Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,754 members, 7,817,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

Addressing The Myth That The Oba Of Benin Does Not Leave His Palace Or Travel - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Addressing The Myth That The Oba Of Benin Does Not Leave His Palace Or Travel (26362 Views)

Desmond Elliot Apologises For Addressing The Youths As Children / Dethroned Emir Sanusi's Emotional Farewell At His Palace Balcony (Photos, Video) / Did The Oba Of Lagos "Leave His Throne For Buhari" Yesterday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Addressing The Myth That The Oba Of Benin Does Not Leave His Palace Or Travel by Dancebreaker: 10:55am On Nov 28, 2023
BabaHenry:

I can't blame most of this people hating on each other here, the hate was actually passed from generation to generation and it keeps getting stronger day by day....
We were also brought up with the same mindset but we chose not to follow the path of destruction that these people follows...

Let me tell you a little story Sir...

About 18years ago, I was in a commercial Bus going to Ibadan from Osun state. ..
There was this two Igbo men sitting at the back of the Bus and I was sitting at the middle... Honestly speaking would you believe that despite the fact that these guys works and live among the Yorubas, all their conversation till we got to the destination was all about their hate for those people, how they can never allow their daughters to marry from from them and their son likewise...
My heart was trouble and I wept within, how exactly did we get to this point and one thing I want you to know is that the only thing making the hate stronger is Politics as we stand now...

Those two grown up men, how do you want them to relate with their kids on issues that concerns the Yorubas ?
And the same thing goes for any Yoruba man with the same mindset as those Igbo men...

Most of us are being misled and I pray may God help us out of this mess!!

Dude, we are in trouble. Seeing the headline, I knew it would degenerate to a Benin-Yoruba fight.

Our system deliberately refused to teach history correctly.

My fear is that as Nigeria grows bigger, the fights will get worse and we will become ever more incompatible.

We have discussed that Oba travels but not anyhow.

Historically, Oba Orhogbua was with Portuguese in Eko and Ijebu-Ode. The Portuguese documented it well. They were also at the gate of Idah with Oba of Benin in the Benin-Idah War, 500 years ago.

Obas led warriors to War before later putting Iyase and Ezomo in charge.

How can an Oba/Emperor not travel to survey/visit territories?

But there are times of the year that Oba goes into seclusion and sees only few or nobody. Certainly no strangers such as period of atonement/fasting called Awe in Benin.

2 Likes

Re: Addressing The Myth That The Oba Of Benin Does Not Leave His Palace Or Travel by lordprogress: 10:57am On Nov 28, 2023
Reading the comments one cam infer that "tribalism dun finish us for this country"

1 Like

Re: Addressing The Myth That The Oba Of Benin Does Not Leave His Palace Or Travel by NaMe4: 11:15am On Nov 28, 2023
VEHINTOLAR:

Ego triggered gibberish ! Hypocrite,why are you trying to make this look like there was a war of conquest between Binis and Yoruba at any point in history and that the Binis won ?! The truth is that well over 85% of all Yoruba slaves were captured by same Yoruba soilders during the numerous intra Yoruba wars. These slaves were equally sold to wherever by same Yoruba slave merchants of those era. Have you heard of Efunsetan Aniwura,Iyalode Ilu Ibadan before ? You may need to research who Madam Efunsetan was to have an idea of what I'm talking about ! So,what nonsense idea are you even trying to sell here, what's that exactly ?

Look at who is subtly selling the idea of "Yoruba slaves in Benin",funny idiot from a tiny land ! Go and ask your elders at home, there were times in history when Binis were not even permitted to enter the palace of Oba of Benin because it was strictly a sacred Yoruba territory ! Ask them also,only if they will tell you the truth,if Yoruba language was not the official language spoken at the palace of Oba of Benin as at the time the Portuguese arrived in Benin ?!

