Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,070 members, 7,814,700 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget (43535 Views)

Peter Obi Compares Nigeria’s Budget, Poverty Rate With China’s. Is He Correct? / Here Are The 10 Ministries Planning To Spend 86% Of Nigeria’s Budget In 2024 / 75% Of Nigeria’s Budget Lost To Corruption – Forensic Experts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by nedu666: 8:57pm On Nov 29, 2023
PepeXKermit:

I have never seen anyone who does well, make reasonable amount of comfortable money get angry that people who are citizens in same country move from location to location. My brother prove me wrong that you earn more than 100k a month, i will double your monthly income to any account of your choosing....

Ignore that cretin. They tell you that you lgbos come to sw to succeed, you begin to wonder if success was that easy that it can be found in the sw, how come there are millions of Nigerians still struggling to make even 30k a month in the same sw region
Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by tsdarkside(m): 8:58pm On Nov 29, 2023
PepeXKermit:

I have never seen anyone who does well, make reasonable amount of comfortable money get angry that people who are citizens in same country move from location to location. My brother prove me wrong that you earn more than 100k a month, i will double your monthly income to any account of your choosing....

what are you are talking about....??

stay in your region if you are doing soo well....!!

wetin be wahala sef....??
why would anybody move away from where they are doing well go land in a place where they are not doing well....??

does that even make sense to you....
Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by casualobserver: 8:59pm On Nov 29, 2023
nedu666:

You are delusional. How can you say there are millions of Nigerians who make 10 to 20 million annually. Where exactly are those people working or what business are they doing. Cbn report way back when economy was still OK showed less than 2 million Nigerians had 1 million and above in their account while over 44 million had 500k and below

You are the one who is delusional. The vast majority of the Nigerian economy is in the informal sector.

Don’t underestimate people because they are not wearing a suit going to office.

10-20m a year is not a lot of money. You will be shocked how much these people make.

Even if it is 5m you make a year you should pay taxes of 1m. 5m is 400k a month

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by tsdarkside(m): 9:01pm On Nov 29, 2023
casualobserver:

You are the one who is delusional. The vast majority of the Nigerian economy is in the informal sector.

10-20m a year is not a lot of money. You will be shocked how much these people make.

they like to always show off thats why they cant believe that others can do well too without showin off....

its a igbo thing showin off....
my igbo girlfriend is the same way too....

she always want to show off that she is not doing bad....
Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by emperor4love(m): 9:02pm On Nov 29, 2023
Wetin una politician de loot yearly pass una budget, so stop comparing us with this countries because dem utilise there own and is been seen by people
Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by tsdarkside(m): 9:05pm On Nov 29, 2023
emperor4love:
Wetin una politician de loot yearly pass una budget, so stop comparing us with this countries because dem utilise there own and is been seen by people

when fee dee fee was still in charge....yes....

thats why you igbos would risk your lifes for money although you know when caught it could cost you your life....
you still risk it....

no amount of money can make me risk my life....

noo thank you....
i rather die poor and in peace....

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by Oladhips(m): 9:07pm On Nov 29, 2023
Mehn! We got a long way to go
Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by nedu666: 9:10pm On Nov 29, 2023
casualobserver:

Even if it is 5m you make a year you should pay taxes of 1m. 5m is 400k a month

You see why I said you are delusional. You said 10-20m is not a lot of money in Nigeria. I am telling you that if millions of Nigerians are making that amount where are they keeping their money because its definitely not in the bank. A country were sale of brand new cars is still in tens of thousands definitely does not show millions make 20 m a year
Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by tsdarkside(m): 9:11pm On Nov 29, 2023
nedu666:

You see why I said you are delusional. You said 10-20m is not a lot of money in Nigeria. I am telling you that if millions of Nigerians are making that amount where are they keeping their money because its definitely not in the bank. A country were sale of brand new cars is still in tens of thousands definitely does not show millions make 20 m a year

you are a moroon anyways....
i remember you from other threads....

you are always talkin rubbish....
Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by JaskanFactor: 9:12pm On Nov 29, 2023
you are comparing the budget of the black people at the bottom of the food chain with the budget of oyinbo people and thier arab and SA cousins.
Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by benjaminlawson(m): 9:12pm On Nov 29, 2023
abdeefggh:

