Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,202 members, 7,829,300 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

Who Founded Lagos: Yoruba Or Binis? Oba Of Benin’s Claim Stirs Controversy, Agai - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Founded Lagos: Yoruba Or Binis? Oba Of Benin’s Claim Stirs Controversy, Agai (26369 Views)

Professor Olusegun Sogbesan: The Yoruba Man Who Founded Onitsha Business School / Sanwo-olu’s Second Term Bid Stirs Controversy In Lagos APC / Sunday Igboho’s House Attacked 72 Hours To Lagos Yoruba Nation Rally (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Founded Lagos: Yoruba Or Binis? Oba Of Benin’s Claim Stirs Controversy, Agai by joefelin2345: 3:38pm On Nov 28, 2023
seunmsg:

lol. Igbos own Lagos. Oba Eri of Umu-Eri founded Lagos and handed it to his younger brother, Oba of Benin. Oba of Benin then handed over the place to Olofin Ogumfunminire, the father of his girlfriend who then handed it over to Ologun kutere, the product of infidelity between Oba of Benin and Olofin Ogunfunminire's daughter who then handed it over to Ojukwu's father whi then handed it over to Peter Obi and his noisy obidient developers before Tinubu hijacked it from him and kept it to himself since then.

Omo Ibo, hope you enjoyed the history? grin grin grin
This s quite beautiful my brother.You are too much for this generation!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Founded Lagos: Yoruba Or Binis? Oba Of Benin’s Claim Stirs Controversy, Agai by tishbite42: 3:39pm On Nov 28, 2023
Christistruth03:

They are Furious

Listen to Balogun Eko Oshodi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzKC_zqCFBo?si=zQ1gdQFQDqJcyrMN
A Nupe man is more Eko than a Bini man abi?!
Dey play

4 Likes

Re: Who Founded Lagos: Yoruba Or Binis? Oba Of Benin’s Claim Stirs Controversy, Agai by Wallade(m): 3:43pm On Nov 28, 2023
spy24:

In this matter I believe the oba of Benin more..

Why ? Because the Benin kingdom and its obas have the longest recorded history in Nigeria and they also had one of the most formal setting before the advent of the white men in Nigeria.. their history is well documented and not just mere say..

I believe the oba is speaking from a factual point of view than all this emotional hearsay people online..

Really, so why would the Oba of Benin be interested in sharing this information that his predecessors never shared or opined?

If that opinion of the Obama of Benin is true, why did none of his predecessors push that analogy?

Whatever history informed him must have been documented by his predecessors.

1 Like

Re: Who Founded Lagos: Yoruba Or Binis? Oba Of Benin’s Claim Stirs Controversy, Agai by TheBillyonaire: 3:44pm On Nov 28, 2023
codemaniacs:

Lagos was built with the common wealth of Yorubas not Nigeria..

Nigeria only started having its own wealth after the discovery oil..

before the discovery of oil, it was wealth of western Nigeria that was used to sustain Nigeria.

that is one of the reasons your igbo forefathers tried to use a civil war to conquer and take over the SW and Lagos but it failed and backfired. your forefathers could not even get pass Ondo even with the help of Yoruba traitors..

The challenge of many Yoruba people on nairaland is ignorance and timidity. Who ever disagrees with your propaganda and attempts to educate you must be an Igbo. I am not Igbo, I am from the Niger Delta, and my wealth feeds you actually. Without me, you are just another Yoruba Agbero seeking ownership of Lagos State. Some people from Ila Orangun in Osun State and Itire with tribal marks are also claiming to be Lagosians even though no Lagosian has tribal marks. grin

Shall we begin? Yoruba is a minority tribe in Lagos State. Many Lagosians speak Igbo, Hausa, Fulani, Ibibio etc. If you are not born in Lagos, you are NOT a Lagosian, except you are an investor, so if we go by investment, Igbos own Lagos, full stop.

3 Likes

Re: Who Founded Lagos: Yoruba Or Binis? Oba Of Benin’s Claim Stirs Controversy, Agai by IjebuWarrior: 3:44pm On Nov 28, 2023
Zonefree:
I stand with Oba of Benin.

