Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,053 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

Problem With Early Mouth Odour - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Problem With Early Mouth Odour (18804 Views)

10 Causes Of Mouth Odour / Bad Mouth Odour And Persistent Headache. Help! / 5 Ways To Cure Mouth Odour In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Problem With Early Mouth Odour by Mercylike(f): 3:33pm On Nov 28, 2023
bigtt76:
You can't be eating ogiri, iru or okpehe laden soup all day and expect your mouth to be smelling like rose flower the next morning when you wake up cheesy

Brush your mouth after every meal and right before you go to bed. Also ensure you brush off the meal on your tongue ...as in brush the whitish thrush off your tongue until your tongue glows in its pinkish glory.

Apart from irú which í Don't eat everyday, I don't understand the rest
Re: Problem With Early Mouth Odour by Weepnow: 3:34pm On Nov 28, 2023
Eucalyptus leaves. the long tree you see planted as decorations in front of some homes
Wash and dry indoors
Take one of the dried leaf, roughly mash or cut into pieces
Get a mug, add the pieces of the dried leaf, add boiling water.
Cover the mug for 20 mins to allow the medicinal properties infuse the water.
Add lemon juice, half of one normal piece.

Don't use a plastic cup, putting hot contents into plastic containers, causes the containers to emit carcinogens, which causes cancer when consumed

1 Like

Re: Problem With Early Mouth Odour by banku: 3:35pm On Nov 28, 2023
Someone said it all. When your mouth is closed for a long time without talking, even after brushing in the morning, your mouth smells.

The way to reduce the natural smell when air and saliva are not flowing, is to brush and floss after every meal or brush before going to bed.

Yes, chewing bitter cola or mint, reduce the natural smell. If you over do it, you may reduce the floral balance in the mouth and develop another problem like thrush.
Re: Problem With Early Mouth Odour by xavuv: 3:42pm On Nov 28, 2023
ttobizz:

I don't get it.. what's wrong with brushing your mouth?

Salt water works like magic. Brush in the morning and gaggle, floss in the evening.
Re: Problem With Early Mouth Odour by Nwaokunkpara: 3:47pm On Nov 28, 2023
Lovemeharder:

We all have that pungent smell after waking up, but once you use your mouth wash and brush off those things and you still feel that mouth odor, I think it's not normal.

Am always having tonsil stones... It stinks please is there any remedy?
Re: Problem With Early Mouth Odour by Mercylike(f): 3:49pm On Nov 28, 2023
femi4:
No be fight, I said what I said

Egbon mi.. Mí ó lè bayi ja..

Haba.. U be my baba na
Re: Problem With Early Mouth Odour by updatechange(m): 3:50pm On Nov 28, 2023
Mercylike:
Is it normal to wake up and experience mouth odour?

I don't like talking to people very early especially when I just wake up bcoz there is this odour when I smell whenever I try to smell my own mouth..

Is it normal or it is something that has to be treated?

If i have brush, I don't have any odour from morning till night except for night to morning sleep..

Okay mercy let me share my tips..
First, it’s either you eat suya and the onions on it, onions alone will give u a terrible smell when u wake up in the morning.
Tip 2: stop swallowing the residue of meats or fish after picking them out of your teeth, always spit them out.
This is the major cause of mouth odor not
Top 3: brush twice a day and always rinse off residue from your mouth after eating especially the local dishes

1 Like

Re: Problem With Early Mouth Odour by grandstar(m): 3:51pm On Nov 28, 2023
Mercylike:

I don't like talking to people very early especially when I just wake up bcoz there is this odour when I smell whenever I try to smell my own mouth..

If i have brush, I don't have any odour from morning till night except for night to morning sleep..

Brush before going to bed and ensure you don't eat afterwards

That should reduce the possibility of mouth odor.

Also, are there drugs you take at night? Some drugs cause early morning mouth odor.
Re: Problem With Early Mouth Odour by bigtt76(f): 3:52pm On Nov 28, 2023
cheesy cheesy cheesy the point I was driving at is once you eat anything spicy or with condiments that give flavour to a meal, always brush your mouth to take the smell away. Leaving it overnight would only encourage bacteria to indulge and cause it to smell more.

Mercylike:

Apart from irú which í Don't eat everyday, I don't understand the rest
Re: Problem With Early Mouth Odour by Satazaa: 4:17pm On Nov 28, 2023
Jestin:
I can never forget one smelling mouth i kissed last week. Guys you can’t believe i was still vomiting this morning when brushing. I don’t even know how to get the memory out of my head
seriously? You sound like someone who meets lots of dudes daily, What kinda of job do you do, abi you are a practitioner of the oldest profession in the world? that job that when every normal workers are returning from thier daily hussles you will be preparing to leave for your own workplace
Re: Problem With Early Mouth Odour by henrimoto(m): 4:23pm On Nov 28, 2023
Kobojunkie:
When was the last time you saw your dentist? Do you at least keep your 6-month dental cleaning appointment? undecided
..For Nigeria! Na when we wan remove teeth we dey remember Dentist.
Re: Problem With Early Mouth Odour by Babysho(m): 4:31pm On Nov 28, 2023
Mercylike:

It's coming from your stomach probably ulcer related. Try to sleep with your head elevated.
Re: Problem With Early Mouth Odour by ComeToJesus: 4:35pm On Nov 28, 2023
Mercylike:

It's obvious U dint read my post well..

