Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,993 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) (33950 Views)

Warri-Bayelsa-PortHarcourt Link Road: The Worst Road In South-South Nigeria / Current State Of Port-Harcourt Road In Aba - Worst Road In SE / Which Nigerian City Can Road Traffic Be As Discipline As This? (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by 3ice9ce: 8:24pm On Nov 27, 2023
Lagos needs to be decongested.
Come from December 31 to January 4 and see how nice Lagos is.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by Anytask01: 8:24pm On Nov 27, 2023
Pristine664:
Looking for bad new about Lagos everywhere.
Who is looking? Igbo abi? Your most hated Tribe/people. Why not just say it was written by them.
Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by 3ice9ce: 8:26pm On Nov 27, 2023
Emergingnation:
The glorified slums city represent every thing bad.😭😭

Yet, you don't want to leave Lagos.
Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by Zxcvbnmghtr: 8:26pm On Nov 27, 2023
adamusuleiman1:

Lagos needs to be decongested. If other governors govern their domains right, there won't be a mad rush for Lagos State.

The decongestion happens in the month of December and January. grin
Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by Larryndelaw: 8:28pm On Nov 27, 2023
They will.be writing bad things about Lagos but dem.know wan commot for.Lagos

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by Risingblue008(m): 8:28pm On Nov 27, 2023
tiswell:
Ronu's left the group chat
Dem sabi run ehhh

1 Like

Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by Skillsnigeria: 8:29pm On Nov 27, 2023
Noted
Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by Angelfrost(m): 8:29pm On Nov 27, 2023
Lagos is just terribly congested... People living there are really trying o.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by adamusuleiman1: 8:29pm On Nov 27, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:

The decongestion happens in the month of December and January. grin
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by Emergingnation(m): 8:29pm On Nov 27, 2023
3ice9ce:

Yet, you don't want to leave Lagos.
I don't want to leave, yet I am fighting for the actualisation of sovereign state of Biafra.. grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by ruffDiamond: 8:29pm On Nov 27, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:

Fvck Global Traffic Congestion Rankings

be like this dumb GenZ ode just learned the word ,"fvck" cheesy just spewing it everywhere like s villager throwing corn at fowl cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by ade4real2016: 8:30pm On Nov 27, 2023
[quote author=Zonefree post=127196793] Fake news.

Lagos in SW got the best road network in the world.

Source;
NBS. [/quote

Better wake up from sleep...
Very sure you're not living in Lagos...
Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by CoronaVirusPro: 8:31pm On Nov 27, 2023
ruffDiamond:
be like this dumb GenZ ode just learned the word ,"fvck" cheesy just spewing it everywhere like s villager throwing corn at fowl cheesy

Fvck you too!
Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by JOemmy(m): 8:31pm On Nov 27, 2023
Very funny and soludo once sent a delegation to lagos for training on road traffic what did they go there to learn?
Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by flokii: 8:35pm On Nov 27, 2023
It's the docility of Yorubas that is making Lagos rot away in terms of infrastructure while we keep rejoicing over nothing... When are we going to check influx of Igbos into Lagos and other parts of Yorubaland?
What are they looking for in South West that they can't stay back and develop their own region??.

These are pertinent questions people are shying away from.. If I am Governor, I'll round them all up and dump them on Onitsha head bridge. Fashola did it, we need people that will checkmate their mass migration into Yorubaland.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by Judolisco(m): 8:35pm On Nov 27, 2023
Seriously as someone who has stayed in Abuja... Lagos people are really suffering... I went to lag last week stayed there for 3 days and I couldn't take it.... Beautiful city but 2 many people and d noise was something else.... I was goin to d island and my friend told me that if I'm not out by 5pm that I'll be late.... Ino fit abeg

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by CommonSense1967: 8:35pm On Nov 27, 2023
A big part of the reason is that Nigerians are so impatient. But they rather blame everything on govt.
The traffic in Atlanta is also bad, but it will be worse if the drivers in Atlanta act like the drivers in Nigeria.
I just got back to Naija today; while driving, I allowed someone to make a left turn. The next thing I realized was that all the people turning left refused to allow me to go. I eventually blame myself for trying to be nice.
In Atlanta and most parts of the world, people will take turns to go one by one but not in Nigeria.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by Joy2dworldxyz: 8:36pm On Nov 27, 2023
Thank you @ Lagos for not letting us down.
Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by Qatar2022: 8:36pm On Nov 27, 2023
dominique:
Lagos is too heavily popular not to have heavy traffic jams. That's why we're praying for development and industrialisation in other states so Lagos can be decongested. NewYork city should be on the list IMO
Yet idiot from Lagos is fighting for other state not to have airport and seaport

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by Qatar2022: 8:36pm On Nov 27, 2023
dominique:
Lagos is too heavily popular not to have heavy traffic jams. That's why we're praying for development and industrialisation in other states so Lagos can be decongested. NewYork city should be on the list IMO
Yet idiot from Lagos is fighting for other state not to have airport and seaport so that they will depend on Lagos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by warrifinest1985: 8:38pm On Nov 27, 2023
Odewaleadesoye:
Lagos State has been ranked as the city with the worst road traffic in the world.

