Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,532 members, 7,850,822 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:38 AM

What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 (11739 Views)

2020/2021 Prophecies By Child-of-god John-sogbete Princewill / What Does It Mean To "Sin Wilfully" In Hebrews 10:26? - Prince Gabriel Okocha / See Who Mocked God: John Lennon (singer): Some Years Ago, During His Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by tctrills: 7:40pm On Dec 05, 2023
cornelboy:

Oh lemme help.
Born agains are allowed to participate in armed robbery grin
You are just a slimy stalker. You asked I question and I answered boldly now I reversed the question and you want to turn it to a joke to avoid answering. Continue since you were brought up to be a shameless coward.
You want to question others beliefs but when it comes to your turn you can't bring yourself to answer.
This JW dishonesty is getting annoying MaxinDHouse can you please talk to your boy?

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by cornelboy(f): 7:43pm On Dec 05, 2023
tctrills:

You are just a slimy stalker. You asked I question and I answered boldly now I reversed the question and you want to turn it to a joke to avoid answering. Continue since you were brought up to be a shameless coward.
You want to question others beliefs but when it comes to your turn you can't bring yourself to answer.
This JW dishonesty is getting annoying MaxinDHouse can you please talk to your boy?
Didn't I answer you boldly?
Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:44pm On Dec 05, 2023
tctrills:

So that is why to you, a busybody's salvation is jeopardized but an adulterers salvation is not?
Not let's slowly try to understand ourselves

When such a person is arrested by the authority and punished no Christian should go for his bail because he is a busybody in matters that has nothing to do with his calling!

Herod had arrested John and had bound him and imprisoned him because of He·roʹdi·as, the wife of Philip his brother. For John had been saying to him: “It is not lawful for you to have her.” Matthew 14:3-4

The highlighted was John's CRIME.

So when he asked Jesus what he's been doing while he is still imprisoned Jesus told John the baptist "I am doing my own assigned duty" Matthew 11:2-5

From there Peter learned a lesson that it's a CRIME in the world to be a BUSYBODY in other people's private life and Christianity will not condone it! smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:46pm On Dec 05, 2023
tctrills:

He is not my boy he is standing up for his own salvation so if he should keep quiet even the stones will talk as you're claiming a born again Christian could be an armed robber! undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by achorladey: 7:53pm On Dec 05, 2023
cornelboy:

🤣🤣🤣
Armed robber na born again
Abeg how e take happen explain o tctrills 🙆🏾‍♂️

Jesus promised an armed robber paradise and that armed robber will live with cornelboy in that paradise grin grin grin grin

Abeg how e take happen explain

Read the conversation between the thief and Jesus grin grin grin
Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by achorladey: 7:55pm On Dec 05, 2023
tctrills:

He who pays the piper decides the tune grin grin grin grin
Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by achorladey: 8:24pm On Dec 05, 2023
cornelboy:

Did tctrills respond to your question the first time?

Yes or No

Let me see your madness and insanities peddling again grin grin grin
Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by achorladey: 8:37pm On Dec 05, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

You already know me as an intelligent officer so stop deceiving yourself.

It's the busybody that reveals or leak matters into the hands of gossipers and gossipers are the ones taking it to places.
Do you understand now? smiley

Learn to read and read well tctrills said.

Again a busybody is not the same thing as a gossip. A busybody gets involved in others affair and not necessarily exposes others privacy, that is the job of a gossip.

You MaxInDHouse using your manipulations and lying brains said....

It's the busybody that reveals or leak matters into the hands of gossipers and gossipers are the ones taking it to places

Here shows you already that you accept what tctrills stated.
Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by achorladey: 8:42pm On Dec 05, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Ọmọ ask any intelligent officer they will tell you that we don't go after gossipers but those who reveal secrets: Busybody! wink

tctrills now see more madness and insanities peddling from MaxInDHouse grin grin grin grin He stated earlier.....

It's the busybody that reveals or leak matters into the hands of gossipers and gossipers are the ones taking it to places.

