Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,203 members, 7,835,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

Oba Of Benin In Lagos, Says Tinubu Presidency Is God-Ordained - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oba Of Benin In Lagos, Says Tinubu Presidency Is God-Ordained (11361 Views)

Primate Ayodele: Peter Obi Not Ordained To Be Nigeria's President / General Gowon Sitting And Eating On The Floor In Benin In 1967 (Throwback Photo) / Defection: All Juicy Appointments Went To Katsina, Lagos, Says Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Benin In Lagos, Says Tinubu Presidency Is God-Ordained by dododawa1: 8:37am On Nov 27, 2023
New generation OBAs

No get level
Re: Oba Of Benin In Lagos, Says Tinubu Presidency Is God-Ordained by Obakoolex(m): 8:54am On Nov 27, 2023
phorget:

Oba only told them what they would like to hear but I know deep inside of him he knows what the real situations are.

Welldone sir....Oba mouthpiece grin
Re: Oba Of Benin In Lagos, Says Tinubu Presidency Is God-Ordained by Love56743: 8:56am On Nov 27, 2023
Truth be told 💯 of us criticizing tinubu, if tinubu eventually comes and give appointment nor of us will reject it, will call it corruption because will are not beneficial to it majority of us criticizing tinubu are Yahoo boys, tinubu is a senior thief while will are upcoming thief so obedient make orna shut up Go to Anambra and show me evidence of governance there in Anambra, Obi is just an intelligent criminal who know how to cover his tracks

6 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin In Lagos, Says Tinubu Presidency Is God-Ordained by Dareal90s(m): 9:04am On Nov 27, 2023
Stoplying:

It seems you don't know that written form of language is not from our region, it was given to us by Europeans during colonisation.
Why are you guys so deluded ?
There is no such "real document" (books) in any palace !
The alake's kingdom was created in 1830 by the way ! And it was created by fleeing slaves!

When I say you guys don't even know your own history, I'm not saying it as an insult. It is just a fact.
Yet you believe you are professors in Benin history 😂

The part of taking pride in sitting arrangements in a picture with prince Charles to such an extent you want to hang the picture in "Yoruba cultural centers" 🤣
Self-esteem needs to be introduced to you 😂 this is like nursery school type of childishness.

(Below is an 18th century map of Africa by Emanuel Bowen)

This map u upload on Nairaland everyday doesn't say anything, do u mean Benin own all the region surrounding it even down to Benin Republic or what? Coz the map no show anything sensible, I don't even know what an Emmanuel Bowen have to say about Africa.

Africa has been existing before the word map existed and we have kingdoms, Empires and so on. So, what u av is irrelevant.

6 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin In Lagos, Says Tinubu Presidency Is God-Ordained by YesDaddy1: 9:08am On Nov 27, 2023
Stoplying:

How long did it take for Yoruba ethnocentric people to turn this into claims of "Oba of Benin is Yoruba" ?!

Gentleman, the igbos 'obidients' that have been insulting ur oba since, I nor see u rebuke them, na so- so ''Yoruba ds Yoruba dt'' u dey yarn.

Na so una hatred for Yorubas reach sotey una turn blind eyes to the ppl insulting una king to come dey face Yorubas DT didn't insult him??
Eskiz me sir, are you normal??

Izit that you are afraid to face them or you just hate the Yorubas more?

See your 'obidient blodas' insulting your king below. What sayest thou?
Nothing I guess, so long as d insults don't come from Yorubas, abi?
vvvvv

nkemoma:
Oba ShalliPoppi..
Werey

Father4all:
Useless Oba speaking with two mouths

Antoeni:
He is Just An Anywhere Belle face Kind of Oba, He Belongs to The Same Whatsapp With FFK

Antoeni:
Shame On This Shawarma kind of Oba

Exceed15:
[Thunder fire this useless oba.

4 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin In Lagos, Says Tinubu Presidency Is God-Ordained by Teeklef(m): 9:11am On Nov 27, 2023
Angelfrost:

The Oba is wrong! Don't be afraid to speak the plain truth.

Don't insult a Holy God by insinuating that he would endorse shady characters into top leadership positions.

That's an insensitive and offensive thing to say to citizens who hold religion and traditions in high esteem.

Then you've not heard about King David in the Bible.
Re: Oba Of Benin In Lagos, Says Tinubu Presidency Is God-Ordained by Angelfrost(m): 9:16am On Nov 27, 2023
YorubaDemonswag:

See who's speaking? Someone that's following a known thief and worship God who derive pleasure in killing innocent beinggrin

You have no idea who or what I'm following... Assuming that I follow someone because I criticize another has to be the lowest form of reasoning I have found in Nigeria, especially among sycophants.

