Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,870 members, 7,813,964 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:54 PM

Oba Of Benin In Lagos, Says Tinubu Presidency Is God-Ordained - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oba Of Benin In Lagos, Says Tinubu Presidency Is God-Ordained (11310 Views)

Primate Ayodele: Peter Obi Not Ordained To Be Nigeria's President / General Gowon Sitting And Eating On The Floor In Benin In 1967 (Throwback Photo) / Defection: All Juicy Appointments Went To Katsina, Lagos, Says Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oba Of Benin In Lagos, Says Tinubu Presidency Is God-Ordained by Antoeni(m): 10:09pm On Nov 26, 2023
The Oba of Benin, Omo N’ Oba N’ Edo, Uku Akpolokpolo, Ewuare II, on Sunday, said God ordained Asiwaju Bola Tinubu to be President of Nigeria and called on all Nigerians to support the administration as well as live in peace.

He noted that the victory of Tinubu in the 2023 presidential poll and his emergence as the incumbent President of Nigeria showed God ordained him to rule the country, hence the need for all Nigerians to support him to achieve the greater Nigeria of our dreams.

The Oba of Benin spoke on Sunday during a courtesy visit to Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu at the Lagos House, Marina.

Speaking during the visit, Oba N’Edo Uku Akpolokpolo Ewuare II, harped on the need for peaceful coexistence in the country to achieve sustainable development in all areas of the nation’s economy.

He said diversity is good for Nigeria and urged the people to iron out their differences and live as a family in peace, unity and harmony with one another.

“God has ordained that Tinubu would become President of Nigeria. We are all one. I am for peace and tranquility. We must live together as one. Nigeria is big. We must iron out our differences and learn to live together as one, big family,” he said.

Oba of Benin, who congratulated Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu on his reelection, commended the giant strides of the Governor in Lagos and charged him not to rest on his oars to achieve greater heights in his second term in office.

The monarch who visited the J. Randle Centre for Yoruba Culture and History, Onikan, after the courtesy visit, with Sanwo-Olu, Deputy Governor, Dr. Obafemi Hamzat, and other cabinet members, also commended Governor Sanwo-Olu’s commitment to the promotion of culture and tradition.

Speaking during the courtesy visit, Sanwo-Olu assured that the State would continue to be home to everyone irrespective of ethnic, religious or political affiliations.

Sanwo-Olu, who eulogised the Oba of Benin for distinguishing himself among the traditional rulers, said his protection of culture and promotion of traditional values have earned him maximum respect across the country.

Sanwo-Olu while conveying the greetings of President Bola Tinubu to the Oba of Benin, urged the traditional ruler to continue his support for the present Federal Government to ensure citizens benefit from dividends of democracy which he noted are becoming evident in the third quarter of the year with a rise in the country’s GDP.

He said: “On behalf of Mr. President, we want to thank you for your fatherly role; for your prayers and best wishes to the government and I am sure he will not disappoint you.

“He will do everything possible to ensure that he delivers the real dividends of democracy that will help our country to reduce the poverty in the land, give us a new set of hope and redefine social economic development.”

https://pmnewsnigeria.com/2023/11/26/oba-of-benin-in-lagos-says-tinubu-presidency-is-god-ordained/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

14 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin In Lagos, Says Tinubu Presidency Is God-Ordained by Antoeni(m): 10:10pm On Nov 26, 2023
Shame On This Shawarma kind of Oba

52 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Oba Of Benin In Lagos, Says Tinubu Presidency Is God-Ordained by Ekpenuwa(m): 10:15pm On Nov 26, 2023
Antoeni:

Guyman talk well oo abi u nor nor say we and the the West get blood Relative including Lagos State...

50 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Oba Of Benin In Lagos, Says Tinubu Presidency Is God-Ordained by Antoeni(m): 10:17pm On Nov 26, 2023
its So Shameful & Disappointing That a Suppposed 1st Clas king Will Be So Insensitive & irresponsible to Make Sure An Unguarded Utterance,
When Nigeria Has Become The
Hell The Bible Talked About.