This is according to Global Traffic Congestion Rankings 2023 by Traffic Index.

Latvian city, Riga, came second on the list, followed by Tehran, the capital and largest city of Iran.

In fourth place is Mexico City in Mexico, with Indian city Mumbai in fifth while Krakow in Poland occupied the sixth spot.

Here is a list of top 10 cities with the worst road traffic in the world.

DAILY POST
Thats a very fat lie! I spent 10 years in lagos. Number one and 2 ought to be the india capital mubai and china then followed by new york

1 Like

Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by airsaylongcome: 8:41pm On Nov 27, 2023
Pristine664:
Looking for bad new about Lagos everywhere.

Posted here by an Odewale Adesoye

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by Mitsurugi(m): 8:41pm On Nov 27, 2023
adamusuleiman1:

Lagos needs to be decongested. If their governors governed their domains right, there won't be a mad rush for Lagos State and other parts of the SW region.

Imagine the stress not only on infrastructure but healthcare services, education, welfare e.t.c.

Their governors.... 💩💩💩
Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by Validated: 8:41pm On Nov 27, 2023
Everyone in Lagos drink shitwater everyday. When the bath, when they cook, their bottle water. Everything water in Lagos is already mixed with shi and decomposing dead bodies.
Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by ezechi24(m): 8:42pm On Nov 27, 2023
reiddecuti:
Our dearest Lagos. That's the result of monopoly of economy practice in our dearest country.

Diversify the economy they said no. The want to teach the igbos Igbos a lesson.

Obasanjo started the evil, now he is trying to fight against it as if he wasn't the cause.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by Omoapena(m): 8:49pm On Nov 27, 2023
It can't be Lagos when Mumbai n Delhi is there

1 Like

Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by Fujiyama: 8:49pm On Nov 27, 2023
seandurse:
Normal flex. Lagos will build you for anywhere in the world. So when you get there and see what people are complaining about, you will see it as normal thing.

^^^
grin

It works both ways.

Those people in other places could see you as a rugged survivalist who can overcome any adversity. Or... they could see you as an abnormal misfit to be avoided at all costs.

The knife cuts both ways.
Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by commoditiesnig: 8:49pm On Nov 27, 2023
Guys, Istanbul (Turkey) traffic pass Lagos traffic by far oh! Lagos traffic dey learn compared to Istanbul.

Istanbul, Europe's largest megacity by population (around 20m residents) with size 5x bigger than Lagos with various means of transport such as underground metro train, trams, dedicated BRT buses, ferry, and good road network still experience massive traffic from the European side to Asian side.. We literally spend hours on traffic to and from work/business.

Even with filled up metro, trams, BRT buses, there's still standstill traffic at rush hours morning & evenings.. However it's such a magnificent megacity!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by grandstar(m): 8:50pm On Nov 27, 2023
Skyfornia:
Decongest Lagos by making other states viable for investments and businesses, open more ports in other states, set up government presence in other states too...who says we can't have Neco headquarters in Portharcourt? Or Custom headquarters in Enugu?? Etc

It is more efficient having them in one place- it is a hub.
Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by Flame333: 8:52pm On Nov 27, 2023
Evolutionism:

Lol you didn't get the Sarcasmgrin

Understood
Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by Kingsean(m): 8:53pm On Nov 27, 2023
Risingblue008:
Thank God say no be me talk am
grin grin grin

I'll keep saying it
This Lagos na overrated state,
I prefer akwa ibom or Calabar to Lagos the lagoon state,

Even the lagosians can't develop their own state
grin grin grin
What a shame
I have never seen any sw build or get serious business in any other part of the country
SE dey even help Dem,
If u like blast me,
I be confirm Edo man,75% here knows I'm saying the truth

I'm also from Edo state but I disagree with you on some things. About Igbos developing Lagos, you're far from reality. Igbo people are business oriented but that doesn't mean they develop a place. Igbos can be found almost everywhere on the globe but can you say they developed china, south Africa or some other places cos you see them there? look my brother, I know you didn't like the outcome of the last election. I didn't like it as well but Lagos is miles ahead of the rest. If you're blasting Yoruba people, you are indirectly blasting yourself as well because Edo people and Yorubas share the same ancestry and DNA. the language just differs. We are actually the real Lagos people. yes you can look at history. I actually thought this agberos were terrible until I got to Anambra state. the ones there are on another level. more brutal sef. in most major cities in the world, you'll see foreigners more. it is normal. it is what makes the place a metropolitan area and a business hub. think about this: if Igbos are developing Lagos and fail to develop the East, is that not senseless?

8 Likes

Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by Offpoint1: 8:54pm On Nov 27, 2023
Zonefree:
Fake news.

Lagos in SW got the best road network in the world.

Source;
NBS.
There's different between "Road Network" and "Road Traffic"

Use your sense

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

View Of Carter Bridge Lagos In 1963 / The New & Yet-to-be Used Ikeja Bus Terminal Is Being Reconstructed (PHOTOS) / Akeredolu Launches New Mass Transit Buses In Ondo (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.