Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,177 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:52 AM

Tinubu Targets 18% GDP Growth In His First Budget As President - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Targets 18% GDP Growth In His First Budget As President (6247 Views)

Buhari Goofs On Reelection Date, GDP Growth Projection - The Cable / GDP Growth Rate Of West Africa, Nigeria Becomes Last On The List / 2019 Elections: Lagos records lowest voter turnout at 18%, Jigawa tops - Punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Targets 18% GDP Growth In His First Budget As President by FLYFIRE(m): 3:26pm On Nov 29, 2023
CHICAGO FORMULA

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Targets 18% GDP Growth In His First Budget As President by Tochi3(m): 3:27pm On Nov 29, 2023
Wickedtruths:

Senseless wailing from the usual suspects

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Targets 18% GDP Growth In His First Budget As President by baralatie(m): 3:27pm On Nov 29, 2023
Na for where him talk am

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Targets 18% GDP Growth In His First Budget As President by tishbite42: 3:27pm On Nov 29, 2023
This man is overdosed on his own Chicago supply
18% ke

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Targets 18% GDP Growth In His First Budget As President by Tochi3(m): 3:28pm On Nov 29, 2023
Timmi:

What you chop is your business whether akpu, onofia or Amala
emikolliatives nko grin grin

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Targets 18% GDP Growth In His First Budget As President by JuanDeDios: 3:28pm On Nov 29, 2023
degamonn:
He must be referring to nominal GDP growth rate and not the real.
Of course. Not that it makes much difference. Double digit growth is a mirage for now - and for as long as the fundamental problems are not addressed.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Targets 18% GDP Growth In His First Budget As President by Roger3D(m): 3:29pm On Nov 29, 2023
18% growth? That's laughable grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Targets 18% GDP Growth In His First Budget As President by Khyrvxjzy: 3:29pm On Nov 29, 2023
WhisperedNoise:
You don't wish for 18% GDP growth by purchasing cars of billions for your cronies. Neither do you do it by saying empty parables.

How will you sustain GDP growth when there's no infrastructure? No electricity, expensive fuel, bad roads and terrible security.

You can't wish these things into existence. Buhari said way more than these and the economy nosedived under his evil purview.

igbo
Re: Tinubu Targets 18% GDP Growth In His First Budget As President by JuanDeDios: 3:29pm On Nov 29, 2023
Roger3D:
18% growth? That's laughable grin
It is. Under the present realities.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Targets 18% GDP Growth In His First Budget As President by Benwallt(m): 3:29pm On Nov 29, 2023
WhisperedNoise:
You don't wish for 18% GDP growth by purchasing cars of billions for your cronies. Neither do you do it by saying empty parables.

How will you sustain GDP growth when there's no infrastructure? No electricity, expensive fuel, bad roads and terrible security.

You can't wish these things into existence. Buhari said way more than these and the economy nosedived under his evil purview.

Are you even aware that the man is presenting the first budget of his administration?

Will all you listed turn good overnight?

Your erosion ravaged region cannot be fixed in the next 50 years.

Think before you talk
Re: Tinubu Targets 18% GDP Growth In His First Budget As President by Wickedtruths: 3:30pm On Nov 29, 2023
Khyrvxjzy:

joyandfaith
Igbodicool
phorget
bigpicture001
TINUBUISMAD
Chiefpriestt
Joy2dworldxyz

we have bring it

Those ones will die crying.
Re: Tinubu Targets 18% GDP Growth In His First Budget As President by Faposky95: 3:30pm On Nov 29, 2023
WhisperedNoise:

...and even our wishes can't find beggars to ride
Re: Tinubu Targets 18% GDP Growth In His First Budget As President by slivertongue: 3:35pm On Nov 29, 2023
I hope it works out. but honestly I doubt 8% is possible looking at the pre-bendal governance process
Re: Tinubu Targets 18% GDP Growth In His First Budget As President by RepoMan007: 3:35pm On Nov 29, 2023
That GDP must include omo-onile fee and loots.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Targets 18% GDP Growth In His First Budget As President by casualobserver: 3:38pm On Nov 29, 2023
iWitnessLive:

He said 3.6% growth

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Targets 18% GDP Growth In His First Budget As President by BobbieZion(m): 3:38pm On Nov 29, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Awesome!! It's doable Mr President.

