Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba (42674 Views)

Another Church Member Exposes Tb Joshua's Dirty Secrets... A Must Watch / MFM Church Bride Weds Without Makeup, Rocks Makeup At Reception / Social Distancing At MFM Church In Aba Today (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba by NAC1666: 2:55pm On Nov 29, 2023
thorpido:
The Church rule is to put the horse before the cart.
Do the right thing and every other thing can follow.
But sometimes you can ride the horse without the Cart
Re: Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba by ufuosman(m): 3:05pm On Nov 29, 2023
Good for him
Re: Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba by Penisman: 3:07pm On Nov 29, 2023
So can we now call the wedding "Aba-made wedding"?
Re: Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba by atobs4real(m): 3:07pm On Nov 29, 2023
Jonathan:

HYPOCRITES

Will you like your daughter to marry as virgin or a WH0RE

You are just posting the same nonsense multiple time.
Only you, about 6 comments, SENSE DEY PAIN U??
Be fast to reason when responding to information.
Why is that your pain?
Re: Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba by Ekpekus(m): 3:11pm On Nov 29, 2023
Depsui:

This is nonsense. How does traditional marriage supercede church marriage?
Have you wondered why traditional marriage is a must before the church wedding? Have you asked yourself why the preacher always ask for the man (father) giving out the bride during the church wedding? Do you know that the marriage is valid, according to law if done traditionally.
Traditional marriage supercede the church wedding. Take that to the bank.
Re: Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba by djon78(m): 3:13pm On Nov 29, 2023
kingar:
You see traditional marriage and court wedding.
Thats all we need, church wedding is just waste of funds and sometimes inviting unnecessary problems

Church wedding is not biblical

No where in the Bible was the church given mandate to Wed people

Marriage has always been between the two families
That's traditional marriage

All these church wedding is practice the Churches took on there own

If I knew what I know now
I would have done only traditional marriage

Not wasting resources on so called white wedding to please the woman, her people and trends

1 Like

Re: Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba by Follybay(m): 3:13pm On Nov 29, 2023
I don't know why some people just like to always make a mountain out of a moll. It is the church doctrine that a lady should not be pregnant before marriage. so, it VERY SIMPLE, follow the church's doctrine and remain a member. Go against it and get punished. And if you cannot withstand the punishment, you walk away.

The issue of hypocrisy levelled against the church leaders that are there not members who are committing fornication does not hold water. God's Word that says "DO NOT FORNICATE'' have been preached to all and sundry. It now left for the members to follow the warnings. Even if they are engaging in the act and the church is still vehemently preaching against it, should the church now stoop so low to against it doctrine? Afterall, they were not sent away from being members, nor said they should not marry. The church simply made it known that the church leaders CANNOT JOIN them.

Anyway, the church leaders have done the needful by not 'lowering the standard', it is now left for the newly wedded couples to retrace their steps if truly they really know WHO THEY ARE AS CHRISTIANS.

1 Like

Re: Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba by djon78(m): 3:16pm On Nov 29, 2023
Ekpekus:

Have you wondered why traditional marriage is a must before the church wedding? Have you asked yourself why the preacher always ask for the man (father) giving out the bride during the church wedding? Do you know that the marriage is valid, according to law if done traditionally.
Traditional marriage supercede the church wedding. Take that to the bank.

Tell the guy to show you anywhere the Bible gave Church the mandate to Wed people

Wedding in the Bible has been between families more of traditional wedding
Re: Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba by femi4: 3:22pm On Nov 29, 2023
LadyRosa2:
grin

But they ought to have followed the church's rules.
Thats why I love Catholic Church, your wife fit wear gown today, enter labour room tomorrow. cheesy

Although its not encouraged to get pregnant before marriage, but the Catholic Church will still wed you,so as to discourage a " change of plans" that might hurt the pregnant woman and child tomorrow.
God's rule superceed Church's rule

1 Like

Re: Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba by Cjayboy: 3:34pm On Nov 29, 2023
Oh Lord, have mercy on us.
Re: Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba by Henrydata(m): 3:44pm On Nov 29, 2023
TechCapon:
grin

You have decided to be a slave to your pastor and church so take whatever embarrassment they give you. As for me, I'm not a slave to any pastor and I won't place myself in a situation where a person will embarrass me in the name of church. Is church marriage compulsory?

I wonder o my brother

Church wedding is really not compulsory

Traditional rites is the koko
Re: Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba by mosedgreat(m): 3:49pm On Nov 29, 2023
The church that cancel the wedding are indirectly encouraging abortion.
Re: Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba by jonadaft: 3:49pm On Nov 29, 2023
Mitsurugi:

And the fact that they have wedded traditionally? Abi the wedding where Jesus turned water to wine in Cana was a church wedding. Bros shut up and stop being a serpent
Wey rey
Re: Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba by OGHENAOGIE(m): 3:49pm On Nov 29, 2023
peteregwu:
The point is why was there marriage canceled? But I have no interest on that but if it was because of pregnancy before marriage or sex before marriage and they found out, the church did the right thing. No regret! No be one person wey leave church go make church fall.
It's the set rule of the church... That said once two family gather in agreement marriage has taken place.. perhaps it's time assemblies of God amend her rules... Will registry refused joining them cos of pregnancy??
Re: Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba by Kaycee9242(m): 3:51pm On Nov 29, 2023
LadyRosa2:
grin

Thats why I love Catholic Church, your wife fit wear gown today, enter labour room tomorrow. cheesy

Although its not encouraged to get pregnant before marriage, but the Catholic Church will still wed you,so as to discourage a " change of plans" that might hurt the pregnant woman and child tomorrow.