You go stand tire, I swear. angry

Re: Who Founded Lagos: Yoruba Or Binis? Oba Of Benin’s Claim Stirs Controversy, Agai by MT: 3:44pm On Nov 28, 2023
MakeWeTalk:

Lagos became what it is becos it was the capital, nothing else.
Igbos do biz there as yorubas do agbero

Yoruba is blessed to be situated in an environment where it was selected as the capital.

You cannot cry over that.

God has reasons for creating you into the geographical areas where you were not considered fit to be made the capital.

Deal with it.

3 Likes

Re: Who Founded Lagos: Yoruba Or Binis? Oba Of Benin’s Claim Stirs Controversy, Agai by Nathan2016: 3:46pm On Nov 28, 2023
MT:

Stop being mischievious.

The land ownership being talked about in this context is about "control".

When you say Lagos is a "no man's land", they are not referring to the constitution, they are saying "no one has the control" over this land.

I never say lagos is a no mans land. lol.. You guys and being insecure about land ownership is just pathetic. I said lagos belong to the Nigeria country. Its a state in Nigeria.

When an English man tells a Nigerian who is a British passport holder that - You can ONLY be a British, but you can NEVER be an English - What do you think they are talking about ?.

You make no sense here

When an American tells you to your face to go to your country despite you being a US passport holder, what are they talking about ?.

They tell you but they cannot take you out of America. You have the passport and have the same right as them. Dont be naive. Same right any tribe have in lagos as Nigerian.

By the virtue of their constitution, you are referred to as an American or British, but deep down, they do not really see you as part of them.

Apart or Not, their country have constitution that guide them. A white american doesnt have right more than black British in Britain.

By your flawed logic, a Yoruba should aspire to become Sultan in Sokoto and Ibo should aspire to be Oba of Lagos since no tribe owns anywhere in Nigeria.

No, those are traditional title and tradition is linked to ethinicity. Dont be a child. They can aspire to be governors or any Elective government office in any state. They have that right
[/b]
[/b]
I repeat, Yoruba land belongs to the Yoruba people, just like Awka belongs to the Ibos and Gwari people own Abuja.

Okay, if it makes you sleep well at night.. have at it... lol

Bye
Re: Who Founded Lagos: Yoruba Or Binis? Oba Of Benin’s Claim Stirs Controversy, Agai by yetty247(f): 3:48pm On Nov 28, 2023
seunmsg:

lol. Igbos own Lagos. Oba Eri of Umu-Eri founded Lagos and handed it to his younger brother, Oba of Benin. Oba of Benin then handed over the place to Olofin Ogumfunminire, the father of his girlfriend who then handed it over to Ologun kutere, the product of infidelity between Oba of Benin and Olofin Ogunfunminire's daughter who then handed it over to Ojukwu's father whi then handed it over to Peter Obi and his noisy obidient developers before Tinubu hijacked it from him and kept it to himself since then.

Omo Ibo, hope you enjoyed the history? grin grin grin

Lmao
oti lo
This one don enter history book
Re: Who Founded Lagos: Yoruba Or Binis? Oba Of Benin’s Claim Stirs Controversy, Agai by codemaniacs: 3:52pm On Nov 28, 2023
Nathan2016:

You are a Nigerian and uses Nigerian passport and live under the Nigerian law and not your ethnic law.

Ethnicity is not the base of country creation or nation formation. You are an adult, you should know that many countries in Africa are multi ethinic. Even outside africa, we have multi-racial. At the present moment, Yo are living under the Nigeria government. I am sure you sing national anthem in school instead of your ethinic song.

Dont be a child, you are bound by your constitution. It overides your ethinicity claim to land ownership. Until the day your ethinicity form their own country, your rights to land ownership is bound by the Nigerian constitution. lol

The word tribe and nation are used interchangeably but hold very different meanings for many Native people.

I am not Nigerian.. to claim someone is Nigerian means the person ethnicity did not exist before year 1840s which is false and means the person is a creation of british people which is also false..

