Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,046 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:55 AM

Adegoke Jeremiah: Ekiti Govt Sues Chef Dammy’s Pastor, Demands ₦10M Damages - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adegoke Jeremiah: Ekiti Govt Sues Chef Dammy’s Pastor, Demands ₦10M Damages (25547 Views)

Ekiti Govt Sues Chef Dammy’s Pastor, Demands N10 Million Damages / Ekiti Govt Imposes Curfew, Bans Public Gathering Of More Than 20 / 'Don't Let Fayose Die': Isaac Fayose As Security Surround Ekiti Govt House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adegoke Jeremiah: Ekiti Govt Sues Chef Dammy’s Pastor, Demands ₦10M Damages by Odewaleadesoye(m): 5:43pm On Nov 28, 2023
The Directorate of Citizens Rights (DCR) of the Ministry of Justice in Ekiti State has filed a lawsuit against Chef Dammy’s pastor, Prophet Adegoke Jeremiah, a.k.a Billion Dollars Prophet, and the State Police Command over alleged infringement of her rights.

The DCR is also seeking N10 million compensation for damages on behalf of Dammy who rose to fame after attempting to have her name on the Guinness World Records for the longest hours of cooking a few months ago.

Adegoke who is the founder of an Ekiti based church, Spirit Word Global Mission, reportedly sponsored Dammy’s attempt to break Hilda Baci’s cook-a-thon record.

DAILY POST reports that controversy between Dammy and her pastor started in October, after the 24-year-old chef called out Billion Dollars Prophet on social media, saying he should be held responsible if anything happened to her.

The clergyman in a letter signed by his lawyers, Bisayo Sule & Co Legal Practitioners, and dated 23rd October 2023, demanded a retraction of the statement on social media and two widely read national dailies and payment of a sum of N22 million for defamation.

In another development on Thursday November 23, 2023, Chef Dammy was reportedly arrested by the police following an alleged petition filed against her by Adegoke.

However, in a suit filed by the DCR on November 24, Dammy was named as the applicant while Adegoke, Ajewole Samuel, the Ekiti State Commissioner of Police, and the Assistant Inspector General of Police, Zone 17 Akure, were named as respondents.

The lawsuit seeks a declaration that the continued harassment, molestation, threat of arrest and intimidation by the pastor and the Nigeria Police infringes on Dammy’s fundamental human rights.

DAILY POST

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adegoke Jeremiah: Ekiti Govt Sues Chef Dammy’s Pastor, Demands ₦10M Damages by atiku4President(m): 5:44pm On Nov 28, 2023
Na so? What is really the young lady's 'sin'? Is it that there's something people are not aware of or she didn't give the pastor any of the foods she cooked?

110 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Adegoke Jeremiah: Ekiti Govt Sues Chef Dammy’s Pastor, Demands ₦10M Damages by mrjoeblinks: 5:47pm On Nov 28, 2023
Ehen?
No comment!

1 Like

Re: Adegoke Jeremiah: Ekiti Govt Sues Chef Dammy’s Pastor, Demands ₦10M Damages by YourNextLevel(m): 5:48pm On Nov 28, 2023
All amounts to greed and firm

Also intimidation and ungratefulness

What a national !!!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adegoke Jeremiah: Ekiti Govt Sues Chef Dammy’s Pastor, Demands ₦10M Damages by Paraman: 5:48pm On Nov 28, 2023
god of man. I don't trust anybody, even in religious house.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adegoke Jeremiah: Ekiti Govt Sues Chef Dammy’s Pastor, Demands ₦10M Damages by DEXTROVERT: 5:48pm On Nov 28, 2023
God
Had
Finally
Picked
This
Girl
Call

Shame
To
That
So
Called
Pastor and followers
Bullying
This
Small
Girl

27 Likes

Re: Adegoke Jeremiah: Ekiti Govt Sues Chef Dammy’s Pastor, Demands ₦10M Damages by oluwaseyi0: 5:49pm On Nov 28, 2023
way to go, you can't just come and bully their girl in their state

35 Likes

Re: Adegoke Jeremiah: Ekiti Govt Sues Chef Dammy’s Pastor, Demands ₦10M Damages by Truths9ja: 5:50pm On Nov 28, 2023
Good one from Ekiti government counsel

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adegoke Jeremiah: Ekiti Govt Sues Chef Dammy’s Pastor, Demands ₦10M Damages by treatise: 5:50pm On Nov 28, 2023
atiku4President:
Na so? What is really the young lady's 'sin'? Is it that there's something people are not aware of or she didn't give the pastor any of the food she cooked?
Ask me nau?
Re: Adegoke Jeremiah: Ekiti Govt Sues Chef Dammy’s Pastor, Demands ₦10M Damages by davit: 5:50pm On Nov 28, 2023
Till now, we don't know what's the real brawl between Dammy and her Pastor. undecided

75 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adegoke Jeremiah: Ekiti Govt Sues Chef Dammy’s Pastor, Demands ₦10M Damages by ImoleNaija: 5:51pm On Nov 28, 2023
They should come out clean jàre & stop beating around the bush.