Lol,Bini this,Bini that ! Who do you people even think you are ? You honestly believe it would have been any challenge for the battle hardened and tested Yoruba Army,ably led by the Ibadan warlords to overrun your tiny kingdom if they had been instructed to do by the Alaafin of Oyo ?! Even your Bini progenitors knew they had alot to thank Oranmiyan for because he was the primary reason why Yoruba Army never declared war and invaded any territory east of Yorubaland! Though some of us consider that decision a mistake given what's happening today !

Whether you Bini admit it or not,the fact is that Benin royalty is of Yoruba descents. It is not by accident that Yoruba culture and heritage is quite visible in Benin,especially at the palace of Oba. From all the deities being worshipped at the palace to the praise names and appellations of the Oba, everything is rooted in Yoruba ! Yoruba people influenced Bini culture but not other way round, it's a fact !

Go and read the Ijaws accounts regarding the history of ancient Benin,read it with free, unbiased mind. The Ijaws were ancient Binis next door neighbors and they stated clearly in their own accounts as thus; "the Binis are the aboriginal people of Benin but the royalty is of Yoruba descent" ! The Ijaws recorded it in their history of Benin that as thus ; an influencial Yoruba Prince from a foreign land (Ile Ife) arrived with a very large entourage of his Yoruba people in Benin and reigned over the city" ! This is not any imagination,you can research it for confirmation. So,you Bini can try as much as you can,the truth will always be the truth !

OBA OF BINI,HISTORICALLY,IS NOT A BINI MAN,HE IS A YORUBA MAN,this is the painful truth you Binis are desperately trying in vain to eraze !

Load of trash!

And if you need to engage anyone, to even sound or pretend to be intelligent, desist from childish insults.

Go and ask your elders about what I wrote in the earlier post before displaying senselessness here.

1 Like

Re: Addressing The Myth That The Oba Of Benin Does Not Leave His Palace Or Travel by BoogieBoogie: 11:17am On Nov 28, 2023
COPIED

The Oba of Lagos, Oba Rilwan Akiolu, has claimed that Lagos State is not part of Yoruba land.

Akiolu’s statement is coming barely a week after he publicly humiliated the Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi at an event.

In a statement from Akiolu’s palace, the monarch traced the historical background of the state and why it should not be regarded as part of Yoruba land.

The statement reads: “Coming from the palace, with what I was told by my late paternal grandmother who is a descendant of Oba Ovonramwen Nogbaisi and also reading from factual Historical books, let me share this Knowledge with you all on Eko/Lagos.

“Modern day Lagos was founded by Prince Ado, the son of the Oba of Benin, Prince Ado was the first Oba of Lagos, the son of the Bini King, Prince Ado, named the town Eko until the Portuguese explorer Ruy de Segueira changed the Maritime town to Lagos, which at that time from 1942 was Portuguese expedition center down the African Coast.

“It was a major centre of the slave trade until 1851. Lagos was annexed by Britain via the Lagos treaty of cession in 1861, ending the consular period and starting the British Colonial Period. The remainder of modern day Nigeria was seized in 1886 when the Colony and Protectorate of Nigeria was established in 1914 Lagos was declared its capital due to the struggle of the Bini King.

“Lagos experienced growth prior to the British Colonial rule and even more rapid growth during the Colonial rule throughout the 1960s, 70s, continued through the 80s and 90s till date. Thanks to the Awori’s, Bini’s, Yoruba’s, migrants across the nation and world at large, as no particular group of people can take the glory alone.

“Lagos is made up of Lagoons and creeks. The Lagos lagoon, Lagos Harbour, five cowne creeks, Ebute-Metta creeks, Porto-Novo creeks, New canal, Badagry creeks, Kuramo waters and Light house creeks.

“The Awori’s and Bini’s are known to be the first settlers of the Eko land. The Awori’s are speakers of a distinct dialect close to that of the Yoruba language with a rich Bini mixture. Traditionally, Awori’s were found in Ile-Ife, they were known to be the Bini’s who followed their self-exiled Prince, the first son of the Ogiso (now called Oba) of Benin Kingdom, whose step-mother was after his head.

“The exiled Benin Prince Izoduwa known to the Yorubas as Ooduwa (Oduduwa) was made ruler of the Ife people due to his powers and followers from the Great Benin-Kingdom.

