Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,288 members, 7,815,494 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

Addressing The Myth That The Oba Of Benin Does Not Leave His Palace Or Travel - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Addressing The Myth That The Oba Of Benin Does Not Leave His Palace Or Travel (26343 Views)

Desmond Elliot Apologises For Addressing The Youths As Children / Dethroned Emir Sanusi's Emotional Farewell At His Palace Balcony (Photos, Video) / Did The Oba Of Lagos "Leave His Throne For Buhari" Yesterday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Addressing The Myth That The Oba Of Benin Does Not Leave His Palace Or Travel by ValarDoharis: 7:04am On Nov 28, 2023
There is a video online that shows he actually said it.
FreeStuffsNG:
Tell one lie and you will need many lies to cover it. At no point in time did anyone deny it until now that they have been proven and exposed to be lying. Smh. Other lies will be exposed in due course.

The wise word of Oonirisa has come to pass.
He said that they will come back to Yorubaland one day to hear their own history and receive tutorials on Yoruba history. It came to pass in Lagos on Sunday.

The lesson: Pride will goeth before a fall. Now, Yoruba don't care and have moved on.

Below screenshots are just for the record before it is revised someday. God bless Nigeria for ever. Check my signature for free stuffs!

Re: Addressing The Myth That The Oba Of Benin Does Not Leave His Palace Or Travel by FiraO9: 7:06am On Nov 28, 2023
Iamgrey5:
The proof that Benin was defeated in 24hours by Biafra forces

My guy hope all you know of history isn't the propaganda fed to you by your king of the four Local government area in Benin. cheesy

This history i am teaching you is not even up to 40 years oh grin
And it is currently owned by Igbos right? Conehead, why can't you provide proof of them raping your mothers and sisters?

Awon propaganda tribe.

3 Likes

Re: Addressing The Myth That The Oba Of Benin Does Not Leave His Palace Or Travel by KingOfAllIgbos: 7:06am On Nov 28, 2023
FiraO9:
I'm a bonafide Edo dude, I don't know the reason you cowards are bringing Igbos into this.

You're the coward denying your igbo identity.

You acted just as I predicted. Snap a picture now, I can bet you're wearing a skirt in fear grin cheesy

Iamgrey5. No be Edo guy. Don't mind him. I have flattened his flat skull plenty times here.

Hence the denial of his own identity cheesy

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Addressing The Myth That The Oba Of Benin Does Not Leave His Palace Or Travel by Iamgrey5(m): 7:08am On Nov 28, 2023
KingOfAllIgbos:

You acted just as I predicted. Snap a picture now, I can bet you're wearing a skirt in fear grin cheesy

Iamgey5. No be Edo guy. Don't mind him. I have flattened his flat skull plenty times here.

Ok bro, let me leave him then.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Addressing The Myth That The Oba Of Benin Does Not Leave His Palace Or Travel by Nobody: 7:08am On Nov 28, 2023
Imagine this nobody giving a warning to a deity(greater than everything from his tribe) to watch his utterance.

Are you folks this daft, who do Yorubas like this? He will say whatever he feels like in your enclaved territory and nothing you rodents, puppets, pigs and ass-lickers would do about it. You 🤡's will only rant and wail all over NL, SM's and nothing else.

Hereditary cowards!

[/quote][img][/img][img][/img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/17908628_download5_jpeg_jpeg2426f34158189a36cc05d068ad2109ba

You're a waste of air.
Re: Addressing The Myth That The Oba Of Benin Does Not Leave His Palace Or Travel by FiraO9: 7:08am On Nov 28, 2023
adamusuleiman1:

The Ijaws are higher in population than the Benin. A bigger tribe.
How does it correlates with the thread? you hereditary coward's and running away from fact.

Ozóurs.

1 Like

Re: Addressing The Myth That The Oba Of Benin Does Not Leave His Palace Or Travel by jonadaft: 7:10am On Nov 28, 2023
Bahamas95:
I don't just know why, whenever I see that picture of Oba bowing to that woman I get angry.
That ọba na mumu
God forbid I'll even bow to any lady besides my mother.

