Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,851 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

What Are Your Experience Working With Indian Managers - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Are Your Experience Working With Indian Managers (13337 Views)

Share Your Experience Working In A Loan Shark Company / Experience Working For A One Man Business / My Experience Working For A One Man Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are Your Experience Working With Indian Managers by femi4: 4:15pm On Dec 04, 2023
Queengee:
Indian managers don't know exact meaning of being manager. In their heads, they literally own you; they don't say no to clients and then literally overload the workers. They need soft skills training and if this does not work, they should get kick on their ass.
And they pay so little for workdone
Re: What Are Your Experience Working With Indian Managers by VHILL: 4:28pm On Dec 04, 2023
Queengee:
Indian managers don't know exact meaning of being manager. In their heads, they literally own you; they don't say no to clients and then literally overload the workers. They need soft skills training and if this does not work, they should get kick on their ass.

They are worst set off people to work with.
Just know any document you submit to them goes to their coven. Very fetish set of people

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Experience Working With Indian Managers by IJEYdiamond(f): 5:00pm On Dec 04, 2023
SoNature:
One Indian production manager in one company I once worked for would always tell us that the day God shared d1cks and b00bs and nyashes, Africans were the first to arrive.

But the day God shared brains, African blacks were nowhere to be found. He would always call Nigérians brainless people. grin

The MD of the company who's a Nigerian later fired the Indian production manager and sent him back to his country.

PS: Looking at what's happening in this country now, I no blame the man. Nigerians behave like brainless people during elections.

Imagine stupid talk.....Chaiii
Re: What Are Your Experience Working With Indian Managers by VULCAN(m): 5:01pm On Dec 04, 2023
You are the living proof of what I have been saying for a decade now.

God bless you for taking the risk to do this despite your initial doubts.

Nothing will make me pick a Nigerian to manage any large business that involves mass production or one that is heavily cash based.

I have seen a number of cases where a so called high quality candidate is appointed the MD of a company, only to run it aground and start his own providing the exact same goods or services.

If you find an employee who is both honest and highly competent, you have found gold. Do all you can to retain such a person.

ultron12345:
Depends on the perspective of the person speaking.

Employers tend not to like them, but Business owners love them.

I'll speak based on my experience with them, as a business owner.

Several years ago, I had serious difficulties managing various businesses I had set up. The staff dealt with me. Forging of invoices, theft of inventory, inflation of contracts, there's nothing they didn't do.

The Nigerian workers were out to finish me.
Like they say, "where person dey work, na there e dey chop, hence the name, workchop (workshop)".

You sack and replace them, the new ones continue from where the old ones stopped. They will even improve their techniques of stealing so as not be caught like their predecessors.

After trying so many methods to reduce all this, from utilizing tech and automating several processes, to involving relatives, it came to my realization that the only way to stop all this was to run the businesses myself, to be "on ground" always, but that wasn't possible. So I planned to start shutting them down and to focus only on one. I told a friend who was also a businessman about my challenges and plans, hoping he would be able to purchase some of the assets I was hoping to sell from the shutdown businesses. He recommended I hire indian management. I wasn't keen at first, but finally decided to try it.

To put it shortly, I eventually got an Indian manager for one of the businesses and it worked like magic. Business began to be good. Profit began to come in. For the first time, I could be away and still be confident and relaxed that my business is in good hands. Apparently, the business troubles we had been having weren't because of "bad economy", it was because of "bad workers" who were out to build houses on my head.

Today, the businesses are growing from strength to strength. All key positions are occupied by indians. If I'm starting a new business today, all key positions go to indians by default.

I have recommended the "indian solution" to so many business people, at least 5 of which have adopted it this year alone, and it has been good stories since then. Not a single one of them has regretted the decision.

The simple truth is that the average Nigerian is corrupt and is a thief. Those who have not stolen have not done so simply because of lack of opportunity.

And that's why our country is like this, after all, the leadership is a representation of the citizenry. Nigerians are a bad people and have rightly given rise to bad leaders.

Below is a post I made few years ago about this same issue.

Re: What Are Your Experience Working With Indian Managers by IJEYdiamond(f): 5:03pm On Dec 04, 2023
betshopagent:
I have worked with an Indian, Chinese and lebaneese. They are all terrible only that an Indian Is the worst among them. An Indian would overwork you, disrespect and would under under pay you. Most times an Indian still leech on your token of salary that the company pays it's Nigerian workers . In other parts of Nigeria, they are cautious abit when dealing with its workers but in LAGOS they just does anyhow because nobody questions them. They acts like they feeds you in Lagos. If you want to Enjoy your life try working with an European or An American. My best memory of working with an expacterate was with a Belgium national.

