefore,they can't produce delegates to vote in a primaries and cannot produce or sponsor candidates for elections as stated by the constitution.
I believe if a candidate or a party violates the constitution,another party can come in.
Take note that I am not saying that apc will win at the supreme court.even in Kano and zamfara,any party can win.i am only sure if nasarawa,it is a dead case.but I think apc will likely win one of Kano or plateau.my argument is on the merit of it just like in nasarawa.if the court agrees to look at the merit,apc will take both plateau and kano
"with.pdp failed to even notify the court and vacate the order which is fatal".

With your level of knowledge I never expected the above message from you. The PDP should go and notify the court that want to conduct congress when the court has invalidated one and asked them to go and conduct fresh congress. I am disappointed reading this kind line from you. Or you mean, if court called for rerun election, INEC will go back to court to go and seek permission before they conduct same election?

If the court had said they should not conduct congress, then, they reserve the right to vacate the order but not in this kind of scenario where court said go and conduct congress. My brother, they don't need to vacate any order or consult the court to follow what court says they should do.
Re: Why PDP's Plateau Governor Will Be Sacked At Supreme Court - Woye1 by IfnobeGod20: 7:05pm On Nov 27, 2023
Neoteny7:

Listen, idiot. The PDP has lost and will keep losing.

Plateau is now an APC state, no matter your tepid indignation or childish insults.

You should rather use your energy to cope harder
I won't go low with you because we are different breeds.
Re: Why PDP's Plateau Governor Will Be Sacked At Supreme Court - Woye1 by garfield1: 7:09pm On Nov 27, 2023
IfnobeGod20:

"with.pdp failed to even notify the court and vacate the order which is fatal".

With your level of knowledge I never expected the above message from you. The PDP should go and notify the court that want to conduct congress when the court has invalidated one and asked them to go and conduct fresh congress. I am disappointed reading this kind line from you. Or you mean, if court called for rerun election, INEC will go back to court to go and seek permission before they conduct same election?

If the court had said they should not conduct congress, then, they reserve the right to vacate the order but not in this kind of scenario where court said go and conduct congress. My brother, they don't need to vacate any order or consult the court to follow what court says they should do.

What stops pdp from convincing the appeal court that they obeyed the order? There is a slight possibility that the supreme court might not even have jurisdiction as this matter was never brought before it on appeal and last year,the appeal court sacked Musa agah of pdp for this same reason.pdp can still win plateau though impeachment awaits the gov but I am more convinced of kano
Re: Why PDP's Plateau Governor Will Be Sacked At Supreme Court - Woye1 by IfnobeGod20: 7:59pm On Nov 27, 2023
garfield1:

You grandstand too much. The electoral Act forbids double nomination of persons as candidates in two parties. Uche Nwosu lost his gubernatorial aspiration because he lounged in two parties. For the avoidance of doubt, the supreme court even said he was the one that won the Imo APC gubernatorial primary in the eye of the law but butchered it for porting to AA. Read the news below and stop confusing people.

"A Federal High Court in Abuja on Monday ordered the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to remove the name of Uche Nwosu as a governorship candidate in the last election held in Imo State.

In a judgment, Justice Inyang Ekwo held that Nwosu’s candidacy was voided on the grounds of double nomination by two political parties, the All Progressives Congress (APC) and the Action Alliance (AA), in violation of section 37 of the Electoral Act1"

See the link below for full judgement.
https://businessday.ng/politics/article/court-sets-aside-nomination-of-uche-nwosu-as-governorship-candidate/?amp=1

Read the extract of supreme court verdict below.
"The Supreme Court on Friday, voided the candidature of Uche Nwosu as governorship flag bearer of the Action Alliance (AA) in the 2019 general elections in Imo, over double nomination.

The apex court, in its judgment delivered by Justice Adamu Augie, upheld the judgment of the Court of Appeal, Abuja Division.

News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) recalls that the court had, about two months’ ago, upheld the decision of the Federal High Court which also voided Nwosu’s his candidature.

A chieftain of the Action Peoples Party (APP), Mr Uche Nnadi, had dragged Nwosu to the Federal High Court where the court held that he was not qualified to stand for the election.

The court based its verdict on the fact that Nwosu already had a valid ticket of the All Progressives Congress (APC)".

See the link for full judgement also.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/guardian.ng/news/supreme-court-voids-uche-nwosus-candidature/amp

If he had not ported to AA he would have been the one sworn in as the substantive governor of Imo state because he was the authentic winner of the primary then.