“Izoduwa (Ooduwa) was made the first King of Ile-Ife in 1230 AD. His followers from his father’s Kingdom in Benin are the today’s Awori people who settled in Eko now called Lagos.

“In the 1300, the King of Benin-Empire heard from one of his traders who was a settler in Eko on how the Bini’s were treated by the Awori’s who lived in their area. Upon hearing this, the King of Benin commanded the assembling of a war expedition, led by his son, Prince Ado, which headed the settlement of the Awori’s and demanded explanation.

“On arriving Eko, Prince Ado and his Army were more than received. The Aworis asked the Bini Prince to stay and become their leader. Ado agreed on the condition that they surrender their sovereignty to the Oba of Benin, to which the people agreed. Hearing this, the King of Benin gave his permission for Prince Ado and the expedition to remain in Eko.

“The Oba of Benin sent some of his chiefs including the Eletu, Odibo, Obanikoro and others to assist his son, Oba Ado in the running of Eko.

“From the crowing of Prince Ado as the first Oba of Lagos (then called Eko), Lagos served as a major center for slave trade from which the Aworis, the Oba of Benin and his son the Oba of Lagos and all the children/descendants who took over as his successors for over four centuries supported the trade.

“The Oba of Benin was the head of the Benin Empire which are the present day Western, Southern and Eastern modern day Nigeria. The King never obliged anyone to speak the Bini language as he believed everyone was entitled to their own choice of language.

“The name Eko was given to it by the first king of Lagos, Oba Ado, the young and vibrant Prince from Benin. Eko was the land now known as Lagos Island, where the king palace was built.

“The palace is called Idugaran meaning “palace built on pepper farm” Oba Ado and the warriors from Benin together with the early Bini’s settlers in Eko and the Awori people settled in the southern part of Eko called “Isale Eko”. “Isale literally means bottom “. Must have been used to indicate downtown (as in down town Lagos)

“Until the coming in of the Benin’s 1300AD , Lagos geographical boundary was Lagos mainland, Lagos Island, the seat of the Oba of Lagos then consisted of a pepper farm and fishing post. No one was living there.

“About 1450 AD some Yorubas who hailed from Isheri in Ogun-state and Ekiti were allowed by the King to settle in Eko during a war, they came in a very large numbers thereby surpassing the numbers of the Awori’s and Bini’s. (Hence Yorubas claim to own Eko due to their numbers).

“Oba Ado fell in love with a beautiful woman whose father was Awori and mother a daughter to one of the chief; they had two sons and also a daughter Erelu Kuti, who begot Ologun Kutere who later became king".

FreeStuffsNG:
Tell one lie and you will need many other lies to cover it.

At no point in time did anyone, including the Oba of Benin, deny it until now that they have been proven and exposed to be lying. Smh. Other lies will be exposed in due course.

The wise words of Oonirisa has come to pass.
He said that they will come back to Yorubaland one day to hear their own history and receive tutorials on Yoruba history. It came to pass in Lagos on Sunday.

The lesson: Pride will goeth before a fall.

They came late. As it stands now, majority Yoruba don't care and have moved on. Edo no be Lagos o.

Below screenshots are just for the record before their historical significance are inaccurately revised by the minority Bini and rest of them someday.

1st Pix: Proof that the Oba of Lagos never said Lagos belong to Bini yet Oba of Benin said he said so.

2nd Pix: The Orun Oba Ado square in Ile Ife where heads of Obas of Benin are buried after their demise. The Bini are denying such fact.

3rd Pix : The current Oba of Benin, in red attire, sitting way behind the Oonirisa according to official protocol in order of Seniority.

God bless Nigeria for ever. Check my signature for free stuffs!

