Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,033 members, 7,814,525 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

Alex Otti Inspects Federal Road Construction On Enugu-Aba-Port Harcourt Road - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alex Otti Inspects Federal Road Construction On Enugu-Aba-Port Harcourt Road (15861 Views)

Otti Takes Inspection Tour Of Aba-port Harcourt Expressway Reconstruction (pix) / Governor Otti To Flag-Off Reconstruction Of Aba-Port Harcourt Road / Fashola Inspects Reconstruction Of Enugu - Port Harcourt Road (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alex Otti Inspects Federal Road Construction On Enugu-Aba-Port Harcourt Road by SEO2002: 8:23am On Nov 30, 2023
donbrowser:
Can anyone mention 1 thing this man has achieved?

Edit
I asked an harmless question. Instead of answering, they are insulting me. Come and present Alex Otti for president make we see na
stup!d p!g.
Ask your use.less mother what she has achieved in her use.less lifetime. B@$t@rd

1 Like

Re: Alex Otti Inspects Federal Road Construction On Enugu-Aba-Port Harcourt Road by ariesbull: 8:23am On Nov 30, 2023
Donvictor2015:
You're right bro. The whites build to last.

Lol when our own people are using substandard materials and cutting corners....

Ordinary house go Check out any new Federal housing estate built by our people and see how shaky the house are and check the old housing estates built by this white....
I will rather prefer engineers from Benin Republic
Re: Alex Otti Inspects Federal Road Construction On Enugu-Aba-Port Harcourt Road by Cjayboy: 8:34am On Nov 30, 2023
Hhahahahah..
Re: Alex Otti Inspects Federal Road Construction On Enugu-Aba-Port Harcourt Road by ppogba: 8:40am On Nov 30, 2023
Alex Otti is less than a year as a governor and he has found a way to get the FG rehabilitate roads in his domain.

Obaseki is busy crying up and down that FG is doing nothing in his domain after being in office for seven years.

Indeed, there are governors and there are governors.
Re: Alex Otti Inspects Federal Road Construction On Enugu-Aba-Port Harcourt Road by donbrowser(m): 8:41am On Nov 30, 2023
Freebills12:
[color=#000099][/color]

He has constructed 4 good roads. I am not talking of ongoing ones. Abia needs better roads because they are mainly traders. I am not talking of other things like water corporation, hospital which rebranding, sea port etc. Road is the number one priority what Abians need. Just like what Ngige in Anambra

Can you mention the 4 roads? Thanks
Re: Alex Otti Inspects Federal Road Construction On Enugu-Aba-Port Harcourt Road by Rossikk(m): 8:44am On Nov 30, 2023
Simeonjoe1:

E tire me O.
No indigenous government or private own mega infrastructure enterprise.
Na to dey busy Mumu estate for only Lagos and Abuja them sabi. Even skyscrapers we can't build.

Our bane of infrastructural development is lack of the indigenous expertise. Imagine printing 23 trn naira and paying it to foreign construction firms for capital flight, it's comes with its inflation and forex pressure

A Nigerian firm built this skyscraper in Uyo.

2 Likes

Re: Alex Otti Inspects Federal Road Construction On Enugu-Aba-Port Harcourt Road by Rossikk(m): 8:46am On Nov 30, 2023
andyanders:
The officials that gave out the contract, want to get their own cut in dollars, just like NFF does. Corruption by polliticians. That is just their reasons for getting the white guys to handle the jobs.

Yeah, this makes sense.
Re: Alex Otti Inspects Federal Road Construction On Enugu-Aba-Port Harcourt Road by Rossikk(m): 8:58am On Nov 30, 2023
inoki247:

Ordinary house go Check out any new Federal housing estate built by our people and see how shaky the house are and check the old housing estates built by this white....

This is not a good enough reason.

Give the contract to local firms and SCRUTINIZE THEM, AND WARN THEM of deadly consequences to their chairman and his staff if any investigation uncovers substandard construction.