More like they cant try shit with northern people i see.... with fear of destruction....!!
Re: What Are Your Experience Working With Indian Managers by betshopagent(m): 5:12pm On Dec 04, 2023
IJEYdiamond:

More like they cant try shit with northern people i see.... with fear of destruction....!!
not that really. The problem they have other places apart from lagos is that it's hard to find workers for the slavery role. Lagosians are desperate for jobs. You are talking of north, if them try their slavery work in the East in a state like Anambra, no only dem go do the work. In essence, they takes advantage of joblessness in Lagos to perpetuate this shit and lagos government turns blind eye. We are just talking of work alone, what of the working conditions? A lot of people has died in these Asian companies in Lagos due to carelessness of these tiny Asians.
Re: What Are Your Experience Working With Indian Managers by planetx: 5:31pm On Dec 04, 2023
SoNature:
One Indian production manager in one company I once worked for would always tell us that the day God shared d1cks and b00bs and nyashes, Africans were the first to arrive.

But the day God shared brains, African blacks were nowhere to be found. He would always call Nigérians brainless people. grin

The MD of the company who's a Nigerian later fired the Indian production manager and sent him back to his country.

PS: Looking at what's happening in this country now, I no blame the man. Nigerians behave like brainless people during elections.
You are not even ashamed that a curry smelling Indian called you and your father and mother brainless to your face, and you are here telling us with glee while shining your teeth.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Experience Working With Indian Managers by shegzee43: 5:42pm On Dec 04, 2023
Gerrard59:

I read the post you quoted some weeks back and as someone who had managed the family's business, I knew competency wasn't really the issue, but honesty. So, I agree with you wholeheartedly. I don't know how the Indians do it, but I am very open to employing them to run everything. Even if na to give them a stake in the company, no problem.

You think Indians are better than Nigerians in terms of honesty? My God, you haven't seen anything. They always show up with that mien of piety. They will shock you afterwards.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Experience Working With Indian Managers by MamaletASO: 5:52pm On Dec 04, 2023
Brutal...

Slavery because Indians are sla*ves in the first place... For you to get employed under them has turn you to a low-level slave (s)

#IndianChange Your Ways
Re: What Are Your Experience Working With Indian Managers by Ikinternational: 6:11pm On Dec 04, 2023
A lot of you are pussies .
The first Indian that talks to me crazy in my country would undoubtedly be the last.

I would gladly dare him to try
No be by mouth
Re: What Are Your Experience Working With Indian Managers by higgs: 6:34pm On Dec 04, 2023
GOD BLESS YOU.You just said the simple truth. Most Nigerian workers are morally impaired.
ultron12345:

Several years ago, I had serious difficulties managing various businesses I had set up. The staff dealt with me. Forging of invoices, theft of inventory, inflation of contracts, there's nothing they didn't do.

Like they say, "where person dey work, na there e dey chop, hence the name, workchop (workshop)".

You sack and replace them, the new ones continue from where the old ones stopped. They will even improve their techniques of stealing so as not be caught like their predecessors.

After trying so many methods to reduce all this, from utilizing tech and automating several processes, to involving relatives, it came to my realization that the only way to stop all this was to run the businesses myself, to be "on ground" always, but that wasn't possible. So I planned to start shutting them down and to focus only on one. I told a friend who was also a businessman about my challenges and plans, hoping he would be able to purchase some of the assets I was hoping to sell from the shutdown businesses. He recommended I hire indian management. I wasn't keen at first, but finally decided to try it.

To put it shortly, I eventually got an Indian manager for one of the businesses and it worked like magic. Business began to be good. Profit began to come in. For the first time, I could be away and still be confident and relaxed that my business is in good hands. Apparently, the business troubles we had been having weren't because of "bad economy", it was because of "bad workers" who were out to build houses on my head.

Today, the businesses are growing from strength to strength. All key positions are occupied by indians. If I'm starting a new business today, all key positions go to indians by default.

I have recommended the "indian solution" to so many business people, at least 5 of which have adopted it this year alone, and it has been good stories since then. Not a single one of them has regretted the decision.

The simple truth is that the average Nigerian is corrupt and is a thief. Those who have not stolen have not done so simply because of lack of opportunity.

