Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,728 members, 7,851,500 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:53 PM

What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 (11805 Views)

2020/2021 Prophecies By Child-of-god John-sogbete Princewill / What Does It Mean To "Sin Wilfully" In Hebrews 10:26? - Prince Gabriel Okocha / See Who Mocked God: John Lennon (singer): Some Years Ago, During His Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by achorladey: 9:29pm On Dec 05, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

No need of all these stories just go to North Korea and reveal a single thing about Jim and come back to thank me! cheesy

See your hypocrisy exposed once again. Now North Korea is the standard regarding criminal cases involving busybody.

When your religious organization looks for freedom of speech, association e.t.c you raise the USA to the high heavens grin grin grin grin now that it concerns busybody and you know USA don't really have much in that direction you quickly embrace North Korea. The same North Korea that your religious organization will condemn as Satan's agent, war machine and bloodthirsty people who consider military first.

A United Nations Commission of Inquiry concluded that the North Korean government perpetrates crimes against humanity against its own people, including, “extermination, murder, enslavement, torture, imprisonment, rape, forced abortions and other sexual violence… and the inhumane act of knowingly causing prolonged

This is the same country that you regard as standard regarding offences concerning busybody a country that intrudes in the privacy of every single citizen grin grin grin

No wonder your religious organization suffers a lot from countries that adopt the similar kind of government your GODS used in ruling over you. Take a look at these countries since they understand your mode of operation well.

1. Russia

2. China

3. North Korea

4. Iran

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by tctrills: 9:29pm On Dec 05, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

NO salvation is for all repentant sinners not only BORN AGAIN! smiley
So Christ lied when he said except a man be born again?
If being born again was not a condition for entering the kingdom, why would Christ have said so?

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by achorladey: 9:31pm On Dec 05, 2023
tctrills:

So John would not be in heaven?

Definitely part of their doctrine grin grin grin
Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:32pm On Dec 05, 2023
tctrills:

Direct question, do you need to be born again to enter the kingdom of God?

NO!
Because i'm not a Jew anticipating to rule with Christ in his kingdom but if i have to be with him in his kingdom as one of his corulers then i must be BORN AGAIN because flesh and blood can't go to where his government will be established: heaven smiley
Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by tctrills: 9:33pm On Dec 05, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

That's why i said the term: Kingdom of God
As used by Jesus has two different meanings it doesn't apply the same way in the case of a member of the Jewish high court and a gentile.

When Jesus used that term for Nicodemus he was talking about ruling with Christ in heaven {John 3:3-5} and the same applies to the rich ruler whom Jesus asked to go and sell everything he had! Luke 18:18-23

Note that he didn't say the same to common Jews who only want to enjoy the benefit of Christ's reign but to Jewish rulers who wants more than just being subjects of God's kingdom! smiley
Where is it written that the Kingdom of God has 2 meanings.
Hence there are 2 kingdoms

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by tctrills: 9:34pm On Dec 05, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

NO!
Because i'm not a Jew anticipating to rule with Christ in his kingdom but if i have to be with him in his kingdom as one of his corulers then i must be BORN AGAIN because flesh and blood can't go to where his government will be established: heaven smiley
Please where is it written that only the Jews would rule with Christ?
And only the Jews will be in heaven.
Don't you know that all are one in the Kingdom of God?
Galatians 3:28
This is literally translated "There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
You see you are wrong?

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by tctrills: 9:37pm On Dec 05, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

NO!
Was Cornelius born again
Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:39pm On Dec 05, 2023
tctrills:

So Christ lied when he said except a man be born again?
If being born again was not a condition for entering the kingdom, why would Christ have said so?
He was addressing a member of the Jewish high court in that group they believe that the Christ will select his corulers in their midst.