With petrol subsidy gone, importation of petrol gone and era of using our hard-earned forex to defend overvalued USD on the streets gone, amongst many other rent-seeking monetary and fiscal policies gradually being vanquished by your team of brilliant, hardworking, competent and patriotic members.

The creative ingenuity of a patriotic Nigerian will being unleashed.

The naysayers, unpatriotic elements, criminal defamers and cyberbullies will neither see it nor benefit from the benefits of all these progress.

God bless Nigeria for ever! Check my signature for free stuffs!

Why are you used to saying trash.........

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Targets 18% GDP Growth In His First Budget As President by ablejesus26(m): 3:39pm On Nov 29, 2023
Wickedtruths:

Senseless wailing from the usual suspects

Forget about the nigga you quoted.
Forget about my criminal president Tinubu.
Forget about all the wailing wey you dey shout upandan bcus in reality na the ones wey dey shout wailer upandan hunger dey shift their waist pass grin😀

Reality is the evil APC disaster has no intention to make Nija better not to talk about great.
The sponsoring thought to the creation and come together of APC was to take power from PDP and now to keep it at all cost.

May the strongest survive.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Targets 18% GDP Growth In His First Budget As President by WhisperedNoise: 3:42pm On Nov 29, 2023
Benwallt:

Are you even aware that the man is presenting the first budget of his administration?

Will all you listed turn good overnight?

Your erosion ravaged region cannot be fixed in the next 50 years.

Think before you talk
Lol. Do you know where I'm from? Because I'm criticizing a ridiculous budget, I'm suddenly Igbo? The insanity you're beckoning on will soon consume you. Continue.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Targets 18% GDP Growth In His First Budget As President by WhisperedNoise: 3:43pm On Nov 29, 2023
Khyrvxjzy:

igbo
Check my comment. Check yours. Find the correlation and see whether your stupid, tribalistic comment made any sense. If no, you need a brain check up

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Targets 18% GDP Growth In His First Budget As President by Benwallt(m): 3:46pm On Nov 29, 2023
WhisperedNoise:

Lol. Do you know where I'm from? Because I'm criticizing a ridiculous budget, I'm suddenly Igbo? The insanity you're beckoning on will soon consume you. Continue.

The stupidity and thoughtlessness contained in your message identifies you as Igbo. Even if you are not before, you are now.
Re: Tinubu Targets 18% GDP Growth In His First Budget As President by waveman2: 3:47pm On Nov 29, 2023
Mr president just get our electricity supply on 24hrs,our refineries producing and working optimally for your first four years then you should be good to go.stop sharing free money to your supporters people should work for their money that will give the naira some form of value.Stop defending the naira.
Re: Tinubu Targets 18% GDP Growth In His First Budget As President by SpaceTour: 3:51pm On Nov 29, 2023
Economy
Re: Tinubu Targets 18% GDP Growth In His First Budget As President by mascot87(m): 3:51pm On Nov 29, 2023
Tochi3:
...everywhere, everyday, everytime na LAMBA..lies, deceit & propaganda taken to emilokan levels..

...meanwhile Thief'nubu wants sane Nigerians to be chopping only statistics.. grin grin

..Na statistics we go chop

- Thief'nubu

People like you have been fraudsters, liars, thieves and rogues all your life and that is the standard you maintain but you forgot that not everyone is like you. Your mind and head is so rotten that you cannot think of you doing anything good a d progressive in life not to talk of someone else

Re: Tinubu Targets 18% GDP Growth In His First Budget As President by 77up(m): 3:51pm On Nov 29, 2023
Nigerians need to do this man some love by stop all the hateful comments and names calling, we all need to give him some time to write the wrongs.

God bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Targets 18% GDP Growth In His First Budget As President by WhisperedNoise: 3:52pm On Nov 29, 2023
Benwallt:

The stupidity and thoughtlessness contained in your message identifies you as Igbo. Even if you are not before, you are now.

Lol. So I can be "trans-ethnic"? I can switch my ethnicity at will? Think about what you just said and weep for your future.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Targets 18% GDP Growth In His First Budget As President by BigIyanga: 3:55pm On Nov 29, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Awesome!! It's doable Mr President.

With petrol subsidy gone, importation of petrol gone and era of using our hard-earned forex to defend overvalued USD on the streets gone, amongst many other rent-seeking monetary and fiscal policies gradually being vanquished by your team of brilliant, hardworking, competent and patriotic members.