What's the fuss all about?

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adegoke Jeremiah: Ekiti Govt Sues Chef Dammy’s Pastor, Demands ₦10M Damages by eepeepook: 5:52pm On Nov 28, 2023
Last last, did she get a certificate to make all these runarounds justifiable? It doesn’t make sense. Hilda Baci didn’t face all these, why Dammy own come different?

1 Like

Re: Adegoke Jeremiah: Ekiti Govt Sues Chef Dammy’s Pastor, Demands ₦10M Damages by 2mininuP: 5:52pm On Nov 28, 2023
It won't take much time before we know what really transpired between the lady and the Prophet

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adegoke Jeremiah: Ekiti Govt Sues Chef Dammy’s Pastor, Demands ₦10M Damages by smilyice(m): 5:53pm On Nov 28, 2023
Maybe she refused to give her pastor ponmo , and now she is going global while billion dollar pastor is rotting somewhere in Ekiti... Hence the Envy

15 Likes

Re: Adegoke Jeremiah: Ekiti Govt Sues Chef Dammy’s Pastor, Demands ₦10M Damages by Olawade24: 5:53pm On Nov 28, 2023
Yeye da smell, infact the pastor da ment. Thank God say I don come IMO state come see my girl ginika, the kind fucc'k when I go fucc'k today even seun go jealous me.

But na risk I take o, all the way from osun to IMO. Chai Toto you do me this one.

10 Likes

Re: Adegoke Jeremiah: Ekiti Govt Sues Chef Dammy’s Pastor, Demands ₦10M Damages by Skillsnigeria: 5:54pm On Nov 28, 2023
Okay
Re: Adegoke Jeremiah: Ekiti Govt Sues Chef Dammy’s Pastor, Demands ₦10M Damages by KillahPriest: 5:55pm On Nov 28, 2023
The so called pastor's lawyers should have warned him against this folly from day one and now he's going to beg publicly.

Ps. Dammy is not a chef in any respect. Please stop insulting that profession cool

4 Likes

Re: Adegoke Jeremiah: Ekiti Govt Sues Chef Dammy’s Pastor, Demands ₦10M Damages by DOM7: 5:56pm On Nov 28, 2023
Don't begin to judge the man because she is a small girl, what the children of nowadays know and can do is beyond your imagination and sympathy, case of mesoma and the other one that hired thugs to killed her former employer should tell you something about these little ones, I'm a primary school teacher what these eyes have seen and what my ears heard hmmmm. Let the law have it's course!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adegoke Jeremiah: Ekiti Govt Sues Chef Dammy’s Pastor, Demands ₦10M Damages by atobs4real(m): 5:57pm On Nov 28, 2023
Pastor self wan cash out.
It's cash out time to milk the rich
Re: Adegoke Jeremiah: Ekiti Govt Sues Chef Dammy’s Pastor, Demands ₦10M Damages by atobs4real(m): 5:57pm On Nov 28, 2023
Pastor self wan cash out.
It's cash out time to milk the poor that rose to fame
Re: Adegoke Jeremiah: Ekiti Govt Sues Chef Dammy’s Pastor, Demands ₦10M Damages by osuofia2(m): 6:00pm On Nov 28, 2023
Relationship gone sour. She used to call the pastor daddy
Re: Adegoke Jeremiah: Ekiti Govt Sues Chef Dammy’s Pastor, Demands ₦10M Damages by fortunez1(m): 6:00pm On Nov 28, 2023
atiku4President:
Na so? What is really the young lady's 'sin'? Is it that there's something people are not aware of or she didn't give the pastor any of the food she cooked?
i'm also trying to get the real coco. But no body is saying anything , so it's a moda fuckn case.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adegoke Jeremiah: Ekiti Govt Sues Chef Dammy’s Pastor, Demands ₦10M Damages by Atarakpa: 6:01pm On Nov 28, 2023
You want to oppress the poor and you call yourself a man of God. God has risen oya come tell weda nah God call you or you call yourself. You that suppose live by a example, you are the one doing the opposite.

3 Likes

Re: Adegoke Jeremiah: Ekiti Govt Sues Chef Dammy’s Pastor, Demands ₦10M Damages by mabea: 6:01pm On Nov 28, 2023
Why would Ekiti govt sue the clergyman are they not both from the state?

1 Like

Re: Adegoke Jeremiah: Ekiti Govt Sues Chef Dammy’s Pastor, Demands ₦10M Damages by 2023NaijaVoter: 6:02pm On Nov 28, 2023
Worship God, don't Worship Money!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Crocodile Causes Scare At Kwara Council Secretariat / Odi Okojie Holds Road Show In Uromi To Drum Up Support For Ize-Iyamu / Atiku Abubakar: I Swear To Almighty God, I Will Restore Security In This Country

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.