That's why Jesus used an illustration to show them that their reward if they're ready to be saved will be the same with all other people! READ Matthew 20:1-16
This illustration shows that both Jews and gentiles will gain the same thing: everlasting life.
But as for being corulers with Christ only God can choose and it must be among those that have received training from the King himself that's why none of those who lived before John the baptist can qualify because they never got the needed training to become corulers with Christ! Matthew 11:11-12 smiley
Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by tctrills: 9:43pm On Dec 05, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

He was addressing a member of the Jewish high court in that group they believe that the Christ will select his corulers in their midst.

That's why Jesus used an illustration to show them that their reward if they're ready to be saved will be the same with all other people! READ Matthew 20:1-16
This illustration shows that both Jews and gentiles will gain the same thing: everlasting life.
But as for being corulers with Christ only God can choose and it must be among those that have received training from the King himself that's why none of those who lived before John the baptist can qualify because they never got the needed training to become corulers with Christ! Matthew 11:11-12 smiley

You clearly don't understand, the truth remains the truth no matter who you are addressing.
If only Jews can enter heaven Christ would have said so. He would have said except a Jew is born again he cannot enter the kingdom of heaven.
But he did not lie, he knew what he said, when he said except a man, that covers all humans both Jews and non Jews. Unless you don't think non Jews are human.
Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by achorladey: 9:43pm On Dec 05, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

You just wish there's a loophole in my comments but it's a pity you can't find it Sir!
Where did i lied nah? cheesy

I said the thief can't be a BORN AGAIN not that he can't be saved because he has gotten a Visa to Paradise. Remember Peter was addressing his BORN AGAIN Christian brothers that they shouldn't suffer as a thief because it's impossible for a thief to be BORN AGAIN note that doesn't mean such a person can't get to Paradise but to rule with Christ? No way for a thief! smiley

All this your madness and insanities peddling so far has no basis or foundation to stand upon. What tctrills is doing to you is to expend your arsenal of lies and manipulations grin grin grin grin

1. In content and context nothing in that 1 Peter 4 account is talking about crimes or sins that won't qualify born again to be in God's kingdom.

2. Or do you not know that unrighteous people will not inherit God’s Kingdom?+ Do not be misled. Those who are sexually immoral, idolaters, adulterer, men who submit to homosexual acts, men who practice homosexuality, 10 thieves, greedy people, drunkards, revilers, and extortioners will not inherit God’s Kingdom

From this account, IDOLATERS is not a criminal offence around the world. Definitely it is a SIN that born again can afford to do that and still go to heaven grin grin grin grin
Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by tctrills: 9:45pm On Dec 05, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

NO!
Jesus Christ did not say except a Jew, he said except a man. He was not lying.

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:45pm On Dec 05, 2023
tctrills:

You clearly don't understand, the truth remains the truth no matter who you are addressing.
If only Jews can enter heaven Christ would have said so. He would have said except a Jew is born again he cannot enter the kingdom of heaven.
But he did not lie, he knew what he said, when he said except a man, that covers all humans both Jews and non Jews. Unless you don't think non Jews are human.

The battery of my phone is running low.

Till some other time.

Goodnight! smiley
Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by achorladey: 9:50pm On Dec 05, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

But as for being corulers with Christ only God can choose and it must be among those that have received training from the King himself that's why none of those who lived before John the baptist can qualify because they never got the needed training to become corulers with Christ! Matthew 11:11-12

Serious madness and insanities peddling in full session grin grin

Speculation and assumptions in full swing

and it must be among those that have received training from the King himself that's why none of those who lived before John the baptist can qualify because they never got the needed training to become corulers with Christ

It continues grin grin
Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:04am On Dec 06, 2023
tctrills:

According to God's plan it was only among the descendants of Jacob (Israel) that the Christ's corulers were to be selected they will serve as Kings and Priests over all other tribes of the earth {Exodus 19:5 compare to Revelations 7:5-8} so when Jesus was addressing Nicodemus the man knew what he is driving at.
It was because the nation of Israel lost that privilege. First of all ten tribes out of twelve turned away and never came back to pure worship these ones are called "Samaritans" {John 4:20-24} Jesus made it clear to the woman that only the Jews (three southern tribes) still have God's promise! John 4:22
So when Jesus told Nicodemus "except a man is born again" Nicodemus understood that it's within those to be selected among the Jews that's the import of what Jesus commanded his disciples when sending them out to preach:
These 12 Jesus sent out, giving them these instructions: “Do not go off into the road of the nations, and do not enter any Sa·marʹi·tan city; but instead, go continually to the lost sheep of the house of Israel" Matthew 10:5-6

Why segregation of Samaritans?
Are they not also descendants of Jacob?

