Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,281 members, 7,836,253 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

Why You Should Not Come To Canada - Lady Tells African Men (pic/video) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why You Should Not Come To Canada - Lady Tells African Men (pic/video) (57720 Views)

"I Feel So Lonely & Sad" Nigerian Lady Residing In Canada Weeps (pic/video) / "Help Me Buy Food Too"- Lady Tells Her Bolt Driver (pictures) / America Is Not What You Think It Is - Steve Harvey Tells African Wanted To Move (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Should Not Come To Canada - Lady Tells African Men (pic/video) by qtguru(m): 12:57pm On Nov 27, 2023
TheGift:

Yes school fees is free, but what if what they are teaching your kids in school does not make them free?

If you are like my friend in Canada, who doesn’t want his children to grow up on values he doesn’t not support , like gay marriage or gender fluidity , then you will still end up going to pay for a private “Christian” school.

That free education you are talking about, comes at a cost that is not money.

That is my greatest worry, sometimes to be honest, if not for better life, I'd just stay put in this country, we still have values and shame.

There was an igbo brother in the US pushing aginst gender ideologies in schools and that worried me, having to monitor their curriculum. it's well
Re: Why You Should Not Come To Canada - Lady Tells African Men (pic/video) by lomprico(m): 1:03pm On Nov 27, 2023
qtguru:

I think blue collar jobs are available(carpentry, plumbing, etc), because I have my mind on that, but I was referring to white collar jobs, for menial job I don't doubt that it would be available.

Then we are on same page. I am talking about blue collar (menial) jobs. We all know the white collar is difficult to get. Except you are in the medical field.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Come To Canada - Lady Tells African Men (pic/video) by lomprico(m): 1:06pm On Nov 27, 2023
Trojan8:

Mumu

Na naira person wey dey Canada dey spend.

You stupid sha! Lol

We are talking about equivalent abi na Canadian dollar you dey spend for Nigeria? Ewu!
Re: Why You Should Not Come To Canada - Lady Tells African Men (pic/video) by Adakintroy: 1:10pm On Nov 27, 2023
Angelfrost:

Enough of this abeg... It's stale.

Everyone should choose his path in life.

If someone decides he can't do better while in Nigeria, let him leave...! People have left and succeeded abroad.

People also stay back and thrive in Nigeria, while others stay back and retrogress. Life is personal.

This consistent demonization of immigration is selfish and stupid.

Y'all should put that energy into compelling change for the better in your nation...!

Besides, over 95% of your elected leaders all reside abroad. So, why discourage your fellow citizens?!!

Let's give this anti-japa movement a rest! It's beyond irritating.
j

Am not demonizing anyone. You are pro yapa that's all. She gave an alternate perspective. If you are any objective you will tolerate it.

All of you act as if there is nothing good about Nigeria. Yet your basic education you got here. The little money you made you scrape and take outside. But you will pretend like you don't know why Nigeria is broke. You are all selfish. All of you. Shame on you for pointing solely at leaders. Imagine the drain in capital flight and the talent lost to your slavery mindset. No sense of honest patriotism. Who will teach you this qualities. White have no respect for men with non of this qualities. They call them traitors.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Not Come To Canada - Lady Tells African Men (pic/video) by flokii: 1:11pm On Nov 27, 2023
The kind of Job a White Canadian will do in Nigeria for example isn't the kind of job a Black African would be considered for in Canada..

The lady should not stress herself.. the Africans that lack self dignity will continue trooping into Canada to do those dirty jobs.

The thing is our people back home in Nigeria should stop making them feel special or any more human than them.. You go yankee na your business, your cup of tea, don't flaunt it in our faces.
Re: Why You Should Not Come To Canada - Lady Tells African Men (pic/video) by Angelfrost(m): 1:22pm On Nov 27, 2023
Adakintroy:
j

Am not demonizing anyone. You are pro yapa that's all. She gave an alternate perspective. If you you are any objective you will tolerate it.

All of you act as if there is nothing good about Nigeria. Yet your basic education you got here. The little money you made you scrape and take outside. But you will present like you don't know why Nigeria is broke. You are all selfish. All of you. Shame on you for pointing solely at leaders. Imagine the drain in capital flight and the talent lost to your slavery mindset. No sense of honest patriotism. Who will teach you this qualities. White have no respect for men with non of this qualities. They call them traitors.