By the time you jail or execute one CEO for sabotage, the rest will take note.

1 Like

Re: Alex Otti Inspects Federal Road Construction On Enugu-Aba-Port Harcourt Road by Johnchrix(m): 9:06am On Nov 30, 2023
Abia has finally seen the light.

1 Like

Re: Alex Otti Inspects Federal Road Construction On Enugu-Aba-Port Harcourt Road by blesdman(m): 9:18am On Nov 30, 2023
Rossikk:
I don't understand why we need these whites or Asians around to be building our roads in this day and age.

What do they teach civil engineering students in all the universities we have?

If e no dey shame una, e dey shame me. undecided
It is so appalling our civil engineers no Sabi enforce good work
Re: Alex Otti Inspects Federal Road Construction On Enugu-Aba-Port Harcourt Road by Fuckyoumod: 9:25am On Nov 30, 2023
HIPROFILE:

He should sit there and allow Wike and his boys to impeach him just because he refused Wikes dubious request huh?
the same dubious process that brought him in, in the first place.

Wike wrote election result in that same Government house in favour of SIM.

Wike gave him multiple promotions in the Rivers State civil service, the like that has never happened before in Rivers history.

Then it wasn't dubious, now it's dubious.

Do you think Sim or Wike cares about Rivers people? Sharing formula is what is causing their rift, for their personal interests and not for the people.
Re: Alex Otti Inspects Federal Road Construction On Enugu-Aba-Port Harcourt Road by lomprico(m): 9:25am On Nov 30, 2023
Rossikk:
I don't understand why we need these whites or Asians around to be building our roads in this day and age.

If Dem give am your brother he go pour mud for the road and say he work don finish.
Re: Alex Otti Inspects Federal Road Construction On Enugu-Aba-Port Harcourt Road by SSpeter(m): 9:32am On Nov 30, 2023
inoki247:

don't say what you know nothing about. It is all about funding
Re: Alex Otti Inspects Federal Road Construction On Enugu-Aba-Port Harcourt Road by SSpeter(m): 9:34am On Nov 30, 2023
lomprico:

If Dem give am your brother he go pour mud for the road and say he work don finish.
That's not true, construction costs a lot of money and government do not pay on time, our Nigerian banks can't survive under such stress, but these Chinese companies can because they get funded from their home countries and can spread payments over a very long period

1 Like

Re: Alex Otti Inspects Federal Road Construction On Enugu-Aba-Port Harcourt Road by SSpeter(m): 9:35am On Nov 30, 2023
blesdman:

It is so appalling our civil engineers no Sabi enforce good work
That's not true, construction costs a lot of money and government do not pay on time, our Nigerian banks can't survive under such stress, but these Chinese companies can because they get funded from their home countries and can spread payments over a very long period

1 Like

Re: Alex Otti Inspects Federal Road Construction On Enugu-Aba-Port Harcourt Road by SSpeter(m): 9:35am On Nov 30, 2023
Rossikk:

This is not a good enough reason.

Give the contract to local firms and SCRUTINIZE THEM, AND WARN THEM of deadly consequences to their chairman and his staff if any investigation uncovers substandard construction.

By the time you jail or execute one CEO for sabotage, the rest will take note.

Re: Alex Otti Inspects Federal Road Construction On Enugu-Aba-Port Harcourt Road by lomprico(m): 9:36am On Nov 30, 2023
SSpeter:

So who's fault is it?
Re: Alex Otti Inspects Federal Road Construction On Enugu-Aba-Port Harcourt Road by DEBJOCH1(m): 9:38am On Nov 30, 2023
FOR THOSE OF YOU CONDENMING THOSE CHINESE AND INDIANS ENGINEERS OR CONSTRUCTION WORKERS, I WILL ADVISE YOU TO CONDEMN THEM NO MORE. THEY GIVE YOU WANT YOU WANT UNLIKE OUR NIGERIAN BROTHER'S WHO AFTER TELLING THEM WHAT YOU WANT THEY WILL CUT CONNERS TO GIVE YOU WHAT THEY THINK YOU WANT.