Reno omokri on x

Omokri, you part of the people that improve rise Nigeria, and all Mighty God will deal with you according to you hypocrite. When you are pursuing Buhari up and down, we thought you have the interest of Nigeria at heart, without knowing that you are hungry of appointment. This government you now want to die for, Buhari government have not done one quarter of what they have done in term of pain they inflicted on Nigerians with subsidy remover and aimless floating of our currency. While they told us to endure pain, they are using billions of naira to renovate unoccupied houses, buying yacht, expensive cars, traveling aimlessly like Ajala, just to mention a few. With all these, you are willing to defend the failed government because of your stomach. Help us to ask your government omokri, for how long we are to endure this hardship.
Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by Basicend: 9:16pm On Nov 29, 2023
madmohamed:
not as Nigeria

It is because whites just left them fee years ago. . A black has a disease of greed and corruption.
Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by gare(f): 9:22pm On Nov 29, 2023
Catapault:

My friend will you shut up there.

Where and how did you calculate that 70% of the budget is stolen?

You people just come in here and type nonsense.

The most that is stolen is between 20 and 30 percent, if that.

Anything more than that and we would need international food aid and Red Cross plus UN here.

The NUMBER 1 problem of Nigeria is NOT corruption.

It is that we don’t earn enough as a country.

The oil money is a pittance for our huge population.

Are you Reno, out problem is not corruption, so tell us what the problem is idiot, the little you earn what did you do with it , even if you earn do much they will only increase what would be stolen, can you tell me why 0ver 2trillion was spent on turn around maintenance of our refineries but still we can not refine a liter of PMS, idiot do you know that money would have been enough to build a new refinery that would surpass the existing production capacity of all Three refineries.

And you open your dirty mouth and tell me corruption is not the problem, ok what is the reason why we still don't earn enough?

If you are Reno, then you must be a very big idiot
Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by 2elliot: 9:22pm On Nov 29, 2023
nairalanda1:

Thanks for being so abusive for nothing, when I did not abuse you

Good evening.
No vex, chairman. Na just sey I no gbadu your comment. But e clear sey, you be correct man for how you handle me comment.
Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by Burgermotors: 9:23pm On Nov 29, 2023
How , please tell me how, when the little we have can not be well manage, we need accountability in this country
Dialpad:
We need to find ways to generate more revenue...

Sleeping giant ....
Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by PepeXKermit: 9:26pm On Nov 29, 2023
tsdarkside:

what are you are talking about....??

stay in your region if you are doing soo well....!!

wetin be wahala sef....??
why would anybody move away from where they are doing well go land in a place where they are not doing well....??

does that even make sense to you....
Prove to me you make at least 100k, i will pay you 200k to any acc of your choosing..
Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by casualobserver: 9:37pm On Nov 29, 2023
nedu666:

Can you buy a new car with 10-20m a year? Ordinary new corolla is about N40m

Like I said. It is not a lot of money when you think about it. People who make that still struggle. A lot of people make that just that it may not come at once or there are those e.g contractors or estate agents for whom they struggle for months without income and then they get 1 deal and that’s their income for the year.

Like I said do not underestimate the informal sector. Look the other day I asked a girl who does POS how much do you make from this your business, she told me an average of N3k a day. Now don’t twist my words, I am not saying a POS operator is well off or comparing them to people making 10-20m a year but she makes 100k a month. Many low income government workers do not make 100k a month. Many drivers, cooks, and formally employed workers do t make 100k a month. So the point is don’t underestimate the informal sector. The mechanics, the spare parts sellers, the restaurant owners, the caterers etc

That you are making 10-20m does not mean you aren’t struggling but there are millions who make that a year in the informal sector. In fact it is often said that if the informal sector is properly captured out GDP would be close to $1trillion already. There are many people who make 1m a month but you may not realize they do because as it comes in it goes out. It’s not like a salaried man who gets a lump salary every month. For example If you make average 50k a day in your informal sector business, you are making 12-15m a year but you won’t realize it because as you are making that 50k, day to day expense eat into it so you may not quite realize because what is left isn’t much.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by salem1996: 9:43pm On Nov 29, 2023
tsdarkside:

diezani was not corrupt....she was just savin the money for una....

stella was not stealin,she was just lookin for the money for you....
dasuki did nothing wrong,its our paranoia....

we don hear....