Ethnicity is the base of country creation. that is why most european countries are named after their european ethnicities.

the constitution does not override ethnic claim of land ownership. if that was true then Ijaw militants will not be getting monthly allowance from the F:G.

the word tribe and nation are not used interchangeably..
Re: Who Founded Lagos: Yoruba Or Binis? Oba Of Benin’s Claim Stirs Controversy, Agai by Wallade(m): 3:53pm On Nov 28, 2023
Nwanna2588:
In the discourse on the Bini versus Yoruba dynamics in Lagos, it becomes apparent that the numerical superiority of the Yorubas tends to exert dominance over the smaller Bini community. Yet, amid this demographic reality, a nuanced acknowledgment emerges – an iota of truth lies in the cultural contributions of the Binis, as reflected in linguistic nuances and place names.

Upon closer inspection, historical vestiges reveal Lagos towns bearing Bini names, challenging the assumption that everything is inherently Yoruba. The very title of "Oba" itself, often deemed quintessentially Yoruba, traces its origins to the Bini culture. This revelation underscores a complexity that defies simplistic categorizations.

However, geographical realities persist, with Lagos firmly situated in the South-West, historically recognized as Yoruba territory. The notion of ceding land based on historical connections clashes with the fundamental principle of territorial sovereignty. It echoes parallels of an Igbo claim to Equatorial Guinea, emphasizing the impracticality of asserting ownership without tangible boundaries.

Drawing a parallel to the Black American experience in claiming ownership of America, the conclusion surfaces – the owner of the land remains the owner, akin to the immutable nature of citizenship. This prompts contemplation on the concept of naturalization, advocating a shift from the right of blood to the right of the soil in the Nigerian context.

In the intricate tapestry of Lagos's identity, acknowledging historical contributions while respecting territorial boundaries becomes pivotal. The discourse urges a reevaluation of citizenship paradigms, inviting a nuanced perspective that accommodates both historical legacies and contemporary realities.

The fact that "Oba" in Edo or BIni Kingdom means King does not change the fact that "Oba" means King in Yoruba too. It doesn't make any of the Bini or Yoruba tribe superior to the other or ruler over the other. Despite the similarities in culture of both people, there are distinct differences in their ways of life and culture.

Can you also give us examples of the Lagos towns bearing Bini names?

The fact that a group of Bini warriors sometime ago in history migrated to Eko in Lagos and settled there does not mean they founded the Island. The island existed before they came and there were inhabitants in Lagos before them.

Lagos was founded and owned by the Yorubas. The analogy, opinion or argument of the Oba of Benin is very unnecessary, misleading and disrespectful, especially if it was meant despise the Yoruba.
Re: Who Founded Lagos: Yoruba Or Binis? Oba Of Benin’s Claim Stirs Controversy, Agai by GUNITGuy: 3:54pm On Nov 28, 2023
TheBillyonaire:

The challenge of many Yoruba people on nairaland is ignorance and timidity. Who ever disagrees with your propaganda and attempts to educate you must be an Igbo. I am not Igbo, I am from the Niger Delta, and my wealth feeds you actually. Without me, you are just another Yoruba Agbero seeking ownership of Lagos State. Some people from Ila Orangun in Osun State and Itire with tribal marks are also claiming to be Lagosians even though no Lagosian has tribal marks. grin

Shall we begin? Yoruba is a minority tribe in Lagos State. Many Lagosians speak Igbo, Hausa, Fulani, Ibibio etc. If you are not born in Lagos, you are NOT a Lagosian, except you are an investor, so if we go by investment, Igbos own Lagos, full stop.
Minority what Hope you know what you're saying ....
Even them Binis say this things for ego reason ....
They know their limits....
The last election is an eye opener of the inherent hatred for Yorubas by people who don't share any borders with them .....
What's the fuss about Lagos ...,they are so many Bini influences in Ondo Ekiti and Delta yet people don't talk about it ...
Lagos State government would have already tabled a possibility of teaching all Subjects in Yorubas in the nearest future in High schools...
Yorubas Liberalism have been too much that's why you can say some things ......
The evidence are so clear but sentiments and hate won't allow many people see and acknowledge the facts

2 Likes

Re: Who Founded Lagos: Yoruba Or Binis? Oba Of Benin’s Claim Stirs Controversy, Agai by codemaniacs: 3:56pm On Nov 28, 2023
TheBillyonaire:

Again. you have a right to continue to deceive yourself and tell yourself what you want to believe..

