Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,741 members, 7,851,554 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:36 PM

What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 (11821 Views)

2020/2021 Prophecies By Child-of-god John-sogbete Princewill / What Does It Mean To "Sin Wilfully" In Hebrews 10:26? - Prince Gabriel Okocha / See Who Mocked God: John Lennon (singer): Some Years Ago, During His Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by achorladey: 6:52am On Dec 06, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

You're trying to misconstrue what i said.

Adultery according to God's word is a SIN but in other cultures around the world people don't take it as CRIME so those practicing it due to their pagan origin may be chosen as born again Christians after their conversion to Christianity but busybodies won't be because they are not doing it under any tradition.

So a former adulterer may be selected among the BORN AGAIN Christians {1Corinthians 9:10-11} but armed robbers, murderers, deliberate evildoers and busybodies can only gain everlasting life if they stop the evil act they can never ever become BORN AGAIN Christians! 1Peter 4:15

He finally rope himself in a dangerous manner.

So a former adulterer may be selected among the BORN AGAIN Christians {1Corinthians 6:10-11}

You see how your manipulate and lie with your words....... former adulterer may be selected

Here is 1. Corinthians 6: 10 - 11 Do not be misled.nThose who are sexually immoral, idolaters, adulterer, men who submit to homosexual acts, men who practice homosexuality, 10 thieves, greedy people, drunkards, revilers, and extortioners will not inherit God’s Kingdom.

Now see your lying and manipulated brains at work

but armed robbers, murderers, deliberate evildoers and busybodies can only gain everlasting life if they stop the evil act they can never ever become BORN AGAIN Christians! 1Peter 4:15.

First Corinthians says they will not inherit God's kingdom grin grin grin grin. The key word here is INHERIT INHERIT INHERIT. Who inherit God's kingdom? Even thieves will inherit it when they stopped that unrighteousness of stealing. No where in 1 Peter 4:15 says those who stopped busybodies will only gain everlasting life but not inherit God's kingdom just like thieves, murderers and busybody grin grin grin grin

12.....And yet that is what some of you were. But you have been washed clean; you have been sanctified; you have been declared righteous in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and with the spirit of our God.

The thieves that were sanctified, washed clean, declared righteous will inherit God's kingdom grin grin
Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by tctrills: 6:52am On Dec 06, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

The one fold simply means both the Born Again Christians taken to heaven and their subjects on earth will believe and practice the same faith not that they will geographically be in the same location! John 4:24
Please how does John 4.24 explain the different folds?
God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
Learn to read before quoting

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by tctrills: 6:55am On Dec 06, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Your grievances is the blurring power here!

Both Jews and gentiles will be selected as part of corulers with Christ and of course billions will inherit everlasting life in Paradise on Earth but the Christ and his corulers will be in heaven while the subjects of God's kingdom will be on planet earth!
Your guesswork again.

But then why did you lie when you said that the words of Jesus Christ below only applies to Jews.
Except a man be born again, he can't enter the kingdom of God
Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by achorladey: 7:03am On Dec 06, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

The one fold simply means both the Born Again Christians taken to heaven and their subjects on earth will believe and practice the same faith not that they will geographically be in the same location! John 4:24

See cut and join Bible interpretation grin grin grin grin grin

From John 10:16 ran back to John 4:24. The content and context of John 4 is different from the content and context of John 10:16 grin grin grin.
Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:09am On Dec 06, 2023
tctrills:

Oga do you understand the meaning of one fold?
Jesus Christ already told you that he would bring his 2 fold together.
He clearly stated that he will join them together. Both folds were not practicing different faiths.
All the folds of Christ practiced the same faith.
Please was there ever a time that Jewish Christians and Gentle christians practiced different faiths?

I will advise you to stop listening to the other guy and focus on what you and i are discussing if you want to get my point.

I never said Jewish Christians and gentiles will be in different places or practice different faith perhaps you should calm down and reread my posts carefully!
Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:12am On Dec 06, 2023
tctrills:

So if both Jews and Gentiles go to the kingdom of Heaven and both Jews and Gentiles are born again, what is your point?
This clearly means that Jesus Christ meant what he said that unless a man is born again, (both Jew and gentile) he can't enter the kingdom of God.

My point is that there's a difference between a Christian and a BORN AGAIN Christian, a BORN AGAIN Christian will be taken to rule with Christ in heaven while a Christian will inherit everlasting life on earth but in both places there will be Jews and gentiles!
Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by tctrills: 7:12am On Dec 06, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

I will advise you to stop listening to the other guy and focus on what you and i are discussing if you want to get my point.