1 Like

Re: Addressing The Myth That The Oba Of Benin Does Not Leave His Palace Or Travel by FiraO9: 7:10am On Nov 28, 2023
KingOfAllIgbos:

Iamgrey5. No be Edo guy. Don't mind him. I have flattened his flat skull plenty times here.

Okay, just wallow in your wishful imaginations.

2 Likes

Re: Addressing The Myth That The Oba Of Benin Does Not Leave His Palace Or Travel by KingOfAllIgbos: 7:17am On Nov 28, 2023
FiraO9:

Okay, just wallow in your wishful imaginations.

You and I know you are wearing a skirt and hiding under the bed.

You just left your hiding place on Tuesday morning to bark at your colonial masters after the British. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Addressing The Myth That The Oba Of Benin Does Not Leave His Palace Or Travel by Abagworo(m): 7:17am On Nov 28, 2023
Nothing good about monarchy except if it's just honorary. I see monarchy as ancient culture just kept for the sake of cultural preservation already overtaken by modernity. It's just like staying stuck in mud house

2 Likes

Re: Addressing The Myth That The Oba Of Benin Does Not Leave His Palace Or Travel by TheSuperX(m): 7:20am On Nov 28, 2023
Seen
Re: Addressing The Myth That The Oba Of Benin Does Not Leave His Palace Or Travel by Nobody: 7:23am On Nov 28, 2023

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Addressing The Myth That The Oba Of Benin Does Not Leave His Palace Or Travel by Tonytonex(m): 7:26am On Nov 28, 2023
Bahamas95:
I don't just know why, whenever I see that picture of Oba bowing to that woman I get angry.
I been think say na woman oh. The dressing...
Re: Addressing The Myth That The Oba Of Benin Does Not Leave His Palace Or Travel by KingOfAllIgbos: 7:27am On Nov 28, 2023
Iamgrey5:
Ok bro, let me leave him then.

FiraO9's Igbo. He just left under the bed after Monday lockdown. grin

His intention is to derail the thread and make Yorubas & Bini insult each other.

Yes Edo folks and SW might differ in political ideology but all those herdsmen rape talk are things even a bastard Edo boy wouldn't say. That's straight from play book of an Igbo coward. grin grin

Only a bastard, a weakling and a coward would deny his identity.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Addressing The Myth That The Oba Of Benin Does Not Leave His Palace Or Travel by mcdokwe(m): 7:28am On Nov 28, 2023
naptu2:
I heard a similar myth about the Sultan of Sokoto in the early 1980s.

Sir Siddiq Abubakar III was Sultan of Sokoto from 1938 till 1988. He was old and ill by the early 1980s. He almost never left his palace. In fact, when people came to visit him, he would whisper what he wanted to say to a man that stood near his throne, then the man would tell the guest what the Sultan said.

Sir Siddiq joined his ancestors in 1988 and President Babangida installed his friend, Alhaji Ibrahim Dasuki as Sultan. This annoyed the people of Sokoto, who wanted the late Sultan's son to succeed him. There were very serious riots in Sokoto at the time.

General Abacha removed Dasuki and made Sir Siddiq's son, Alhaji Muhammadu Maccido, the Sultan and this pleased the people of Sokoto.

Alhaji Muhammadu Maccido travelled regularly. In fact, he was coming back from a National Council on Education meeting in Abuja when his plane crashed and he died. His brother, Alhaji Sa'ad Abubakar became the Sultan.

Alhaji Sa'ad Abubakar, like his brother, also leaves the Palace and travels regularly.

I am sure that Sir Siddiq also travelled regularly when he was younger.

The fact is that traditional rulers don't travel often and there are times when some traditional rulers need to be in seclusion, but that does not mean that they do not leave their palace or travel at all.