Then later added......

we don't go after gossipers but those who reveal secrets: Busybody

When gossipers go from place to place, what do they do? They gossip and in so doing they reveal secrets
Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by tctrills: 8:44pm On Dec 05, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

He is not my boy he is standing up for his own salvation so if he should keep quiet even the stones will talk as you're claiming a born again Christian could be an armed robber! undecided
He is only here to joke and play.
Yes I am claiming a born again can commit sin.
It's not about what I or you claim so I have asked you to use your Bible but you are yet to provide any verse

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by tctrills: 8:47pm On Dec 05, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

When such a person is arrested by the authority and punished no Christian should go for his bail because he is a busybody in matters that has nothing to do with his calling!

Herod had arrested John and had bound him and imprisoned him because of He·roʹdi·as, the wife of Philip his brother. For John had been saying to him: “It is not lawful for you to have her.” Matthew 14:3-4

The highlighted was John's CRIME.

So when he asked Jesus what he's been doing while he is still imprisoned Jesus told John the baptist "I am doing my own assigned duty" Matthew 11:2-5

From there Peter learned a lesson that it's a CRIME in the world to be a BUSYBODY in other people's private life and Christianity will not condone it! smiley

Now you rope yourself. John the Baptist was clearly a busybody, did that jeopardize his salvation?
Would it have been better if he committed adultery.
You are not answering my question.
My question is does being a Busybody jeopardize one's salvation?
Also does adultery jeopardize one's salvation please be bold and answer.
Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by tctrills: 8:48pm On Dec 05, 2023
cornelboy:

Keep playing your role MaxinDHouse says that is your contribution to your organization

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by tctrills: 8:53pm On Dec 05, 2023
achorladey:

tctrills now see more madness and insanities peddling from MaxInDHouse grin grin grin grin He stated earlier.....

Then later added......

When gossipers go from place to place, what do they do? They gossip and in so doing they reveal secrets
MaxinDHouse has declared that John the Baptist was a busybody now he needs to tell us if John has jeopardized his salvation.

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:57pm On Dec 05, 2023
tctrills:

He is only here to joke and play.
Yes I am claiming a born again can commit sin.
It's not about what I or you claim so I have asked you to use your Bible but you are yet to provide any verse

I have told you that SIN differs from CRIME.

SIN has to do with religion while CRIME has to do with society so what Deeperlife term as Sin may not be sin in Christ Embassy but when talking about CRIME both of them can't dispute it. What Peter listed was CRIME in all human society.
That's why i gave you the example of John the baptist who was talking about SIN when the man in power doesn't give a damn about the laws of John's God but then John the is going into the private life of someone who is not a believer.
So if Herod is a Worshiper of the God who gave the Israelites laws he will take John's matter seriously and beg God for forgiveness but instead he was concerned about his political career that's what led to John's death.

Lesson learned:

It's wrong for believers to meddle in the private life of others most especially when such ones aren't believers.

As i am now if Aemmyjah or Janosky or Cornelboy discovered that i committ adultery they must make it known to the elders unless i myself am ready to do so myself but what if it's their landlord or co-tenant that's doing so and they're aware of it they will surely become busybody if they tell anyone because it's none of their business and the person who did isn't one of our brothers in faith.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:01pm On Dec 05, 2023
tctrills:

Now you rope yourself. John the Baptist was clearly a busybody, did that jeopardize his salvation?
Would it have been better if he committed adultery.
You are not answering my question.
My question is does being a Busybody jeopardize one's salvation?
Also does adultery jeopardize one's salvation please be bold and answer.

Of course John is one of the greatest humans who ever lived before his time but when talking about BORN AGAIN SERVANTS OF GOD John is not qualified! Matthew 12:11-12

That's what i've been saying all this while that there's a difference between BORN AGAIN and a believer in God, both of them will be saved but a BORN AGAIN will rule with Christ Jesus in heaven while all other believers will live forever in Paradise on Earth!
Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by tctrills: 9:03pm On Dec 05, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

I have told you that SIN differs from CRIME.