I never said Jewish Christians and gentiles will be in different places or practice different faith perhaps you should calm down and reread my posts carefully!
Oh you want to tell me who I can or who I cannot listen to on a free forum. Hmmm
So now you are admitting that Jews and Gentiles would be in the same place right?
So where did your 2 kingdoms story come from.
Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by tctrills: 7:15am On Dec 06, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

My point is that there's a difference between a Christian and a BORN AGAIN Christian, a BORN AGAIN Christian will be taken to rule with Christ in heaven while a Christian will inherit everlasting life on earth but in both places there will be Jews and gentiles!
I understand that is your point but that is not the point Jesus nor any of his disciples taught.
They never grouped the followers of Christ into 2 categories.
Christians and then born again Christians
Your point is actually manmade guesswork that has nothing to do with scripture.
I have begged you to show just one verse where Jesus Christ divided his followers into 2 categories.
Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by tctrills: 7:16am On Dec 06, 2023
achorladey:

See cut and join Bible interpretation grin grin grin grin grin

From John 10:16 ran back to John 4:24. The content and context of John 4 is different from the content and context of John 10:16 grin grin grin.
I tire oh
Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by tctrills: 7:19am On Dec 06, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

What did Jesus Christ mean when he said repeatedly in the book of Revelation, 'To him that overcome'
What does it mean to overcome.
Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:21am On Dec 06, 2023
tctrills:

Your guesswork again.
But then why did you lie when you said that the words of Jesus Christ below only applies to Jews. Except a man be born again, he can't enter the kingdom of God

Jesus was addressing Nicodemus a Jew who is a member of the Jewish High Court.
In that group they're anticipating joining Christ in his rulership in Jerusalem but by the time Nicodemus was talking to Jesus Jerusalem has already been condemned for their gross maltreatment of God's prophets {Matthew 23:37-38} so that the seat of God's kingdom has been changed to heaven and no human can go there unless he or she has a new rebirth. Nicodemus knew that God never intended to select anyone from among the gentiles to rule with Christ but now that the Jews have rejected Christ the invitation has been blown open to gentiles! John 1:11-12

So a man can't be a part of Christ's corulers unless he is born again but that doesn't mean servants of God who aren't born again won't enter everlasting life under Christ's reign!
Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:22am On Dec 06, 2023
tctrills:

Oh you want to tell me who I can or who I cannot listen to on a free forum. Hmmm
So now you are admitting that Jews and Gentiles would be in the same place right?
So where did your 2 kingdoms story come from.

Please quote where i typed the highlighted!
Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:24am On Dec 06, 2023
tctrills:

I understand that is your point but that is not the point Jesus nor any of his disciples taught.
They never grouped the followers of Christ into 2 categories.
Christians and then born again Christians
Your point is actually manmade guesswork that has nothing to do with scripture.
I have begged you to show just one verse where Jesus Christ divided his followers into 2 categories.

Talking about two categories Jesus said he has OTHER SHEEP meaning there are two categories of Christians! smiley
Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:25am On Dec 06, 2023
tctrills:

What did Jesus Christ mean when he said repeatedly in the book of Revelation, 'To him that overcome'
What does it mean to overcome.

Please why quoting the same post twice?

Can you calmly read before responding?
Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by tctrills: 7:28am On Dec 06, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Please why quoting the same post twice?

Can you calmly read before responding?
We all have our style. You should get used to it
Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by tctrills: 7:29am On Dec 06, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Talking about two categories Jesus said he has OTHER SHEEP meaning there are two categories of Christians! smiley
But he said he will make the one meaning there will be only one category
Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:31am On Dec 06, 2023
tctrills:

We all have our style. You should get used to it

Well i just love responding to anyone who quotes me most especially when such ones ask sincere questions but when you're quoting the same post over and over again it shows you're not sincere to me! undecided

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by tctrills: 7:32am On Dec 06, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Please quote where i typed the highlighted!

If you can't remember your words, don't give me the job of quoting but I will be happy if you take back your words. Are you saying that you never said 'The Kingdom of God 'has 2 different meanings?
If you never said so then let's immediately agree that their is just one kingdom of God and except a man is born again he can't enter it

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:32am On Dec 06, 2023
tctrills:

But he said he will make the one meaning there will be only one category

So why two SHEEP in the first place if you understand him? smiley

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:34am On Dec 06, 2023
tctrills:

If you can't remember your words, don't give me the job of quoting but I will be happy if you take back your words. Are you saying that you never said 'The Kingdom of God 'has 2 different meanings?
If you never said so then let's immediately agree that their is just one kingdom of God and except a man is born again he can't enter it

If you're trying to make this a joke then i will help you.