Wrong! You are being emotional, I'm being practical.

I am not pro anything... I'm all for everyone choosing his path and no one criticizing him for it especially in the name of Patriotism.

You think you care more for Nigeria than I do?!! Lol... You would be amazed to know you haven't contributed a quarter of what I have done to make this nation better, but to what end?!!

At the end of the day, it amounts to nothing if we get it wrong in the place of leadership.

For most people to pack up and leave their nation, culture, and pride behind, they have done everything except die of frustration and anger... Many even died horribly while believing in a better Nigeria.

The reality is the reality.

If surviving here is okay for you, go ahead... It doesn't make you better than those who choose to try elsewhere.

You can't compel anyone to be patriotic... Patriotism comes from a place of leadership and hope. These two have left the heart and soul of this nation... You can deny this all you want.

Bottom line... Let those staying back, do so in peace... Let those leaving, be left to their choices.

This upsurge of anti-japa threads should stop... It has stopped making sense for a while now.

You can't end brain drain with propaganda... Only with actual and people oriented leadership.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Come To Canada - Lady Tells African Men (pic/video) by Angelfrost(m): 1:25pm On Nov 27, 2023
flokii:
The kind of Job a White Canadian will do in Nigeria for example isn't the kind of job a Black African would be considered for in Canada..

The lady should not stress herself.. the Africans that lack self dignity will continue trooping into Canada to do those dirty jobs.

The thing is our people back home in Nigeria should stop making them feel special or any more human than them.. You go yankee na your business, your cup of tea, don't flaunt it in our faces.

Honestly, you have said it all...!

Those in Nigeria should quit worshipping those based abroad like they are anything special.

Also, those abroad should equally quit making such anti-japa threads... They stink of desperate hypocrisy.

You hustled to get out, then suddenly realized the need to 'warn' others not to come... What rubbish!!!
Re: Why You Should Not Come To Canada - Lady Tells African Men (pic/video) by cjudy(m): 1:28pm On Nov 27, 2023
Lies . I’m in Canada and I can tell you, if you have the money to come, don’t hesitate coming. You will make a good money working legit.

Don’t listen to all these deceivers, they don’t want you to make it big as they do.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Come To Canada - Lady Tells African Men (pic/video) by wirinet(m): 1:30pm On Nov 27, 2023
Adakintroy:
j

Am not demonizing anyone. You are pro yapa that's all. She gave an alternate perspective. If you you are any objective you will tolerate it.

All of you act as if there is nothing good about Nigeria. Yet your basic education you got here. The little money you made you scrape and take outside. But you will present like you don't know why Nigeria is broke. You are all selfish. All of you. Shame on you for pointing solely at leaders. Imagine the drain in capital flight and the talent lost to your slavery mindset. No sense of honest patriotism. Who will teach you this qualities. White have no respect for men with non of this qualities. They call them traitors .

Yorubas would say ko lè yè yòn (they can never understand). The whites, the Arabs and the Asians would never respect you, if your values system is shit - selfishness, greed, untrustworthy and unpatriotic. With all the wars that went on the Syria, the Syrians themselves refused to japa into Europe, which was a stone throw away. With all the sanctions that the west placed on Iran, the Iranian people remain in Iran to confront the Ayatollah dictatorship. But any small problem in Nigeria (the southern parts particularly), scores begin to japa to any where. You now wonder why everyone hates and disrespect us, the Arabs loath us, the Jews don't want to see us, even fellow Africans hate and disrespect us. Canada that tolerated us because of their dwindling population and the huge expanse of land will soon get tired of us.
Re: Why You Should Not Come To Canada - Lady Tells African Men (pic/video) by Surgeman: 1:34pm On Nov 27, 2023
They'll never learn until they come. I dey see too many new Nigerians wey just japa come dey cry dey wish say dem listen but I don't give a rats azz about them because dem dey insult me here anytime I ask people not to come. This place is the proverbial land of the dead...the underworld but they won't listen. If you say you get mind, by all means come but no talk say dem no warn you o.
Re: Why You Should Not Come To Canada - Lady Tells African Men (pic/video) by 1Alex: 1:39pm On Nov 27, 2023
TheGift:

But you will be too ashamed to become a farmer in Nigeria, even though it will give you more money than being a banker?

