Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,250 members, 7,825,978 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:38 AM

433 Foreign-Trained Doctors Fail MDCN Qualifying Exam - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 433 Foreign-Trained Doctors Fail MDCN Qualifying Exam (17751 Views)

433 Foreign-trained Doctors Fail MDCN Qualifying Exam / 433,000 Nigerians, Businesses To Get N50,000, N30,000 Each – FG / 70,000 Teachers Sat For Qualifying Exam Nationwide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 433 Foreign-Trained Doctors Fail MDCN Qualifying Exam by joyandfaith: 5:11pm On Nov 28, 2023
bdon123:

Why do u feel it was some 3rd world countries?take it frm some of us that school in abroad,our educational system here is shit.wen i was in schl abroad i get formular table while naija go tell u prove d formula b4 answering d question.formula wey no be u invent n is available everywhere .also there there is past questions n syllabus fully followed bt in naija u see some idiot going completely out of syllabus. i cld keep going bt bliev me its easy for someone who passed abroad to fail for naija becos our system is not in sync wit wat is out there.

I am telling you about what i know about medical education. Average naija doctors would manage malaria than doctors in developed nations. It is called clinical exposure.

1 Like

Re: 433 Foreign-Trained Doctors Fail MDCN Qualifying Exam by esivue007(m): 11:42pm On Nov 28, 2023
OlawaleBammie:
sure

Don't forget to give credits to the deserving lecturers as well sir
The consultants and Co.
Kai, medical school for naija na drilling place.
The day one consultant drilled my guy at nephrology unit ehh...
Omo,he placed d diaphragm part of stethoscope on my friend's head and started embarrassing him even in front of patients undecided
Na like this I throw way face

1 Like

Re: 433 Foreign-Trained Doctors Fail MDCN Qualifying Exam by bdon123(m): 4:50am On Nov 29, 2023
joyandfaith:

I am telling you about what i know about medical education. Average naija doctors would manage malaria than doctors in developed nations. It is called clinical exposure.
Malaria is ur example?u will need to get medical access abroad n get one in naija for u to understand. I will rather hav foreign doctor attend to me as they are more thorough.Naija doc only cares abt making money for his hospital visa unnecessary medication.
Re: 433 Foreign-Trained Doctors Fail MDCN Qualifying Exam by joyandfaith: 4:58am On Nov 29, 2023
bdon123:

Malaria is ur example?u will need to get medical access abroad n get one in naija for u to understand. I will rather hav foreign doctor attend to me as they are more thorough.Naija doc only cares abt making money for his hospital visa unnecessary medication.

Just an example. Do you know what it is called tropical disease? There are many if them. Do you know approach to medical diagnosis and treatment varies from country to country? To you doctors in advanced countries rely more of technology to manage cases while our own doctors rely more clincal judgement and few medical tests available in the country.?
To practice medicine in abroad is very easy? Can you stand Nigerian doctors opening books to check more information on prescription or tests? This is allowed in abroad.
Re: 433 Foreign-Trained Doctors Fail MDCN Qualifying Exam by bdon123(m): 5:32am On Nov 29, 2023
joyandfaith:

Just an example. Do you know what it is called tropical disease? There are many if them. Do you know approach to medical diagnosis and treatment varies from country to country? To you doctors in advanced countries rely more of technology to manage cases while our own doctors rely more clincal judgement and few medical tests available in the country.?
To practice medicine in abroad is very easy? Can you stand Nigerian doctors opening books to check more information on prescription or tests? This is allowed in abroad.
Yes i can stand medical doctors opening books for proper prognosis.i am an engineer,i open books too wen i hit brick wall.probably thats why naija docs dey kii anyhow.This tins are there for extra knowledge n research...absolutely nothing wrong in opening books to get more ideas
Re: 433 Foreign-Trained Doctors Fail MDCN Qualifying Exam by joyandfaith: 5:51am On Nov 29, 2023
bdon123:

Yes i can stand medical doctors opening books for proper prognosis.i am an engineer,i open books too wen i hit brick wall.probably thats why naija docs dey kii anyhow.This tins are there for extra knowledge n research...absolutely nothing wrong in opening books to get more ideas