Abacha didn't remove Dasuki Sha, Dasuki was instead removed after the death of Abacha... That I am very aware of, even as a kid in Sokoto then. I can remember vividly the jubilation that followed.
Re: Addressing The Myth That The Oba Of Benin Does Not Leave His Palace Or Travel by vikstandon(m): 7:28am On Nov 28, 2023
naptu2:
The first picture below shows Oba Akenzua in the UK.

The second picture shows Oba Akenzua receiving Queen Elizabeth II at Benin Airport. Queen Elizabeth II went on a tour of Nigeria in 1956 and she visited Lagos, Ibadan, Abeokuta, Benin, Port Harcourt, Warri, Enugu, Kano, Kaduna and Jos and she met traditional rulers in each of these cities.

How humiliating it was for Oba Akenzua to bow greeting the Queen, and to lean and shake the young boy, who stood erect while pocketing his hands.

Let their subordinate and followers do same, they will feel irate like a turbulent water.

Local champion, who look like a slave beyond Nigerian borders!

1 Like

Re: Addressing The Myth That The Oba Of Benin Does Not Leave His Palace Or Travel by richeeyo(m): 7:29am On Nov 28, 2023
aljharem:

Since the election I no longer consider binis. A lot of them no get sense
Na over Sabi they worry them

2 Likes

Re: Addressing The Myth That The Oba Of Benin Does Not Leave His Palace Or Travel by naptu2: 7:31am On Nov 28, 2023
mcdokwe:

Abacha didn't remove Dasuki Sha, Dasuki was instead removed after the death of Abacha... That I am very aware of, even as a kid in Sokoto then. I can remember vividly the jubilation that followed.

Completely and totally wrong

I was not a child when Dasuki was removed in 1996.

Who was head of state of Nigeria in 1996?

When did Abacha die?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Addressing The Myth That The Oba Of Benin Does Not Leave His Palace Or Travel by zoghys: 7:33am On Nov 28, 2023
Bahamas95:

That woman was the queen of England, late queen Elizabeth, and our colonial leader as at that time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Addressing The Myth That The Oba Of Benin Does Not Leave His Palace Or Travel by Vinnie2000(m): 7:33am On Nov 28, 2023
KingOfAllIgbos:

Don't mind FiraO9.

Na definite Igbo boy. Cowardly claiming Edo.

Na lie grin

Somebody says he is a Bini Boy and his Defending his tribe.

But you wants to Force him to become an Igbo?🤦🤦

The IgboHate you Folks harbour in your Hearts will NOT Make you see Progress in your Lives.😒😔

Be KiaFul. 😏😏

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Addressing The Myth That The Oba Of Benin Does Not Leave His Palace Or Travel by mcdokwe(m): 7:35am On Nov 28, 2023
naptu2:

Completely and totally wrong

I was not a child when Dasuki was removed in 1996.

Who was head of state of Nigeria in 1996?

When did Abacha die?
Well, I could be wrong
Re: Addressing The Myth That The Oba Of Benin Does Not Leave His Palace Or Travel by Nobody: 7:36am On Nov 28, 2023
FiraO9:
I'm a bonafide Edo dude, I don't know the reason you cowards are bringing Igbos into this.

That's because you're a bonafide Edo fool who doesn't know his history, where he's coming from and where he's going.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Addressing The Myth That The Oba Of Benin Does Not Leave His Palace Or Travel by naptu2: 7:37am On Nov 28, 2023
mcdokwe:

Well, I could be wrong

Dasuki was Sultan of Sokoto from 1988 till 1996.

Abacha was head of state of Nigeria from 1993 till 1998.

You can look it up.
Re: Addressing The Myth That The Oba Of Benin Does Not Leave His Palace Or Travel by FiraO9: 7:39am On Nov 28, 2023
perseverance101:

That's because you're a bonafide Edo fool who doesn't know his history, where he's coming from, and where he's going.
Your biological father, as in your paternal father is the gigantic fool here who brought a cunt like you to the World.

So you are the propaganda merchant who will tell me I don't know history about my tribe? Where do you all get this audacity from?