Why the guilt as though your name was mentioned cheesy
Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by victorsola: 9:43pm On Nov 29, 2023
madmohamed:
the country you Manton is working properly Nigeria is not working 80 percent of the money will be stolen by our criminal politicians

In South Africa all eyes 👀 will be on any project but in Nigeria they will keep on budgeting billion for one project for 20 years

Loke our refinery our roads east west road Lagos abiokute road onitsha Enugu road many of them did you know how mush past government spends on that project still nothing working something will not happen in South Africa and Egypt

Our politicians are more than arm robbers they need to be ston to death
the budget is small. How can you compare a family of 3 spending200k to a family of 7 spending 50k . Poverty will define finish such family . That’s is the problem with nija

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by Melagros(m): 9:48pm On Nov 29, 2023
Dialpad:
We need to find ways to generate more revenue...

Sleeping giant ....
I dey tell you
Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by Fearyourcreator: 9:58pm On Nov 29, 2023
abdeefggh:
We have a long way to go
Nigeria should not be having less than $500 for 200m people... That 37b sef you will see people thinking it should build and maintain every once....
Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by Fearyourcreator: 9:59pm On Nov 29, 2023
Phantom233:
It's not about how much you budget but what you actually do with the money. Even if we're given 500billion dollars yearly, our extremly corrupt and wicked Apc political rulers and Allies will reloot the monies without any tangible results
Oga e go show abeg ... So oyinbo no dey embezzle ni... Dey play ooo....
Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by Fearyourcreator: 9:59pm On Nov 29, 2023
IgOga:

Seriously grin grin grin grin
Make them no kuku do budget again then make them no loot am
Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by Fearyourcreator: 10:00pm On Nov 29, 2023
Corn247:
And this Nigeria's budgets is mostly borrowed.

Sorry to say, this is what you get when you have huge unproductive population, population that thinks they are smart and intelligent by importing what we should be forced to produce and export .

Am telling you,
Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by Fearyourcreator: 10:01pm On Nov 29, 2023
Ogene001:

A population that praise Chinese and lebanese industrialization in Ogun who pack Nigeria money to their countries but mock Nnewi and Aba for their indegenous efforts
Those ones with fake ...
Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by Fearyourcreator: 10:02pm On Nov 29, 2023
richiemcgold:
I've been saying this for donkey years that Nigeria is not as rich and financially bouyant as many Nigerians think we are.

..in a nutshell, Nigeria is a poor country with massive potentials
You really sabi
Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by Fearyourcreator: 10:05pm On Nov 29, 2023
Neckpresser101:

Lol IGR is just tax

Tax is usually not up to 1 percent of Thier earnings it can be paid indirectly by adding the value to the goods

You're a SW!ne and thus not Economically sound to know that most companies there remit most of their money back home

No wonder Anambra has better GDP than Ogun because the money stay around

Secondary school economics
Who dey calculate una yeye GDP
Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by ceejayluv(m): 10:18pm On Nov 29, 2023
Phantom233:
It's not about how much you budget but what you actually do with the money. Even if we're given 500billion dollars yearly, our extremly corrupt and wicked Apc political rulers and Allies will reloot the monies without any tangible results
Corruption coupled with the peanut budget... it's A laughable situation.
Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by kingfisher2(m): 10:19pm On Nov 29, 2023
its nice but the truth is that half of that budget money will end up stolen or put into some non priority project or worst into some ghost project
Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by ceejayluv(m): 10:23pm On Nov 29, 2023
nedu666:

Tens of thousands?... Maybe you're talking of pre - 2015.
Imported of cars via the seaport , both used and Brand New , are not up to 5,000 this year so far
Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by Enaibe01: 10:36pm On Nov 29, 2023
85% of the Nigeria budget will be borrowed and 60% of it will be stollen
Re: Nigeria's Budget Vs Other African Countries Budget by amazingspiderma: 10:47pm On Nov 29, 2023
Two family men A and B.Both with 4 children.
A trains his children in school to minimum BSc. They all grow up with increased income, better health, opportunities etc.
B does not care about training his children till they leave home. They fave the world not even prepared on how to fit in.

In two generation A will have grandchildren as billionaire, while B will have grandchildren in the wrong end of the law, poor and hopeless.

The greatest capital of any nation is the people.

We simply don't have enough people to tax, so they increase the tax burden on those who are already paying previously.

As for the resources, most of our people are not skilled enough to mine them or add value to them before selling.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala & Her Husband At Democratic Party Convention In USA (pics) / Lagos APC Primary Turns Bloody, Party Chairman & Others Brutally Beaten (Photos) / Abba Kyari Storms Kaduna To Help Catch Killers Of Agwom Adara(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.