Re: Addressing The Myth That The Oba Of Benin Does Not Leave His Palace Or Travel by fregeneh(m): 11:31am On Nov 28, 2023
Bahamas95:
I don't just know why, whenever I see that picture of Oba bowing to that woman I get angry.
cool
Bahamas95:
I don't just know why, whenever I see that picture of Oba bowing to that woman I get angry.
Re: Addressing The Myth That The Oba Of Benin Does Not Leave His Palace Or Travel by erosimo(m): 11:47am On Nov 28, 2023
sitting arrangement of Nigeria traditional institution according to seniority

Re: Addressing The Myth That The Oba Of Benin Does Not Leave His Palace Or Travel by ablejesus26(m): 12:16pm On Nov 28, 2023
KingOfAllIgbos:

FiraO9's Igbo. He just left under the bed after Monday lockdown. grin

His intention is to derail the thread and make Yorubas & Bini insult each other.

Yes Edo folks and SW might differ in political ideology but all those herdsmen rape talk are things even a bastard Edo boy wouldn't say. That's straight from play book of an Igbo coward. grin grin

Only a bastard, a weakling and a coward would deny his identity.

Loll this one no get destiny again aside to shout,cry and wail Igbo aaaghh, Igbo yooo all the days of his life till him go die enter grave grin

You think its only Igbos who have bigotry against Yorubas😀 dey play

Have you met a Bini,or Idoma bigot before? Let them tell You what they think about Yoruba and see yourself throw up😀😀

There are senseless cursed tribally bigoted hatefilled animals in every tribe,just like you too grin grin
Re: Addressing The Myth That The Oba Of Benin Does Not Leave His Palace Or Travel by KingOfAllIgbos: 12:35pm On Nov 28, 2023
ablejesus26:

ableJesus26 to his useless homosexual father and his spermbank wh0re mother

Loll this one no get destiny again aside to shout,cry and wail Igbo aaaghh, Igbo yooo all the days of his life till him go die enter grave grin

You think its only Igbos who have bigotry against Yorubas😀 dey play

Have you met a Bini,or Idoma bigot before? Let them tell You what they think about Yoruba and see yourself throw up😀😀

There are senseless cursed tribally bigoted hatefilled animals in every tribe,just like you too grin grin

You sound really hungry and starved. I doubt if you have eaten for days.

Let me give you some leftover dog food.
Re: Addressing The Myth That The Oba Of Benin Does Not Leave His Palace Or Travel by ablejesus26(m): 12:42pm On Nov 28, 2023
KingOfAllIgbos:

You sound really hungry and starved. I doubt if you have eaten for days.

Let me give you some leftover dog food.

Hahaha coming from a lazy jobless tout whose destiny on earth is to cry and wail Igbo aaaghh, Igbo yooo all the days of his life till you go die enter grave grin grin

With this rubbish destiny wey your useless head carry come this life,e no possible for your future to be bright oo grin grin

Make I help you look for thread so you fit cry and wail Igbo aaaghh, Igbo yooo grin grin

Re: Addressing The Myth That The Oba Of Benin Does Not Leave His Palace Or Travel by KingOfAllIgbos: 12:53pm On Nov 28, 2023
ablejesus26:

ablejesus26 to his useless homosexual father and his spermbank wh0re mother:

Hahaha coming from a lazy jobless tout whose destiny on earth is to cry and wail Igbo aaaghh, Igbo yooo all the days of his life till you go die enter grave grin grin

With this rubbish destiny wey your useless head carry come this life,e no possible for your future to be bright oo grin grin

Make I help you look for thread so you fit cry and wail Igbo aaaghh, Igbo yooo grin grin

Have you tested for rabies recently ?

Even rabid dogs don't sound this pathetic grin

E pain am.

Re: Addressing The Myth That The Oba Of Benin Does Not Leave His Palace Or Travel by Lastmankc(m): 1:25pm On Nov 28, 2023
itsene:
Ethnic groups attack Benin for reasons best known to them..
From what I am reading people actually compile whatever negative situations they can use against Benin.
Yorubas, igbos and ijaws almost do a tag team assault on Benin whenever convenient.
Explaining a myth quickly became a parade of insults and derogatory remarks.
Don't ever drag Igbos into your insanity you small stone
Re: Addressing The Myth That The Oba Of Benin Does Not Leave His Palace Or Travel by ablejesus26(m): 2:12pm On Nov 28, 2023
KingOfAllIgbos:

Have you tested for rabies recently ?

