Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,839 members, 7,820,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

Kwara:chinese Firm Advises Kwara Govt To Demolish Tanke Bridge To Avoid Calamity - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kwara:chinese Firm Advises Kwara Govt To Demolish Tanke Bridge To Avoid Calamity (2445 Views)

Kwara:vp Kashim Shettima Declines Gov Abdulrahman Request To Visit Tanke Bridge / LASG Seals Chinese Firm, Declares Zero Tolerance For Safety Measures / Amaechi: Chinese Firm Embarrassing Nigeria Over Lagos-Ibadan Railway Stations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kwara:chinese Firm Advises Kwara Govt To Demolish Tanke Bridge To Avoid Calamity by Kelf2016(m): 11:36am On Nov 28, 2023
A Chinese firm recently engaged by the Kwara state government to correct the structural errors on the controversial Tanke Flyover has advised the government under Mallam Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq to bring down the entire structure and start the construction afresh.

The advice, according to an internal memo addressed to the supervising Commissioner for Works is to avoid future calamity which may be devastating when the road is opened for public use without due diligence.

The Chinese firm said it based its conclusion on the preliminary report of the Engineers who recommended a total overhaul of the structure.

The firm said the low quality of materials used in the construction and the gross inexperience of local engineers engaged to handle the project make correction almost impossible.

Details later

Re: Kwara:chinese Firm Advises Kwara Govt To Demolish Tanke Bridge To Avoid Calamity by immortalcrown(m): 11:38am On Nov 28, 2023
Dem go call am accident when e happen.

3 Likes

Re: Kwara:chinese Firm Advises Kwara Govt To Demolish Tanke Bridge To Avoid Calamity by ZKOSOSO(m): 11:41am On Nov 28, 2023
To be forewarned na to set for action 🎬
Re: Kwara:chinese Firm Advises Kwara Govt To Demolish Tanke Bridge To Avoid Calamity by jackie111(m): 12:45pm On Nov 28, 2023
For 3 months that I was in ilorin, I was hearing tanke Bridge and I thought it was a completed project. Sooo, na so the thing be😳

Wawu, local content no go allow us get better and long lasting projects in Nigeria. If there is no indigenous contractor that can pull international standards feat, give it out while the learning process continues on the low.

1 Like

Re: Kwara:chinese Firm Advises Kwara Govt To Demolish Tanke Bridge To Avoid Calamity by forgiveness: 12:58pm On Nov 28, 2023
Chinese is tell you local engineer don't have experience.

What experience does China have before they established construction companies?

China products were tagged Chinko because of low quality but overtime with continuous practice, they became masters in production.

Nigerian engineers need to be encouraged to gain experience.

2 Likes

Re: Kwara:chinese Firm Advises Kwara Govt To Demolish Tanke Bridge To Avoid Calamity by Simeonjoe1: 1:11pm On Nov 28, 2023
jackie111:
For 3 months that I was in ilorin, I was hearing tanke Bridge and I thought it was a completed project. Sooo, na so the thing be😳

Wawu, local content no go allow us get better and long lasting projects in Nigeria. If there is no indigenous contractor that can pull international standards feat, give it out while the learning process continues on the low.

It's been completed atleast 98% if road marking will be done.
But has not been open for the past 6 weeks since its completion.
I wonder maybe it's because of this report, if so it'll be a waste of billions down the drain.
Yes the bridge looks shabby, even the one at post office still look better than the supposed new flyover

1 Like

Re: Kwara:chinese Firm Advises Kwara Govt To Demolish Tanke Bridge To Avoid Calamity by slivertongue: 1:51pm On Nov 28, 2023
My tanke. o Nostalgia
Re: Kwara:chinese Firm Advises Kwara Govt To Demolish Tanke Bridge To Avoid Calamity by WhisperedNoise: 2:07pm On Nov 28, 2023
The bridge is very subpar. It was just an avenue to feed some people fat. A very useless and wasteful endeavour. Bridge that hasn't been opened to the public but already has cracks and crevices and is already leaking? Is that a bridge or a death trap?
Re: Kwara:chinese Firm Advises Kwara Govt To Demolish Tanke Bridge To Avoid Calamity by Truths9ja: 2:16pm On Nov 28, 2023
I heard the bridge has been completed now
Re: Kwara:chinese Firm Advises Kwara Govt To Demolish Tanke Bridge To Avoid Calamity by Truths9ja: 2:18pm On Nov 28, 2023
The bridge have been completed now

Re: Kwara:chinese Firm Advises Kwara Govt To Demolish Tanke Bridge To Avoid Calamity by hakeemhakeem(m): 2:45pm On Nov 28, 2023
forgiveness:

China products were tagged Chinko because of low quality but overtime with continuous practice, they became masters in production.