The thief was never BORN AGAIN! wink

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by tctrills: 7:38am On Dec 06, 2023
[quote author=MaxInDHouse post=127340335]

Jesus was addressing Nicodemus a Jew who is a member of the Jewish High Court.
In that group they're anticipating joining Christ in his rulership in Jerusalem but by the time Nicodemus was talking to Jesus Jerusalem has already been condemned for their gross maltreatment of God's prophets {Matthew 23:37-38} so that the seat of God's kingdom has been changed to heaven and no human can go there unless he or she has a new rebirth.

The truth is the same no matter who you are speaking to. There isn't a truth for Jews and a truth for gentiles.
Jesus did not say unless a Jew is born again, he can't enter the kingdom of heaven.

Nicodemus knew that God never intended to select anyone from among the gentiles to rule with Christ but now that the Jews have rejected Christ the invitation has been blown open to gentiles! John 1:11-12

This is a lie and your personal opinion. If God never intended to select gentiles how come Cornelius? Did God have a change of mind?

So a man can't be a part of Christ's corulers unless he is born again but that doesn't mean servants of God who aren't born again won't enter everlasting life under Christ's reign!
This is not taught in any scripture. It's again guesswork.
Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by tctrills: 7:39am On Dec 06, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

If you're trying to make this a joke then i will help you.

The thief was never BORN AGAIN! wink
And how do you know?
Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by tctrills: 7:41am On Dec 06, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

So why two SHEEP in the first place if you understand him? smiley
Does it even matter, what matters is they become one. You can't claim the sheep is one if the are treated differently and kept in different locations.
You can't treat people differently and claim they are one.

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:42am On Dec 06, 2023
tctrills:

This is a lie and your personal opinion. If God never intended to select gentiles how come Cornelius? Did God have a change of mind?

Please explain what this verse mean:

He came to his own home, but his own people did not accept him. However, to all who did receive him, he gave authority to become God’s children, because they were exercising faith in his name. John 1:11-12

Was God planning to destroy all the earth and preserve only the Jews? cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:43am On Dec 06, 2023
tctrills:

And how do you know?
So a thief can be a BORN AGAIN at the same time shey? cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:44am On Dec 06, 2023
tctrills:

Does it even matter, what matters is they become one. You can't claim the sheep is one if the are treated differently and kept in different locations.
You can't treat people differently and claim they are one.

Do you know the meaning of SHEEP literally?

Well a shepherd can have sheep kept in more than one location o! cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by tctrills: 7:52am On Dec 06, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Do you know the meaning of SHEEP literally?

Well a shepherd can have sheep kept in more than one location o! cheesy
But Jesus Christ is saying he will bring his together or can't your read?
Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by tctrills: 7:52am On Dec 06, 2023
[quote author=MaxInDHouse post=127340628]
So a thief can be a BORN AGAIN at the same time shey? cheesy[/quote
A born again can commit sin
Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by tctrills: 7:57am On Dec 06, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Please explain what this verse mean:

He came to his own home, but his own people did not accept him. However, to all who did receive him, he gave authority to become God’s children, because they were exercising faith in his name. John 1:11-12

Was God planning to destroy all the earth and preserve only the Jews? cheesy
You just keep presenting me with the right verses.
Here it states clearly that everyone, not 144k that received him become Children of God. Everyone the receives him becomes co-heirs with Christ.
Please this verse does not talk about 2 Kingdoms of God. Provide a verse that reflects your views please
Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:01am On Dec 06, 2023
tctrills:

But Jesus Christ is saying he will bring his together or can't your read?
Literally a shepherd always carry his sheep together when it's time to feed them but when they're returning to their place each knows where to sleep! wink

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:03am On Dec 06, 2023
tctrills:

A born again can commit sin

We're saying the same thing nah. cheesy

So after robbery he will still continue preaching and teaching about God's kingdom shey? cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean To Know God? John 17.3 by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:05am On Dec 06, 2023
tctrills:

You just keep presenting me with the right verses.
Here it states clearly that everyone, not 144k that received him become Children of God. Everyone the receives him becomes co-heirs with Christ.
Please this verse does not talk about 2 Kingdoms of God. Provide a verse that reflects your views please

In that verse who are his own people and who are not his own people?

Were those who aren't his own people part of the plan or they're just waste products? cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (31) (Reply)

The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. / An Excerpt: The Sword Of Solomon By F.w. Boreham / Some Funny Churches Name.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.