Even rabid dogs don't sound this pathetic grin

E pain am.

Haha using laugh emojis can't even hide the pain in your tribally bigoted hatefilled soul grin

Others are destined to be something meaningful in life, your own destiny na to cry and wail Igbo aaaghh, Igbo yooo on nairaland all the days of your life till you go die enter grave😀😀 boy na useless hopeless destiny your eleda carry give you joo grin grin😀

Re: Addressing The Myth That The Oba Of Benin Does Not Leave His Palace Or Travel by killsmith(f): 2:21pm On Nov 28, 2023
Abagworo:
Nothing good about monarchy except if it's just honorary. I see monarchy as ancient culture just kept for the sake of cultural preservation already overtaken by modernity. It's just like staying stuck in mud house
Monarchy is backwardness. Worshipping a man born, eat, shit breathe and die like you. I can't believe people advocate for this rubbish in this modern quantum age.
Re: Addressing The Myth That The Oba Of Benin Does Not Leave His Palace Or Travel by killsmith(f): 2:24pm On Nov 28, 2023
NaMe4:

Even if you guys want to continue with the stupidity started yesterday, don't deteriorate to the point of expressing imaginations.

Do you realise in Benin, there are communities and quarters that were handed over to former slaves after the abolishment of slave trade, and a number of these communities were mainly Yorubas who are now Binis? I'm sure you've never heard any Edo mention this, because we believe in dignity and respect of others.
You can inquire from any knowledgeable Yoruba who lives in or has a good knowledge of Edo. They go tell you.

Do you know Yorubas made up the 2nd largest (some data even argue the highest) number of slaves who emerged from 'Nigeria'?

Desist from writing fables or matters you know nothing about.
During the 100 years kiriji wars the yorubas raided themselves. Egba vs ijebu, ife vs modakeke etc. They kidnapped and sold each other as slaves only to use the proceeds of the sales to purchase horses for their army.
Re: Addressing The Myth That The Oba Of Benin Does Not Leave His Palace Or Travel by KingOfAllIgbos: 2:38pm On Nov 28, 2023
ablejesus26:

Ablejesus26 to his useless homosexual father and his spermbank wh0re mother

Haha using laugh emojis can't even hide the pain in your tribally bigoted hatefilled soul grin

Others are destined to be something meaningful in life, your own destiny na to cry and wail Igbo aaaghh, Igbo yooo on nairaland all the days of your life till you go die enter grave😀😀 boy na useless hopeless destiny your eleda carry give you joo grin grin😀

Re: Addressing The Myth That The Oba Of Benin Does Not Leave His Palace Or Travel by aljharem(m): 2:57pm On Nov 28, 2023
Iamgrey5:
There is a dude quoting you on this thread that doesn't know you are actually a Bini decedant in Lagos island yourself. grin

You dey mind them
Re: Addressing The Myth That The Oba Of Benin Does Not Leave His Palace Or Travel by aljharem(m): 2:58pm On Nov 28, 2023
StJasper:

The most finish man in Benin Kingdom is still wiser and more intelligent than the wisest man from your village.

I don't know why you people don't just want to accept the fact that other people are entitled to their own political choice.

Must everyone lean towards your own political beliefs?

What happened to political pluralism?

That means binis are dumb because I am of bini ancestry in lagos island
Re: Addressing The Myth That The Oba Of Benin Does Not Leave His Palace Or Travel by aljharem(m): 3:00pm On Nov 28, 2023
Dennisochampa:
.... Oya go ring road for Benin go talk am... I Wan check something

You sef talk your nonsense for island
Re: Addressing The Myth That The Oba Of Benin Does Not Leave His Palace Or Travel by Shattuck(m): 3:32pm On Nov 28, 2023
aljharem:

Since the election I no longer consider binis. A lot of them no get sense
talking about your father. Because we didn't vote for druggie.
Re: Addressing The Myth That The Oba Of Benin Does Not Leave His Palace Or Travel by Dennisochampa: 3:34pm On Nov 28, 2023
aljharem:

You sef talk your nonsense for island
.... I no abuse Lagos people na.... Odeh.... Na u dey abuse the Benin people that's why I say go the center of the city go talk werin you talk so grin grin grin grin... I respect Lagos people that's why I no dey misyarn..... U wen get mouth... Go talk nonsense for the center of Benin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Addressing The Myth That The Oba Of Benin Does Not Leave His Palace Or Travel by aswani(m): 3:41pm On Nov 28, 2023
killsmith:

During the 100 years kiriji wars the yorubas raided themselves. Egba vs ijebu, ife vs modakeke etc. They kidnapped and sold each other as slaves only to use the proceeds of the sales to purchase horses for their army.

I no fit laugh, dis Igbo girl wey hate Yoruba die becos President Tinubu destroy Peter Obi for Presidential elections, Tribunal and Supreme court na she come dey recite Yoruba history. Chineke me!
Re: Addressing The Myth That The Oba Of Benin Does Not Leave His Palace Or Travel by aljharem(m): 4:22pm On Nov 28, 2023
Shattuck:
talking about your father. Because we didn't vote for druggie.

That is your problem. Some of your people came online dey misyarn for yoruba people. These are the same people that have respected your independence and customs. Una destroy bond and now Yorubas have had it. To hell with any Bini pesin. Go an join Ekpa people who don't have sense.
Re: Addressing The Myth That The Oba Of Benin Does Not Leave His Palace Or Travel by Shattuck(m): 4:41pm On Nov 28, 2023
aljharem:

That is your problem. Some of your people came online dey misyarn for yoruba people. These are the same people that have respected your independence and customs. Una destroy bond and now Yorubas have had it. To hell with any Bini pesin. Go an join Ekpa people who don't have sense.
destroy bond? because we refuse to join you in your stupid hate filled Ronu nonsense and your hate against the Igbos, because we chose not to vote for a man without morals and decency. To hell with you and your respect for our customs.
Re: Addressing The Myth That The Oba Of Benin Does Not Leave His Palace Or Travel by aljharem(m): 5:13pm On Nov 28, 2023
Shattuck:
destroy bond? because we refuse to join you in your stupid hate filled Ronu nonsense and your hate against the Igbos, because we chose not to vote for a man without morals and decency. To hell with you and your respect for our customs.

Your views, yorubas don't hate Igbos.

Thank God he is president. Go and hang yourself. I am of bini origin and I repeat people like you are foolish

1 Like

Re: Addressing The Myth That The Oba Of Benin Does Not Leave His Palace Or Travel by aljharem(m): 5:17pm On Nov 28, 2023
Una go learn the very bitter way !!!
Re: Addressing The Myth That The Oba Of Benin Does Not Leave His Palace Or Travel by Shattuck(m): 5:23pm On Nov 28, 2023
aljharem:

Your views, yorubas don't hate Igbos.

Thank God he is president. Go and hang yourself. I am of bini origin and I repeat people like you are foolish
obviously you are so foolish that you can barely recognize your own foolishness, a fool who claim you lost respect for an entire tribe because we refused to vote in tinubu, like how more stupid can one be, he is the president against our vote but yet it is your folks who are looting plantain 😂😂😂
Re: Addressing The Myth That The Oba Of Benin Does Not Leave His Palace Or Travel by Juniorangel(m): 5:26pm On Nov 28, 2023
Even if the Oba leaves his palace it's not what everyone should know. A lot of gbas gbos in this thread because some people don't know their History very well. It is time we bring back History classes to our schools. A lot of Gen Z here don't know their History, they only know just a portion of it.

1 Like

Re: Addressing The Myth That The Oba Of Benin Does Not Leave His Palace Or Travel by naptu2: 8:30pm On Nov 28, 2023
adecz:

There was no "queen" in England in
1950. ❎❎❎❎❎

Don't caption something you don't know.

You have decided to give queenhood to
a random woman on a London street .

