Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) (33949 Views)

Warri-Bayelsa-PortHarcourt Link Road: The Worst Road In South-South Nigeria / Current State Of Port-Harcourt Road In Aba - Worst Road In SE / Which Nigerian City Can Road Traffic Be As Discipline As This? (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by Jkilo: 3:19am On Nov 28, 2023
Zonefree:
Fake news.

Lagos in SW got the best road network in the world.

Source;
NBS.
This is why you fail exams. If not that Abacha stole the money meant for your education, you would have known that there's difference between road network and road traffic. Don't always be in haste to show your mediocrity.
Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by bdon123(m): 3:28am On Nov 28, 2023
Lagos seems congested becos there is no good metro n rail service.take care of that n see lagos traffic fall.m happy they already heading to that direction becos i luv flexing lekki bt cant stand d traffic.
Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by zelnababa(m): 5:03am On Nov 28, 2023
Dem say traffic some ppl re saying rubbish, if traffic no dey Lagos the city that every tom and Jerry dey rush too for better living, the city everyone wanted to buy car, shey na ur village wey no get one factory traffic go dey?
Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by Abufo: 5:13am On Nov 28, 2023
flokii:
It's the docility of Yorubas that is making Lagos rot away in terms of infrastructure while we keep rejoicing over nothing... When are we going to check influx of Igbos into Lagos and other parts of Yorubaland?
What are they looking for in South West that they can't stay back and develop their own region??.

These are pertinent questions people are shying away from.. If I am Governor, I'll round them all up and dump them on Onitsha head bridge. Fashola did it, we need people that will checkmate their mass migration into Yorubaland.

what are you looking in the east...if not oil! divide the zoo please
Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by Abufo: 5:15am On Nov 28, 2023
Qatar2022:

Yet idiot from Lagos is fighting for other state not to have airport and seaport

you dey mind dem! all they know how to do is take and take some more!
Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by fx45(m): 5:37am On Nov 28, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:

Fvck Global Traffic Congestion Rankings

Fvck Israel is better. Don't lose focus my friend
Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by tollyboy5(m): 5:39am On Nov 28, 2023
Risingblue008:
Thank God say no be me talk am
grin grin grin

I'll keep saying it
This Lagos na overrated state,
I prefer akwa ibom or Calabar to Lagos the lagoon state,

Even the lagosians can't develop their own state
grin grin grin
What a shame
I have never seen any sw build or get serious business in any other part of the country
SE dey even help Dem,
If u like blast me,
I be confirm Edo man,75% here knows I'm saying the truth
Oya leave lagos for lagosian make traffic reduce. abbobi still say No!
Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by Bluntemperor: 5:49am On Nov 28, 2023
reiddecuti:
Our dearest Lagos. That's the result of monopoly of economy practice in our dearest country.
Diversify the economy they said no. The want to teach the igbos Igbos a lesson.

Nonsense talk!
So,this one still de sleep and want Lagos,after Una colluded with the North - to create Abuja,so why una still de talk about Lagos,abi- Una don't miss road, because Abuja no de produce anything but de spend the Nigeria Money,abi?
Sebi,una say Lagos too congested,Lagos no roads,Lagos na Yoruba Land,take away the Capital from them,let's create Abuja( where Gumi and co.will teach you Herdsmen ways),so who now owns Abuja? Because Una Mumu, never do,now una don played into Northern tricks - so why this man de complaint na?
When the evil genius' IBB' ran away from Lagos, during June 12,1993,he thought Abuja was saved,then the People continued their agitations,he ran and put a notorious clause in the paper ' the most senior' to rule, producing Abacha,the same Abacha( OLE) that -Stole Nigeria blind-till date, Money Corruptly Stolen- is still being returned by the White People to Nigeria! Shame!
-Shame on those that think - Lagos will go down because the Capital moved to Abuja! The Economic Power remains here.
- Lagos is our Lagos!
- Lagos the Centre of Excellence
- Lagos,the Easiest place to get to other Countries like Europe,America,etc- by Lagoon or by Air!
- Lagos Lagoon,Lagos Sea-the best in Logistics Services and ALL Businesses!
All the White Men loves Lagos.
You don't know Nigeria, until you come to live and learn in Lagos!
-A New Lagos is here:
• New Airport
• New SeaPort.
• New Business Hubs and Economic and Production Centres.
• New Economic Development Growth and Plans•
• New Roads Inter- Changes.
• New InterCity- Railways.
God bless Lagos State and all the People therein!
You are welcome to Lagos.
Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by Reference(m): 5:56am On Nov 28, 2023
The principal reason why I fled with a degree of finality all of 20 years ago.
How can I awake by 4 am and return home by 9 pm everyday.... for what.
Today, my commute is as sure and short the best google maps have to offer, the legendary '5 mins' with the symbol of an automobile.

Did some tourism to the place about 4 years ago and nothing, absolutely nothing had changed despite all the talk of great governance.
Well, perhaps it could have been worse, much worse.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by johnjose68: 6:33am On Nov 28, 2023
Odewaleadesoye:
Lagos State has been ranked as the city with the worst road traffic in the world.