Well it's because Jesus' mission was to gather his own corulers whom he referred to as his sheep {John 10:14} it's this first set that will go out and gather the subjects of God's kingdom throughout the earth {Matthew 28:19-20 compare to Act 1:8} these billions of subjects Jesus referred to as his "other sheep" John 10:16

That is why the book of Revelations said that John saw the lamb on mount Zion (God's supposed government house) with him 144,000 (his corulers) they will always be with him everywhere he goes! Revelations 14:1-5

It's after these set has been sealed that the great crowd of subjects emerged:

And I saw another angel flying in midheaven, and he had everlasting good news to declare to those who dwell on the earth, to every nation and tribe and tongue and people. He was saying in a loud voice: “Fear God and give him glory, because the hour of judgment by him has arrived, so worship the One who made the heaven and the earth and the sea and the springs of water.” Revelations 14:6-7

The highlighted in blue shows that the great crowd are not in the same location with the 144,000 though they're all worshiping God as one family {Revelations 7:9} so Jesus' promise that the other sheep will join the first set in pure worship will be fulfilled {John 10:16} but due to some reasons they can't be in the same location, the Jews have polluted Jerusalem by spilling out the blood of God's servants {Matthew 23:37-38} and finally they condemned the Christ in Jerusalem! Matthew 27:25

That's why Jesus promised his corulers that they will be taken to another location (heaven) and from there they will rule over the earth {John 14:1-3} but instead of the selection to come from only Israelites or Jews the invitation has been blown open to people from other nations of the earth so the 144,000 will be chosen from different nations not just Israel! Matthew 21:43
Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:26am On Dec 06, 2023
tctrills:

Was Cornelius born again

YES! Himself and some members of his house became the first set of gentiles to be counted among the 144,000 corulers with Christ!
Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:42am On Dec 06, 2023
@ tctrills
Go through this thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/7932330/rhoda-jatau-languishes-prison-after#127338266

I believe it will help you a lot regarding what i told you about busybody who revealed what is to be concealed. The woman in question is a Northern yet she is been detained for revealing what was supposed to be hidden from the public.
Even a prominent politician who condemned the act on Twitter quickly deleted his Twitt on this matter, that's to show you how deadly it is to be a busybody in an unjust world! undecided
Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by achorladey: 6:07am On Dec 06, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

According to God's plan it was only among the descendants of Jacob (Israel) that the Christ's corulers were to be selected they will serve as Kings and Priests over all other tribes of the earth {Exodus 19:5 compare to Revelations 7:5-8} so when Jesus was addressing Nicodemus the man knew what he is driving at.
It was because the nation of Israel lost that privilege. First of all ten tribes out of twelve turned away and never came back to pure worship these ones are called "Samaritans" {John 4:20-24} Jesus made it clear to the woman that only the Jews (three southern tribes) still have God's promise! John 4:22
So when Jesus told Nicodemus "except a man is born again" Nicodemus understood that it's within those to be selected among the Jews that's the import of what Jesus commanded his disciples when sending them out to preach:
These 12 Jesus sent out, giving them these instructions: “Do not go off into the road of the nations, and do not enter any Sa·marʹi·tan city; but instead, go continually to the lost sheep of the house of Israel" Matthew 10:5-6

Well it's because Jesus' mission was to gather his own corulers whom he referred to as his sheep {John 10:14} it's this first set that will go out and gather the subjects of God's kingdom throughout the earth {Matthew 28:19-20 compare to Act 1:8} these billions of subjects Jesus referred to as his "other sheep" John 10:16

