Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,363 members, 7,836,472 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

Addressing The Myth That The Oba Of Benin Does Not Leave His Palace Or Travel - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Addressing The Myth That The Oba Of Benin Does Not Leave His Palace Or Travel (26513 Views)

Desmond Elliot Apologises For Addressing The Youths As Children / Dethroned Emir Sanusi's Emotional Farewell At His Palace Balcony (Photos, Video) / Did The Oba Of Lagos "Leave His Throne For Buhari" Yesterday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Addressing The Myth That The Oba Of Benin Does Not Leave His Palace Or Travel by nisai: 1:30pm On Nov 29, 2023
aljharem:

Since the election I no longer consider binis. A lot of them no get sense
grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Addressing The Myth That The Oba Of Benin Does Not Leave His Palace Or Travel by adecz: 1:27pm On Nov 30, 2023
naptu2:

At last you asked a question. Now I can educate you. Go and find out about Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon.

I have made a screenshot of your original post so that you can't change it.

A Queen consort is not the same as
a queen sovereign. She not a ruler, but
just has the ceremonial title strictly as an
accident of marriage to a ruling king. So,
you should stop equating her with the
status of queen Lizzy, her daughter.

Know this & have
peace.
Re: Addressing The Myth That The Oba Of Benin Does Not Leave His Palace Or Travel by naptu2: 1:37pm On Nov 30, 2023
adecz:

A Queen consort is not the same as
a queen sovereign. She not a ruler, but
just has the ceremonial title strictly as an
accident of marriage to a ruling king. So,
you should stop equating her with the
status of queen Lizzy, her daughter.

Know this & have
peace.

That is the exact reason I made a screenshot of your post.

I know what a Queen regnant (I have taught you a new word smiley ) and a Queen consort is, but there was absolutely no mention of the words regnant or consort (neither did anybody equate anybody with anybody else). You wrote (and I quote)

"There was no queen in England in 1950".

You are completely wrong, there was.

I am happy that you've learnt something new today.

(I will not read or respond to any of your replies anymore, because the point is clear and has been made. There was a Queen in England in 1950 and you are wrong).

Goodbye.

Re: Addressing The Myth That The Oba Of Benin Does Not Leave His Palace Or Travel by aljharem(m): 2:41pm On Dec 01, 2023
nisai:
grin grin

It is obvious now.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ibrahim Idris & Ayiri Emami In Warri Communities To Promote Peace(Pics) / Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe In Court With A Book Titled 'Dirty Politics' / Police Arrest Daniel Ojukwu (FIJ Reporter)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.