I'm not even religious, just pointing out that justifying man-made elections fraught with irregularities as being ordained by a Deity who was neither consulted nor involved is insulting and bordering on the obtuse.

Oba should keep being Politically correct but should resist the Temptation to irk religious people... His office is way too respectable for such tomfoolery.

We are done here.

Have a good day.
Re: Oba Of Benin In Lagos, Says Tinubu Presidency Is God-Ordained by Angelfrost(m): 9:18am On Nov 27, 2023
Teeklef:

Then you've not heard about King David in the Bible.

I will just safely assume you haven't just directly compared a Biblical character like King David to a corrupt leader in one of the most corrupt nations on Earth.

Maybe, you might want to throw more light on your statement. Thanks.
Re: Oba Of Benin In Lagos, Says Tinubu Presidency Is God-Ordained by YorubaDemonswag: 9:20am On Nov 27, 2023
Angelfrost:

You have no idea who or what I'm following... Assuming that I follow someone because I criticize another has to be the lowest form of reasoning I have found in Nigeria, especially among sycophants.

I'm not even religious, just pointing out that justifying man-made elections fraught with irregularities as being ordained by a Deity who was neither consulted nor involved is insulting and bordering on the obtuse.

Oba should keep being Politically correct but should resist the Temptation to irk religious people... His office is way too respectable for such tomfoolery.

We are done here.

Have a good day.

Is this the first time I will see your stupid comments saying everybody know Peter Obi won and he was rigged out,did everybody voted the way Anambra people vote? The fact that your candidate won your polling unit hands down doesn't mean he wasn't beat blue and black in some polling unit.you obirodent most especially eastern and some edo part of obirodent can be irritating and there's no need been polite with most of you since you want to force your myopic thinking on all of us.

5 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin In Lagos, Says Tinubu Presidency Is God-Ordained by Teeklef(m): 9:26am On Nov 27, 2023
Angelfrost:

I will just safely assume you haven't just directly compared a Biblical character like King David to a corrupt leader in one of the most corrupt nations on Earth.

Maybe, you might want to throw more light on your statement. Thanks.
What I am trying to say is that,our God still remain the same. The same God that was there when David was enthroned as king,is that same God that is still there when Tinubu became the president. David was corrupt and according to we Nigerians,Tinubu is a criminal and corrupt also. So the narrative is the same. Without God,Tinubu will never be president,even if he his richer,powerful and more influencial that Elon musk and Joe Biden.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin In Lagos, Says Tinubu Presidency Is God-Ordained by Teeklef(m): 9:31am On Nov 27, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
The real documents and artifacts of history are in the palaces of those Obas till date. The current Alake of Egbaland alluded to having original copies of these historical facts and evidences o.
In the future, Yoruba descendants will display this picture below to every visitor to Yoruba cultural centres too so that they can see how far behind is the place of the Bini royalty behind Oonirisa .
Omo!!!no be oba of benin I dey see dey stand for that pics.....shooorr
Re: Oba Of Benin In Lagos, Says Tinubu Presidency Is God-Ordained by Angelfrost(m): 9:35am On Nov 27, 2023
Teeklef:

What I am trying to say is that,our God still remain the same. The same God that was there when David was enthroned as king,is that same God that is still there when Tinubu became the president. David was corrupt and according to we Nigerians,Tinubu is a criminal and corrupt also. So the narrative is the same. Without God,Tinubu will never be president,even if he his richer,powerful and more influencial that Elon musk and Joe Biden.

What you wrote in bold above tells me either of 2 things:

You don't read and comprehend your Bible that well
...Or you are being mischievous by twisting scripture to suit your logical position

That's wrong on all counts.

King David wasn't elected or merely enthroned as King... He was directly and specifically chosen and anointed by God before all. The Bible was quite clear on this.

Secondly, and more importantly, David was not a corrupt man. He fell into sin, made mistakes, owned up, repented, and served his cruel penance totally.

Please, in what way is he in the same position or analogous to Tinubu and any Nigerian politician, past and present?!!!

Whatever your angle of defense is, you are wrong and indulging in blasphemous mischief. Please, desist from this.

I have absolutely nothing against Nigeria's leadership other than they being fantastically corrupt and unbridled in their looting which is obvious even to their praise singers.

I simply wish we will quite putting God's name in a vain and needless attempt to justify what is not justifiable, or whitewash a stinking sepulchre.

Life is that simple.