That is why the book of Revelations said that John saw the lamb on mount Zion (God's supposed government house) with him 144,000 (his corulers) they will always be with him everywhere he goes! Revelations 14:1-5

And I saw another angel flying in midheaven, and he had everlasting good news to declare to those who dwell on the earth, to every nation and tribe and tongue and people. He was saying in a loud voice: “Fear God and give him glory, because the hour of judgment by him has arrived, so worship the One who made the heaven and the earth and the sea and the springs of water.” Revelations 14:6-7

The highlighted in blue shows that the great crowd are not in the same location with the 144,000 though they're all worshiping God as one family {Revelations 7:9} so Jesus' promise that the other sheep will join the first set in pure worship will be fulfilled {John 10:16} but due to some reasons they can't be in the same location, the Jews have polluted Jerusalem by spilling out the blood of God's servants {Matthew 23:37-38} and finally they condemned the Christ in Jerusalem! Matthew 27:25

That's why Jesus promised his corulers that they will be taken to another location (heaven) and from there they will rule over the earth {John 14:1-3} but instead of the selection to come from only Israelites or Jews the invitation has been blown open to people from other nations of the earth so the 144,000 will be chosen from different nations not just Israel! Matthew 21:43

See madness and insanities peddling over, are Jews only the born again Christians? grin grin grin

Simple answer NO.
Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by achorladey: 6:16am On Dec 06, 2023
tctrills:

So John would not be in heaven?

Let me rephrase this question....

So, John will not be in God's kingdom? grin grin grin

Or

So John will not enter into God's kingdom
Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by tctrills: 6:21am On Dec 06, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
@ tctrills
Go through this thread:

I believe it will help you a lot regarding what i told you about busybody who revealed what is to be concealed. The woman in question is a Northern yet she is been detained for revealing what was supposed to be hidden from the public.
Even a prominent politician who condemned the act on Twitter quickly deleted his Twitt on this matter, that's to show you how deadly it is to be a busybody in an unjust world! undecided
Your point is that being a busybody is worse than adultery right?
Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by achorladey: 6:23am On Dec 06, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
@ tctrills
Go through this thread:

You will use anything from your madness and insanities peddling brains to lie and manipulate even happenings and events....

facing charges of inciting public disturbance, “exciting contempt of religious creed,” and cyberstalking.

Where in the charges above you see busybody?

They contend that Jatau’s incarceration represents an infringement on her fundamental rights to freedom of expression, religion or belief. Of concern is the repeated denial of bail to Jatau.

No wonder you were using North Korea as standards. Had it been that nation, she be dead long before now. Since they lack words highlighted in bold grin grin
Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by tctrills: 6:28am On Dec 06, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

YES! Himself and some members of his house became the first set of gentiles to be counted among the 144,000 corulers with Christ!
Now you see you don't have a point.
So clearly there are not to Kingdoms of God as you claim.
Now you see that both Jews and Gentiles are the same. Both go to the very same Kingdom of God.
Romans 10:12

12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

Now
Point to one scripture that says Jews and Gentiles who believe in Christ would have 2 different eternal outcomes?
Just one scripture please.

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:31am On Dec 06, 2023
tctrills:

Your point is that being a busybody is worse than adultery right?
You're trying to misconstrue what i said.

Adultery according to God's word is a SIN but in other cultures around the world people don't take it as CRIME so those practicing it due to their pagan origin may be chosen as born again Christians after their conversion to Christianity but busybodies won't be because they are not doing it under any tradition.

So a former adulterer may be selected among the BORN AGAIN Christians {1Corinthians 9:10-11} but armed robbers, murderers, deliberate evildoers and busybodies can only gain everlasting life if they stop the evil act they can never ever become BORN AGAIN Christians! 1Peter 4:15
Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:34am On Dec 06, 2023
tctrills:

Now you see you don't have a point.
So clearly there are not to Kingdoms of God as you claim.
Now you see that both Jews and Gentiles are the same. Both go to the very same Kingdom of God.
Romans 10:12
12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
Now
Point to one scripture that says Jews and Gentiles who believe in Christ would have 2 different eternal outcomes?
Just one scripture please.