WRONG!

How can you say that there was no queen in England in 1950? That is completely wrong

I am not referring to any woman on any street.

A little information is a dangerous thing.

I hope you will think again and understand and I don't have to spell out her name for you.
Re: Addressing The Myth That The Oba Of Benin Does Not Leave His Palace Or Travel by XAUBulls: 12:21am On Nov 29, 2023
naptu2:
In recent times a myth has circulated that the Oba of Benin does not leave his palace or travel. Similar myths have spread about other traditional rulers in the past. These stories are not true. I have been watching the news for several decades and I have seen each of these traditional rulers leave their palaces and travel many times.

Ọmọ n'Ọba n'Ẹdo Uku Akpọlọkpọlọ, Akenzua II reigned from 1933 – 1978. In 1950 the British Council invited him to the UK to study their system of local government. In the first picture below you can see him arriving the UK with his wife, Queen Idada (The Ohan of the Harem).

In the second picture below you can see him outside Buckingham Palace, where he met the Queen.

In the third picture you can see Oba Akenzua II at the wheel of a London bus, when he visited the London Transport Drivers' Training School at Chiswick, West London in 1950.

The fourth picture shows the Omo n’Oba boarding a train in the UK.
Re: Addressing The Myth That The Oba Of Benin Does Not Leave His Palace Or Travel by XAUBulls: 12:24am On Nov 29, 2023
naptu2:
Similarly, I saw Omo n'Oba n'Edo Uku Akpolokpolo Erediauwa I, who reigned from 1979 till 2016, leave his palace and travel many times.

Oba Erediauwa travelled to Ife not long after he was crowned in 1979. He went to thank the Ooni of Ife, Sir Adesoji Aderemi, for coming to his coronation (see first picture below). Sir Adesoji Aderemi, as a courtesy to his guest, allowed him to sit on the black leather chair (previously, only the Ooni sat on the chair).

Oba Erediauwa embarked on a thank you tour of Nigeria in 1982. He visited all the other 18 states to thank traditional rulers for coming to his coronation (Nigeria had 19 states back then). I remember watching his visits to the Emir of Kano and the Emir of Zaria on the news.

Didi Museum, the first private museum in Nigeria, was founded in Lagos in May 1983. It was founded by the engineer, explorer and art enthusiast, Dr Newton Jibunoh (in honour of his late sister). The museum was declared open by the Emir of Kano, Alhaji Ado Bayero and many traditional rulers, including the Oba of Benin, were present at the event. The second picture below shows Dr. Newton Jibunoh with then Emir of Kano, Alhaji Ado Bayero, Ooni of Ife, Oba Okunade Sijuade Olubuse II and Oba Of Benin, Oba Erediauwa.

The third picture shows the governor of Oyo State, Chief Bola Ige, with Oba Erediauwa and two other traditional rulers. Oba Erediauwa served as the Chancellor of the University of Ibadan and he often attended university activities.
impressive.
Re: Addressing The Myth That The Oba Of Benin Does Not Leave His Palace Or Travel by adecz: 8:03am On Nov 29, 2023
naptu2:

WRONG!

How can you say that there was no queen in England in 1950? That is completely wrong

I am not referring to any woman on any street.

A little information is a dangerous thing.

I hope you will think again and understand and I don't have to spell out her name for you.

Elizabeth became queen in 1952 when
her father died same year.

Now, tell us, who was queen of England
in 1950❓❓
Re: Addressing The Myth That The Oba Of Benin Does Not Leave His Palace Or Travel by naptu2: 8:14am On Nov 29, 2023
adecz:

Elizabeth became queen in 1952 when
her father died same year.

Now, tell us, who was queen of England
in 1950❓❓

At last you asked a question. Now I can educate you. Go and find out about Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon.

I have made a screenshot of your original post so that you can't change it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Saraki, Dogara Are Welcome Back To PDP — Bode George / Reno Omokri Reacts To Fashola's 'Electricity Problems Can’t Be Solved By Magic' / Joe Penney Deletes His False Tweets About Atiku Abubakar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.