You are more knowledgeable than some Nigerians. Another is medical technology. Do you know medical microbiologists routinely examine sputum or nasal swab for viral studies in any case of catarrh with or without cough.? How many teaching hospitals have facilities for viral studies? And many cases like that. Availability of medical technology makes medical authorities to determine methods of examining medical students and residents. The saying among doctors you must learn standard of care and substandard of care. Have u heard of management of patients in poor countries? There are protocols for that too.
Foreign-trained doctors must learn how to practice safely in Nigeria.
Re: 433 Foreign-Trained Doctors Fail MDCN Qualifying Exam by bdon123(m): 10:49am On Nov 29, 2023
joyandfaith:

You are more knowledgeable than some Nigerians. Another is medical technology. Do you know medical microbiologists routinely examine sputum or nasal swab for viral studies in any case of catarrh with or without cough.? How many teaching hospitals have facilities for viral studies? And many cases like that. Availability of medical technology makes medical authorities to determine methods of examining medical students and residents. The saying among doctors you must learn standard of care and substandard of care. Have u heard of management of patients in poor countries? There are protocols for that too.
Foreign-trained doctors must learn how to practice safely in Nigeria.
Are u saying foreign trained doctors dont practice safely in Nigeria becos i will outrightly disagree wit that.i hav been treated by Nigerian trained docs in naija n foreign trained ones.i hav also bee treated by foreign docs in Nigeria who are practicing here in nigeria for big oil majors hospital. Bro wen it comes to medicine, i pick foreign anyday ,anytime.iam not saying naija docs are not good...m jst saying they put too mcg energy on tins that dont matter becos of our system.its really not their fault....its d system.
Re: 433 Foreign-Trained Doctors Fail MDCN Qualifying Exam by joyandfaith: 10:55am On Nov 29, 2023
bdon123:

Are u saying foreign trained doctors dont practice safely in Nigeria becos i will outrightly disagree wit that.i hav been treated by Nigerian trained docs in naija n foreign trained ones.i hav also bee treated by foreign docs in Nigeria who are practicing here in nigeria for big oil majors hospital. Bro wen it comes to medicine, i pick foreign anyday ,anytime.iam not saying naija docs are not good...m jst saying they put too mcg energy on tins that dont matter becos of our system.its really not their fault....its d system.
They pased mdcn exam. That means they are qualified to practice safely in Nigeria.
Essence of mdcn exam is to ensure foreign-trained doctors understand our health system. Note that Nigeria-trained doctors are also practising in advanced nations. All medical schools virtually use the same curriculum though health system differs. Hence reason for the exams. If you failed the exams you cannot practice safely in the system.
Re: 433 Foreign-Trained Doctors Fail MDCN Qualifying Exam by Frizz001: 11:00am On Nov 29, 2023
Yes o! Have you forgotten that Air Peace had to evacuate Nigerian students from Sudan? Many of them would be studying medicine there, mostly muslims I'm sure.
Emereolevanwill:
Sudan? 😀😄😃
Re: 433 Foreign-Trained Doctors Fail MDCN Qualifying Exam by 1972xy: 3:37am On Nov 30, 2023
Stephench:

Who dey pass JAMB for Nigeria? People still do what they have to do to pass. Stop deceiving yourself
I know blame you. I can see that you are one of those people who are wishing Nigeria bad luck. But let me tell you. You see that your shit hole region will for ever be slaves to Nigeria.
Ewu .
Re: 433 Foreign-Trained Doctors Fail MDCN Qualifying Exam by bdon123(m): 7:08am On Nov 30, 2023
joyandfaith:

They pased mdcn exam. That means they are qualified to practice safely in Nigeria.
Essence of mdcn exam is to ensure foreign-trained doctors understand our health system. Note that Nigeria-trained doctors are also practising in advanced nations. All medical schools virtually use the same curriculum though health system differs. Hence reason for the exams. If you failed the exams you cannot practice safely in the system.
I am not against having our own medicap exam in Nigeria. Do u hav an idea on d number of Nigerians that fail uk medical exam yearly?does that make those Nigerian doctors bad docs?hell no it doesnt.All m saying is dont use NMA exams as a yardstick to test d knowledge n capacity of a foreign trained doctor.
NB:by foreign i dont mean cotonou n niger graduands lol
Re: 433 Foreign-Trained Doctors Fail MDCN Qualifying Exam by orisa37: 8:31am On Nov 30, 2023
They are Hired ASSASSINS.
Re: 433 Foreign-Trained Doctors Fail MDCN Qualifying Exam by jaephoenix(m): 11:29am On Nov 30, 2023
atiku4President:

You can say what you know. You think the rule applies everywhere?
Bro, before anyone hires any doc, he or she provides a license, whether soft or hard copy. Same with having a personal hospital. You must provide your license to HEFAMAA(for Lagos)
Re: 433 Foreign-Trained Doctors Fail MDCN Qualifying Exam by atiku4President(m): 11:55am On Nov 30, 2023
jaephoenix:

Bro, before anyone hires any doc, he or she provides a license, whether soft or hard copy. Same with having a personal hospital. You must provide your license to HEFAMAA(for Lagos)
The problem is that many you don't know the country you are living in.
Re: 433 Foreign-Trained Doctors Fail MDCN Qualifying Exam by jaephoenix(m): 1:45pm On Dec 01, 2023
atiku4President:

The problem is that many you don't know the country you are living in.
If you insist such things happen, no p
Re: 433 Foreign-Trained Doctors Fail MDCN Qualifying Exam by jaephoenix(m): 1:47pm On Dec 01, 2023
bdon123:

Which Naija docs dey kii anyhow? Do you have stats? Or you just pulled up data from the air?
Re: 433 Foreign-Trained Doctors Fail MDCN Qualifying Exam by atiku4President(m): 5:22pm On Dec 01, 2023
[quote author=jaephoenix post=127261351]
Which Naija docs dey kii anyhow? Do you have stats? Or you just pulled up data from the air? [/q-zAauote]
Re: 433 Foreign-Trained Doctors Fail MDCN Qualifying Exam by 1972xy: 4:12am On Dec 03, 2023
kumbhuru:

You are dumb 8f you still have this mentality. Poverty mentality that makes you people think people who attended private universities and schools abroad are Rich and failed JAMB.
You scored 300 in JAMB but we're given Botany, and same person went abroad or private university, does that mean such had failed?
Take your brain and visit a psychiatrist.
And mind you, even having 200 in JAMB is more than enough for you to be a doctor, Medicine is not about 400 in JAMB but about the interest, dedication and consistency in studying in medical school. Reason you will see someone with 250 graduating without a single resit or repeat but see someone with 330 failing out.
JAMB is basically for admission, it has nothing to do with intelligence or who will become a better professional. Use your brain, it's not for decoration
Let this stink into your dirty skull. Nigerian trained Doctors are considered second known to India trained globally and they are sort after in the world.
No wonder foreign trained doctors when they come back to Nigeria couldn't pass their induction exams to practice in the country .
I still say ,their back ground was faulty because check their school cert out...all na private center A1 certificate ..no wonder they couldn't make just 150 in Jamb but they prefer to go and study medicine with their parents stolen loot in Sudan ,Cyprus or Russia. Definitely not in America.
Make your 300 above in Jamb ....You are sure of Admission in UI.
Or carry your 150 score to Cyprus .
No wahala . No be fight ok?
Re: 433 Foreign-Trained Doctors Fail MDCN Qualifying Exam by kumbhuru: 2:23pm On Dec 03, 2023
1972xy:
Let this stink into your dirty skull. Nigerian trained Doctors are considered second known to India trained globally and they are sort after in the world.
No wonder foreign trained doctors when they come back to Nigeria couldn't pass their induction exams to practice in the country .
I still say ,their back ground was faulty because check their school cert out...all na private center A1 certificate ..no wonder they couldn't make just 150 in Jamb but they prefer to go and study medicine with their parents stolen loot in Sudan ,Cyprus or Russia. Definitely not in America.
Make your 300 above in Jamb ....You are sure of Admission in UI.
Or carry your 150 score to Cyprus .
No wahala . No be fight ok?
Stop quoting, failed child

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Steer Clear Of My Charity, Kingsley Kuku Tells EFCC / Alaibe, Other APC Chieftains Defect To PDP In Bayelsa / Nigeria Is Difficult To Manage - Ibrahim Babangida, Former Head Of State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.