It's only when I wake up..... After I brush, I am fine all day
That's the reason why you brush in the morning. No case submission here..
Re: Problem With Early Mouth Odour by alpharoyalty: 4:36pm On Nov 28, 2023
emmabest2000:

Chew bitter kola instead

Both are good but my preference is bitter cola
Re: Problem With Early Mouth Odour by Offpoint1: 4:36pm On Nov 28, 2023
Mercylike:

Werey nothing do you.

Everybody papa mouth dey smell when dey wake up. All food particles for mouth dey decade before you wake up, so mouth must smell until your brush those decays out.

1 Like

Re: Problem With Early Mouth Odour by Realist777: 4:49pm On Nov 28, 2023
Mercylike:

No but if I do, it doesn't smell
You already have the solution to your problem, may be you just want nairalanders' blessings
Re: Problem With Early Mouth Odour by Hotice085: 4:49pm On Nov 28, 2023
Mercylike:

Brush last thing every night and drink water first thing in the morning
Re: Problem With Early Mouth Odour by Mercylike(f): 5:05pm On Nov 28, 2023
Offpoint1:

Werey nothing do you.

Everybody papa mouth dey smell when dey wake up. All food particles for mouth dey decade before you wake up, so mouth must smell until your brush those decays out.

Werey grin grin grin
Re: Problem With Early Mouth Odour by Jestin: 5:25pm On Nov 28, 2023
Satazaa:
seriously? You sound like someone who meets lots of dudes daily, What kinda of job do you do, abi you are a practitioner of the oldest profession in the world? that job that when every normal workers are returning from thier daily hussles you will be preparing to leave for your own workplace

Oga shut up . I am a boy and the lady i kissed is a soldier

1 Like

Re: Problem With Early Mouth Odour by zedman1(m): 5:28pm On Nov 28, 2023
Mercylike:

It's obvious U dint read my post well..

It's only when I wake up..... After I brush, I am fine all day
It's obvious you don't know some very simple things in life. Almost everyone wakes up with bad breath until after brushing. I don't like the way you replied that person you mentioned.
Re: Problem With Early Mouth Odour by teewhyhomes: 5:46pm On Nov 28, 2023
Contact us today @ Teewhyhomes for your next Real Estate investment.
Re: Problem With Early Mouth Odour by ojonugba2014(m): 6:53pm On Nov 28, 2023
AzaHub:
Pray very well. It will go.

And brush at least twice a day

So prayer too dea cure mouth odour.

Na waoo for this religion people ooo

2 Likes

Re: Problem With Early Mouth Odour by Ibrahimlagosian(m): 7:00pm On Nov 28, 2023
Next time,you go smell the mouth before kissing it grin[ quote author=Jestin post=127209819]I can never forget one smelling mouth i kissed last week. Guys you can’t believe i was still vomiting this morning when brushing. I don’t even know how to get the memory out of my head [/quote]
Re: Problem With Early Mouth Odour by Blackdisciple(m): 7:17pm On Nov 28, 2023
It's simple when you wake up brush your teeth...
Re: Problem With Early Mouth Odour by Kobojunkie: 7:20pm On Nov 28, 2023
henrimoto:
..For Nigeria! Na when we wan remove teeth we dey remember Dentist.
ANd we pretend we are the most educated in the world... na wa oo! undecided

1 Like

Re: Problem With Early Mouth Odour by Kobojunkie: 7:22pm On Nov 28, 2023
scoobyblogspot:
Bros,, this is normal. Depending what you ate before sleeping. Specifically, saliva production decreases while you're sleeping, leaving you with a dry mouth at night. Since saliva usually flushes out odor-causing particles, you're left with bacterial buildup that makes its presence known with its distinctive aroma. As for me , the only time i have mouth odor is when i drink much or have some meat stuck in between my teath
When you start complaining of severe halitosis, it is no longer to be considered normal. undecided
Re: Problem With Early Mouth Odour by Robinson0001: 7:23pm On Nov 28, 2023
Change your tooth paste. Try pepsodent
Re: Problem With Early Mouth Odour by Kobojunkie: 7:23pm On Nov 28, 2023
creolehunt:
■ What has dentist has to do with this? Early morning bad breath is perfectly normal as theres been inactivity in the mouth for many hours. The guy clearly wrote he is fine when he brushes
OP has been having morning breath from his childhood. However, now that he has noticed it is worse than usual means it is no longer normal. PLease stop trying to normalize what is obviously a problem. undecided
Re: Problem With Early Mouth Odour by adabaraabdul: 8:00pm On Nov 28, 2023
ipobarecriminals:
sad mouth do smell but not as soakaway pit/ he goat

why?
Re: Problem With Early Mouth Odour by ottersberger(m): 8:10pm On Nov 28, 2023
1. Go to a dentist. He will check for cavities and gum disease, clean your teeth, drill and fill any cavities. This is where the bacteria responsible for bad breath reside.

2. Fall in love with dental floss, and floss, brush your teeth before bed.

3. If you are financially able, invest in a quality alcohol-free mouthwash.

4. Finally, change your toothbrush at least every 3 months, preferably much sooner.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Soldier Tests Positive For Ebola In Liberia / Coronavirus: NMA Asks FG To Allow Other Laboratories Run Test / South Africa Records 13 Cases Of Coronavirus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.