Yoruba is a majority nation in Lagos.

I know all your previous billionaire monickers .. you are igbo... there is no tribe called "Niger delta"... continue deceiving yourself.

1 Like

Re: Who Founded Lagos: Yoruba Or Binis? Oba Of Benin’s Claim Stirs Controversy, Agai by seunayantokun(m): 3:58pm On Nov 28, 2023
Whatever we want to say, it is obvious that all of them are Yoruba. the Binis who were historically part of the Yoruba, like the itshekiri, settled in a part of Lagos Island, named it Eko and have been ruling it t ill date date, but the Awori, also Yoruba, were there before them. Other Yoruba groups with different dialects of the language, like Awori, Ijebu, etc, founded other parts of the state. So, the argument is unnecessary.
Re: Who Founded Lagos: Yoruba Or Binis? Oba Of Benin’s Claim Stirs Controversy, Agai by GUNITGuy: 3:59pm On Nov 28, 2023
TheBillyonaire:

Take the emotional lenses off and look at another perspective as follows -

A Lagosian is anyone given birth to in Lagos State, whether his parents speak Hausa, Fulani, Igbo, Yoruba or any other language does not define a Lagosian. We have Igbo speaking part of Cross River at Ukwa, we also have Igbo Speaking part of Akwa Ibom. That does not mean they are not Akwa Ibomites or Cross Riverians. We have Igbo speaking part of Rivers State too.

Lagos is a State. One of the 37 States in Nigeria. Every State that I know of, have many indigenous languages. A State like Cross River, have over 50 languages, and they communicate to each other using English Language.

Lagos State also has so many languages being spoken by Lagos State indigenes, few of the Language are Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa, Fulani, Owori, etc.

Osun State indigene is not a Lagosian. Ondo State indigene is not a Lagosian. Anambra Indigene is not a Lagosian, and Edo State Indigene is not a Lagosian.

Lagos is not owned by a tribe at the moment, but there was a time she was owned by Benin, Portugal and a cartain Yoruboid tribe.

Lagos is a former Capital and was built with the common wealth of Nigeria, it is not Yoruba wealth so Yorubas can not say they own a place they did not build. The last owners were actually the ones who named them. Oko is not a known word, it is the first time I am learning that you can name a Bush, as Bush, when we all know that Bush is bush, so thats tautology
Yorubas can't claim them own a place they did not build we are seeing the effects on all this comment in Lagos already....Don't worry shebi they saying people are building on drainage wait till 2027 after the election then you would know who truly owns the Place ....
Re: Who Founded Lagos: Yoruba Or Binis? Oba Of Benin’s Claim Stirs Controversy, Agai by XAUBulls: 4:05pm On Nov 28, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Smh.

Btw, Badagry people are originally from Ile Ife. https://www.nairaland.com/7523079/yoruba-badagry-ile-ife-not-ghana
Check my signature for free stuffs!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Founded Lagos: Yoruba Or Binis? Oba Of Benin’s Claim Stirs Controversy, Agai by Nathan2016: 4:06pm On Nov 28, 2023
codemaniacs:

I am not Nigerian.. to claim someone is Nigerian means the person ethnicity did not exist before year 1840s which is false and means the person is a creation of british people which is also false..

Okay, show theM your tribal passport at the airport

Ethnicity is the base of country creation. that is why most european countries are named after their european ethnicities.

false

the constitution does not override ethnic claim of land ownership. if that was true then Ijaw militants will not be getting monthly allowance from the F:G.

it does, the ijaw allocation is still under constitution. The 13 percent derivation fund comes from the federation revenue to oil-producing communities through the state governments as enshrined in section 162, sub-section 2 of the Nigerian constitution.

the word tribe and nation are not used interchangeably..