I WILL RATHER PREFER TO GIVE A CONSTRUCTION WORK TO A BENINOIS AND A TOGOLESE THAN GIVE IT TO A NIGERIAN ENGINEER. IF YOU KNOW YOU KNOW.

1 Like

Re: Alex Otti Inspects Federal Road Construction On Enugu-Aba-Port Harcourt Road by SSpeter(m): 9:39am On Nov 30, 2023
lomprico:

So who's fault is it?
Firstly you have a very poor economy, who is in charge of growing the economy? The government!
Re: Alex Otti Inspects Federal Road Construction On Enugu-Aba-Port Harcourt Road by SSpeter(m): 9:40am On Nov 30, 2023
DEBJOCH1:
FOR THOSE OF YOU CONDENMING THOSE CHINESE AND INDIANS ENGINEERS OR CONSTRUCTION WORKERS, I WILL ADVISE YOU TO CONDEMN THEM NO MORE. THEY GIVE YOU WANT YOU WANT UNLIKE OUR NIGERIAN BROTHER'S WHO AFTER TELLING THEM WHAT YOU WANT THEY WILL CUT CONNERS TO GIVE YOU WHAT THEY THINK YOU WANT.

I WILL RATHER PREFER TO GIVE A CONSTRUCTION WORK TO A BENINOIS AND A TOGOLESE THAN GIVE IT TO A NIGERIAN ENGINEER. IF YOU KNOW YOU KNOW.

1 Like

Re: Alex Otti Inspects Federal Road Construction On Enugu-Aba-Port Harcourt Road by SSpeter(m): 9:41am On Nov 30, 2023
andyanders:
The officials that gave out the contract, want to get their own cut in dollars, just like NFF does. Corruption by polliticians. That is just their reasons for getting the white guys to handle the jobs.
Re: Alex Otti Inspects Federal Road Construction On Enugu-Aba-Port Harcourt Road by SSpeter(m): 9:42am On Nov 30, 2023
Felix6:

It's very disappointing seeing situations like this. After producing millions of engineering graduates we still rely on foreign artisans to construct our Roads. Most of these so called expatriates will not be given a contract for a dog pen in their countries, as they lack the requiste knowledge to do so. Reason our infrastructures failed before commissioning.
The so called developed countries make use of young engineers, technicians craftsmen etc in a locality to build every single road in that area. And they are being supervised by the council. Here in Nigeria, councils have been buried. Inviting foreigners for Road construction is a monumental fraud. What stops the States government from purchasing latest construction equipments, or even manufacture them here. It must not be totally high tech yet but atleast something that can hold its own here. Engage the locals and see wonders within short period, with less money spent; and of course institutions must be brutally strengthen to check corrupt supervisors and every other persons in the society. Anyone that still patronised foreign contractors for road construction is a criminal.
Re: Alex Otti Inspects Federal Road Construction On Enugu-Aba-Port Harcourt Road by HIPROFILE(m): 11:25am On Nov 30, 2023
Fuckyoumod:
the same dubious process that brought him in, in the first place.

Wike wrote election result in that same Government house in favour of SIM.

Wike gave him multiple promotions in the Rivers State civil service, the like that has never happened before in Rivers history.

Then it wasn't dubious, now it's dubious.

Do you think Sim or Wike cares about Rivers people? Sharing formula is what is causing their rift, for their personal interests and not for the people.

Thank you bro

The dubious nature of the transactions between both of them is more reason why both of them should enjoy the outcome as they both once enjoyed the colaboration in looting Rivers treasury. Bro Wike did himself more favor than Sim for bringing sim up as the governor. Oga wanted to cover his loopholes and avoid EFCC wahala hence the need to impose Sim as governor. But wanted more by requesting a certain monthly share in the states allocation which did not sit well with Sim hence Wikes impeachment games on Sim.