And all this talk about making more money, When you earn your Canadian dollars, will you pay your bills in naira? Will you not still pay your taxes in Canada which has one of the highest tax rates in the world? You guys really need to think about this thing a little deeper.
Are you saying that farm workers in Nigeria are better than their counterparts in Canada?

Secondly, Becoming a farmer in Nigeria comes with my risks and uncertainties.
Re: Why You Should Not Come To Canada - Lady Tells African Men (pic/video) by FireUpNow(m): 1:43pm On Nov 27, 2023
Is farming a bad occupation? This lady is not well at all. As long as the cash will come at the end of the week or month to pay bills and have extra then who cares
Re: Why You Should Not Come To Canada - Lady Tells African Men (pic/video) by Adakintroy: 1:43pm On Nov 27, 2023
Angelfrost:

Wrong! You are being emotional, I'm being practical.

I am not pro anything... I'm all for everyone choosing his path and no one criticizing him for it especially in the name of Patriotism.

You think you care more for Nigeria than I do?!! Lol... You would be amazed to know you haven't contributed a quarter of what I have done to make this nation better, but to what end?!!

At the end of the day, it amounts to nothing if we get it wrong in the place of leadership.

For most people to pack up and leave their nation, culture, and pride behind, they have done everything except die of frustration and anger... Many even died horribly while believing in a better Nigeria.

The reality is the reality.

If surviving here is okay for you, go ahead... It doesn't make you better than those who choose to try elsewhere.

You can't compel anyone to be patriotic... Patriotism comes from a place of leadership and hope. These two have left the heart and soul of this nation... You can deny this all you want.

Bottom line... Let those staying back, do so in peace... Let those leaving, be left to their choices.

This upsurge of anti-japa threads should stop... It has stopped making sense for a while now.

You can't end brain drain with propaganda... Only with actual and people oriented leadership.

Am being emotions how? And you practical. The nerve not to call urself a weakling. How are you practical and am not while you encourage weak endeavour like abandoning your country . what then will you do in time so wars. Just natural human striving like struggle. Some of you already immense in million and invest in visa. Is that not stupid. If you have 1million you already beat the huger mark. The rest is hard work self and control and continue improve. Mental slavery will continue as long as blacks cannot not get pass immediate gratifications. You all will keep acting as slaves to the whites while pretending we are equals.
Re: Why You Should Not Come To Canada - Lady Tells African Men (pic/video) by osothermal(m): 1:45pm On Nov 27, 2023
Annahh:
But she's saying the truth, how can a banker be a cleaner or caregiver in another man's land, it's very disrespectful, someone that had a promising career. Like who does that.

Y'all that are insulting her don't know how it feels till you are in that position, it's easier to talk and insult.
It's just for a moment sir, he won't be a dish washer all the days of his life . So many people started like that, but with time they fitted into the system and are big
Re: Why You Should Not Come To Canada - Lady Tells African Men (pic/video) by nairalanda1(m): 1:46pm On Nov 27, 2023
Thundafireseun:

[color=#000099]You sound like a kid…

Thanks for being rude. Good afternoon.
Re: Why You Should Not Come To Canada - Lady Tells African Men (pic/video) by bemeruca: 1:48pm On Nov 27, 2023
1Alex:
Have you now seen a typical women brain. If becoming a farmer in Canada can give me 10 times my salary as a banker in Nigeria, why won't I migrate?

Who is talking about stooping so low when money is involved.

That girl is a compound Id10t.

You can earn more but can't keep more. It's common sense. Let's say you earn around 2million naira a month and house rent is 1.5million naira a month. How will you survive? How much will you be saving after other expenses?
Re: Why You Should Not Come To Canada - Lady Tells African Men (pic/video) by nairalanda1(m): 1:48pm On Nov 27, 2023
Mvnster:

Thats not even the issue, but even at that, if he so wishes and he does not have the necessary qualifications to work as a skilled worker he could still run some 2-4 years course doing menial jobs and pay for his courses. I know a couple of men who have done that and are far ahead of those they left behind here.
loswhite:
Whats the story of the now? Is he still a dish washer? The Nigeria of today is it better than 1994? Does it hurt to have dual citizenship? Are his children benefiting from the decision he made? People stay in Nigeria and regret and People travel out of Nigeria and regret...lol make una try rest and let japa be. Every cow thinks the only way to trend is to form expert on japa

cheesy

Did I say that you two should not go to Canada?