Please, do some research and stop blind argument. I am done with you. You seems soo ignorant and sturborn like those ipob and oduduwa militants.
BYE

Re: Who Founded Lagos: Yoruba Or Binis? Oba Of Benin’s Claim Stirs Controversy, Agai by codemaniacs: 4:07pm On Nov 28, 2023
Christistruth03:

It has now reached the Stage for Yoruba people to Start learning the Yoruba Moba
Pre Oduduwa History of Lagos
Which is. Incredibly Massive

This is a good opportunity to reteach them including the Epic Yoruba History

Do you know there were moba Yoruba people in Lagos long before Oduduwa was born they had their own Kingdom
And the moba crown predates Oduduwa's own

If we tell them a little of the History of Yoruba Lagos if they have Conscience they will Shut up and beg for Forgiveness

There were Yorubas in Lagos long before Oduduwa was born
The first Oba of Ilesha fetched water from the sea at moba to Cure Oduduwa’s Blindness in the 10 th Century

moba is around Victoria Island
The moba crown Predates Oduduwa’s own it was some of theirPeople that Migrated to Otun Ekiti some are in Ijebu

The 9th Century 160km Eredo Wall near Ijebu was part of their Kingdom that reached the Sea and
Many Islands off the Coast of Lagos

most of the time they are Categorised with the Awori
but though they are now part of the Awori they were in Lagos Centuries Earlier

it was the Pre Oduduwa moba King called Seniade who idol Worshippers deified as Olokun
The Island he ruled from off the Coast of Lagos has now been submerged by the sea
And that was why his people moved to moba

If you see Ancient Yoruba Artifacts in South Africa from before Oduduwa was born Just know that it was moba People who took it there .
They ruled over a String of Islands and were experts in Travelling between Islands in the Atlantic Ocean

Can you see that if you think the History of Lagos Started with Oduduwa in the 10th Century you have not yet began

Sungbo Eredo Wall the UNESCO World heritage Site was built by the Yoruba Moba Pre Oduduwa People of whose Kingdom reached the Islands off the Coast of Lagos

Yoruba History is a God Given Epic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8J7SXJzGuLM?si=r9vlK6L3Z4NEXAEn

yoruba history

1 Like

Re: Who Founded Lagos: Yoruba Or Binis? Oba Of Benin’s Claim Stirs Controversy, Agai by GUNITGuy: 4:10pm On Nov 28, 2023
MT:

Yoruba is blessed to be situated in an environment where it was selected as the capital.

You cannot cry over that.

God has reasons for creating you into the geographical areas where you were not considered fit to be made the capital.

Deal with it.
No one asked Sir Azikiwe to make it the Capital despite Pa Awolowo please to cite the Capital in a more centralized location or the former capital in Clalabar
Re: Who Founded Lagos: Yoruba Or Binis? Oba Of Benin’s Claim Stirs Controversy, Agai by TheBillyonaire: 4:12pm On Nov 28, 2023
GUNITGuy:

Yorubas can't claim them own a place they did not build we are seeing the effects on all this comment in Lagos already....Don't worry shebi they saying people are building on drainage wait till 2027 after the election then you would know who truly owns the Place ....

I will like to communicate with a Lagos State indigene Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba, Bini etc extraction. I am not interested in chatting with someone from Osun and Ondo State.

Most people from Lagos State that I know are very civil and smart, but I see a lot Ijebu Ode people coming online to claim ownership of Lagos instead of their own State.

The demolition in Lagos is to solve erosion menace, and most of the people who develop properties in Lagos and Abuja happen to the people from South Eastern States whose business thrive in Lagos and Abuja.

Property development is a Business, if they build at Erosion site, it is a risk and if they lose at Ikota, they will mark up the price somewhere else. Business has risks.
Re: Who Founded Lagos: Yoruba Or Binis? Oba Of Benin’s Claim Stirs Controversy, Agai by codemaniacs: 4:12pm On Nov 28, 2023
Nathan2016:

Okay, show theM your tribal passport at the airport

false

it does, the ijaw allocation is still under constitution. The 13 percent derivation fund comes from the federation revenue to oil-producing communities through the state governments as enshrined in section 162, sub-section 2 of the Nigerian constitution.