Thanks.
Re: Oba Of Benin In Lagos, Says Tinubu Presidency Is God-Ordained by Teeklef(m): 9:43am On Nov 27, 2023
Angelfrost:

What you wrote in bold above tells me either of 2 things:

You don't read and comprehend your Bible that well
...Or you are being mischievous by twisting scripture to suit your logical position

That's wrong on all counts.

King David wasn't elected or merely enthroned as King... He was directly and specifically chosen and anointed by God before all. The Bible was quite clear on this.

Secondly, and more importantly, David was not a corrupt man. He fell into sin, made mistakes, owned up, repented, and served his cruel penance totally.

Please, in what way is he in the same position or analogous to Tinubu and any Nigerian politician, past and present?!!!

Whatever your angle of defense is, you are wrong and indulging in blasphemous mischief. Please, desist from this.

I have absolutely nothing against Nigeria's leadership other than they being fantastically corrupt and unbridled in their looting which is obvious even to their praise singers.

I simply wish we will quite putting God's name in a vain and needless attempt to justify what is not justifiable, or whitewash a stinking sepulchre.

Life is that simple.

Thanks.
Smile!!! See as you package English take hype David. King David is not corrupt but fall into a sin. Not once o,not twice sef. Someone committed murder,fornication and others,you said he do fall into sin and repent😂. Bro,either enthroned,elected or specially chosen,without God in support,Tinubu cannot be president no matter how rich and powerful he is.
Thanks also.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin In Lagos, Says Tinubu Presidency Is God-Ordained by Angelfrost(m): 9:46am On Nov 27, 2023
Teeklef:

Smile!!! See as you package English take hype David. King David is not corrupt but fall into a sin. Not once o,not twice sef. Someone committed murder,fornication and others,you said he do fall into sin and repent😂. Bro,either enthroned,elected or specially chosen,without God in support,Tinubu cannot be president no matter how rich and powerful he is.
Thanks also.

Okay Boss... I understand and respect your perspective. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin In Lagos, Says Tinubu Presidency Is God-Ordained by queenafolami2: 9:49am On Nov 27, 2023
Edo and Benin by extension is Obidient. Maybe the Oba has had too much of hero beer.Edo and Benin by extension is Obidient. Maybe the Oba has had too much of hero beer....
Re: Oba Of Benin In Lagos, Says Tinubu Presidency Is God-Ordained by wakaman: 10:13am On Nov 27, 2023
phorget:

Oba is an individual and I'm sure he did not speak for the good people of Edo.

Are you one of the good people of Edo?
The Oba is the epitome of edo people culturally.
You want to separate the Oba from edo and edo people Because he is not in consonance with your political inclinations.

And the only sure for your kind is shame.

Perchance raving madness or some other calamity.

Express no far from where you dey.

4 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin In Lagos, Says Tinubu Presidency Is God-Ordained by ipobcannibals: 11:57am On Nov 27, 2023
phorget:

Becoming an elder doesn't automatically make you a wise man cos stupid people do grow to become elders too. Giving maximum regard to someone simply because the person is an ”elder” has been our shortcomings over the years. Respect is earned,if a youth deserves to be respected then we respect him/her and if an elder does something that earn him a drag then we drag him so he can come to his senses.
@ the bolded, tell that to the SE, where elders like those of them in ohanaeze are supporting evil terrorist organization like ipob/esn and even calling for the release of hunchback bingo, namadi cownu. Give the advice to the SE where elders like fat pig Emmanuel Iwuayanwu also supports sit-at home thinking they are punishing Buhari and the north by sitting at home.
Due to hate for others, the SEasterners are now the most brainless people on the face of the planet.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin In Lagos, Says Tinubu Presidency Is God-Ordained by DaCharis2016: 6:27pm On Nov 27, 2023
Mumu Oba

Don't worry Nigeria will soon wake up.
Re: Oba Of Benin In Lagos, Says Tinubu Presidency Is God-Ordained by Stoplying: 6:34pm On Nov 27, 2023
As an Edo, I say Oba Gha tokpere ! Isse!

Tinubu's presidency was ordained by God, if anybody is not happy...not my problem ! It is your personal problem, don't disturb me with it. It's between you and Tinubu and God. If I'm happy, it is not your problem !

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin In Lagos, Says Tinubu Presidency Is God-Ordained by phorget(m): 7:17pm On Nov 27, 2023
ipobcannibals:
@ the bolded, tell that to the SE, where elders like those of them in ohanaeze are supporting evil terrorist organization like ipob/esn and even calling for the release of hunchback bingo, namadi cownu. Give the advice to the SE where elders like fat pig Emmanuel Iwuayanwu also supports sit-at home thinking they are punishing Buhari and the north by sitting at home.
Due to hate for others, the SEasterners are now the most brainless people on the face of the planet.