Good afternoon. grin
Re: Why You Should Not Come To Canada - Lady Tells African Men (pic/video) by osothermal(m): 1:48pm On Nov 27, 2023
lomprico:

Then we are on same page. I am talking about blue collar (menial) jobs. We all know the white collar is difficult to get. Except you are in the medical field.
Blue collar job you should mean plumbers, Electricians, bricklayers and so on. Those guys in UK are one of the highest paid workers. Some earn as much as £25 per hour. Those people that are underrated in our Country
Re: Why You Should Not Come To Canada - Lady Tells African Men (pic/video) by Thundafireseun: 1:51pm On Nov 27, 2023
nairalanda1:

Thanks for being rude. Good afternoon.

How old are you ??

It’s obvious you don’t even know what Rude is
Re: Why You Should Not Come To Canada - Lady Tells African Men (pic/video) by SalamRushdie: 1:52pm On Nov 27, 2023
1Alex:
Have you now seen a typical women brain. If becoming a farmer in Canada can give me 10 times my salary as a banker in Nigeria, why won't I migrate?

Who is talking about stooping so low when money is involved.

That girl is a compound Id10t.

So money forms the primary basis for all your decisions?
Re: Why You Should Not Come To Canada - Lady Tells African Men (pic/video) by bemeruca: 1:52pm On Nov 27, 2023
Annahh:
But she's saying the truth, how can a banker be a cleaner or caregiver in another man's land, it's very disrespectful, someone that had a promising career. Like who does that.

Y'all that are insulting her don't know how it feels till you are in that position, it's easier to talk and insult.

What's disrespectful? Who cares about your respect? It's people like you who see those in abroad as gods.

There is nothing disrespectful in there. People do gateman and drivers for others in naija... It is life.

But anyone who has a good job in naija and throw it away for something less is a fool. Well, not entirely. Security and uncertainty might be a factor. Just saying.
Re: Why You Should Not Come To Canada - Lady Tells African Men (pic/video) by nairalanda1(m): 1:53pm On Nov 27, 2023
Thundafireseun:

How old are you ??

It’s obvious you don’t even know what Rude is

Okay,good afternoon, madam.
Re: Why You Should Not Come To Canada - Lady Tells African Men (pic/video) by OSDD(m): 1:58pm On Nov 27, 2023
[quote author=OlawaleBammie post=127189388]Stop giving them attention....they are all fuuls[/quote
That one no mean say she go answer your dm...
Re: Why You Should Not Come To Canada - Lady Tells African Men (pic/video) by Angelfrost(m): 2:02pm On Nov 27, 2023
Adakintroy:

Am being emotions how? And you practical. The nerve not to call urself a weakling. How are you practical and am not while you encourage weak endeavour like abandoning your country . what then will you do in time so wars. Just natural human striving like struggle. Some of you already immense in million and invest in visa. Is that not stupid. If you have 1million you already beat the huger mark. The rest is hard work self and control and continue improve. Mental slavery will continue as long as blacks cannot not get pass immediate gratifications. You all will keep acting as slaves to the whites while pretending we are equals.

You see my point?!! Emotional rants borne out of misplaced pseudo-patriotism.

You go dey alright las las... Don't worry. grin

Stay back and build your country, and allow the 'Slaves' go and help their oppressors build theirs... How hard is that?!! Are they slaving away with your energy and life?!! Why e dey pain you pass the people spending the money to leave or flee?!!

Shebi GSk, Astrazeneca, Sanofi, and many others are also stupid for packing up and leaving the "Giant" of Africa after decades of doing business here?!!

Shebi the numerous indigenous businesses dying off after millions of money invested are also slaves?!!

At the end of the day, after your needless rant and self-righteousness, for everyone leaving at least 5 are staying back... What's stopping the millions staying back from transforming the nation to Utopia?!!

Abeg, let's all drink water and chill... Let those staying back in Nigeria, enjoy and grow their nation (Dem plenty pass the ones leaving)! Let those leaving shut the fvck up and enjoy their abroad lives or return back to their nations rather than creating silly threads.