5 Likes

Re: Addressing The Myth That The Oba Of Benin Does Not Leave His Palace Or Travel by tfelicityk(m): 7:40am On Nov 28, 2023
People just want to manipulate others with their concocted storyline.
Re: Addressing The Myth That The Oba Of Benin Does Not Leave His Palace Or Travel by Jd10k(m): 7:41am On Nov 28, 2023
Akwamkpuruamu:
Oba of Benin dey travel but not as anyhow as Ooni of Ife wey no de use eyes see anything in skirt
Na wetin make Oba of Benin Marry two Biological Sister?
Re: Addressing The Myth That The Oba Of Benin Does Not Leave His Palace Or Travel by equity1(m): 7:42am On Nov 28, 2023
Iamgrey5:
The Bini kingdom that Biafra captured within 24hours and raided the central bank.

We might have had Eze of Benin today if not for Benjamin Adekunle in Ore and some brave ijaw soldiers who fought Biafra from within cheesy
leave Igbos out of this . I know you are not an Igbo person, You just want drag igbos into this trend to enable you insult them with your another user name.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Addressing The Myth That The Oba Of Benin Does Not Leave His Palace Or Travel by MICHEALADEX(m): 7:43am On Nov 28, 2023
Iamgrey5:
The Oba of Bini should watch his utterance next time he is invited into the territory of the Yorubas.

You're a small boy

1 Like

Re: Addressing The Myth That The Oba Of Benin Does Not Leave His Palace Or Travel by Sleekfingers: 7:45am On Nov 28, 2023
Bahamas95:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
He bowed to his master.....

1 Like

Re: Addressing The Myth That The Oba Of Benin Does Not Leave His Palace Or Travel by NaMe4: 7:46am On Nov 28, 2023
Iamgrey5:
My Ancestors were the greatest amongst the Yoruba people and raided slaves in Benin kingdom in late 18 centuries.

Incase you don't know this history, you can ask your Bini people.

Oba should limit his talks to Edo state where is overall imperial power is constantly questioned by ijaws.

Even if you guys want to continue with the stupidity started yesterday, don't deteriorate to the point of expressing imaginations.

Do you realise in Benin, there are communities and quarters that were handed over to former slaves after the abolishment of slave trade, and a number of these communities were mainly Yorubas who are now Binis? I'm sure you've never heard any Edo mention this, because we believe in dignity and respect of others.
You can inquire from any knowledgeable Yoruba who lives in or has a good knowledge of Edo. They go tell you.

Do you know Yorubas made up the 2nd largest (some data even argue the highest) number of slaves who emerged from 'Nigeria'?

Desist from writing fables or matters you know nothing about.

5 Likes

Re: Addressing The Myth That The Oba Of Benin Does Not Leave His Palace Or Travel by VEHINTOLAR: 7:47am On Nov 28, 2023
Iamgrey5:
The Bini kingdom that Biafra captured within 24hours and raided the central bank.

We might have had Eze of Benin today if not for Benjamin Adekunle in Ore and some brave ijaw soldiers who fought Biafra from within cheesy

You're right,but it was actually Col Ilufemiloye Lt Col Raphael Iluyomade, another brave Yoruba Army officer and a fierce fighter,who confronted the Biafran Army in a fierce battle with less than 200 men,mostly Yoruba soldiers drawn from 2nd mechanized division, Ibadan - see the battle of Ore.

It was actually the Yoruba army officers who almost singlehandedly won the war for Nigeria,the likes of Benjamin Adekunle, Taiwo Ilufemiloye Raphael Iluyomade,Alabi Isama,Alani Akinrinade ,Olusegun Obasanjo,etc. Yoruba won the war for Nigeria but it was the Fulani that took the glory for it !

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Largest-Ever Container Vessel To Visit Nigeria Berths At Lekki Port / Nigeria Must Restructure — Bola Tinubu / Nnamdi Kanu Vows To Shutdown Ebonyi State For Three Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.