Please, do some research and stop blind argument. I am done with you. You seems soo ignorant and sturborn like those ipob and oduduwa militants.
BYE

you have a right to deceive yourself and continue mis-informing yourself that is your truth.

you are the one that's ignorant and you're the one that's an ipob militant since you're not from the SW what's your business with Lagos.

you are so ignorant you don't even know how to quote a comment properly.
Re: Who Founded Lagos: Yoruba Or Binis? Oba Of Benin’s Claim Stirs Controversy, Agai by orohbirodeysmel: 4:14pm On Nov 28, 2023
Babathanks:

Just dy play😂. Like as we Yoruba dy follow una claim anambra or Enugu or kaduna or Kano. Cos all this places are cosmopolitan city. How would a sensible person in is right sense come all the way from the east and south south and start claiming land in the west

But you first claim Benin people land. Dey play ozwor. What is the meaning of "Lagos" in Yoruba...Is Lagos a Yoruba name or word
Re: Who Founded Lagos: Yoruba Or Binis? Oba Of Benin’s Claim Stirs Controversy, Agai by MT: 4:14pm On Nov 28, 2023
[quote author=Nathan2016 post=127210863][/quote]

You are the one that is naive if you don't know the western world is skewed against you despite you being the country passport holder.

There is always that glass ceiling placed on you if you are a foreigner, do not be deceived.
Re: Who Founded Lagos: Yoruba Or Binis? Oba Of Benin’s Claim Stirs Controversy, Agai by codemaniacs: 4:17pm On Nov 28, 2023
TheBillyonaire:

I will like to communicate with a Lagos State indigene Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba, Bini etc extraction. I am not interested in chatting with someone from Osun and Ondo State.

Most people from Lagos State that I know are very civil and smart, but I see a lot Ijebu Ode people coming online to claim ownership of Lagos instead of their own State.

The demolition in Lagos is to solve economic menace, and most of the people who develop properties in Lagos and Abuja happen to the people from South Eastern States whose business thrive in Lagos and Abuja.

Property development is a Business, if they build at Erosion site, it is a risk and if they lose at Ikota, they will mark up the price somewhere else. Business has risks.

GUNITGuy is right and you're still deceiving yourself..

most of what is Lagos today was orignally part of Ogun state..

why are you not talking and concerned about your SE states?

will you die if you talk about your SE states

why covet and envious of what is not your state or region?

2 Likes

Re: Who Founded Lagos: Yoruba Or Binis? Oba Of Benin’s Claim Stirs Controversy, Agai by XAUBulls: 4:19pm On Nov 28, 2023
dre11:

https://punchng.com/who-founded-lagos-yoruba-or-binis-oba-of-benins-claim-stirs-controversy-again/?amp
Eko Island (Lagos Island) which the Oba of Benin was making reference to is NOT the same as the much larger Lagos State which only first came into existence among the 12 newly created states by General Yakubu Gowon on the 27th of May, 1967.

The Oba of Benin's team of advisers have to let him know the difference between these two landmasses of Lagos Island and Lagos State... and make the necessary corrections.

Asipa was an Awori man of noble heritage who aligned himself with the then Oba of Benin, and subsequently went to Bini. He had a Bini wife who gave birth to Prince Ado who become the King of Eko and this is a fact. Ado was of Awori-Yoruba and Bini parentage.

Subsequently, another ruling royal line came into existence and it still exists till this day. Period.

1 Like

Re: Who Founded Lagos: Yoruba Or Binis? Oba Of Benin’s Claim Stirs Controversy, Agai by Nathan2016: 4:20pm On Nov 28, 2023
MT:

You are the one that is naive if you don't know the western world is skewed against you despite you being the country passport holder.

There is always that glass ceiling placed on you if you are a foreigner, do not be deceived.

A Pakistani descendant is now the PM of UK But its skewed against me. Many foreign black citizen are holding offices in UK, Canada and US But its skewed against us that cant even allow other tribes votes in some states.

I dont blame you. Yo are infected with black man disease. Good luck with curing it.

1 Like

Re: Who Founded Lagos: Yoruba Or Binis? Oba Of Benin’s Claim Stirs Controversy, Agai by kokomilala(m): 4:20pm On Nov 28, 2023
@MakeWeTalk, again your argument is very weak. It's a lame attenuation of ignorance.

Long before it became the capital , Lagos had had its magnetic pull. First, it was the Portuguese in 1472, but the Aworis had been there as fishermen. Then, it became a British colony in 1861. That's about a century before independence.

But the returning free slaves: the Saros, the Brazilians and other returnees contributed far much more than the much-vaunted development
u easterners claim irresponsibly to have bequeathed to Lagos.