Yea the only difference is that the pregnant wife will not cover her face with veil

1 Like

Re: Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba by teejay29(m): 3:53pm On Nov 29, 2023
Life no hard
Re: Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba by iamjavadem(m): 3:57pm On Nov 29, 2023
In the same rein, a church cannot stop my wedding. Nobody lose. Na the new church gain member.
peteregwu:
The point is why was there marriage canceled? But I have no interest on that but if it was because of pregnancy before marriage or sex before marriage and they found out, the church did the right thing. No regret! No be one person wey leave church go make church fall.
Re: Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba by Mitsurugi(m): 4:07pm On Nov 29, 2023
Jonathan:

Wey rey

I gree
Re: Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba by soccerlite: 4:11pm On Nov 29, 2023
Their church rule sha

You will never hear reward for upright only punishment
Re: Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba by tete7000(m): 4:12pm On Nov 29, 2023
The church would have preferred that they abort the pregnancy.
Re: Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba by peteregwu(m): 4:16pm On Nov 29, 2023
iamjavadem:
In the same rein, a church cannot stop my wedding. Nobody lose. Na the new church gain member.

The new church didn't gain any member. They were just there for marriage and that is their motive and nothing more. One day, as time goes on, they will still leave the new church. Na just excitement of marriage they worry them, time would tell. You can't understand, we know the game they are playing. No be today na.
Re: Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba by soccerlite: 4:19pm On Nov 29, 2023
Follybay:

I don't know why some people just like to always make a mountain out of a moll. It is the church doctrine that a lady should not be pregnant before marriage. so, it VERY SIMPLE, follow the church's doctrine and remain a member. Go against it and get punished. And if you cannot withstand the punishment, you walk away.

The issue of hypocrisy levelled against the church leaders that are there not members who are committing fornication does not hold water. God's Word that says "DO NOT FORNICATE'' have been preached to all and sundry. It now left for the members to follow the warnings. Even if they are engaging in the act and the church is still vehemently preaching against it, should the church now stoop so low to against it doctrine? Afterall, they were not sent away from being members, nor said they should not marry. The church simply made it known that the church leaders CANNOT JOIN them.

Anyway, the church leaders have done the needful by not 'lowering the standard', it is now left for the newly wedded couples to retrace their steps if truly they really know WHO THEY ARE AS CHRISTIANS.

I want to ask the people that follow the church doctrine, what do the church do for them as reward?

Cos if there's punishment for offence there should reward for the faithfulness

How did they know that such punishment fit the offence

Well sha
Re: Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba by Bahamas95(m): 4:28pm On Nov 29, 2023
I don't even know what these churches want.

This is why some of these women commit abortion just because they wanna get married. I wonder if wedding with pregnancy is worse than murder.......The annoying thing is that this wedding stuff is not even our culture, it's a white man's thing.
Re: Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba by peteregwu(m): 4:32pm On Nov 29, 2023
Bahamas95:
I don't even know what these churches want.

This is why some of these women commit abortion just because they wanna get married. I wonder if wedding with pregnancy is worse than murder.......The annoying thing is that this wedding stuff is not even our culture, it's a white man's thing.

Every believer in christ has the responsibility to be faithful. Not everyone will make heaven. Abortion this, abortion that, you are the one that will face the judgment. No be church go beg you make u no commit abortion. The church duty is to preach holiness, no be by force to obey but when the judgment comes, na you wey commit evil go face am.
Re: Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba by newoffer: 4:45pm On Nov 29, 2023
Reason why DNA stories dey sup later
LadyRosa2:
grin

Re: Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba by EvangelistChuks(m): 5:03pm On Nov 29, 2023
The universe and all it’s constituent parts are from the base to the complex ordered and structured.Please don’t listen to people advising you to disobey God cos some of them are in fraternities and one of the intrinsic essence of a fraternity is order.
In fraternities,you may lose your if you go out of order.
Please DON’T listen to them cos the one advising otherwise might be a slave .
Re: Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba by Agugbadin: 5:07pm On Nov 29, 2023
Congratulations
Re: Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba by stormborn28(m): 5:12pm On Nov 29, 2023
Dsparker:
That is not right. So long as the traditional rites have been done then they are married..... Moreover cancelling it few hours to the wedding.....that is appalling. They would have gone ahead even if it outside the church and then privately take actions.

Meanwhile people are still fornicating in that church, hypocrites everywhere, the pastor will be pained...

Hmmmmmm

1 Like

Re: Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba by Nodogragra4me(m): 5:26pm On Nov 29, 2023
TechCapon:
grin

You have decided to be a slave to your pastor and church so take whatever embarrassment they give you. As for me, I'm not a slave to any pastor and I won't place myself in a situation where a person will embarrass me in the name of church. Is church marriage compulsory?

S
Keyboard warrior
Re: Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba by miqos02(m): 5:34pm On Nov 29, 2023
Re: Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba by chris51(f): 5:40pm On Nov 29, 2023
LadyRosa2:
grin

As long as the traditional marriage is done, Catholic church will wed you.
Re: Couple Whose Wedding Was Cancelled Over Pregnancy Weds In Another Church In Aba by chris51(f): 5:40pm On Nov 29, 2023
chris51:

As long as the traditional marriage is done, Catholic church will wed you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is Masturbation A Sin?. / Rev King To Die By Hanging: Supreme-Court Orders / We Have Been Lied To The Earth Is Flat And Not A Globe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.