Me and you nor get issue at all...! Just walk your path in life, and let others choose theirs. Simple.
Re: Why You Should Not Come To Canada - Lady Tells African Men (pic/video) by buJu234: 2:05pm On Nov 27, 2023
my only advise is that if u like women to be loyal to u then stay back in Africa

also for ladies, if u like where men will b running around u like flies.. then stay back in Africa
Re: Why You Should Not Come To Canada - Lady Tells African Men (pic/video) by Tuaka10: 2:09pm On Nov 27, 2023
Obviously what she's saying the truth. Africans have slavery mentality, I mean there are so many opportunities in Africa.
Re: Why You Should Not Come To Canada - Lady Tells African Men (pic/video) by TheGift: 2:11pm On Nov 27, 2023
1Alex:
Are you saying that farm workers in Nigeria are better than their counterparts in Canada?

Secondly, Becoming a farmer in Nigeria comes with my risks and uncertainties.

It depends on what kind of farm worker you are talking about. But my point is many of us will travel half way across the world to do stuff we are ashamed of doing here. Meanwhile, if we could just put that shame aside. I know a graduate in Nigeria who started working as a cleaner in Nigeria, now he has a cleaning company that employs a lot of people. Because he was able to put shame aside and find dignity in his ow labour.

Sometimes when I think of our best brains , shipping out in their prime to go and do menial jobs in faraway lands , it reminds me of a second slavery. Only this time, we are the ones giving up and selling all that we have worked for to go and become slaves.

Note this does not apply to everyone. But many people are running away from without knowing what they are running to and why.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Come To Canada - Lady Tells African Men (pic/video) by planetx: 2:20pm On Nov 27, 2023
Mass migration from the third world will be the end of this Western countries like Canada and the UK. You have to start thinking this a conspiracy to destroy those societies, due to mass migration.
Canada is now experiencing a severe housing shortage, their once vaunted health care system is in shambles, so bad now immigrants that were sold a fairy tale are now running away from the country.
Re: Why You Should Not Come To Canada - Lady Tells African Men (pic/video) by wealthyprince(m): 2:27pm On Nov 27, 2023
Agent. Your opinion will have meaning if you leave Canada and come to Nigeria.
Re: Why You Should Not Come To Canada - Lady Tells African Men (pic/video) by wirinet(m): 2:35pm On Nov 27, 2023
Adakintroy:

My sister my respect for you just increased 1000 times. I envy your husband - future or present. I honesty don't understand how someone can use millions sometimes up to N5 million to japa to another country to start doing menial jobs. With just 2 - 3 million you can start a viable business here in Nigeria that has growth potentials. I started a mini snack bar for my wife with less than N1million. When business was good, she was making a turnover of 10,000- 20,000 per day. Now snack business has crashed. We are looking at turning it into a pizza bar. Pizza is the latest fad in town.

One of my wife's friends make lots of money by just selling asun at hotels and drink joints. She goes to ketu every weekend to buy goats. Sometimes she buys 3 goats in a week.

Nigerians are just too mentally lazy and avoid taking risks. They want sure bets.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Not Come To Canada - Lady Tells African Men (pic/video) by wirinet(m): 2:42pm On Nov 27, 2023
Tuaka10:
Obviously what she's saying the truth. Africans have slavery mentality, I mean there are so many opportunities in Africa.
So sad. Its the Chinese, indians and Lebanese that are exploiting those opportunities. Come to Ikorodu, you will find so many companies being run by Chinese, indians and Lebanese, many of them can hardly speak English. The latest news is that Chinese are taking over ogun state as they are buying large swathes of land. Yet the owners of these lands are the ones selling these lands to japa.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Come To Canada - Lady Tells African Men (pic/video) by Angelfrost(m): 2:49pm On Nov 27, 2023
osothermal:
Blue collar job you should mean plumbers, Electricians, bricklayers and so on. Those guys in UK are one of the highest paid workers. Some earn as much as £25 per hour. Those people that are underrated in our Country

How many white collar jobs do we even have in Nigeria today?!!!

Food for thought.

Things are changing everywhere in the universe.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

A Tour Of New Afrika Shrine To See Fela Kuti's Bedroom And Belongings (video) / 8 Disgusting Habits Displayed By Nigerians When They Return From Abroad / Experience My First Racism In U. K From Someone Who I Thought Was My Friend.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.