It's too simplistic to claim that Yoruba are agbero. You don't see so many resourceful Yoruba in the education, banking, tourism, showbiz etc industries. I know u can't see them because you're blinded by hate, ignorance and a poor perception of reality.

When Lagos was attracting investors from many parts of the world, your forebears were assuredly foraging for food in the rain forests of the east .

What your kinsmen do is no more than vacuous commercial effort, that pretends to industrialization. But we know it's everything but.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Founded Lagos: Yoruba Or Binis? Oba Of Benin’s Claim Stirs Controversy, Agai by itsene: 4:21pm On Nov 28, 2023
Wallade:

Really, so why would the Oba of Benin be interested in sharing this information that his predecessors never shared or opined?

If that opinion of the Obama of Benin is true, why did none of his predecessors push that analogy?

Whatever history informed him must have been documented by his predecessors.
Trying to be silly, it's not the Ona's opinion.
Name 3 of his predecessors if you know them and why would you say any traditional ruler should not make a speech you don't like?
Re: Who Founded Lagos: Yoruba Or Binis? Oba Of Benin’s Claim Stirs Controversy, Agai by Nathan2016: 4:21pm On Nov 28, 2023
codemaniacs:

you have a right to deceive yourself and continue mis-informing yourself that is your truth.

you are the one that's ignorant and you're the one that's an ipob militant since you're not from the SW what's your business with Lagos.

you are so ignorant you don't even know how to quote a comment properly.

Whats my business with lagos. Lagos is a state in Nigeria and i live and do business here. I have every right to be in lagos and do anything i want to do in lagos. I have properties in lagos and pay tax in lagos.

Whats your business in lagos?
Re: Who Founded Lagos: Yoruba Or Binis? Oba Of Benin’s Claim Stirs Controversy, Agai by GUNITGuy: 4:22pm On Nov 28, 2023
TheBillyonaire:

The demolition in Lagos is to solve erosion menace, and most of the people who develop properties in Lagos and Abuja happen to the people from South Eastern States whose business thrive in Lagos and Abuja.

Those extraction have no explanation to make and they don't owe you or your ilks an explanation.....
Yorubas would continue to own Lagos whether you like it or not be it Ondo Osun Ekiti Ogun even Kwara and Kogi theyve never been Issues with them and the Aworis or Eguns but strangers would just cook up Things to incite division amongst them....
If you're not ok with that you can Visit the Lagos state Government Alausa or any Obas Palace for an explanation maybe you might understand better

2 Likes

Re: Who Founded Lagos: Yoruba Or Binis? Oba Of Benin’s Claim Stirs Controversy, Agai by TheBillyonaire: 4:23pm On Nov 28, 2023
codemaniacs:

GUNITGuy is right and you're still deceiving yourself..

most of what is Lagos today was orignally part of Ogun state..

why are you not talking and concerned about your SE states?

will you die if you talk about your SE states

why covet and envious of what is not your state or region?

In essence, Ogun State is what we should be talking about. If you were birthed in Ogun State, then you must know that not every Ogun State indigene speaks Yoruba. We have different tribes there, by virtue of Birth, several Ogun State indigenes speak, Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba and other Languages.

Yoruba is a minority tribe in Lagos State. Lagos State is built with common wealth of Nigeria coming from my soil in Niger Delta, so you have nothing to brag about. You are surviving because of my benevolence.

I will like to interact with a Lagosian, not to an Ogunanian or whatever they call Ogun pipo grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Who Founded Lagos: Yoruba Or Binis? Oba Of Benin’s Claim Stirs Controversy, Agai by Dsimmer: 4:24pm On Nov 28, 2023
Bini likes to claim everything they see na 😂 Na so dem claim Oduduwa 😂.. Oduduwa that predates the whole existence of Bini. Lol

Anyways, Instead of laying claim to Eko founded by Olofin Ogunfunminire of the Awori, Bini should rather ask about the meaning of Bini and the meaning of the "Oba" title.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ganduje Woos Kano Governor To APC / 'Abdulmutallab, US Bomber To Vote In Edo' / 'Uduaghan Must Go To Jail' Protest At Delta State Government House (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.