Wike always want a win win in any political situation.

1 Like

Re: Alex Otti Inspects Federal Road Construction On Enugu-Aba-Port Harcourt Road by IGBOSON1: 11:58am On Nov 30, 2023
Toosure70:
.And this omo oponu will still attack yoruba presidency .

With your silly 'Yoruba presidency' tribalistic mindset, why wouldn't it attract 'attacks'!? When a thief steals your property and gives you a little of what rightly belongs to you, you can dobale for him if you like! Don't tell others how they should react to being robbed!
Re: Alex Otti Inspects Federal Road Construction On Enugu-Aba-Port Harcourt Road by Fuckyoumod: 12:00pm On Nov 30, 2023
HIPROFILE:

Thank you bro

The dubious nature of the transactions between both of them is more reason why both of them should enjoy the outcome as they both once enjoyed the colaboration in looting Rivers treasury. Bro Wike did himself more favor than Sim for bringing sim up as the governor. Oga wanted to cover his loopholes and avoid EFCC wahala hence the need to impose Sim as governor. But wanted more by requesting a certain monthly share in the states allocation which did not sit well with Sim hence Wikes impeachment games on Sim.

Wike always want a win win in any political situation.
we are saying the same thing bro.

They care less about us... enjoy the rest of the your day
Re: Alex Otti Inspects Federal Road Construction On Enugu-Aba-Port Harcourt Road by soccerlite: 12:30pm On Nov 30, 2023
All this federal roads, state roads are BS

Clog in the wheel of progress

Nigeria needs to be Restructured

All road network are domiciled in a state, the FG needs to only come in to support financially. And agree on a repayment plan

This country is sick

1 Like

Re: Alex Otti Inspects Federal Road Construction On Enugu-Aba-Port Harcourt Road by soccerlite: 12:34pm On Nov 30, 2023
DEBJOCH1:

Fallacy of hasten generalisation.

Look well you will find beautiful nigerian engineers, and Togolese and co are humans not angels

Hope you get

1 Like

Re: Alex Otti Inspects Federal Road Construction On Enugu-Aba-Port Harcourt Road by Kaiser20: 12:38pm On Nov 30, 2023
Rossikk:

The fact is that Nigerian youths and graduates have completely lost hope in Nigeria.
Everybody, young and old want to Japa.
Re: Alex Otti Inspects Federal Road Construction On Enugu-Aba-Port Harcourt Road by bencr7: 12:52pm On Nov 30, 2023
Rossikk:

most them are working in bank or doing low engineering work
Re: Alex Otti Inspects Federal Road Construction On Enugu-Aba-Port Harcourt Road by sambrow(m): 3:18pm On Nov 30, 2023
donbrowser:
Can anyone mention 1 thing this man has achieved?

Edit
I asked an harmless question. Instead of answering, they are insulting me. Come and present Alex Otti for president make we see na
Bitter soul. Agent of backwardness
Re: Alex Otti Inspects Federal Road Construction On Enugu-Aba-Port Harcourt Road by Myer(m): 3:57pm On Nov 30, 2023
Rossikk:

Our education institutions are nothing to write home about.
Most schools don't have the facilities to well-equip students.
Most students we churn out can't adequately defend their course certificates.

Corruption is insidious... it affects every thing directly and indirectly.
Re: Alex Otti Inspects Federal Road Construction On Enugu-Aba-Port Harcourt Road by Myer(m): 3:58pm On Nov 30, 2023
agulion:
What is good is good, what is bad is bad, well-done Mr governor
It's difficult not to like this man. Even though I have my personal reasons not to like him, I can't deny his excellent spirit.
He is a blessing to Abia state and the East. And hopefully to Nigeria some day.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Happy Democracy Day/handover: What Are Your Prayers & Wishes For The President? / Army Records More Victory In Kircha Dungus & Other Areas,Kill 4 Terrorists(pics / Fayose & Wife Celebrate 28th Wedding Anniversary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.