This is according to Global Traffic Congestion Rankings 2023 by Traffic Index.

Latvian city, Riga, came second on the list, followed by Tehran, the capital and largest city of Iran.

In fourth place is Mexico City in Mexico, with Indian city Mumbai in fifth while Krakow in Poland occupied the sixth spot.

Here is a list of top 10 cities with the worst road traffic in the world.

DAILY POST

Blame all those Galla-selling mofos, always jumping into the road, causing hold-ups grin
Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by tegrianonigltd(m): 6:37am On Nov 28, 2023
dominique:
Lagos is too heavily popular not to have heavy traffic jams. That's why we're praying for development and industrialisation in other states so Lagos can be decongested. NewYork city should be on the list IMO

Worst road traffic, use chatgpt if you no understand, so you can know why New York, Shanghai and Beijing no Dey
Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by Karufi: 7:01am On Nov 28, 2023
This is the old picture
Odewaleadesoye:
Lagos State has been ranked as the city with the worst road traffic in the world.

This is according to Global Traffic Congestion Rankings 2023 by Traffic Index.

Latvian city, Riga, came second on the list, followed by Tehran, the capital and largest city of Iran.

In fourth place is Mexico City in Mexico, with Indian city Mumbai in fifth while Krakow in Poland occupied the sixth spot.

Here is a list of top 10 cities with the worst road traffic in the world.

DAILY POST
Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by pacespot(m): 7:09am On Nov 28, 2023
grin Lagos that Tinubu built. And Lagos is nowhere near the most populous city in the world o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by ariesbull: 7:35am On Nov 28, 2023
Bobloco:
The truth is that Tinubu is the reason lagos state always come tops in every bad indices

Lagos is the second most unlivable city in the entire world

Lagos rated city with worst road traffic

Lagos state records abysmally low in other indices like Gross National Income per Capita, Life Expectancy, Human Development Index (HDI) Health Index, Educational Index, Income Index

He is now the president, under five months, over 180 million Nigerians have been pushed into multidimensional poverty

people from that side are bad managers....

Look at Lagos ! With all the advantages the state has look at where it is ....people stay in Lagos not that the state is fantastic it is just to make money out of the state

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by FireUpNow(m): 7:36am On Nov 28, 2023
Hior
Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by kay29000(m): 7:36am On Nov 28, 2023
dominique:
Lagos is too heavily popular not to have heavy traffic jams. That's why we're praying for development and industrialisation in other states so Lagos can be decongested. NewYork city should be on the list IMO

Exactly what I was thinking. Immediately I clicked on the post, I was scanning for New York.

By the way, what you said about decongesting lagos by developing neighbouring cities is very important.
Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by ariesbull: 7:37am On Nov 28, 2023
johnjose68:

Blame all those Galla-selling mofos, always jumping into the road, causing hold-ups grin
and also those Omo ale shouting owo da , owo mi da, owo ile, owo Union, owo toto ,owo whatever with their black toem faces wearing green and dirty white shorts they are the lowest of the low ....

They harrass bus owners in the day and rob passengers in the night

Let's blame also the stupid parents that gave birth to them instead of using gold circle
Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by ariesbull: 7:39am On Nov 28, 2023
dominique:

Mumbai
New York
Beijing
Tokyo
Rio De Jeniro

Are far far more populated than Lagos ...so stop giving flismy excuses for backwardness
Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by ariesbull: 7:44am On Nov 28, 2023
tollyboy5:

Oya leave lagos for lagosian make traffic reduce. abbobi still say No!

Mugu if people leaves Lagos Lagos will be deserted city ...let me break it down for your petty brain

If 1 million people spends 1000 naira daily in Lagos and this is 1 billion per day

If these 1 million people leave , job opportunity leave, skills leave, spending leaves , people selling will find it hard to sell and a billion leaves the Lagos economy !

Now imagine if 2 million people leaves Lagos and these two million spends 2,000 daily which is 4 billion !

If people keep leaving Lagos ! Lagos will be desolate and the economy will crumble companies will fold up, they will not see competent staff to hire, they will not see market to sell their products etc

It's simple economics

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by Anytask01: 7:45am On Nov 28, 2023
Alliswell248:

You are too empty upstairs....
Inferiority complex and igbo are 5 and 6.
The other day u kinsmen were crying that their houses were demolished...
Is it only alaigbo miscreants that are in Lagos....ur mumu and inferiority complex no get part 2.

Nobody is begging Ipob miscreants to stay in Lagos.
Go back to your region.....sit at home people.
May your hatred for Igbos consume you.
Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by Kingsean(m): 7:49am On Nov 28, 2023
igwebuike01:
See ewedu oozing out from your comments.

the truth is a bitter pill to swallow. I'm not surprised
Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by johnjose68: 8:07am On Nov 28, 2023
ariesbull:

Mugu if people leaves Lagos Lagos will be deserted city ...let me break it down for your petty brain

If 1 million people spends 1000 naira daily in Lagos and this is 1 billion per day

If these 1 million people leave , job opportunity leave, skills leave, spending leaves , people selling will find it hard to sell and a billion leaves the Lagos economy !