And that's why our country is like this, after all, the leadership is a representation of the citizenry. Nigerians are a bad people and have rightly given rise to bad leaders.

Re: What Are Your Experience Working With Indian Managers by Mukola(m): 6:44pm On Dec 04, 2023
betshopagent:
I have worked with an Indian, Chinese and lebaneese. They are all terrible only that an Indian Is the worst among them. An Indian would overwork you, disrespect and would under under pay you. Most times an Indian still leech on your token of salary that the company pays it's Nigerian workers . In other parts of Nigeria, they are cautious abit when dealing with its workers but in LAGOS they just does anyhow because nobody questions them. They acts like they feeds you in Lagos. If you want to Enjoy your life try working with an European or An American. My best memory of working with an expacterate was with a Belgium national.
...you have said it all

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Experience Working With Indian Managers by Ployploy: 7:31pm On Dec 04, 2023
hofitec286:
Have not worked with them

Indian man go finish you with work you go regret your life
Re: What Are Your Experience Working With Indian Managers by godwon01(m): 8:30pm On Dec 04, 2023
They always claimed that they made mistakes in calculating your hours each month and will tell you that you will get pay by next month. By next month , they will not pay you that hours. They also like to under staff you when you are working for them.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Experience Working With Indian Managers by Myer(m): 9:18pm On Dec 04, 2023
Queengee:
They don't trust Nigerians.
But they value honest and hardworking Nigerians.
They overwork staff if the job permits it.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Experience Working With Indian Managers by Areacleo: 9:24pm On Dec 04, 2023
ultron12345:

God bless you for your honest truth. If we don't start working like the Indians or Chinese we going no where on this digital century we are. We

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Experience Working With Indian Managers by westlius(m): 9:31pm On Dec 04, 2023
ultron12345:

Good day Sir,
with all due respect Indians are not the best, I am an Auditor and I worked where I audit them, they bring profits to the company but not all, any time I query the accountant, I see lots of frauds and when I ask she tells me ask oga.
I also found out the Indian boss makes sizable profit for the MD.
my take is this we have good Nigerians but we pay them poorly, pay a Nigerian very well, forget or minimum wage and see ur company grow

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Experience Working With Indian Managers by fxexperts: 9:43pm On Dec 04, 2023
ultron12345:

I dislike those Indians with so much passion because of their employers and employee slave mentality. they tend to treat Nigerians workers as trash and slave, but going by your analysis I think you are so very right. Looking at this from an investor/business owner point of view i think you are correct. It is so bad that we Nigerians lack a culture of transparency and accountability. Corruption has eaten very deep into the soul of almost every Nigerian, and now we are even exporting corruption to foreigners now. I used to hate Dangote for employing Indian management as against Nigerian management., but now i can say i have learnt a new idea from you today, now i know the reason he is doing that, not that he hates his fellow Nigerians but because he cares about the success of his business. Nigerians are fantastic thief.
Indians are thiefs but Nigerians are far worst. Indians' thief but they do not kill the company but Nigerians they can even steal the soul of a company.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Experience Working With Indian Managers by dbestcno(m): 9:51pm On Dec 04, 2023
Queengee:

I think they are better than Chinese
Re: What Are Your Experience Working With Indian Managers by fxexperts: 10:02pm On Dec 04, 2023
Surelay:
Well, very correct, but;

I have been working with olam for years and never regret for one second,,One of the best place to work as a staff.

Though, olam groups is multinational .
You are lucky because it is a multinational company, so i suppose you have other nationals like europeans there, try worker in a purely owned company where Indians are in charge of the management then come back to tell the story. you should also know that Indian feel so very inferior in the presence of Europeans and American nationals.

When the religious leaders keeps telling them to pray for a destiny helper what do you expect would happen

They we say small work big money just imagine the nonsense.. I'll say it again and again, the problems started from the religious leaders who is always feeding it's congregation with false hope.

You no get work you dey expect alert no be JuJu be that(stealing)
Aswear, i think we should start by banning all form of religious worship in Nigeria starting from church and mosque, they have caused more harm than good.