Please stop confusing people here.
Re: Why PDP's Plateau Governor Will Be Sacked At Supreme Court - Woye1 by IfnobeGod20: 8:08pm On Nov 27, 2023
Moventist:

A lot of you guys are emotionally attached to the cases than the facts. Because some of the responses really proves that you lack the knowledge of the subject matter
I have been telling garfield1 but still continuously repeating same thing. May be he doesn't know that electoral Act is a childbirth of Nigerian constitution. Every content of the Electoral Act takes its root from the constitution and anything not in the constitution cannot have head in the EA. The constitution will always take superiority over it and that was what killed the issue of membership register, as no where the constitution mentioned party should submit membership register to INEC and if candidate name is not there, then, he is not entitle to be voted for or in a simple word disqualified. No.
garfield1 please rest repeating same error you're propagating of suing because it is constitutional matter and not EA matter. EA is a childbirth to constitution please.
Re: Why PDP's Plateau Governor Will Be Sacked At Supreme Court - Woye1 by garfield1: 8:09pm On Nov 27, 2023
IfnobeGod20:

You grandstand too much. The electoral Act forbids double nomination of persons as candidates in two parties. Uche Nwosu lost his gubernatorial aspiration because he lounged in two parties. For the avoidance of doubt, the supreme court even said he was the one that won the Imo APC gubernatorial primary in the eye of the law but butchered it for porting to AA. Read the news below and stop confusing people.

"A Federal High Court in Abuja on Monday ordered the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to remove the name of Uche Nwosu as a governorship candidate in the last election held in Imo State.

In a judgment, Justice Inyang Ekwo held that Nwosu’s candidacy was voided on the grounds of double nomination by two political parties, the All Progressives Congress (APC) and the Action Alliance (AA), in violation of section 37 of the Electoral Act1"

See the link below for full judgement.
https://businessday.ng/politics/article/court-sets-aside-nomination-of-uche-nwosu-as-governorship-candidate/?amp=1

Read the extract of supreme court verdict below.
"The Supreme Court on Friday, voided the candidature of Uche Nwosu as governorship flag bearer of the Action Alliance (AA) in the 2019 general elections in Imo, over double nomination.

The apex court, in its judgment delivered by Justice Adamu Augie, upheld the judgment of the Court of Appeal, Abuja Division.

News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) recalls that the court had, about two months’ ago, upheld the decision of the Federal High Court which also voided Nwosu’s his candidature.

A chieftain of the Action Peoples Party (APP), Mr Uche Nnadi, had dragged Nwosu to the Federal High Court where the court held that he was not qualified to stand for the election.

The court based its verdict on the fact that Nwosu already had a valid ticket of the All Progressives Congress (APC)".

See the link for full judgement also.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/guardian.ng/news/supreme-court-voids-uche-nwosus-candidature/amp

If he had not ported to AA he would have been the one sworn in as the substantive governor of Imo state because he was the authentic winner of the primary then.

Please stop confusing people here.

Oga,you are the one confusing people and yourself.are you ok or what? Who was talking about double nomination here? It seems you have comprehension issues.
The guy was saying the ebonyi gov was still a member of pdp while in APC.that is not double nomination but double or multiple partisanship.he didn't contest or vie for anything under pdp while still being their member.he maintained his normal membership in pdp but contested under apc.that is immoral but not a disqualification infraction.this is clearly different from the uche nwosu saga that was a candidate in apc and still went to AP to get their candidacy under same election cycle and same position.please always get the proper background of debates before gatecrashing naively
Re: Why PDP's Plateau Governor Will Be Sacked At Supreme Court - Woye1 by garfield1: 8:15pm On Nov 27, 2023
IfnobeGod20:

I have been telling garfield1 but still continuously repeating same thing. May be he doesn't know that electoral Act is a childbirth of Nigerian constitution. Every content of the Electoral Act takes its root from the constitution and anything not in the constitution cannot have head in the EA. The constitution will always take superiority over it and that was what killed the issue of membership register, as no where the constitution mentioned party should submit membership register to INEC and if candidate name is not there, then, he is not entitle to be voted for or in a simple word disqualified. No.
garfield1 please rest repeating same error you're propagating of suing because it is constitutional matter and not EA matter. EA is a childbirth to constitution please.

This guy,something is wrong with you.you talk a lot of rubbish.you enjoy talking but hate listening or reading.the constitution has provided that a candidate must be a member of a party.the supreme court interpreted how this should be proven by either the party,membership register and card.this was before parties the electoral act was amended to make parties submit their register.who are you to now disagree with them? How dare you?
Re: Why PDP's Plateau Governor Will Be Sacked At Supreme Court - Woye1 by garfield1: 8:17pm On Nov 27, 2023
slivertongue:

Sadly am not for who takes what but doing what is right. If Abba is a PDP member and NNPP sponsored him what is the difference with Nwifuru a PDP member sponsored by APC? Regardless of the outcome PDP will continue to be vibrant on the Plateau. The APC candidate is moving from one issue to the other. Over voting is no more his argument, neither membership, nomination &d sponsorship but qualification. The governor is imminently qualified. You claim you are a realist but i doubt you understand the realist doctrine. A realist is modest in thinking, talk, design, approach &implementation. Realist ain't braggadocios.