Even if SE elders chooses to act stupid do you think I'll support them? I am not like everyone please, you earn your respect from me and not because of your age but because of your reasonings and actions.
Re: Oba Of Benin In Lagos, Says Tinubu Presidency Is God-Ordained by phorget(m): 7:28pm On Nov 27, 2023
wakaman:

Are you one of the good people of Edo?
The Oba is the epitome of edo people culturally.
You want to separate the Oba from edo and edo people Because he is not in consonance with your political inclinations.

And the only sure for your kind is shame.

Perchance raving madness or some other calamity.

Express no far from where you dey.

Come any election I'm sure the oba wont cast more than one vote. I am not dishonoring anybody here, the fact that you are in position of authority doesn't make you the alpha and the omega.
I personally see no reason for him making mention of the past election let alone him making it look like its God ordained.If the oba wont be so economical with the truth then I'm sure he would have called a spade a spade but unfortunately for our people they like listening to sweet words instead of the truth and the Oba decided to dish out the sweet word that will make them happy.

This is not about politics, it will only take you a few hour survey to know if people are happy or not, walk the street then judge the situation by yourself.
Re: Oba Of Benin In Lagos, Says Tinubu Presidency Is God-Ordained by 77up(m): 8:20pm On Nov 27, 2023
Chai this great king go don kollect korrect insult from headless mob o😂

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin In Lagos, Says Tinubu Presidency Is God-Ordained by FLYFIRE(m): 8:56pm On Nov 27, 2023
A very DISGRACEFUL king who has gone lowest of any Benin Obi I have come to know probably because of money. Someone that should uphold the truth...SHAMEFUL
Re: Oba Of Benin In Lagos, Says Tinubu Presidency Is God-Ordained by damkin24(m): 10:20pm On Nov 27, 2023
Antoeni:
Shame On This Shawarma kind of Oba
See this idiotic fellow always emotional

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin In Lagos, Says Tinubu Presidency Is God-Ordained by jasent(m): 6:34am On Nov 28, 2023
richie240:
You have 5 southeastern states to choose from:
Imo
Abia
Anambala
Ebonyi
Enugu.

Ngwa, choose one.
Oba of bini get sense, unlike millions of hin pikins that have allowed themselves to be brainwashed by Igbos.

Decamp first and let's see whether oba go miss u.
cool

So,you had to name only SE states,what happened to other states in Nigeria? Fcking tribal bigot
Re: Oba Of Benin In Lagos, Says Tinubu Presidency Is God-Ordained by wakaman: 7:30am On Nov 28, 2023
phorget:

Come any election I'm sure the oba wont cast more than one vote. I am not dishonoring anybody here, the fact that you are in position of authority doesn't make you the alpha and the omega.
I personally see no reason for him making mention of the past election let alone him making it look like its God ordained.If the oba wont be so economical with the truth then I'm sure he would have called a spade a spade but unfortunately for our people they like listening to sweet words instead of the truth and the Oba decided to dish out the sweet word that will make them happy.

This is not about politics, it will only take you a few hour survey to know if people are happy or not, walk the street then judge the situation by yourself.

You are assuming your truth to be every other people's truth.
Yes in certain quarters if you walk the street, you would feel the dissatisfaction from the last election because their candidate lost, while in other places the feeling of the street is exactly opposite your feelings.
The outcome of the election has been accepted by most people.
What most people are concerned with now is what the president from the last election is doing with the mandate, how the mandate is gonna translate to better living for Nigerians.
Thus the OBA I want to assume you don't know who he voted for. Is either haply that is preferred candidate won, or in another press he has moved on and accepted the outcome of the last election as GOD ordained, since the matter has been rested at the highest courts of the land.
The majority is God, the present is God.

Thus like a man/ oba that knows his salt, he has accepted fate and is working with faith now.
Let other people take their stand, you take your stand and live the consequences of your choice, to allay your choice is better than the others even as apparently not, is to continue tp scratch the scab of a wound, it would never heal, and it can only get infected with time. This infection could lead on to amputation and other more dire consequences.
Let people live their truth and choice.
Their choice is superior to yours, your truth is a lie to.them.
You are not better than all of them.

Simple arithmetic.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Festus Keyamo: No Local Airline Will Become Nigeria's National Carrier / Doyin Okupe Calls On God To Expose Boko Haram Sponsors Via Twitter / Buratai Visits Onitsha, Tasks Army On Professionalism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.