Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,793 members, 7,862,625 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 09:09 PM

Parental Rights In Islam - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Parental Rights In Islam (107 Views)

LGBTQ Rights In Nigeria: Is This Really A Struggle For Human Rights? / Sexual Rights In Marriage, Is It A Do Or Die Affair If One's Not In The Mood? / "40-year-old Woman Poisons Herself Due To Parental Pressure To Marry" - Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Parental Rights In Islam by Jumuahsermon: 11:46am On Dec 01, 2023
PARENTAL RIGHTS
_Bismillah Rahmani Raheem_

Parents have an important and high status in Islam, which Allah has associated in His Noble Book with worshiping Him. Almighty Allah said: ( And your Lord has decreed that you should not worship except Him, and that He be good to parents.)

These rights are varied to cover the needs of the parents, until the child reaches the perfection of righteousness.

TALK TO THEM KINDLY AND KINDLY
The best people for a son and his Muslim companion to talk to are his parents, and talking to them makes them feel important, such as when a child asks for his parents’ opinion on some issues. This makes the parents feel that their words have value. A man came to the Messenger of Allah - may God bless him and grant him peace - and said: Who Do people have the most right to my good companions? (He said: Your mother. He said: Then who? He said: Then your mother. He said: Then who? He said: Then your mother. He said: Then who? He said: Then your father. )

OBEY THEM WITH KINDNESS
The relationship between parents and children cannot be complete without obedience from children to parents , and obedience to parents in every good thing they are able to do is obligatory for the son, provided that this does not cause him great hardship, and the son must exert his effort to obey his parents as much as he can.

He must not refuse to obey them unless they command him to disbelieve in Almighty Allah
Allah said: (And We have enjoined on mankind to be good to his parents, but if they strive against you to associate with Me that of which you have no knowledge, then do not obey them), Or command him to sin; Then there is no obedience to the parents, for example if they ask him to take a usurious loan

SPENDING ON THEM
The son must support his parents in two cases: If Almighty Allah decreed poverty and need for them, in addition to the father’s inability to work and earn, then the father’s maintenance becomes obligatory for the son, so he spends on his parents in a reasonable manner that spares them from asking people, and it is within the limits of his ability. Prophet Muhammad (SAW) says: (Indeed , The best thing you eat is from your earnings, and your children are from your earnings . ) If the father is well off and not in need, he is not obligated to provide maintenance. But good care and spending on parents is considered an honor for the parents. By taking good care of them and spending on them out of perfect righteousness.

ACCOMPANYING THEM IN THIS WORLD, EVEN IF THEY ARE POLYTHEISTS
Accompanying one’s parents means sitting with them for a long time, talking to them, and bringing joy to their hearts. The Qur’an has stressed the importance of this character even if the religion differs between them. Almighty Allah said: (And if they strive with you to associate with Me that of which you have no knowledge, then do not obey them and their companion in religion.) Intend to be kind And follow the path of him who turns to Me, and then to Me is your return, and I will inform you of what you used to do . )
Do not offend them Islam forbids insulting parents by word or deed, and even by sight, it forbids a son to look at his parents as if he were to curse them. And cursing parents is a major sin. Prophet Muhammad SAW said -: ( Among the major sins is a man cursing his parents. They said: O Messenger of Allah, does he curse? The man and his parents? He said: Yes, if he curses a man’s father, he will curse his father, and if he curses his mother, he will curse his mother

PUTTING MOTHER’S HONOR AHEAD OF FATHER’S
The mother is tender-hearted and it is her nature to be gentle, even if she is entitled to herself. The mother may neglect her rights for the sake of her children, so you will find that Islam has prioritized the righteousness of the mother over the righteousness of the father, due to her enduring hardships. Prophet Muhammad SAW said: (Indeed, Allah commands you. Your mothers are three things. Indeed, Allah enjoins you upon your fathers. Fulfilling the mother’s financial, health, and social rights takes precedence over the father’s rights

RESPECTING THEM AND SUBMITTING TO THEM
A Muslim is required to show pride except in the presence of his parents. The basic principle is that he should show them humility with speech and gentle treatment, and that he should not exalt himself over his parents with knowledge or money. Rather, he must show the superiority of his parents over him with knowledge, experience, and wisdom. The Almighty Allah said: (And your Lord has decreed that you should not worship anyone but Him . And be kind to your parents. Whether one or both of them reach old age with you, do not say bad words to them, nor rebuke them, but speak to them a kind word. And lower to them the wing of humility out of mercy, and say, “My Lord, have mercy on them as they raised me when I was little. ”

HONOR THEM WHEN THEY GROW OLD Almighty Allah said: (And keep company with them in this world with kindness) , Almighty Allah commanded the children to stay with their parents and check on their conditions, and did not specify a time for that, whether during their youth or infirmity, but this is confirmed in the event of their greater need and inability, so the children must remain loyal. Their parents at all times in this world so that they may earn the honor of their parents. If the parents get older, they need more care and attention, even if they have money. The elderly person needs someone to take care of his concerns outside the home, and he needs someone to talk to him, and the son must show them the importance of their experience in life, as honoring parents is more important and obligatory in As they get older

PRAY FOR THEM
Praying for parents is an act of worship by which a son draws closer to Almighty Allah. He prays for his parents with faith and piety and a good ending, even after their death. Prophet Muhammad SAW explained the fruit of a son’s supplication for his parents, saying: (A man follows up with good deeds like mountains, so he says, “Am I this? ” It is said, “Your son asks for your forgiveness.

By : Khaleeafah Ahmad Tijjani

(1) (Reply)

The Holy Spirit - WHO He Is And Why He Is Important To Us / Is It Proper For Ex's To Send Wedding IV? /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.