SIN has to do with religion while CRIME has to do with society so what Deeperlife term as Sin may not be sin in Christ Embassy but when talking about CRIME both of them can't dispute it. What Peter listed was CRIME in all human society.
That's why i gave you the example of John the baptist who was talking about SIN when the man in power doesn't give a damn about the laws of John's God but then John the is going into the private life of someone who is not a believer.
So if Herod is a Worshiper of the God who gave the Israelites laws he will take John's matter seriously and beg God for forgiveness but instead he was concerned about his political career that's what led to John's death.

Lesson learned:

It's wrong for believers to meddle in the private life of others most especially when such ones aren't believers.

As i am now if Aemmyjah or Janosky or Cornelboy discovered that i committ adultery they must make it known to the elders unless i myself am ready to do so myself but what if it's their landlord or co-tenant that's doing so and they're aware of it they will surely become busybody if they tell anyone because it's none of their business and the person who did isn't one of our brothers in faith.
You are not addressing any of my questions. Did John the Baptist jeopardize his salvation by being a Busybody? Let's start from this simple one

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:04pm On Dec 05, 2023
tctrills:

MaxinDHouse has declared that John the Baptist was a busybody now he needs to tell us if John has jeopardized his salvation.

John wasn't a BORN AGAIN Christian so he will gain everlasting life like the thief but he can't rule with Christ in heaven! Matthew 11:11-12
Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by tctrills: 9:05pm On Dec 05, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Of course John is one of the greatest humans who ever lived before his time but when talking about BORN AGAIN SERVANTS OF GOD John is not qualified! Matthew 12:11-12

That's what i've been saying all this while that there's a difference between BORN AGAIN and a believer in God, both of them will be saved but a BORN AGAIN will rule with Christ Jesus in heaven while all other believers will live forever in Paradise on Earth!
So did he jeopardize his salvation for being a Busybody? You said being a Busybody would jeopardize one's salvation but now you are saying it does not apply to John?
Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:05pm On Dec 05, 2023
tctrills:

You are not addressing any of my questions. Did John the Baptist jeopardize his salvation by being a Busybody? Let's start from this simple one

You need to know the difference between Salvation and being BORN AGAIN.

All servants of God whether BORN AGAIN or not will be saved and gain everlasting life but only BORN AGAIN Christians will rule with Christ in his kingdom. smiley
Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:06pm On Dec 05, 2023
tctrills:

So did he jeopardize his salvation for being a Busybody? You said being a Busybody would jeopardize one's salvation but now you are saying it does not apply to John?
Please quote where i said the highlighted. smiley
Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by tctrills: 9:09pm On Dec 05, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

John wasn't a BORN AGAIN Christian so he will gain everlasting life like the thief but he can't rule with Christ in heaven! Matthew 11:11-12
So being a Busybody does not jeopardize one's salvation so you lied. That also proves that the robbery does not jeopardize one's salvation.
So what is the basic of your point.

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by tctrills: 9:11pm On Dec 05, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Please quote where i said the highlighted. smiley
Before I do, are you saying that you never said that the sins/crimes Peter mentioned jeopardize one's salvation? Are you taking that back?

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by achorladey: 9:12pm On Dec 05, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

It's not about new point a Christian can't be a politician it's a crime for someone who is not a politician to be a whistleblower because you won't know when to blow the whistle and when to render your conscience dead like all politicians do. They know so many secrets and have buried countless matters that's why each time they're struggling for power you will start hearing secrets upon secrets but before then you will wonder how come this matters aren't known by the general public?

That's why Peter told his fellow BORN AGAIN Christian brothers that even if they have to be imprisoned or punished it shouldn't be that they are BUSYBODIES. smiley

See another madness and insanities peddling.....

it's a crime for someone who is not a politician to be a whistleblower because you won't know when to blow the whistle and when to render your conscience dead like all politicians do

tctrills.....

See what an ex military intelligence officer stated above as against the below....