Now imagine if 2 million people leaves Lagos and these two million spends 2,000 daily which is 4 billion !

If people keep leaving Lagos ! Lagos will be desolate and the economy will crumble companies will fold up, they will not see competent staff to hire, they will not see market to sell their products etc

It's simple economics

Leave first. Let's check something grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by nairalanda1(m): 8:08am On Nov 28, 2023
Yep,that's why the rail project should be a priority plus fourth mainland bridge
Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by kay29000(m): 8:11am On Nov 28, 2023
Judolisco:
Seriously as someone who has stayed in Abuja... Lagos people are really suffering... I went to lag last week stayed there for 3 days and I couldn't take it.... Beautiful city but 2 many people and d noise was something else.... I was goin to d island and my friend told me that if I'm not out by 5pm that I'll be late.... Ino fit abeg

I grew up in lagos, but I moved to Ibadan 7 years ago because of the congestion/over population in lagos... It makes moving around a nightmare. I'm around for a few weeks, and yesterday, I spent like 3 hours on a journey that normally takes me 30 minutes on Sundays. It's crazy.
Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by kay29000(m): 8:15am On Nov 28, 2023
CommonSense1967:
A big part of the reason is that Nigerians are so impatient. But they rather blame everything on govt.
The traffic in Atlanta is also bad, but it will be worse if the drivers in Atlanta act like the drivers in Nigeria.
I just got back to Naija today; while driving, I allowed someone to make a left turn. The next thing I realized was that all the people turning left refused to allow me to go. I eventually blame myself for trying to be nice.
In Atlanta and most parts of the world, people will take turns to go one by one but not in Nigeria.

This is another factor... Lagosians drive in crazy manner. And the public transport drivers don't make things any better the way they stop at any point to pick passengers, practically stopping in the middle of the road to pick passengers sometimes. They also most times park on the road, taking up one lane... All these things can be worked on to make the traffic conditions at least a little better.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by Judolisco(m): 8:16am On Nov 28, 2023
kay29000:

I grew up in lagos, but I moved to Ibadan 7 years ago because of the congestion/over population in lagos... It makes moving around a nightmare. I'm around for a few weeks, and yesterday, I spent like 3 hours on a journey that normally takes me 30 minutes on Sundays. It's crazy.
iswr even d heat and noise is something else.... Everybody was jst screaming... I was like omo...

1 Like

Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by kay29000(m): 8:19am On Nov 28, 2023
Judolisco:
iswr even d heat and noise is something else.... Everybody was jst screaming... I was like omo...

Lol
Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by kay29000(m): 8:25am On Nov 28, 2023
adecz:

Problem is that Lagos State is the
smallest state by size but the largest
population & population density❗️❗️

Very true. Lagos is a concrete jungle... Every corner is highly populated... Go to Iyana Ipaja, see sea of people, go to Oshodi, people like water... Same with Mile 2, Mile 12, Ikorodu, Ikotun, Berger, Bariga, Makoko, Agege, Ijegun, Iyana Iba, Obalende, Ajah, etc... Everywhere is chocked up, and more people are moving into lagos every freaking day.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by Chiefpriestt: 8:35am On Nov 28, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:

Zombie e pain you well well grin grin
Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by Alaigbo(m): 8:45am On Nov 28, 2023
So long Igbo hatred for others consume whoever start the hatred btw the two.

Anytask01:

May your hatred for Igbos consume you.
Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by adecz: 8:50am On Nov 28, 2023
kay29000:

Very true. Lagos is a concrete jungle... Every corner is highly populated... Go to Iyana Ipaja, see sea of people, go to Oshodi, people like water... Same with Mile 2, Mile 12, Ikorodu, Ikotun, Berger, Bariga, Makoko, Agege, Ijegun, Iyana Iba, Obalende, Ajah, etc... Everywhere is chocked up, and more people are moving into lagos every freaking day.

And fake political statistics will want
to tell you that Kano has more population.
Re: Lagos Rated City With Worst Road Traffic In The World (See Top 10) by nairalanda1(m): 9:03am On Nov 28, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:

Back in the 1970's and 80's people called New York city a godawful city.

Even here in Nigeria, we used to hear jokes that if you parked your car in some parts of NY, the tires would be missing by the time you got back.

In the 1990's the city government, led by Giulliani, cleaned up the city. The work was continued by Bloomberg.

Today, people want to live in NY.

Better take this negative news as a challenge for your local APC government to do better. In fairness, tinubu started something, Fashola improved on it. Sadly, things haven't gone well since.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

View Of Carter Bridge Lagos In 1963 / The New & Yet-to-be Used Ikeja Bus Terminal Is Being Reconstructed (PHOTOS) / Akeredolu Launches New Mass Transit Buses In Ondo (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.