44 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin In Lagos, Says Tinubu Presidency Is God-Ordained by Prechgold1180(m): 10:20pm On Nov 26, 2023
lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin In Lagos, Says Tinubu Presidency Is God-Ordained by jkpbestseries: 10:23pm On Nov 26, 2023
I recommend the drummer boy to them... Great Novel

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin In Lagos, Says Tinubu Presidency Is God-Ordained by Amotolongbo(f): 10:24pm On Nov 26, 2023
Politics is human affairs.
Nothing concern God concern elections.
So your God is so crazy and weird taking part in those election shenanigans?

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oba Of Benin In Lagos, Says Tinubu Presidency Is God-Ordained by adamusuleiman1: 10:25pm On Nov 26, 2023
Edo and Benin by extension is Obidient. Maybe the Oba has had too much of hero beer.

11 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin In Lagos, Says Tinubu Presidency Is God-Ordained by Faiththatworks(m): 10:25pm On Nov 26, 2023
I watched the video of the Oba of Benin entrance to the Governor's office yesterday and I was blown away.
Although I'm a Christian but Oba Atopaye,I hope I got it right, is a god,A god with a small g.
Only gods can be worshipped and praised by men in such manner.
I commend the people of Benin for really preserving the culture and I do hope they share what they have with the world.
I saw very old men in the video praising and hyping the king for close to 4 minutes and I know the video must have been edited, I'm very sure these men follow the king everywhere he goes to.
Seriously hypemen didn't just start some few years back,these people have been in existence for centuries,it's time they are officially recognized as a profession,e no easy.
Oba Atopaye,pls can any Benin person,send me all the praises offered to the Oba,I need to paste it to show full respect to the god in human form.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin In Lagos, Says Tinubu Presidency Is God-Ordained by Antoeni(m): 10:29pm On Nov 26, 2023
He is Just An Anywhere Belle face Kind of Oba, He Belongs to The Same Whatsapp With FFK
adamusuleiman1:
Edo and Benin by extension is Obidient. Maybe the Oba has had too much of hero beer.

10 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin In Lagos, Says Tinubu Presidency Is God-Ordained by updatechange(m): 10:51pm On Nov 26, 2023
Who God has blessed no man can curse

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin In Lagos, Says Tinubu Presidency Is God-Ordained by verybadmouth(m): 10:51pm On Nov 26, 2023
The Oba will automatically become their enemy and they will soon start throwing insult

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oba Of Benin In Lagos, Says Tinubu Presidency Is God-Ordained by DrAkpa(m): 10:52pm On Nov 26, 2023

Unfortunately, it is what it is. The oba is right, even if it's not the truth we want to hear

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin In Lagos, Says Tinubu Presidency Is God-Ordained by SouthSouth1914: 10:52pm On Nov 26, 2023
Which god? Traditional rulers are part of the political problems we have in this nation. Always tilting towards the side of Ghana must go bags! Haba

11 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin In Lagos, Says Tinubu Presidency Is God-Ordained by czaratwork: 10:52pm On Nov 26, 2023
Hm
Re: Oba Of Benin In Lagos, Says Tinubu Presidency Is God-Ordained by ILoveNG: 10:52pm On Nov 26, 2023
Antoeni:

Guyy, nah to insult Oba remain ?

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin In Lagos, Says Tinubu Presidency Is God-Ordained by sonnie10: 10:53pm On Nov 26, 2023
Poor wording of the topic. Makes it look like one of those Eze ndi Igbo na Lagos titles.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin In Lagos, Says Tinubu Presidency Is God-Ordained by dododawa1: 10:53pm On Nov 26, 2023
Every man for his

Pocket

And

Family

Use your BRAIN

No die for any POlITICIANS

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin In Lagos, Says Tinubu Presidency Is God-Ordained by Billionairly: 10:53pm On Nov 26, 2023
Which God? So it was also Gods plan for all those people to be so hungry that they in multitudes massacred and stole rice from a moving van. Stop using Gods name in vain, play your tribal politics and leave God out of it.