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Experience Working With Indian Managers by fxexperts: 10:05pm On Dec 04, 2023
westlius:

Good day Sir,
with all due respect Indians are not the best, I am an Auditor and I worked where I audit them, they bring profits to the company but not all, any time I query the accountant, I see lots of frauds and when I ask she tells me ask oga.
I also found out the Indian boss makes sizable profit for the MD.
my take is this we have good Nigerians but we pay them poorly, pay a Nigerian very well, forget or minimum wage and see ur company grow
yes you are right Indians are very corrupt and they steal from company, but they try to do it intelligently by trying to cover the books and they steal with conscious, but you see Nigerians they will literarily run your company to the ground with no mercy. and when your company folds up they will open your company for themselves, they will literally move from employees to big time employer with your company funds. Nigerians steal without conscious.

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Experience Working With Indian Managers by frankfab(m): 10:07pm On Dec 04, 2023
They always try to get things done as soon as possible. The reason they can assist you extra task different from your role and schedule impromptu meeting.

Although working an Indian manager or industry can be stressful, the pay and work culture is better than our "dear motherland".
Re: What Are Your Experience Working With Indian Managers by loswhite(m): 10:19pm On Dec 04, 2023
datola:
Investors and business owners like to hire them as mangers because they bring results. Workers don't like them because they don't want stress.

A Nigerian mentality for the world is even dangerous..lol. Workers are not meant to work and die because of your useless results. I am 100 percent certain that Africans would have seen Crane as waste...lol. Lazy men make una put hand carry that big Iron...lol.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Experience Working With Indian Managers by XAUBulls: 11:40pm On Dec 04, 2023
SoNature:

grin
Re: What Are Your Experience Working With Indian Managers by nnol(m): 11:45pm On Dec 04, 2023
datola:
Investors and business owners like to hire them as mangers because they bring results. Workers don't like them because they don't want stress.

i strongly agree with you. They are the people heading most of dangote companies.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Experience Working With Indian Managers by Saladdin: 12:07am On Dec 05, 2023
Indian Managers are result-oriented and too focused on getting the job done with the littlest of resources.

To achieve this, they always tend towards micromanaging, overworking and short paying you. And they seem quite racist while at it. And Indian fresh off the boat in Nigeria has a higher chance of being give key posts over you, and experienced Nigerian.

Though one area where they always shine over Nigerians is that they hardly defraud or mismanage your/their company and that's why they are the darlings of top Nigerian firms.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Experience Working With Indian Managers by westlius(m): 12:14am On Dec 05, 2023
fxexperts:
yes you are right Indians are very corrupt and they steal from company, but they try to do it intelligently by trying to cover the books and they steal with conscious, but you see Nigerians they will literarily run your company to the ground with no mercy. and when your company folds up they will open your company for themselves, they will literally move from employees to big time employer with your company funds. Nigerians steal without conscious.
The tins MD/CEOs should do is invest more on Audit and investigations, banks are being managed by Nigerian and it is so becos powers are given to the Audit and compliance dept to act

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Experience Working With Indian Managers by Gerrard59(m): 1:45am On Dec 05, 2023
shegzee43:

You think Indians are better than Nigerians in terms of honesty? My God, you haven't seen anything. They always show up with that mien of piety. They will shock you afterwards.

Which is why I said I don't know how they do it. But every entrepreneur can't say the same thing and it is false. Indians managing the operations on behalf of their Nigerian owners must be doing something right. Na why I wan give them stake in the firm.

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Experience Working With Indian Managers by DavidHarry(m): 3:00am On Dec 05, 2023
Nigerian Government need to see and act on this. How can you be slaving for an Indian in your own country
Re: What Are Your Experience Working With Indian Managers by TheCrusader14: 6:08am On Dec 05, 2023
Ive heard the stuff about tye document matter.
Is it for real? I even heard they can't even employ you if you don't carry 'glory'
VHILL:

They are worst set off people to work with.
Just know any document you submit to them goes to their coven. Very fetish set of people
Re: What Are Your Experience Working With Indian Managers by TheCrusader14: 6:25am On Dec 05, 2023
They don't have any joy. They want you to work endlessly. In fact, it's better to have an agreement with the devil than with Indians. At least they say the devil will give you 1 and take 10 away from you. On the other hand, Indians seek to take everything away from you without even giving up to 1.

After deep thought, I believe they learned that wickedness from the English, a carryover from the colonial era. The English treated them like slaves. If you all observe, they're very much obsessed with living a royal life (driver, cook, maid, etc) even when it's not necessary.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Medical Doctors Going To Germany, Let's Meet Here! / Nigerian Photographer Receives Getty Images Creative Bursary Award / Which Is Better, Handwork Or Salary Job?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.