The difference is that apc did not query or challenge the membership of Abba in his erstwhile party.apc brought proof of Kabir non membership of NNPP,pdp failed to show that nwifuru isn't an apc member.can you spot the difference
Re: Why PDP's Plateau Governor Will Be Sacked At Supreme Court - Woye1 by garfield1: 8:19pm On Nov 27, 2023
Moventist:

The electoral act is limited,the constitution is not limited.most cases in the electoral act are only for party members while the constitution allows one to challenge at any time
Re: Why PDP's Plateau Governor Will Be Sacked At Supreme Court - Woye1 by IfnobeGod20: 8:40pm On Nov 27, 2023
garfield1:

Oga,you are the one confusing people and yourself.are you ok or what? Who was talking about double nomination here? It seems you have comprehension issues.
The guy was saying the ebonyi gov was still a member of pdp while in APC.that is not double nomination but double or multiple partisanship.he didn't contest or vie for anything under pdp while still being their member.he maintained his normal membership in pdp but contested under apc.that is immoral but not a disqualification infraction.this is clearly different from the uche nwosu saga that was a candidate in apc and still went to AP to get their candidacy under same election cycle and same position.please always get the proper background of debates before gatecrashing naively
I have said this umpteenth time, you tend to always confuse unsuspecting Nigerians by your submissions. No law permits persons who have a stake in an election to belong to two parties at a time. Yes, it is permissible for a nominal members of a party, especially if you don't pay regular due to the supposed party. You cannot be there and be here. That's why the law gives order for full resignation before you can join another party or even vie for an election.
I make it abundantly clear that you're wrong to have said nothing wrong if a candidate belongs to two parties.
Re: Why PDP's Plateau Governor Will Be Sacked At Supreme Court - Woye1 by IfnobeGod20: 9:09pm On Nov 27, 2023
garfield1:

This guy,something is wrong with you.you talk a lot of rubbish.you enjoy talking but hate listening or reading.the constitution has provided that a candidate must be a member of a party.the supreme court interpreted how this should be proven by either the party,membership register and card.this was before parties the electoral act was amended to make parties submit their register.who are you to now disagree with them? How dare you?
You're just confusing yourself the more. We are correcting you for always saying APC Yusuf was sued by constitution and not EA. Whether you sued by the constitution or EA, you're suing by the law of the land.
The EA is mainly for election purpose, just as you have act for each MDAs and they all take their roots from the same constitution. Meaning using any ACT is using constitution. It is when you quote an ACT and is not in tandem with the constitution, then, the ACT is relegated and the constitution takes superiority. But saying someone sue by constitution and another sue by EA is confusing yourself and the unsuspecting Nigerians.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why PDP's Plateau Governor Will Be Sacked At Supreme Court - Woye1 by garfield1: 10:16pm On Nov 27, 2023
IfnobeGod20:

I have said this umpteenth time, you tend to always confuse unsuspecting Nigerians by your submissions. No law permits persons who have a stake in an election to belong to two parties at a time. Yes, it is permissible for a nominal members of a party, especially if you don't pay regular due to the supposed party. You cannot be there and be here. That's why the law gives order for full resignation before you can join another party or even vie for an election.
I make it abundantly clear that you're wrong to have said nothing wrong if a candidate belongs to two parties.

IfnobeGod20:

You're just confusing yourself the more. We are correcting you for always saying APC Yusuf by constitution and not EA. Whether you sued by the constitution or EA, you're suing by the law of the land.
The EA is mainly for election purpose, just as you have act for each MDAs and they all take their roots from the same constitution. Meaning using any ACT is using constitution. It is when you quote an ACT and is not in tandem with the constitution, then, the ACT is relegated and the constitution takes superiority. But saying someone sue by constitution and another sue by EA is confusing yourself and the unsuspecting Nigerians.

You are the one confused.the constitution gives one wider room and latitude to challenge a person.there are more disqualifying grounds in the constitution than the electoral act.you cannot challenge someone educational qualifications from the electoral act but you can do so via the constitution
Re: Why PDP's Plateau Governor Will Be Sacked At Supreme Court - Woye1 by garfield1: 10:20pm On Nov 27, 2023
IfnobeGod20:

Oga,no law stops someone from belonging to several parties.there is no where in any law that says someone cannot be a member of two or more parties,what is forbidden is double nomination.it may be immoral but not a ground for election.i challenge you to show me any candidate that was sacked for being in more than one party...
The ebonyi gov was never found not to be an apc member but Kabir was found not to be an nnpp member.can you spot the difference son
Re: Why PDP's Plateau Governor Will Be Sacked At Supreme Court - Woye1 by eldoradoxx: 5:16am On Nov 28, 2023
SaLongs1:
Shettima was picked for the VP position and did not contest the Presidency himself, which is quite different from Plateau's situation.
It is not about whether he was picked or not, the Supreme Court said in that case a non-member has no business challenging what happened in the primaries of another party. I also recall Supreme Court saying that party nomination is a pre election that must be dealt with at the Federal High Court and not in an election tribibnal

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Don't intimidate us with EFCC,PDP Senators Warn FG / Atiku Abubakar: Endless Borrowing Will Lead to Endless Sorrowing / Ita Enang: FG To Revamp Abandoned Fishing Terminals In Akwa Ibom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.