Your grievances is the blurring power here!

Both Jews and gentiles will be selected as part of corulers with Christ and of course billions will inherit everlasting life in Paradise on Earth but the Christ and his corulers will be in heaven while the subjects of God's kingdom will be on planet earth!
Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by tctrills: 6:36am On Dec 06, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

You are yet to show one verse that says the Jews and Gentiles go to different kingdoms of God. Your argument is that because the gospel was first preached to the Jews hence they would go to a different Kingdom.
But neither Christ nor his disciples taught that.
Finally please point to the verse in revelations that says only 144k men would be in heaven?
Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by achorladey: 6:37am On Dec 06, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Both Jews and gentiles will be selected as part of corulers with Christ and of course billions will inherit everlasting life in Paradise on Earth but the Christ and his corulers will be in heaven while the subjects of God's kingdom will be on planet earth!

Here it is.....

Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:38am On Dec 06, 2023
tctrills:

You are yet to show one verse that says the Jews and Gentiles go to different kingdoms of God. Your argument is that because the gospel was first preached to the Jews hence they would go to a different Kingdom.
But neither Christ nor his disciples taught that.
Finally please point to the verse in revelations that says only 144k men would be in heaven?

Please quote where i typed the highlighted! smiley
Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by tctrills: 6:39am On Dec 06, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Oga this is your guesswork not the word of God right?
Now listen to the word of God
John 10:16

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

He will bring his sheep together and make them 1 fold not 2 fold.
Are you calling Jesus a liar?

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:42am On Dec 06, 2023
tctrills:

Oga this is your guesswork not the word of God right?
Now listen to the word of God
John 10:16

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

He will bring his sheep together and make them 1 fold not 2 fold.
Are you calling Jesus a liar?

The one fold simply means both the Born Again Christians taken to heaven and their subjects on earth will believe and practice the same faith not that they will geographically be in the same location! John 4:24
Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by tctrills: 6:42am On Dec 06, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

That's your entire point. 1. You never provided a passage of scripture that says only the Jews can go to heaven.
2. You agreed that Cornelius a gentile is born again.
3. No verse in the entire bible speaks about 2 Kingdoms of God
So where did this idea that no gentile goes to heaven comes from
4. Jesus Christ says you can't enter his kingdom if you are not born again.
Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:44am On Dec 06, 2023
tctrills:

That's your entire point. 1. You never provided a passage of scripture that says only the Jews can go to heaven.
2. You agreed that Cornelius a gentile is born again.
3. No verse in the entire bible speaks about 2 Kingdoms of God
So where did this idea that no gentile goes to heaven comes from
4. Jesus Christ says you can't enter his kingdom if you are not born again.

Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by tctrills: 6:47am On Dec 06, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

The one fold simply means both the Born Again Christians taken to heaven and their subjects on earth will believe and practice the same faith not that they will geographically be in the same location! John 4:24
Oga do you understand the meaning of one fold?
Jesus Christ already told you that he would bring his 2 fold together.
He clearly stated that he will join them together. Both folds were not practicing different faiths.
All the folds of Christ practiced the same faith.
Please was there ever a time that Jewish Christians and Gentle christians practiced different faiths?
Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by tctrills: 6:50am On Dec 06, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

So if both Jews and Gentiles go to the kingdom of Heaven and both Jews and Gentiles are born again, what is your point?
This clearly means that Jesus Christ meant what he said that unless a man is born again, (both Jew and gentile) he can't enter the kingdom of God.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (31) (Reply)

Praying For Someone To Die Is It Biblical? / Warning! Don't Watch This Video, You Might Lose Your Faith / Do People Still Go Out To Preach & Convert People In Real Time?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.