The creative ingenuity of a patriotic Nigerian will being unleashed.

The naysayers, unpatriotic elements, criminal defamers and cyberbullies will neither see it nor benefit from the benefits of all these progress.

God bless Nigeria for ever! Check my signature for free stuffs!
Not doable. Govt spending only accounts for about 7% of out aggregate gdp.. and subsidy is about 1/4 of 1% of total govt spending. Growing GDP doesn't start from subsidy removal, which by the way, has been factored into our current GDP.
For our gdp to grow @18%, we would need 10 new Dangotes, 10 new MTNs, 10 new Zenith banks..etc.
By the way, APC govt hasnt grown Naija economy beyond 4% in any given year. BAT is dreaming

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Targets 18% GDP Growth In His First Budget As President by TINUBUISMAD: 3:55pm On Nov 29, 2023
Wickedtruths:

Those ones will die crying.
You are very stewpid and useless at the same time fuul

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Targets 18% GDP Growth In His First Budget As President by OgaFactCheck: 3:56pm On Nov 29, 2023
Tinubu never said 18%. It was less than 4% GDP growth prediction (he actually said a minimum of 3.76%). The OP is deliberately spreading Misinformation knowing that many people will not read or watch the video. There is no where in the video posted where Tinubu said there will be 18% growth rate. I guess the goal is to mock whatever growth rate he eventually achieve using this post as a reference point. Do not always rely on headlines. Most of them are coined for malicious intents.

Check the fu transcript of the speech.

https://www.nairaland.com/7925976/tinubus-2024-budget-speech-full

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Targets 18% GDP Growth In His First Budget As President by OgaFactCheck: 4:02pm On Nov 29, 2023
BigIyanga:

Not doable. Govt spending only accounts for about 7% of out aggregate gdp.. and subsidy is about 1/4 of 1% of total govt spending. Growing GDP doesn't start from subsidy removal, which by the way, has been factored into our current GDP.
For our gdp to grow @18%, we would need 10 new Dangotes, 10 new MTNs, 10 new Zenith banks..etc.
By the way, APC govt hasnt grown Naija economy beyond 4% in any given year. BAT is dreaming

Tinubu never said 18%. He actually said the economy is expected to grow by a minimum of 3.76%. This is exactly the way they said that Buhari promised N1 to 1$. It is a deliberate Misinformation.

Check the transcript of the full speech here

https://www.nairaland.com/7925976/tinubus-2024-budget-speech-full

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Targets 18% GDP Growth In His First Budget As President by Themanleshey: 4:05pm On Nov 29, 2023
Brendaniel:

Oga, it is not by talk only, if it was by talk only, by now 1 naira would have been equal to 1 dollar and graduates would have been earning 5 thousand monthly for being jobless, I know these 2 promises I mentioned ring a bell in your memory....

Sense is far from all of you shouting 1 naira is 1 dollar or 1 pounds lol

Is it by one dollar to one naira , when one pounds was equivalent to 1 naira . How many Nigerians can afford to have 1,000 naira in their account ? How much was car sold for , less that 1,000 naira and 80 % citizens could not afford to still buy it .

You just been shouting dollar this dollar that like because una no know what’s up .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Targets 18% GDP Growth In His First Budget As President by Benwallt(m): 4:08pm On Nov 29, 2023
WhisperedNoise:

Lol. So I can be "trans-ethnic"? I can switch my ethnicity at will? Think about what you just said and weep for your future.

If you like, place yourself as multi or hydra- ethnic and switch you ethnicity like weather, it won't remove the stupidity inherent in you as a thoughtless and lowdown homo sapien.

Future? A future with beings like you is a catastrophic one.
Re: Tinubu Targets 18% GDP Growth In His First Budget As President by Wickedtruths: 4:09pm On Nov 29, 2023
TINUBUISMAD:

You are very stewpid and useless at the same time fuul

Loser of biafra don open akpu mouth dey cry again.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Edo 2024: PDP Rakes In N175 Million As Shaibu, Others Pick Nomination Forms / Igbo Member Of Boko Haram Arrested, Bomb Factory Found Print / Pictures Of Fence Where Charles Okah Escaped Prison From In Kuje Prison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.