China products are grade by grade based on the request of the buyers

1 Like

Re: Kwara:chinese Firm Advises Kwara Govt To Demolish Tanke Bridge To Avoid Calamity by PedoBear: 2:52pm On Nov 28, 2023
Truths9ja:

Land of brown roof
Re: Kwara:chinese Firm Advises Kwara Govt To Demolish Tanke Bridge To Avoid Calamity by forgiveness: 2:59pm On Nov 28, 2023
hakeemhakeem:

Chinese products long ago were substandard.
Re: Kwara:chinese Firm Advises Kwara Govt To Demolish Tanke Bridge To Avoid Calamity by Gainman: 5:32pm On Nov 28, 2023
forgiveness:

a 20 yrs tailor sef go know d bridge nah wacky. Fugazy bridge so don't say what u dont know
Re: Kwara:chinese Firm Advises Kwara Govt To Demolish Tanke Bridge To Avoid Calamity by Gainman: 5:35pm On Nov 28, 2023
Simeonjoe1:

I wonder maybe it's because of this report, if so it'll be a waste of billions down the drain.
Yes the bridge looks shabby, even the one at post office still look better than the supposed new flyover
I heard d state govt still owed d contractor. The gov and commission all of works should be arrested and procecuted for this bad work
Re: Kwara:chinese Firm Advises Kwara Govt To Demolish Tanke Bridge To Avoid Calamity by forgiveness: 5:35pm On Nov 28, 2023
Gainman:
a 20 yrs tailor sef go know d bridge nah wacky. Fugazy bridge so don't say what u dont know

Okay oo
Re: Kwara:chinese Firm Advises Kwara Govt To Demolish Tanke Bridge To Avoid Calamity by Gainman: 5:36pm On Nov 28, 2023
Truths9ja:
computer improved pix
Re: Kwara:chinese Firm Advises Kwara Govt To Demolish Tanke Bridge To Avoid Calamity by Gainman: 5:38pm On Nov 28, 2023
forgiveness:

Okay oo
Those political leaders leading d state are blind
Re: Kwara:chinese Firm Advises Kwara Govt To Demolish Tanke Bridge To Avoid Calamity by Truths9ja: 5:38pm On Nov 28, 2023
Gainman:
computer improved pix
it has been 98% completed now. It’s not 3D design now
Re: Kwara:chinese Firm Advises Kwara Govt To Demolish Tanke Bridge To Avoid Calamity by LikeAking: 5:47pm On Nov 28, 2023
So our engineers can’t construct bridge?
Re: Kwara:chinese Firm Advises Kwara Govt To Demolish Tanke Bridge To Avoid Calamity by Gainman: 5:47pm On Nov 28, 2023
Truths9ja:
it has been 98% completed now. It’s not 3D design now
does d bridge looks exactly like d pix u posted? Capital NO. My friend I still passed d place yesterday. All projects constructed by d state govt when they post it on d internet, u will know d Pic is photo shopped. U can only be saying dat to those dat do not see them physically.
Re: Kwara:chinese Firm Advises Kwara Govt To Demolish Tanke Bridge To Avoid Calamity by Truths9ja: 5:49pm On Nov 28, 2023
Gainman:
does d bridge looks exactly like d pix u posted? Capital NO. My friend I still passed d place yesterday. All projects constructed by d state govt when they post it on d internet, u will know d Pic is photo shopped. U can only be saying dat to those dat do not see them physically.
can you post the recent pictures here
Re: Kwara:chinese Firm Advises Kwara Govt To Demolish Tanke Bridge To Avoid Calamity by OnionBandit(f): 9:05pm On Nov 28, 2023
hakeemhakeem:

no mind am..he knows nothing
Re: Kwara:chinese Firm Advises Kwara Govt To Demolish Tanke Bridge To Avoid Calamity by Gainman: 9:56pm On Nov 28, 2023
Truths9ja:
can you post the recent pictures here
I dont hv d pix but they have finished d work since. But d bridge is still close causing wahala for transporters. I heard d state govt owed d contractor
Re: Kwara:chinese Firm Advises Kwara Govt To Demolish Tanke Bridge To Avoid Calamity by jackie111(m): 11:33pm On Nov 28, 2023
Simeonjoe1:

That one at post office is a solid work even though Bukola scammed us that time. What they said then was that it would stretch from unity.

For this new one, if they know its not safe, they should not open it ooo. Safety comes first.
Re: Kwara:chinese Firm Advises Kwara Govt To Demolish Tanke Bridge To Avoid Calamity by AcademicWriter: 12:16am On Nov 29, 2023
Dem go call am accident when e happen...
Re: Kwara:chinese Firm Advises Kwara Govt To Demolish Tanke Bridge To Avoid Calamity by Truths9ja: 2:03am On Nov 29, 2023
Gainman:
I dont hv d pix but they have finished d work since. But d bridge is still close causing wahala for transporters. I heard d state govt owed d contractor
okay. Nawaoooo
Re: Kwara:chinese Firm Advises Kwara Govt To Demolish Tanke Bridge To Avoid Calamity by Allymosh: 7:33am On Nov 29, 2023
Who do we really offended as a State, we are far from progress. If current administration fail, I promise myself, I will not do politics again.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Arrests Foreign "Spies" In The Niger Delta / Obiem: Michael Iheonukara Okpara And The First Higher Institution / Speakership: Northern Caucus Backs South West β€’ Mounts Pressure On Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.