Whistle-blowing Policy in Nigeria is an anti corruption programme that encourages people to voluntarily disclose information about fraud, bribery, looted government funds, financial misconduct, government assets and any other form of corruption or theft to the Nigeria's Federal Ministry of Finance.

Where in the policy does it say they must be politicians to do so? grin grin grin grin
Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by tctrills: 9:12pm On Dec 05, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

You need to know the difference between Salvation and being BORN AGAIN.

All servants of God whether BORN AGAIN or not will be saved and gain everlasting life but only BORN AGAIN Christians will rule with Christ in his kingdom. smiley
You used the term jeopardize one's salvation not me.
And yes there is a difference. You become born again to obtain salvation.

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:13pm On Dec 05, 2023
tctrills:

So being a Busybody does not jeopardize one's salvation so you lied. That also proves that the robbery does not jeopardize one's salvation.
So what is the basic of your point.

You just wish there's a loophole in my comments but it's a pity you can't find it Sir!
Where did i lied nah? cheesy

I said the thief can't be a BORN AGAIN not that he can't be saved because he has gotten a Visa to Paradise. Remember Peter was addressing his BORN AGAIN Christian brothers that they shouldn't suffer as a thief because it's impossible for a thief to be BORN AGAIN note that doesn't mean such a person can't get to Paradise but to rule with Christ? No way for a thief! smiley
Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by tctrills: 9:13pm On Dec 05, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

So John would not be in heaven?
Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:16pm On Dec 05, 2023
tctrills:

Before I do, are you saying that you never said that the sins/crimes Peter mentioned jeopardize one's salvation? Are you taking that back?

If i ever typed that then it's a mistake nobody can be deprived of everlasting if they repent but it's to be a BORN AGAIN that's impossible for such ones! smiley
Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:17pm On Dec 05, 2023
tctrills:

So John would not be in heaven?

YES! He wasn't Born of water neither was he anointed with Holy Spirit! smiley
Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by tctrills: 9:19pm On Dec 05, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

YES! He wasn't Born of water neither was he anointed with Holy Spirit! smiley
But he would be in the Kingdom of God grin grin
So it's wrong to say that except a man is born again he cannot enter the kingdom of God right? Since according to you John proves the saying wrong.
Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:19pm On Dec 05, 2023
tctrills:

You used the term jeopardize one's salvation not me. And yes there is a difference. You become born again to obtain salvation.

NO salvation is for all repentant sinners not only BORN AGAIN! smiley
Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:24pm On Dec 05, 2023
tctrills:

But he would be in the Kingdom of God grin grin
So it's wrong to say that except a man is born again he cannot enter the kingdom of God right? Since according to you John proves the saying wrong.

That's why i said the term: Kingdom of God
As used by Jesus has two different meanings it doesn't apply the same way in the case of a member of the Jewish high court and a gentile.

When Jesus used that term for Nicodemus he was talking about ruling with Christ in heaven {John 3:3-5} and the same applies to the rich ruler whom Jesus asked to go and sell everything he had! Luke 18:18-23

Note that he didn't say the same to common Jews who only want to enjoy the benefit of Christ's reign but to Jewish rulers who wants more than just being subjects of God's kingdom! smiley
Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by tctrills: 9:27pm On Dec 05, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

That's why i said the term: Kingdom of God
As used by Jesus has two different meanings it doesn't apply the same way in the case of a member of the Jewish high court and a gentile.

When Jesus used that term for Nicodemus he was talking about ruling with Christ in heaven {John 3:3-5} and the same applies to the rich ruler whom Jesus asked to go and sell everything he had! Luke 18:18-23

Note that he didn't say the same to common Jews who only want to enjoy the benefit of Christ's reign but to Jewish rulers who wants more than just being subjects of God's kingdom! smiley
Direct question, do you need to be born again to enter the kingdom of God?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (31) (Reply)

Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) / Copy And Paste Not A Sin - Rev. Uche Ume (Video) / Endtimes : People Can Expect Significant Changes By 2030 - Don Koenig

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.