If God was to chose a president for nigeria, he wouldnt choose the oldest, physically weakest, Most divisive and most corrupt individual to lead a country of over 200 million people. We know the thing chose a man who calls himself a bat, and uses the sign of a snake as his emblem, we will continue to rebuke, reject whatever evil that brought the curse of the bat on us.

6 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin In Lagos, Says Tinubu Presidency Is God-Ordained by dododawa1: 10:54pm On Nov 26, 2023
Every man for his

Pocket

And

Family

Use your BRAIN

No die for any POlITICIANS and OBAS / kINGS

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin In Lagos, Says Tinubu Presidency Is God-Ordained by Angelfrost(m): 10:55pm On Nov 26, 2023
Oba... Let me say this as respectfully as I can...

You can sing a mere man's praises or engage in Political correctness without dragging or using God's name in vain.

Such talk should be beneath your position as a revered traditional ruler.

Those who said the same lie about Buhari's ascension later regretted such poorly thought out words... Buhari made them eat their praises and fake patriotism.

13 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin In Lagos, Says Tinubu Presidency Is God-Ordained by Apus: 10:55pm On Nov 26, 2023
Same way they praised Buhari when he was in power only to change mouth later.

11 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin In Lagos, Says Tinubu Presidency Is God-Ordained by Oloripelebe: 10:55pm On Nov 26, 2023
Those lazy youth go insult the benin kingdom

27 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin In Lagos, Says Tinubu Presidency Is God-Ordained by MichaelSokoto(m): 10:56pm On Nov 26, 2023
God help us!
Re: Oba Of Benin In Lagos, Says Tinubu Presidency Is God-Ordained by ValarDoharis: 10:57pm On Nov 26, 2023
Says the people who looked on when Bubu was destroying the economy and now wanna look on while Tinubu bury the economy.

Oba should stop mentioning God while describing a certificate forger and narcotics trafficker. God cannot be mocked!

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oba Of Benin In Lagos, Says Tinubu Presidency Is God-Ordained by nkemoma(m): 10:57pm On Nov 26, 2023
Oba ShalliPoppi..
Werey

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin In Lagos, Says Tinubu Presidency Is God-Ordained by ValarDoharis: 10:59pm On Nov 26, 2023
If the Oba gets attacked, he had it coming.
Benin kingdom is different from the Oba. Oba comes and goes but the kingdom remains
Oloripelebe:
Those lazy youth go insult the benin kingdom

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin In Lagos, Says Tinubu Presidency Is God-Ordained by ipobcannibals: 11:00pm On Nov 26, 2023
Watch how ipob/esn/obidi.ots and children with no respect for elders will insult their father.

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin In Lagos, Says Tinubu Presidency Is God-Ordained by wakaman: 11:01pm On Nov 26, 2023
To all the mofos above and below to come.
Make una mouth no make una run mad ooo
This na Oba of Benin oooo,

Benin things.
wink

13 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin In Lagos, Says Tinubu Presidency Is God-Ordained by Oloripelebe: 11:02pm On Nov 26, 2023
ValarDoharis:
If the Oba gets attacked, he had it coming.
Benin kingdom is different from the Oba. Oba comes and goes but the kingdom remains

Oya,insult the king...Mr Okoro

29 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin In Lagos, Says Tinubu Presidency Is God-Ordained by Obakoolex(m): 11:02pm On Nov 26, 2023
grin
Where's this ganja boy from Edo slowmilr or wetin be his name....shey he will not dethrone Edo king like dis for supporting Tinubu 🤣🤣🤣

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Woe! To Nigerian Government. Ghana Is Now The Giant Of Africa! / South-East Leaders, PSC Support Nwajiuba For Speaker / Politics Section Moderator Wanted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.